UK guys and customs?

0-hero

0-hero

Banned
Awards
  • Established
Just wondering if any guys here from the UK had an order taken by customs and if so how did you know?

I ask because last week i paid for the more expensive shipping option to the UK to get an order faster however its 3-4 days overdue and have no idea how to find out its fate.

Ive posted here because i emailed NP already and got the advice of "sit tight".

I know it was shipped via USPS in the US, however i was wondering if there was anyway to get a tracking number for it in the UK etc etc.

many thanks.

TruffleShuffle

Awards
  • Established
i REALLY wouldnt use USPS for shipments to the UK. Why not just spend an extra $5 or so and get FedEX 1-3 day shipping?

Just so u know, your USPS tracking number will work on the Parcelforce webpage (they deliver USPS parcels in the UK).

I cant recommend FedEx enough tho, it's a little more but the tracking is far far better (you can even track the flight its on), and deliveries get to my door in 48 hours after placing the order.

I actually ordered at the same time from NP and UK supplier CHUKS. The NP order arrived first!!

0-hero

0-hero

Banned
Awards
  • Established
Wow your one brave dude ordering from CHUKs >.< but thats another story.

Tried the number on the parcelforce website and says last known origin was in Miami on the 31st, so it was shipped from the US 5 days ago but hasent landed yet?

Doesnt sound good for me lol

TruffleShuffle

Awards
  • Established
Yes it does sound like its sitting somewhere. It took 2 days from leaving origiin country to arrived in destination country for a USPS parcel that USP Labs are sending me.

So whats up with CHUKs? i've never had any problems with them?

Australian made

Australian made

Awards
  • Established
Ive never had anything held at customs including all kinds of ph's and research chemicals. Never once had an issue with USPS. FEd EX are just as good/bad as USPS. I think one order from NP out of say 7 or 8 had customs charges added to it and 2 out of 2 orders from bn.com had customs charges added to it. The "customs charges" are only one or two pounds, its royal mail who adds around £10 per package as a "handling fee". Bit of a joke really.

0-hero

0-hero

Banned
Awards
  • Established
CHUKs and sister site bulkpowders have a poor reputation around most UK boards mate, problem is they sponsor a lot of them so the threads get removed more often than not.

Yeah sounds like its sitting somewhere, but i have no idea how to find out, i should add it only contains fish oils, green tea etc, nothing illegal over here.

TruffleShuffle

Awards
  • Established
really?

i must admit i havent really used any UK based boards other than MensHealth. I got so annoyed cause everyday there would be 5 new threads from teenagers wanting to know how to 'tone up' and it didnt matter how many times you say "ok you mean you want to lose fat then" they'd keep saying stuff like "no, i want to tone up, ya know, look like nelly and stuff have some great abs"

Then some idiot would chim in and say "well if u want to see your abs you gotta lose the fat covering them, do loads of situps and that'll burn that Ab fat right off"

In the end i gave up and came straight here. now i'm learning more and more each day.

So what UK places do people use? (boards and sup sites) I really only buy Protien in the UK at the moment cause of how cheap NP is.

Australian made

Australian made

Awards
  • Established
really?

i must admit i havent really used any UK based boards other than MensHealth. I got so annoyed cause everyday there would be 5 new threads from teenagers wanting to know how to 'tone up' and it didnt matter how many times you say "ok you mean you want to lose fat then" they'd keep saying stuff like "no, i want to tone up, ya know, look like nelly and stuff have some great abs"

Then some idiot would chim in and say "well if u want to see your abs you gotta lose the fat covering them, do loads of situps and that'll burn that Ab fat right off"

In the end i gave up and came straight here. now i'm learning more and more each day.

So what UK places do people use? (boards and sup sites) I really only buy Protien in the UK at the moment cause of how cheap NP is.
I've been in London for 3 years now and no offence the average englishman is a little weed with little to no clue on weight training and nutrition. Even in my gym (fitness first) i see so many people not knowing what they're doing. EG these two indian lads come in every day doing nothing but bicep curls, not a single other body part, and the flexing in the mirror, oh boy:lol:

As for sites myprotein.com has gotten much better recently and bulkpowders.com are competitive aswell. ~Any brand name stuff you want stick to nutra, the sites here are incredibly expensive. But im a big fan of buying bulk pwders and maknig my own stuff now. Lasts for months at a fraction of the cost.

TruffleShuffle

Awards
  • Established
bulkpowders and chuks are the same company tho.

Australian made

Australian made

Awards
  • Established
oh thouht it might have been that. yeah they suck. bulkpowders no problems though but if you dont like them go with myprotein. For bulk protein though bulksupps are substantially cheaper.

Australian made

Australian made

Awards
  • Established
sorry i meant bulkpowders. i dont trust the ebay stuff unless it is brand name stuff. i get 10lb bags of ON Whey from Bodyactive for £51 including delivery......but my next order will probably be from bulkpowders.

Flyboy

Flyboy

Awards
  • Established
I have had one order from BB.com take frikkin ages because it sat in customs.

Nutra has usually been pretty good though, and if you pay a few bucks more and get the fedex shipping the tracking is top notch, and you don't have to deal with parcelfarce. Last order i did was with fedex and it gets here quick!

Don't worry though, chances are it will turn up! I've had it take 10 or so days via usps before.

0-hero

0-hero

Banned
Awards
  • Established
Good to hear ill hang in there then! Just wish for the price i paid i could get a bit more of an answer from NP reps other than "sit tight", ive spent a fortune with them over the years.

In answer to above a popular site for UK guys is muscletalk.com but be aware the mods are very bias toward certain brands.

imo, AM's is far superior.

Chub

Chub

Awards
  • Established
Can you decide who you want to deliver your package if its international? On the order page and checkout i don't see any option just

"Shipping Methods
USPS (APO/FPO, PO Box, International, Domestic), FedEx Ground/Express (Domestic, International)"

then on the checkout page "Shipping Method
United States Postal Service - Express Mail International (EMS)"

doesn't give me an option to choose :think:

Chub

Chub

Awards
  • Established
i REALLY wouldnt use USPS for shipments to the UK. Why not just spend an extra $5 or so and get FedEX 1-3 day shipping?
All my orders from NP have been delivered by USPS then by parcelforce when they get to the UK. Comes within 8 days tops without any problems at all. I live up in the north east of Scotland too!

julesm

Awards
just want to say bulkpowders is completely different to the link posted above!!!!

bulk supplements direct are a brand new outfit who have sourced the best quality ingredients- they were born out of frustration of the current suppliers in the Uk

go check out esnpro.co.uk or the bsd website for further info- you could use BSD102 discount code to get 5% off your first order :)