Aniracetam or Bacopa for Memory Improvements

stan08

Awards
Fellow noot users, based on your experience and/or research, which is more effective for longterm use for memory improvements? From what I've found so far bacopa seems to have more studies backing it up but aniracetam seems to have more positive anecdotal reports.

muscleupcrohn

muscleupcrohn

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Fellow noot users, based on your experience and/or research, which is more effective for longterm use for memory improvements? From what I've found so far bacopa seems to have more studies backing it up but aniracetam seems to have more positive anecdotal reports.
For memory, I'd give the nod to bacopa, while aniracetam seems to have the edge in reducing anxiety and promoting social interaction. If you're looking to improve memory for, say a written exam, I'd give the edge to bacopa, but if you're looking for something to help you when you're giving speeches or having discussions/meetings, then perhaps aniracetam could indirectly help memory and recall, and help you speak fluidly and confidently, IMO. I'd say that Noopept and/or piracetam are better for "memory" than aniracetam, but aniracetam is more of a "social" racetam, if that makes any sense. kisaj is pretty well versed with aniracetam as well.

stan08

Awards
For memory, I'd give the nod to bacopa, while aniracetam seems to have the edge in reducing anxiety and promoting social interaction. If you're looking to improve memory for, say a written exam, I'd give the edge to bacopa, but if you're looking for something to help you when you're giving speeches or having discussions/meetings, then perhaps aniracetam could indirectly help memory and recall, and help you speak fluidly and confidently, IMO. I'd say that Noopept and/or piracetam are better for "memory" than aniracetam, but aniracetam is more of a "social" racetam, if that makes any sense. kisaj is pretty well versed with aniracetam as well.
What kind of dose we looking at for bacopa? Do higher doses like around 300 mg of baccosides have a better effect or dose it have more of a bell shaped curve in terms of response with larger doses not working as well? I thought I read something like that somewhere but can't find it right now.

The social aspect of aniracetam sounds good. I know my significant other would appreciate that since I'm usually not motivated or in the mood to be around others most of the time and when I am, I don't do much talking or interacting with them. I often have people say I'm very antisocial, especially since I never leave my office at work to even talk to others. Do I have to take a choline source with that? I read some people on other forums don't take choline and don't get headaches or anything. In fact, some even mention choline making them feel worse by increasing depression or something.

I appreciate you taking the time to respond and share your knowledge. I often refer to your posts to try and learn about all these supplements/noots.

kisaj

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
It would depend on what you consider memory improvement. Are you referring to existing memory or to the ability to absorb and retain new information/memories? I would consider Aniracetam weak for new memory creation, but very strong for existing memory recall and compartmentalization. Which leads to the question, is it a potent anxiolytic because of the ability to improve speech fluidity, memory recall, and thought compartmentalization- thereby increasing confidence in social situations. Or are the anxiolytic properties aiding in the improvements?

stan08

Awards
It would depend on what you consider memory improvement. Are you referring to existing memory or to the ability to absorb and retain new information/memories? I would consider Aniracetam weak for new memory creation, but very strong for existing memory recall and compartmentalization. Which leads to the question, is it a potent anxiolytic because of the ability to improve speech fluidity, memory recall, and thought compartmentalization- thereby increasing confidence in social situations. Or are the anxiolytic properties aiding in the improvements?
I'm referring to both existing and absorbing new memories. My significant other often teases me about how bad my memory is from not remembering anything from when I was a child to forgetting why I had just walked into a room. Its both amusing and annoying. If aniracetam can at least help me remember past memories that would be a step in the right direction. Is there anything that can help with both or that I can take with aniracetam to help with new memory creation? The last two questions of your response are something to think about. Maybe the 2 hours of sleep I got last night is fogging my mind but I feel like its one of those "if a tree falls in a forest and no ones around to hear it" type of questions.

kisaj

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Yes, I would add in a choline source, preferably CDP or alpha GPC and fats with it. Also, it goes without say that nothing impacts memory more than lack of sleep so you can add in anything you want, but if you aren't sleeping right, it isn't going to do much.

stan08

Awards
Yes, I would add in a choline source, preferably CDP or alpha GPC and fats with it. Also, it goes without say that nothing impacts memory more than lack of sleep so you can add in anything you want, but if you aren't sleeping right, it isn't going to do much.
Normally sleep fine but kids kept waking me up cause of the storms last night. Will add some choline too. Thank you.

FireRescue

Awards
  • Established
I am looking to put something together for an older friend who asked for some help with recall and memory. He is slightly introverted so perhaps Aniracetam would be a good option along with AlphaGPC.

I have seen it mentioned a couple times about the fat source. So taking Aniracetam, AlphaGPC, and some fish oil on an empty stomach would be be the best option?

Also, I don't think he is one to like multiple pills. Is there a decent option available for an all in one product? I haven't really been able to find anything too interesting.