Noopept question

halljo

halljo

Awards
Is there any issues taking Noopept with a preworkout? Looking for something to keep me focus in the gym and was wondering if stims counter or accentuate Noopept (Looking at SNS version - XT)?

ELROCK

ELROCK

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
No reason you can't add it to your pre-workout. It will bring extra focus to the workout.

muscleupcrohn

muscleupcrohn

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Shouldn't be an issue, and as elrock mentioned, could help in the focus department.

There's also a Russian study that found:
Noopept, affecting positively a psychological component of the functional state, can be used for rapid adaptation to both cold and hot climate. In the hot climate, noopept also enhanced the physical work capacity.
https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/m/pubmed/18318195/
That may not be that relevant here, but it helps show that it's not counterproductive in the context of a pre-workout.

Afi140

Afi140

Legend
Awards
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Established
I actually use it pre wo also...nothing like the extra focus. Definitely one of my favorite ingredients
This without a doubt.

jgntyce

jgntyce

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
As others have already stated, there is no problem using it with your pre workout. Better focus leads to better workouts, which leads to better gains...

bosskardo

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Quite a lot of companies have also started adding noopept to their PWOs.

jimmyjusa

jimmyjusa

Awards
  • Established
What are the expected effects of noopept? I've taken 10-30mg and not felt anything

halljo

halljo

Awards
What are the expected effects of noopept? I've taken 10-30mg and not felt anything
Same here. Nothing! Was hoping for a little extra focus when in the gym but from 10 to 30mg, nada for me. Going to try 40 for the next few days, if nothing still, I'll have to try something else.

jimmyjusa

jimmyjusa

Awards
  • Established
Same here. Nothing! Was hoping for a little extra focus when in the gym but from 10 to 30mg, nada for me. Going to try 40 for the next few days, if nothing still, I'll have to try something else.
Yeah, ive tried adding to pwo as well as by itself to try to see effects, but nothing. It's the first noot I've tried so nothing to compare it to

carguy123

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
Oral noopept never really did much for me unless it was dosed pretty high (north of 50mg). However was recently recommended trying nasal noopept spray and it works amazingly. Few sprays plus some choline and it hits real nice.

horizons

horizons

Awards
  • Established
On your tongue is the best

But I hate noopept because it makes me into a forgetful robot lol

jarrellt67

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Oral noopept never really did much for me unless it was dosed pretty high (north of 50mg). However was recently recommended trying nasal noopept spray and it works amazingly. Few sprays plus some choline and it hits real nice.
Same experience here with oral noopept. However, sublingual at just 10 mg is very noticeable.

BRUstrong

BRUstrong

Awards
  • Established
I took one of the accidental double dosed samples of Bloodshot and holy sh*t was I flying. Of course, that was a solid 120mg of noopept (along with 400mg caffeine and 240mg of 1,3 and 1,4 DMAA). I feel lucky to still be alive.

jimmyjusa

jimmyjusa

Awards
  • Established
Same experience here with oral noopept. However, sublingual at just 10 mg is very noticeable.
I wonder if the product I got us bad or if I just don't respond to it. I've tried swallowing it, under tongue, swishing in mouth, between lip and gum. All between 10 and 40 mg and no felt reactions

jimmyjusa

jimmyjusa

Awards
  • Established
I took one of the accidental double dosed samples of Bloodshot and holy sh*t was I flying. Of course, that was a solid 120mg of noopept (along with 400mg caffeine and 240mg of 1,3 and 1,4 DMAA). I feel lucky to still be alive.
That is an insane dose of stims! So I guess that means it should have been 60mg of noopept? I think that's already double the recommended dose from what I've read.

jarrellt67

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
I wonder if the product I got us bad or if I just don't respond to it. I've tried swallowing it, under tongue, swishing in mouth, between lip and gum. All between 10 and 40 mg and no felt reactions
Yeah, sounds like you may just not respond to noopept for whatever reason. There have been MANY supplements/nootropics that I either didn't respond to or that I had a response that was the opposite of what most people experience.

carguy123

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
The only thing I would suggest trying is taking some from of choline around the time you are using noopept. That has seemed to highten the effects of noopept for me personally.

Yeah, sounds like you may just not respond to noopept for whatever reason. There have been MANY supplements/nootropics that I either didn't respond to or that I had a response that was the opposite of what most people experience.
Yup thats my experience also. Very much a trial and error with noots

BRUstrong

BRUstrong

Awards
  • Established
That is an insane dose of stims! So I guess that means it should have been 60mg of noopept? I think that's already double the recommended dose from what I've read.
Yea, they've come under fire from a lot of people on the boards about the amount of stims and noopept in the normal recommended dose. Then the manufacturer screwed up and included a double-sized scoop in the first batch. The company has been handling it well from a consumer service standpoint, but it was certainly a dangerous mistake.

yotreeman

yotreeman

Awards
Just started doing this myself. Definitely gives me an added edge, even on top of DMAA. Much, much more focused on getting each rep and set done than usual - a good PWO like the one I'm using can frequently make me kind of distracted.

Pec.Major

Awards
  • Established
noopept makes me very sleepy
Yeah me too. Took it sublingual at 5-10mg and had to go to bed for 2-3hours in the middle of the day. First time I tried it, I have not experienced more with it after that. Maybe I should...

kisaj

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
noopept makes me very sleepy
How much are you taking? 10mg makes me very alert and there isn't another noot similar in that manner other than maybe ALCAR, but that is more of an overall body energy. However, if I go more than that, then I do get groggy. 30mg will make me foggy.

Pec.Major

Awards
  • Established
How much are you taking? 10mg makes me very alert and there isn't another noot similar in that manner other than maybe ALCAR, but that is more of an overall body energy. However, if I go more than that, then I do get groggy. 30mg will make me foggy.
Do you dose noopept everyday or just in your pre workout drink? What kind of benefits do you see beside alertness?

kisaj

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
I use it everyday, not for a pre-workout. Benefits I see are improved recall time, mental alertness, and decreased reaction time when switching between tasks.

jimmyjusa

jimmyjusa

Awards
  • Established
I wish it worked for me, only effect I get no matter the dose has been a headache

chemiuser

Awards
I like noopept but i don't notice anything at 20 more like 40 mg. 60 mg I feel too speedy and overstimed but less so than pea type stims. There's probably a wide dose range similar to piracetam. I mean piracetam has been studied from 2.4-9.6 grams in healthy adults. I don't notice much at 2.4 but at 4.8 or more it's pronounced especially after a few days. I think which many nootropics you just have to go higher until you feel an effect within some reason if there's any safety issues.

horizons

horizons

Awards
  • Established
I like noopept but i don't notice anything at 20 more like 40 mg. 60 mg I feel too speedy and overstimed but less so than pea type stims. There's probably a wide dose range similar to piracetam. I mean piracetam has been studied from 2.4-9.6 grams in healthy adults. I don't notice much at 2.4 but at 4.8 or more it's pronounced especially after a few days. I think which many nootropics you just have to go higher until you feel an effect within some reason if there's any safety issues.
60mg would make me super irritable and sleepy

chemiuser

Awards
60mg would make me super irritable and sleepy
Weird I wonder why. Maybe low in ACh? Are you taking gpc or cdp? They seem to help when some people encounter any sides from racetams or noopept.

horizons

horizons

Awards
  • Established
Weird I wonder why. Maybe low in ACh? Are you taking gpc or cdp? They seem to help when some people encounter any sides from racetams or noopept.
Noopept was not that great to me. Made me extremely numb to emotions, robotic, had bad short term memory loss etc

And tried it with CDP

chemiuser

Awards
Interesting. I wonder if it was the effect on your NDMA receptor or nicotine receptor or both that didn't work with your neurochem. Do you react with nicotine or NDMA or D-Aspartate in a similar way?

horizons

horizons

Awards
  • Established
Interesting. I wonder if it was the effect on your NDMA receptor or nicotine receptor or both that didn't work with your neurochem. Do you react with nicotine or NDMA or D-Aspartate in a similar way?
Not sure never smoked a cigarette in my life lol any other noot I am ok with