New Year's Resolution Encouragement Thread by NLA Performance

NLAFounder

NLAFounder

Board Sponsor
Awards
AM members,

For the short time we have been on AM in 2012, NLA Performance has experienced and is continuing to experience a huge boost in exposure and sales. Your community is very knowledgeable and above all FUN to be apart of! I cannot wait to see what success 2013 brings NLA Performance with the support of Anabolic Minds!

We started this thread for you to post your New Year's Resolution and a little bit about yourself so that we can all encourage and offer help to each other on our quests to stay true to our resolutions! Whether you plan to stop eating junk food, to bench press 200 pounds, to stop drinking alcohol, or to spend more time with your family, Post your resolution here and let NLA Performance and the rest of the AM community offer words of encouragement on your quest!

I will start off with my resolutions for 2013:

I, Justin, want to:
A) adopt a gluten-free diet
B) To increase my max lifts 100 lbs (current bench is 365, current dead lift is 500, current squat is 455)
C) To spend at least 1 hour extra each day focusing on customer outreach whether it be through AM, Twitter, Facebook, BB.com, or going to gyms/nutrition stores to give out samples of our products.

What is your New Year's Resolution?

msrider

msrider

Awards
Subbed! It is that time again Bro, Here is my 2013 new years resolution:
1.) I want to be a better father and Husband to my Wife and 3 children than I was in 2012!
2.) I am currently 232 lbs, 1 year from today I want to be 260 lbs of mussle!
3.) Also I want to be the best rep for NLA I can be, by helping ppl make the proper supplimentation geared to helping them achieve there fitness goals, and helping the NLA name grow.
4.) Help all my AM Brothers and Sisters achieve there dreams.

Can't Wait to Reach all these goals! Now its time to Sacrifise!

R3ACTION

R3ACTION

Awards
1: To be a better representation of Christ in my daily life.

2: To finally get to 250.

3: Figure out what I want to be when I grow up.

jimbuick

jimbuick

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
1.) Hoping to put on 10-15 solid pounds this year and get up to 175-180. This will get me close to my end goal as far as weight goes.

2.) Increase overall athleticism, I need to be faster, stronger, and more agile than I am now.

3.) Start taking college courses to hopefully get my degree before my ETS date.

4.) Reclass so I have more time for my family and my education.

Mack411

Mack411

Awards
1)To hopefully start in physique competitions.

2)Get my weight up to 190 then do my first full cut!

3)Hit my goal of a 405 bench!

4)To just be a better person than i was the day before.Especially as a husband and father.

thebigt

thebigt

Legend
Awards
  • Best Answer
  • The BigT Award
  • Established
  • Legend!
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
wow....i don't know where to start. so many things i want to do:

1. volunteer time at V.A hospital in honor of my late father in law
2. spend more time with grandkids
3. take my wife on that cruise we have been talking about
4. i have been thinking about volunteering at a outreach program for alcohol/drug problems...this is something i have thought about for a long time, maybe this is the year i get it done

power205

power205

NLA Performance Athlete
Awards
My resolutions for 2013:

I, Jon, want to:
A) Have my 2 clubs be know as Best Training facilities in my City!!!
B) To get back on platform the power i had before i was injured!!
C) To help my friends reach their fitness goals by pushing them passes their limits because here at NLA we are NO LIMIT Athletes!!!
D) Get my national records back, which is an extension of goal B above!!
E) Help NLA grow to best supp company on planet.. TO research, test, and develop product with them to help you guys become the best you can !!!

NLA is Team POWER & inTENsity approved

What is your New Year's Resolution?

Lukef2000

Lukef2000

Awards
Hell yeah your in! Oh I forgot one of my resolutions, to live in Australia like luke durring winter time ;)
Haha so you like 105 degree heat for a winter lol!

My new years resolution is

1) get married in August as dates are set :)

2) get to my goal of 195lb at sub 10%

3) increase my athleticism as I have entered into the tough mudder in jan 2014 and my cardio is non existent.

Danb2285

Danb2285

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
1) I'd love to be able to FULLY commit to a cut and get down to the 10-12% BF and 200# range and not bail on it once strength starts to decline a little.

2) hit my 405 bench goal

So many more I can't think of.....be a better golfer lol

msrider

msrider

Awards
wow....i don't know where to start. so many things i want to do:

1. volunteer time at V.A hospital in honor of my late father in law
2. spend more time with grandkids
3. take my wife on that cruise we have been talking about
4. i have been thinking about volunteering at a outreach program for alcohol/drug problems...this is something i have thought about for a long time, maybe this is the year i get it done
You are truly a great Person, no matter what things we've done in our past it will never define who we are now. Vollunteering at an outreach program is a great thing. Even if ppl don't change when your helping them they still remember later in life and you could possibly change a life.

technique88

technique88

Awards
1) reach my target weight of 245lb with a BF of 15% by this summer.

2) get accepted to veterinary school

msrider

msrider

Awards
Haha so you like 105 degree heat for a winter lol!

My new years resolution is

1) get married in August as dates are set :)

2) get to my goal of 195lb at sub 10%

3) increase my athleticism as I have entered into the tough mudder in jan 2014 and my cardio is non existent.
Well Bro! Replying towards resolution #1 Nice knowing ya ;) JK happy for ya bro! That goal should be the easiest but the most exspensive haha

WayneD

WayneD

Awards
My resolution for 2013 will be a continuation of 2012's. I lost 55lbs in 2012 doing HIIT and eating right. I'm 245 now and want get to 220 and under 10% BF, which is where I was when I retired afer 22 years from the US Army 6 years ago. At 46 it is definitely tougher but that's the fun part. Also to compete in Spartan series and a few other endurance events.

msrider

msrider

Awards
My resolution for 2013 will be a continuation of 2012's. I lost 55lbs in 2012 doing HIIT and eating right. I'm 245 now and want get to 220 and under 10% BF, which is where I was when I retired afer 22 years from the US Army 6 years ago. At 46 it is definitely tougher but that's the fun part. Also to compete in Spartan series and a few other endurance events.
Great Job on your results from last year, you will get there Wayne! Keep pushing Bro!

thebigt

thebigt

Legend
Awards
  • Best Answer
  • The BigT Award
  • Established
  • Legend!
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
i am pulling for you...it gets tougher as we get older, but you CAN do it!!!

NLAFounder

NLAFounder

Board Sponsor
Awards
So an update on how everything is going with sticking to my resolution. My diet has been on point so far. I have been eating a ton of eggs, chicken, fish. I have been slamming down vegetables to get my carbs. I have only been on a gluten-free diet for two days so I do not feel that much more energized. I have been scouring across the web trying to make myself available to customers and potential customers with questions and concerns about NLA Performance. Last night I went into the gym and did 5 sets of 4 reps of 315 on bench press. I want to be a 465 pound bench presser by next New Years. Today is Deadlift and front squat day....I can't wait!

One final thing not to sound like a spammer but today is the last day of our 20% off Holiday sale on our website www.nlaperformance.com. Check it out and enter discount code 'xmas20' to receive 20% off your order.

Happy 2013! Let's all get straight other worldly buff this year!

NLAFounder

NLAFounder

Board Sponsor
Awards
Did this cardio workout this morning. **I did this cardio to increase speed, explosiveness, and to burn calories all while preserving as much muscle mass as possible**

From NLA Performance Co-Founder and former collegiate Track and Field athlete Justin Matoesian:

Here is our Cardio workout for January 2, 2013:

-15 minute jog on flat to slight incline/decline
-5 60 meter hill sprints (2 minute rest between each sprint)
-Stadium stair circuit. Repeat the circuit 2 times with 5 minutes rest in between circuits
**Each set equals 1 full climb up of the stadium stairs you are running**
Set 1: Single step (focus on quick feet and popping off the balls of your feet)
Set 2: Skip a step
Set 3: single step right foot only
Set 4: single step left foot only
Set 5: skip a step
Set 6: single step
-Finish with 800 meter or 5 minute very light jog

**Also stretch after you finish your workout and drink a serving of our lean post-workout recovery protein RECOVER-D to increase recovery time and prevent lactic acid build-up and soreness**

msrider

msrider

Awards
Did this cardio workout this morning. **I did this cardio to increase speed, explosiveness, and to burn calories all while preserving as much muscle mass as possible**

From NLA Performance Co-Founder and former collegiate Track and Field athlete Justin Matoesian:

Here is our Cardio workout for January 2, 2013:

-15 minute jog on flat to slight incline/decline
-5 60 meter hill sprints (2 minute rest between each sprint)
-Stadium stair circuit. Repeat the circuit 2 times with 5 minutes rest in between circuits
**Each set equals 1 full climb up of the stadium stairs you are running**
Set 1: Single step (focus on quick feet and popping off the balls of your feet)
Set 2: Skip a step
Set 3: single step right foot only
Set 4: single step left foot only
Set 5: skip a step
Set 6: single step
-Finish with 800 meter or 5 minute very light jog

**Also stretch after you finish your workout and drink a serving of our lean post-workout recovery protein RECOVER-D to increase recovery time and prevent lactic acid build-up and soreness**
Great workout Bro!

WayneD

WayneD

Awards
Like the sounds of that workout. I'm doing HIIT M-W-F 5:30am and abs & crossfit weight traing T-TH 6am. Cardio on Saturday. I think I'm going try Paleo and see what kind of results I get