Choline Supplementation and Stacking Guide

Page 2 of 2 First 12

1. Quote Originally Posted by muscleupcrohn View Post
    Thanks. Piracetam can, and often is, dosed higher than 2.4g per day. That said, 2.4g has been found to be acutely effective in healing young volunteers, where 9.6g was not, and 2.4g also seemed superior to 4.8g. Another study using normal subjects used s daily dose of 4.8g, but split it into 3x4 400mg caps. It seems that I’d recommend 2.4g per serving, but also note that 4.8g/day may also be useful, perhaps by taking another serving of 2.4g. For other ingredients, look through the references I provided, they are based on the studies in healthy volunteers. Higher doses are sometimes used, but that doesn’t mean that they’re “better,” or are worth spending 2-3x the money for a much larger serving.
    4.8 grams seems to have more rapid onset and be more effective than 2.4 grams in adults.

Psychopharmacology (Berl). 1983;81(2):100-6.
    Piracetam in elderly psychiatric patients with mild diffuse cerebral impairment.

In a 12-week double-blind study, piracetam at two dose levels (2.4 and 4.8 g/day) was compared to placebo in the treatment of 60 elderly psychiatric patients with mild diffuse cerebral impairment, but no signs of focal brain lesion. The psychiatric illness, schizophrenia or affective disorder, of patients selected was in remission at the time of the study. Monthly evaluations by the nurse revealed that piracetam improved overall functioning, particularly alertness, socialization, and cooperation, relative to the control group. Patients treated with 2.4 g/day piracetam also showed significant improvement in scores for the full IQ and the memory quotient on the Wechsler Adult Intelligence and Memory Scales; greater response was seen in those with lower initial scores. Piracetam at 4.8 g/day had a more rapid onset of action on behavioral variables than 2.4 g/day,

Int Psychogeriatr 1994 Fall;6(2):155-70
    Drug therapy and memory training programs: a double-blind randomized trial of general practice patients with age-associated memory impairment.

A double-blind randomized trial was performed involving 162 patients with age-associated memory impairment (AAMI) selected and followed by their general practitioners. Two intervention methods--a drug and a cognitive therapy--were assessed in combination. Three randomized parallel groups of 54 patients each, aged 55 years and over, were followed and treated for 3 months. After a placebo wash-out period of 10 days, one group received 2.4 g of piracetam, another group, 4.8g, and the third, a placebo. A total of 135 patients, 45 in each group, completed the study. Combined therapy was most effective in patients whose baseline performance on memory tests was lowest. The best results were observed with 4.8 g of piracetam...

Neuropsychobiology 1993;28(4):212-21
    Single doses of piracetam affect 42-channel event-related potential microstate maps in a cognitive paradigm.

We examined whether a single administration of piracetam produces dose-dependent effects on brain functions in healthy young men. In 6 subjects, 42-channel event-related EEG potential maps (ERP) were recorded during a task requiring subjects to watch single digits presented in a pseudorandom order on a screen and to press a button after all triplets of three consecutive odd or even digits. The ERP maps to the three digits of the correctly detected triplets were analyzed in terms of their mapped ERP field configuration (landscape). Different landscapes of the maps indicate different configuration of the activated neural population and therefore reflect different functional microstates of the brain. In order to identify these microstates, adaptive segmentation of the map series based on their landscapes was done. Nineteen time segments were found. These segments were tested for direct effects on brain function of three single doses of piracetam (2.9, 4.8 or 9.6 g) and a placebo given double-blind in balanced order. Piracetam mainly affected the map landscape of the time segments following the triplet's last digit. U-shaped dose-dependent effects were found; they were strongest after 4.8 g piracetam.

2. Quote Originally Posted by chemiuser View Post
    4.8 grams seems to have more rapid onset and be more effective than 2.4 grams in adults.

Psychopharmacology (Berl). 1983;81(2):100-6.
    Piracetam in elderly psychiatric patients with mild diffuse cerebral impairment.

Chouinard G, Annable L, Ross-Chouinard A, Olivier M, Fontaine F.

In a 12-week double-blind study, piracetam at two dose levels (2.4 and 4.8 g/day) was compared to placebo in the treatment of 60 elderly psychiatric patients with mild diffuse cerebral impairment, but no signs of focal brain lesion. The psychiatric illness, schizophrenia or affective disorder, of patients selected was in remission at the time of the study. Monthly evaluations by the nurse revealed that piracetam improved overall functioning, particularly alertness, socialization, and cooperation, relative to the control group. Patients treated with 2.4 g/day piracetam also showed significant improvement in scores for the full IQ and the memory quotient on the Wechsler Adult Intelligence and Memory Scales; greater response was seen in those with lower initial scores. Piracetam at 4.8 g/day had a more rapid onset of action on behavioral variables than 2.4 g/day,

Int Psychogeriatr 1994 Fall;6(2):155-70
    Drug therapy and memory training programs: a double-blind randomized trial of general practice patients with age-associated memory impairment.

Israel L, Melac M, Milinkevitch D, Dubos G. Grenoble University Hospital, France.

A double-blind randomized trial was performed involving 162 patients with age-associated memory impairment (AAMI) selected and followed by their general practitioners. Two intervention methods--a drug and a cognitive therapy--were assessed in combination. Three randomized parallel groups of 54 patients each, aged 55 years and over, were followed and treated for 3 months. After a placebo wash-out period of 10 days, one group received 2.4 g of piracetam, another group, 4.8g, and the third, a placebo. A total of 135 patients, 45 in each group, completed the study. Combined therapy was most effective in patients whose baseline performance on memory tests was lowest. The best results were observed with 4.8 g of piracetam, especially when training sessions began after 6 weeks of drug treatment. This result was confirmed by the global impression of the principal investigator.
    My entire article was intended towards HEALTHY, non-elderly adults. You canít just extrapolate benefits from disease states models of cognitive decline. Improving cognition above baseline is very different at times that restoring it to baseline, as is observed in many elderly subjects and/or disease states.

Hereís the two studies I am referencing:

Single-dose piracetam effects on global complexity measures of human spontaneous multichannel EEG.
    After oral ingestion (1-1.5 h), both measures showed significant decreases from placebo to 2.4 g piracetam. In addition, Global Dimensional Complexity showed a significant return to placebo values at 9.6 g piracetam. The results indicate that a single dose of piracetam dose-dependently affects the spontaneous EEG in normal volunteers, showing effects at the lowest treatment level. The decreased EEG complexity is interpreted as increased cooperativity of brain functional processes.
    Name:  IMG_6969.jpg
Views: 25
Size:  72.8 KB
    https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/m/pubmed/10555876/

Increase in the power of human memory in normal man through the use of drugs.
    The subjects were given 3x4 capsules at 400 mg per day, in a double blind study. Each subject learned series of words presented as stimuli upon a memory drum. No effects were observed after 7 days but after 14 days verbal learning had significantly increased.
    https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/m/pubmed/826948/

4.8g/day is fine, but I would not recommend taking more than 2.4g in a single serving. Also, piracetam has had noted synergy, in rodent studies for now, with choline, so itís possible that you donít even need that much when youíre taking it with choline, and also maybe an AChE-I.
    Performax Labs Online Rep.
    Facebook.com/pmaxlabs
    www.PerformaxLabs.com
    •   

3. Quote Originally Posted by bigdavid View Post
    Ironically enough piracetam is the only currently available racetam that I havenít tried...idk why most sites in the US carry every other one but piracetam. Maybe itís easier to get in Europe or Iím not looking at the right places.
    Itís fairly easy to find here in the US.
    Facebook.com/pmaxlabs
    www.PerformaxLabs.com

4. Quote Originally Posted by muscleupcrohn View Post
    Itís fairly easy to find here in the US.
    I usually get my compounds from 3 reputable sites dedicated to nootropics and none of them carry piracetam. Iíve seen it sold elsewhere but the price tag was higher than Iíd want to spend. Maybes thatís why these companies didnít carry it, too much overhead?

5. I've seen it for $20 for 800 mg 120 caps. I like it because of all the research on it but waiting to try out ani and oxi racetam before I go back on it. I definitely notice a difference when I take 4.8 grams a day.
    •   

6. Choline Supplementation and Stacking Guide

Quote Originally Posted by bigdavid View Post
    I usually get my compounds from 3 reputable sites dedicated to nootropics and none of them carry piracetam. Iíve seen it sold elsewhere but the price tag was higher than Iíd want to spend. Maybes thatís why these companies didnít carry it, too much overhead?
    I know of one reputable site that sells the powder for what comes out to $5.75/month for 2.4g/day, or caps for $15/month at 2.4g/day.
    Facebook.com/pmaxlabs
    www.PerformaxLabs.com
  •   

Similar Forum Threads

1. Replies: 19
    Last Post: 09-12-2016, 12:53 PM
  2. Replies: 6
    Last Post: 01-27-2016, 11:11 AM
  3. Replies: 0
    Last Post: 03-08-2011, 03:02 AM
  4. Overclocking FAQ and N00b Guides?