What to take when you don't take stims?

  1. What to take when you don't take stims?


    I'm stim addict but I used to be able to take 1 or 2 days off a week, now I feel like death and can barely hold my eyes open without stims...

    Any I can take on those days off stim? I was thinking about Focus XT stim free but maybe you guys know about something else I can take to survive a day without stims?


  2. Nootropics are a solid option. You already mentioned stim-free FXT, which is a good option. You could always go with theacrine, which isn't subject to the same tolerance build up as caffeine, but I don't know if you want absolutely nothing that is stimulant-like at all. Adaptogens like rhodiola can also help to reduce fatigue. Noopept and/or racetams are another option too (preferably stacked with at least a choline source).
    Performax Labs Online Rep.
    Facebook.com/pmaxlabs
    www.PerformaxLabs.com
    •   
       


  3. Sometimes a 50mg caffeine pill is enough to take the edge off for me or switching to coffee. Itís a nice break from the heavy hitters.
    Hi-Tech Pharmaceuticals Representative
    ✯Use Code SWOLE30 to save an additional 30% OFF
    ✯APSNutrition✯ALRIndustries✯LG Sciences✯Innovative Labs✯
    ✯Hi-Tech✯FormutechNutrition✯IForce Nutrition✯

    Instagram @TheSwoleNurse - www.YouTube.com/TheSwoleNurse

  4. Quote Originally Posted by BBiceps View Post
    I'm stim addict but I used to be able to take 1 or 2 days off a week, now I feel like death and can barely hold my eyes open without stims...

    Any I can take on those days off stim? I was thinking about Focus XT stim free but maybe you guys know about something else I can take to survive a day without stims?
    Focus XT caff free is a great option. You can also add or separately try Noopept XT.

    For me, for a little "kick" beta alanine gives me the tingles which "feels" like stimulation and may be enough to trick your brain a little ha.

    Outside of those, good sleep (maybe try something like Growth factor XT to get better, deeper, more restful sleep and recovery), good diet (you could try changing either your calories or macro split), and maybe even a destress or cortisol supp like Reduce XT
    Serious Nutrition Solutions Product Rep - db77 @ seriousnutritionsolutions.com

  5. Quote Originally Posted by NurseGray View Post
    Sometimes a 50mg caffeine pill is enough to take the edge off for me or switching to coffee. It’s a nice break from the heavy hitters.
    Well, my heavy hitter is Adderall so 50mg of caffeine or a cup of coffee is not enough to wake me up...
    •   
       


  6. Quote Originally Posted by booneman77 View Post
    Focus XT caff free is a great option. You can also add or separately try Noopept XT.

    For me, for a little "kick" beta alanine gives me the tingles which "feels" like stimulation and may be enough to trick your brain a little ha.

    Outside of those, good sleep (maybe try something like Growth factor XT to get better, deeper, more restful sleep and recovery), good diet (you could try changing either your calories or macro split), and maybe even a destress or cortisol supp like Reduce XT
    Sleep is good (Growth Factor actually made me sleep worse anyway) and BA might not be enough to get me going, used cortisol products before and I'm not sure it did anything for my mood or wakefulness.

    I'm trying to cut down on my Adderall use, I'm using more now than I didn't before and I don't want to increase my dose, I felt I could control my dosing better when I did a few days off every week but now I can barely hold my eyes open when I'm not taking it...

  7. Quote Originally Posted by BBiceps View Post
    Sleep is good (Growth Factor actually made me sleep worse anyway) and BA might not be enough to get me going, used cortisol products before and I'm not sure it did anything for my mood or wakefulness.

    I'm trying to cut down on my Adderall use, I'm using more now than I didn't before and I don't want to increase my dose, I felt I could control my dosing better when I did a few days off every week but now I can barely hold my eyes open when I'm not taking it...
    You could always go with a -finil, but that may just be replacing one drug with another haha, although modafinil doesn't seem to be nearly as addicting as amphetamine.
    Performax Labs Online Rep.
    Facebook.com/pmaxlabs
    www.PerformaxLabs.com

  8. Quote Originally Posted by BBiceps View Post
    Sleep is good (Growth Factor actually made me sleep worse anyway) and BA might not be enough to get me going, used cortisol products before and I'm not sure it did anything for my mood or wakefulness.

    I'm trying to cut down on my Adderall use, I'm using more now than I didn't before and I don't want to increase my dose, I felt I could control my dosing better when I did a few days off every week but now I can barely hold my eyes open when I'm not taking it...
    Honestly it sounds like you have a legit issue if you cannot even function without it. Might just need to take a few days off and go through withdrawal and get your life together. Seriously, that's bad
    Serious Nutrition Solutions Product Rep - db77 @ seriousnutritionsolutions.com

  9. Quote Originally Posted by booneman77 View Post
    Honestly it sounds like you have a legit issue if you cannot even function without it. Might just need to take a few days off and go through withdrawal and get your life together. Seriously, that's bad
    Yeah, I'm planning on taking a few weeks off this winter when I'm on vacation but before that it's just not realistic to be without it with my lifestyle...

    I was thinking that something with choline could potentially help those days I take a day off but I haven't had too much experience with it, what do you think?

  10. Quote Originally Posted by muscleupcrohn View Post
    You could always go with a -finil, but that may just be replacing one drug with another haha, although modafinil doesn't seem to be nearly as addicting as amphetamine.
    Lol, the best would be to be able to take a few days off here and there without any drug...

  11. Quote Originally Posted by BBiceps View Post
    Yeah, I'm planning on taking a few weeks off this winter when I'm on vacation but before that it's just not realistic to be without it with my lifestyle...

    I was thinking that something with choline could potentially help those days I take a day off but I haven't had too much experience with it, what do you think?
    Quote Originally Posted by BBiceps View Post
    Lol, the best would be to be able to take a few days off here and there without any drug...
    A choline source, AChE inhibitor, and a racetam or Noopept would be a nice combination IMO. Perhaps also add some ALCAR, and some rhodiola. That should make for a pretty solid combo.
    Performax Labs Online Rep.
    Facebook.com/pmaxlabs
    www.PerformaxLabs.com

  12. Quote Originally Posted by muscleupcrohn View Post
    A choline source, AChE inhibitor, and a racetam or Noopept would be a nice combination IMO. Perhaps also add some ALCAR, and some rhodiola. That should make for a pretty solid combo.
    yep this... really tho, nothing is going to give you energy or keep you awake that doesn't have any stims tho so you're not actually solving the "cant keep my eyes open" portion without somehting stimulating...
    Serious Nutrition Solutions Product Rep - db77 @ seriousnutritionsolutions.com

  13. Quote Originally Posted by booneman77 View Post
    yep this... really tho, nothing is going to give you energy or keep you awake that doesn't have any stims tho so you're not actually solving the "cant keep my eyes open" portion without somehting stimulating...
    Rhodiola may help, as it does have a good bit of research in helping reduce fatigue, sleep deprivation, etc, but yeah, still not the same as actual stimulants. There is also probably at least a little mental aspect of this dependence too, besides anything physiological. Just the habit of consuming stimulants and the associations with them, what to expect from them, and what you think will happen without them, etc. Honestly, maybe even have some decaf coffee with your nootropics and adaptogens, maybe it'll help mentally.
    Performax Labs Online Rep.
    Facebook.com/pmaxlabs
    www.PerformaxLabs.com

  14. Rhodiola
    Panax Ginseng
    Sulbutiamine
    ALCAR
    The phenyl racetam. Forgot the name

    Adaptogensx10000. They will be your bffffff lol

  15. Quote Originally Posted by bigdavid View Post
    Rhodiola
    Panax Ginseng
    Sulbutiamine
    ALCAR
    The phenyl racetam. Forgot the name

    Adaptogensx10000. They will be your bffffff lol
    Phenylpiracetam. That does fit the bill of 1-2x per week, as tolerance builds fast with it.
    Performax Labs Online Rep.
    Facebook.com/pmaxlabs
    www.PerformaxLabs.com

  16. Quote Originally Posted by muscleupcrohn View Post
    Phenylpiracetam. That does fit the bill of 1-2x per week, as tolerance builds fast with it.
    Thatís the one. Yeah i lost effectiveness with only a week or so of daily dosing. It is great when you are naive though.

  17. Oh also worth mentioning. This is more general advice for those reading:

    Do not (And I repeat do not) do any oral PH/DS or even start a new sarm when you are going on a stim break. Even if you don’t usually get lethargy from a compound the timing together is a recipe for disaster.

    Edit: well timed short naps (20-30 mins) during the middle of the day can really help late day productivity when you are off stims... usually being on chronic stims messes with your sleep cycle so you'd likely go right into REM with these short naps.

  18. Also one of these babies can help: 30 mins or so first thing in the morning (about 12-18 inches from your face) helps to wake you up. 10-20 mins with the lamp further from your face (2-3x the distance) in the afternoon.

    Name:  Screen Shot 2017-09-27 at 12.28.36 AM.png
Views: 60
Size:  418.5 KB

    Just search "light lamp wakefulness" or some sort and you'll find a bunch of different types.

  19. Quote Originally Posted by booneman77 View Post
    Honestly it sounds like you have a legit issue if you cannot even function without it. Might just need to take a few days off and go through withdrawal and get your life together. Seriously, that's bad
    HA! I managed to go a whole day without Adderall and only had around 400 mg of caffeine, I didn't go to the gym though but I did work and trained a client. It might be hope for me after all

  20. I really enjoy ALCAR, Hup A, Alpha GPC and Tyrosine. I add them to my non stim pre workout.
    Performax Labs Product Specialist
    Follow My Journey: http://anabolicminds.com/forum/workout-logs/269588-antms-lean-bulk.html
  •   

      
     

Similar Forum Threads

  1. Is nolvadex okay to take when you're Diabetic?
    By mr.antourakis in forum Post Cycle Therapy
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 12-31-2014, 07:04 AM
  2. Is Nolvadex okay to take when you're Diabetic?
    By mr.antourakis in forum Anabolics
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 12-16-2014, 05:31 PM
  3. What to drink, when you wake up during sleep?
    By liquid in forum Supplements
    Replies: 11
    Last Post: 11-01-2008, 03:57 PM
  4. Replies: 7
    Last Post: 08-02-2007, 03:03 PM
  5. What to do when you pull a muscle while bulking?
    By San Quinn in forum Bulking
    Replies: 10
    Last Post: 09-29-2006, 05:54 PM
Log in
Log in