Shipping inconsistencies?

Dizmal

Dizmal

Awards
  • Established
Hey guys.

I've noticed while ordering sometimes my stuff takes 3-4 days to get here and others it takes a full week. any idea on why this is?

For instance, I put in an order Monday, which shipped Tuesday and will arrive Saturday.

I put in an order yesterday, shipped today and I won't recieve that one untill next Tues the 23rd. 1 day apart in shipping, yet 3 days difference in delivery? Obviously there is a Sunday in there, but then why isn't it here on Monday??? :fool2:

It's minor, I know... But it's frustrating! Some orders are 3-4 days and others are a full week untill delivery. Now, I'm sure most of the blame lies with FedEX. But they aren't exactly on this forum! :D

I wouldn't mind if every order was 7 days, at least I would know for sure when I need to order and when I'd get my stuff. But this inconsistency is kind of annoying.

Ideas as to why this is and any ways to remedy this? I'm in MN btw, so i shouldn't be too far off the beaten path...

RoadBlocK

RoadBlocK

Awards
  • Established
I know you dont mean any harm, and you posted your question in a very clear and competent way, but I have got to ask you, are you serious??

Do you ever order anything else online, from anywhere else?? You cant seriously call a couple of days inconsistency, honestly, if anything, that shipping timeframe of a few days to a week is fantastic. Sometimes things take weeks to get shipped. I ordered sweatshirts that were instock, and it took almost 10 days to get to me. I just ordered boots last week and I wont get them until the end of the month. These are not from little shops, the orders were with champ sports and famous footwear, and thats the kind of turn around these big guys have.

With Nutraplanet, its almost like they try to give every customer personalized service and support, and they ship very fast, and handle things when they need to be handled.

But Im not a rep, so maybe one of their reps can comment on your question.

OCCFan023

OCCFan023

Awards
  • Established
Like you said the Sunday adds the extra day for non delivery, but many times fedex will add on extra days to packages unnecessarily. I have received packages a day early 2 times. Fedex would rather a day earlier than a day later for customer service benefits.

Also were there any size differences between the two packages (maybe whey in the second order?)

Dizmal

Dizmal

Awards
  • Established
I know you dont mean any harm, and you posted your question in a very clear and competent way, but I have got to ask you, are you serious??

Do you ever order anything else online, from anywhere else?? You cant seriously call a couple of days inconsistency, honestly, if anything, that shipping timeframe of a few days to a week is fantastic. Sometimes things take weeks to get shipped. I ordered sweatshirts that were instock, and it took almost 10 days to get to me. I just ordered boots last week and I wont get them until the end of the month. These are not from little shops, the orders were with champ sports and famous footwear, and thats the kind of turn around these big guys have.

With Nutraplanet, its almost like they try to give every customer personalized service and support, and they ship very fast, and handle things when they need to be handled.

But Im not a rep, so maybe one of their reps can comment on your question.

Heh, yeah I'm serious. Like I said, I realise this is probably more of a FedEX issue.

But I've ordered from countless places for different hobbies. Car parts, salt water reef supplies and livestock, random crap from amazon, etc, etc. Once I find my niche shop for each hobby, they're my go to guys and I stick with them. So I speak of experience of ordering multiple times from certain companies.

When I order from certain places. I can almost always predict if I order by this date, or even a certain time of day, I will recieve by this date. Always. Weather and other outside sources permitting.

I've ordered enough stuff from NP to know that most orders are only shipped around 3-5pm cst. I know that it takes 1 full day from the time I order till the time my order is shipped. 1 item or 20, no matter when I order my stuff, 2-3am, 10-11am, 2-3pm, 6-8pm. It is shipped by 5pm the next day.

I will get my email saying my order was shipped between 3-5pm cst every time. FedEX must come once a day.

As far as in stock, etc. If something isn't in stock, it won't let me complete my order. Just happened to me :D

Like you said the Sunday adds the extra day for non delivery, but many times fedex will add on extra days to packages unnecessarily. I have received packages a day early 2 times. Fedex would rather a day earlier than a day later for customer service benefits.

Also were there any size differences between the two packages (maybe whey in the second order?)
No, actually Mondays order had 8 items and Tuesdays order had 1, Prime.

Like I said, I realize this is probably more of a problem with FedEX than it is with NP. No harm or foul meant. From the minute I order and the time spent in processing untill shipped, is always consistent, 1 day. But FedEX I guess, is not.

Again, no harm no foul towards NP. You guys aren't losing my business. Just curious as to why that is I guess.

Or I'm just a :whiner:

Dizmal

Dizmal

Awards
  • Established
For instance, order #25637.

Shipped on a Wednesday, delivered on a Saturday. For some reason FedEX got it to me faster that order than both of these 2.

FedEX is just fubar

RoadBlocK

RoadBlocK

Awards
  • Established
Ok fair enough, you seen to have sufficient experience, but I just remembered, to my knowledge, fedex home doesnt work on mondays. Again, Im not a rep, but if Im right, then theres some of the delay right there.

verner

verner

Team Nutra Ninja Monkey Trainer
Awards
  • Established
Fed ex home does not deliver SAT, Sun, OR Monday. This is where you see the discrepancy.

verner

verner

Team Nutra Ninja Monkey Trainer
Awards
  • Established
I will get my email saying my order was shipped between 3-5pm cst every time. FedEX must come once a day.

As far as in stock, etc. If something isn't in stock, it won't let me complete my order. Just happened to me :
:
Yes USPS comes once a day. The same for Fed ex air, and Fed ex ground.

Your comment on items not in stock is not quite right. If an item says "ships in 2-4 business days", It can be ordered but is not in stock at that time. Only if it says "out of stock", can it not be ordered.

Dizmal

Dizmal

Awards
  • Established
Yes USPS comes once a day. The same for Fed ex air, and Fed ex ground.

Your comment on items not in stock is not quite right. If an item says "ships in 2-4 business days", It can be ordered but is not in stock at that time. Only if it says "out of stock", can it not be ordered.
Thank you for the correction. That is what I meant.

Anyways, the issue CLEARLY isn't you guys at NP. It's FedEX and I was not aware of the different operating days. Mondays off??? Talk about banker hours man!! Never knew...

I recieved about 4-5 different samples with my last order which rocked! I'll just note that if I want my order in the same week from FedEX I need to order by Monday. Anything shipping after Tuesday has the extra 2 day wait :(

Thanks for helping clear that up for me. NP rocks! :dance:

RoadBlocK

RoadBlocK

Awards
  • Established
Fed ex home does not deliver SAT, Sun, OR Monday. This is where you see the discrepancy.
See that, even I dont know everything. Must be nice for them to work 4 days a week. :toofunny:

But in all seriousness, this IS good information to have, just in case one does need something asap, this unusual schedule would be something that needs to be taken into account when placing orders.