suspicious nutraplanet.com Advise!!!

  1. New Member
    adampl2t's Avatar
    Stats
    6'5"  216 lbs.
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Age
    28
    Posts
    56
    Rep Power
    107
    Level
    10
    Lv. Percent
    74.13%

    suspicious nutraplanet.com Advise!!!


    The problem is that I ordered Cycle Support from Nutraplanet. They wanted me to confirm some kind of code from bank but I can't find it. So they asked me to send them my credit card picture with a copy of my identification document, to make sure that I am the card holder. Is it possible to basically empty my card with the data given?

  2. New Member
    witt51's Avatar
    Stats
    6'0"  190 lbs.
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Age
    34
    Posts
    460
    Rep Power
    347
    Level
    17
    Lv. Percent
    84.32%

    weird. i have dropped a ton of money at nutra and never had that happen
  3. Professional Member
    pmiller383's Avatar
    Stats
    5'10"  235 lbs.
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Age
    28
    Posts
    4,005
    Rep Power
    2671
    Level
    43
    Lv. Percent
    75.66%
    Achievements Activity ProPosting Pro

    It is there verification system, they randomly select orders to audit.
    Muscle Pharm Rep
    •   
       

  4. New Member
    adampl2t's Avatar
    Stats
    6'5"  216 lbs.
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Age
    28
    Posts
    56
    Rep Power
    107
    Level
    10
    Lv. Percent
    74.13%

    Quote Originally Posted by witt51 View Post
    weird. i have dropped a ton of money at nutra and never had that happen

    very weird indeed. The money is reserved from my account but not excluded yet. I asked them to release the reservation so I could buy it elsewhere. I don't want the send my ID picture or credit card picture.
  5. Banned
    Iron Lungz's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Age
    38
    Posts
    5,785
    Rep Power
    0
    Level
    51
    Lv. Percent
    6.89%
    Achievements Activity ProPosting ProPosting Authority

    I've never heard of that... Do you not see your three number code on the back of your card?
  6. New Member
    adampl2t's Avatar
    Stats
    6'5"  216 lbs.
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Age
    28
    Posts
    56
    Rep Power
    107
    Level
    10
    Lv. Percent
    74.13%

    Quote Originally Posted by Iron Lungz View Post
    I've never heard of that... Do you not see your three number code on the back of your card?

    They wanted me to send the authorization number for the transaction, but I can't find it. I asked the bank and they told me to look the information from internet bank but there is no transaction code as nutraplanet e-mail told me. So they asked a picture of my card and card number and id picture.
  7. Banned
    poopypants's Avatar
    Stats
    5'10"  200 lbs.
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Age
    30
    Posts
    9,204
    Rep Power
    0
    Level
    60
    Lv. Percent
    68.85%
    Achievements Activity AuthorityActivity ProPosting ProPosting Authority

    wow never heard of this myself, could very well be a verification but unless your email is a secure email and so is theres either can be accessed and that information (exact copies that someone could alter via photoshop to have their pic) could be used to do whatever they want.... I would cancel the order and then just retry again or go somewhere else... no reason to have to verify that anyways unless they get a stolen alert from a bank IMO...

    i just know I wouldnt do it even if its legit
  8. New Member
    adampl2t's Avatar
    Stats
    6'5"  216 lbs.
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Age
    28
    Posts
    56
    Rep Power
    107
    Level
    10
    Lv. Percent
    74.13%

    Quote Originally Posted by poopypants View Post
    wow never heard of this myself, could very well be a verification but unless your email is a secure email and so is theres either can be accessed and that information (exact copies that someone could alter via photoshop to have their pic) could be used to do whatever they want.... I would cancel the order and then just retry again or go somewhere else... no reason to have to verify that anyways unless they get a stolen alert from a bank IMO...

    i just know I wouldnt do it even if its legit

    thanks, I thought this myself. Sent them an e-mail to release the reservation they made from my account.
  9. Board Moderator
    Unbreakable
    David Dunn's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2003
    Age
    49
    Posts
    11,820
    Rep Power
    1317971

    Nothing shady. Actually I referred my mom to buy some stuff from them. Same thing. Her billing address (CC billing address) and her shipping address did not match.

    It's actually for your security.
  10. New Member
    adampl2t's Avatar
    Stats
    6'5"  216 lbs.
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Age
    28
    Posts
    56
    Rep Power
    107
    Level
    10
    Lv. Percent
    74.13%

    Quote Originally Posted by B5150 View Post
    Nothing shady. Actually I referred my mom to buy some stuff from them. Same thing. Her billing address (CC billing address) and her shipping address did not match.

    It's actually for your security.

    I know it may be ok and secure but about 3 years ago I lost 3000 euros through a cars selling company because I sent them my id data, even though at that time, my bank told me that it was ok to send it to them. Now I'm very paranoid with every kind of internet transactions.
  11. NutraPlanet Fanatic
    dsade's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2003
    Age
    44
    Posts
    21,518
    Rep Power
    831748
    Level
    86
    Lv. Percent
    75.73%
    Achievements Activity VeteranActivity ProActivity AuthorityPosting ProPosting Authority

    overseas fraud is quite common. by your euros referral, I would assume you are from overseas?

    This is a security measure, not unrealistic.
    Evolutionary Muse - Inspire to Evolve
    BPS - Where Body meets Performance
    Flawless Skin Couture - We give you the tools to make you Flawless
  12. New Member
    adampl2t's Avatar
    Stats
    6'5"  216 lbs.
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Age
    28
    Posts
    56
    Rep Power
    107
    Level
    10
    Lv. Percent
    74.13%

    Quote Originally Posted by dsade View Post
    overseas fraud is quite common. by your euros referral, I would assume you are from overseas?

    This is a security measure, not unrealistic.


    yes, I live in Europe. Yesterday I noticed that the payment was done. So I found one 10 digit number from the transaction information page. Hope this is the one they were asking for and things will work out, because autumn training cycle starts on Monday and I really would like to get the Cycle Support a.s.a.p
  13. NutraPlanet Fanatic
    dsade's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2003
    Age
    44
    Posts
    21,518
    Rep Power
    831748
    Level
    86
    Lv. Percent
    75.73%
    Achievements Activity VeteranActivity ProActivity AuthorityPosting ProPosting Authority

    Quote Originally Posted by adampl2t View Post
    yes, I live in Europe. Yesterday I noticed that the payment was done. So I found one 10 digit number from the transaction information page. Hope this is the one they were asking for and things will work out, because autumn training cycle starts on Monday and I really would like to get the Cycle Support a.s.a.p
    For the record, they do this first time only. Next time you use the same payment method, you are already on file and verified.
    Evolutionary Muse - Inspire to Evolve
    BPS - Where Body meets Performance
    Flawless Skin Couture - We give you the tools to make you Flawless
  14. Anabolic Innovations Owner
    CROWLER's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2002
    Posts
    6,545
    Rep Power
    4831
    Level
    54
    Lv. Percent
    55.01%
    Achievements Activity ProPosting ProPosting Authority

    Glad everything worked out.

    If they were going to rip you off which they would NOT. A company already has your credit card info, no reason to ask for a scanned copy of anything.

    Nutra Planet has been in business, as far as I know, 7 years. I have personally met just about everyone who works there. GREAT people and I personally stand behind the owner, Sam, 1000 percent!


    CROWLER
    Sleep Supplement 3Z BCAA: Red Raspberry and Lemon flavors
    HGH/sleep enhancer: HGHpro
    Test Booster: TestoPRO and STOKED!
    Preworkout: MANIAC Fruit Punch and Pink Lemonade
  15. New Member
    adampl2t's Avatar
    Stats
    6'5"  216 lbs.
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Age
    28
    Posts
    56
    Rep Power
    107
    Level
    10
    Lv. Percent
    74.13%

    Good to know they are good to do business with. Just that alarm bell kicked in when I was asked to send my personal data, because the time I lost quite good amount of money (over 4000 usd) through www.mobile.de started exactly the same way. Glad not all are the same.




    Quote Originally Posted by CROWLER View Post
    Glad everything worked out.

    If they were going to rip you off which they would NOT. A company already has your credit card info, no reason to ask for a scanned copy of anything.

    Nutra Planet has been in business, as far as I know, 7 years. I have personally met just about everyone who works there. GREAT people and I personally stand behind the owner, Sam, 1000 percent!


    CROWLER
  16. New Member
    adampl2t's Avatar
    Stats
    6'5"  216 lbs.
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Age
    28
    Posts
    56
    Rep Power
    107
    Level
    10
    Lv. Percent
    74.13%

    Okay, everything turned out well. Order is in processing status and finally got them the right number. I overreacted, apologies
  17. Anabolic Innovations Owner
    CROWLER's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2002
    Posts
    6,545
    Rep Power
    4831
    Level
    54
    Lv. Percent
    55.01%
    Achievements Activity ProPosting ProPosting Authority

    Quote Originally Posted by adampl2t View Post
    Good to know they are good to do business with. Just that alarm bell kicked in when I was asked to send my personal data, because the time I lost quite good amount of money (over 4000 usd) through www.mobile.de started exactly the same way. Glad not all are the same.

    That is a lot of money and must have been very troubling.

    Glad to hear everything turned out just fine and that you came back to post about it.

    :bb3:


    CROWLER
    Sleep Supplement 3Z BCAA: Red Raspberry and Lemon flavors
    HGH/sleep enhancer: HGHpro
    Test Booster: TestoPRO and STOKED!
    Preworkout: MANIAC Fruit Punch and Pink Lemonade
  18. NutraPlanet NinjaMonkey Rep
    Steveoph's Avatar
    Stats
    6'0"   lbs.
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Posts
    12,522
    Rep Power
    41252
    Level
    67
    Lv. Percent
    41.39%
    Achievements Activity AuthorityActivity ProPosting ProPosting AuthorityPosting Veteran

    Quote Originally Posted by adampl2t View Post
    Okay, everything turned out well. Order is in processing status and finally got them the right number. I overreacted, apologies
    Your worries were on good grounds; it is always best to be cautious. I didn`t catch this until now, but the best place to post this thread is in our sub-forum (http://anabolicminds.com/forum/nutraplanet/ ) although considering you thought we might be a bit disreputable, I could see why you might not have posted it there lol.

    Like already mentioned, this is a first-time only verification for your security, and is often required on overseas accounts. Thank you for your patience and choosing NutraPlanet!
  19. Board Moderator
    Unbreakable
    David Dunn's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2003
    Age
    49
    Posts
    11,820
    Rep Power
    1317971

    Yeah, I missed that myself. I moved this to the NP forum for viewing by future customers who may find the security measures a bit troubling.
  20. New Member
    Flyboy's Avatar
    Stats
    6'0"  184lbs lbs.
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Posts
    442
    Rep Power
    304
    Level
    16
    Lv. Percent
    98.38%

    I had the same thing, except they never asked for a copy of anything. They just wanted the transaction number...

    Took a while and a couple of phone calls to the bank to figure out what it was they wanted, bank didn't have a clue lol.
  21. NP Supplement Pimp
    NutraPlanet CS's Avatar
    Stats
    5'8"  180 lbs.
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Posts
    2,061
    Rep Power
    136889
    Level
    37
    Lv. Percent
    28.92%
    Achievements Activity ProPosting Pro

    As the COO of NutraPlanet, I can personally confirm that this is only a one-time security measure, in order to help avoid credit card fraud. Just as you are afraid of fraudulence, we are here to protect people from fraudulence. In most cases, an easy way for customers to find the transaction ID is by viewing your online banking statement. Usually, it is a 6-digit number. This is ONLY for you and other's protection against fraud and once verified, you will be cleared on every future order that is associated with your personal account.

    Thanks for your patience and for choosing NutraPlanet!
    Nice Products, Nice Prices, Nice People, No Problems....NutraPlanet.com!....Welcome to our World!
  22. Banned
    poopypants's Avatar
    Stats
    5'10"  200 lbs.
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Age
    30
    Posts
    9,204
    Rep Power
    0
    Level
    60
    Lv. Percent
    68.85%
    Achievements Activity AuthorityActivity ProPosting ProPosting Authority

    glad to see everything turned out alright! I understand the legitamacy of the request for the verification number and even the back up of just a scan... my only worry would be sending that scan across an unsecure network or from an unsecure email, like it was stated NP already has your CC number and wouldnt gain from havnig scans as well but youd be giving a hacker something they didnt have before with those scans and thats where Id have a problem... I trust NP undoubtedly as they have erred in my favor a few times and when I offer to make right the overage they say no worries enjoy the extra product.

    Id def shop there any and every time... If this happened to me Id prob just pay via pay pal or somthin.
  23. New Member
    adampl2t's Avatar
    Stats
    6'5"  216 lbs.
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Age
    28
    Posts
    56
    Rep Power
    107
    Level
    10
    Lv. Percent
    74.13%

    Quote Originally Posted by Flyboy View Post
    I had the same thing, except they never asked for a copy of anything. They just wanted the transaction number...

    Took a while and a couple of phone calls to the bank to figure out what it was they wanted, bank didn't have a clue lol.


    My bank didn't also have a clue what number I was looking for and because the payment was still in "reserved" status, I had no transaction number or any other number. But after the payment was done from my account, the number was where it was supposed to be. Will definitely order some more. I don't know how it's in the states but here, in here in Europe frauds and scams are becoming so often that people tend to get very paranoid. For example on of my schoolmates from high-school days went on a business trip to England and when he came back, he got a 64 000 euro (~100 000 usd) mobile phone bill. He had used bluetooth in England and all data had been stolen at that time. With that data, some kind of virtual operator was set up and in 24h hundreds of calls were made to Ukraine and others East-Europe countries. I hope my doubts didn't offend anybody and as said before, will definitely order more in the future.
  24. New Member
    TruffleShuffle's Avatar
    Stats
    5'10"  162 lbs.
    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Age
    32
    Posts
    283
    Rep Power
    257
    Level
    14
    Lv. Percent
    57.68%

    I had this aswell the first time i ordered from NP (i am in the UK). I rung my bank, and got straight through to a well-spoken man in Delhi

    I just told him that i was purchasing something from the US and had been asked for the verication number as a security measure. I told him the rough amount of the purchase and he pulled it up on his screen and gave me the info i needed. Took all of 3 minutes.

    I can also confirm (having just made a second order) that I didnt have to go through this process again. In fact my order from NP shipped out on Friday and arrived here at 10am in the UK on Monday Morning!!!

    It got here sooner than an order i placed the day before (thursday) through a UK supplement site, which arrived 3 hours later in the day.
  25. Elite Member
    Zero V's Avatar
    Stats
    5'10"  163 lbs.
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Age
    28
    Posts
    6,286
    Rep Power
    7015
    Level
    52
    Lv. Percent
    27.53%
    Achievements Activity ProPosting ProPosting Authority

    All I know is I am currently the victim of Identity Theft....I wouldnt send crap, to anyone. Say the company is legit...like NP, yes.....but not all employees are legit.....Some bozo was using one of my CC numbers.....and trying to get car loans.....

    Beware, NP is awesome, but individuals may not.
  26. New Member
    adampl2t's Avatar
    Stats
    6'5"  216 lbs.
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Age
    28
    Posts
    56
    Rep Power
    107
    Level
    10
    Lv. Percent
    74.13%

    Okay, it's official: I live in a country that has the most idiotic laws The Cycle Support I ordered has been confiscated by the Postal Service because they suspect that I have ordered medicines (ordering medicines through internet is illegal). So now I have to declare to the State Agency of Medicines what exactly have I ordered. It should be taken into account that most of the workers there are complete idiots that have no idea what Nettle root or hawthorn berry means in our language. So I have to get official clearance from the Agency of Medicines and send it to the Postal Service Customs Department and also add the bill and pay the customs fee and VAT and THEN I can...IF I can...give it a go. I think my cycle will be over for that time. Aaarh...complete morons! F*****g Europe with it's idiotic laws
  27. Banned
    JayJo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Posts
    166
    Rep Power
    0
    Level
    11
    Lv. Percent
    35.69%

    Quote Originally Posted by adampl2t View Post
    Okay, it's official: I live in a country that has the most idiotic laws The Cycle Support I ordered has been confiscated by the Postal Service because they suspect that I have ordered medicines (ordering medicines through internet is illegal). So now I have to declare to the State Agency of Medicines what exactly have I ordered. It should be taken into account that most of the workers there are complete idiots that have no idea what Nettle root or hawthorn berry means in our language. So I have to get official clearance from the Agency of Medicines and send it to the Postal Service Customs Department and also add the bill and pay the customs fee and VAT and THEN I can...IF I can...give it a go. I think my cycle will be over for that time. Aaarh...complete morons! F*****g Europe with it's idiotic laws
    You live in Germany, right?
    I'm from Germany too and it's hard to get supps from the usa through costums.
    PM me, if you need some tips regarding ordering from the us .
  28. New Member
    adampl2t's Avatar
    Stats
    6'5"  216 lbs.
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Age
    28
    Posts
    56
    Rep Power
    107
    Level
    10
    Lv. Percent
    74.13%

    Quote Originally Posted by JayJo View Post
    You live in Germany, right?
    I'm from Germany too and it's hard to get supps from the usa through costums.
    PM me, if you need some tips regarding ordering from the us .

    I live in Estonia, but it seems that be both have similar idiots working in customs
  

  
 

Similar Forum Threads

  1. Suspicious Supp Logs...
    By rankbull in forum Supplements
    Replies: 29
    Last Post: 08-08-2010, 07:57 PM
  2. ZERO posts and suspicious Pm's
    By celc5 in forum Anabolics
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 01-03-2008, 08:11 PM
  3. Replies: 2
    Last Post: 07-26-2007, 02:38 PM
  4. Replies: 4
    Last Post: 02-10-2007, 09:31 AM
  5. theory behind "suspicious" workous in Flex/M&F
    By spatch in forum General Chat
    Replies: 16
    Last Post: 04-14-2006, 04:20 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
Log in
Log in