Nootropics/Supplements for Essential Tremor

jarrellt67

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Does anyone else on here have (or know of someone with) this condition and if so, know of any good herbs/supplements that might help?

rascal14

rascal14

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
Does anyone else on here have (or know of someone with) this condition and if so, know of any good herbs/supplements that might help?
This may me something you should consult your doctor on.

jarrellt67

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
This may me something you should consult your doctor on.
I did. He says I'll eventually need to be put on a beta blocker (like my mom and older brother) but he recommended I wait as long as possible before starting it (mine isn't nearly as bad as theirs). He recommended at least 400 mg magnesium daily (spread throughout the day). He also recommended I avoid all stimulating substances (even small amounts of coffee). I asked about other herbs/supplements and he admitted to not knowing much about herbs. I just found out today about having essential tremor (which explains my anxiety issues, shaky hand, voice tremors and over-reaction to stimulants). So, I haven't had a lot of time to look into more mild treatment options (he said it is progressive and I'll eventually need beta blockers).