1. Senior Member
    Stats
    5'7"  243 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    12.45%
    Achievements Posting Pro

Getting accurate dosing with cap em quick

I just got mine and was wondering how you guys figure the correct amount of filler to use and how you guys get accurate dosing per capsule. is it just trial and error or is there a more scientific way to go about it?

2. NutraPlanet NinjaMonkey Rep
    Stats
    6'0"   lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    41.41%
    Achievements Activity AuthorityActivity ProPosting ProPosting AuthorityPosting Veteran

Definitely a more accurate way! First of all you're going to need a digital scale. The rough rule of thumb is figure 1/4 tsp per capsules, so 12.5 tsp for the whole batch of 50.

Next figure out the desired volume that you ingredients will take up. So if you want 200 mg/cap, and there's 50 caps, and the density if 1/4 tsp = 500mg, the way I calculate it is 0.2g * 50 Caps 10g. If 1/4 tsp = 500mg, that would be 5 tsp right there.

To give you an example, here is my roughwork for my last batch of caps;

300 mg/cap GTE. Total = 15g,
    Coleus. Goal = 80mg/day/20%= 400mg./3 = 6.67g
    GSE: 100mgx50= 5g
    Raspberry Ketones: 100mgx50= 5g

Volume: GSE= 8.33
    Coleus = 10.26
    GTE= 15/0.7 = 21.43
    RK: 5/0.4= 12.5

My volume calculations are a bit different because I just divide the mass of the ingredient by the density and make it all add up to 50 (capsules).
  3. Senior Member
    Stats
    5'7"  243 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    12.45%
    Achievements Posting Pro

Thanks for the reply! I have a digital scale and with the powder I use, I know the weight but not volume, but it's 99% pure roughly so that shouldn't be too hard to figure. I just had no idea how much filler to use with the 00 capsules. My first batch I was capping 1250 mgs to end up with 25mgs/cap and I way overestimated the amount of filler. Do you just mix with the filler and shake the hell out of it before capping or do you have any other tips/methods to help get an even distribution of ingredient between the caps?
    •   

4. NutraPlanet NinjaMonkey Rep
    Stats
    6'0"   lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    41.41%
    Achievements Activity AuthorityActivity ProPosting ProPosting AuthorityPosting Veteran

Quote Originally Posted by jarhead View Post
    Thanks for the reply! I have a digital scale and with the powder I use, I know the weight but not volume, but it's 99% pure roughly so that shouldn't be too hard to figure. I just had no idea how much filler to use with the 00 capsules. My first batch I was capping 1250 mgs to end up with 25mgs/cap and I way overestimated the amount of filler. Do you just mix with the filler and shake the hell out of it before capping or do you have any other tips/methods to help get an even distribution of ingredient between the caps?
    Easiest way is to put it into a small ziploc/rubbermaid plastic container, put the lid on tight and shake like crazy. If your powder has clumped, try and break it with a spoon first, or you can smush it in a ziploc baggie.
  5. Diamond Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    25.29%
    Achievements Activity ProActivity AuthorityPosting ProPosting AuthorityPosting Veteran

One challenge with capping (with cap em quick) is to figure out how to ensure each of the fifty capsules has the same amount of powder.
  6. NutraPlanet NinjaMonkey Rep
    Stats
    6'0"   lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    41.41%

Quote Originally Posted by strategicmove View Post
    One challenge with capping (with cap em quick) is to figure out how to ensure each of the fifty capsules has the same amount of powder.
    Very true. Before I learned my ziploc mixing trick, I had a few bad days when I think all my coleus clumped up in one or two capsules. I probably had 300-500mg of 20% at once lol.

Similar Forum Threads

1. Quick Epibolin Dosing Advice
    By swirvin1 in forum Anabolics
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 06-02-2012, 06:19 AM
  2. Quick Hdrol Dosing Question
    By JeffD in forum Anabolics
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 04-05-2009, 03:43 PM
  3. Quick Drive/RPM Dosing Question
    By hockeyroom28 in forum Supplements
    Replies: 9