1. Banned
    Stats
    5'9"  195 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    71.09%
    Achievements Activity ProPosting Pro

POSEIDON Review

Well there seem to be no shortage of reviews to this product, but I'll add to the fray..

Colden was kind enough to gift a bottle to me so I could use it specifically in my pre-onstage shake for a bodybuilding show. I received the tub 5 days prior to the show, so I had to jump in to full usage to make sure my body would adapt by show day -- didn't want to chance having any unforseen issues for "the big day" due to the Magnesium content. I tell ya, it was a good thing I did too..

Initial Reactions
    Jumped right in with 2 scoops immediately upon receipt (6pm), and took another scoop that night. Immediately got the Niacin-flush going on, I mean in a huge way, more than I ever have prior. While this bothers some, I've always kinda liked this feeling; this intensity did border on the uncomfortable tho. While I continued to get these flush-like responses all thruout usage, at no point was it as intense as this very first dose.
    I was warned by Colden about initial stomach issues, and this proved to be dead on. Wasn't so much discomfort (tho there was a little) as much as heavy & loose bowel movements. Again, this was pretty much limited to the first dosing, tapering off thru the next day and gone by the third day.

Effect
    My sole purpose in trying this product was for performance & energy enhancement for the stage. I will have to say that there was definitely something to this. I added this to my P-Slin shake both before pre-judging and for my nighttime routine, and man, energy levels were off the hook! I definitely felt a synergism going on, and there's no doubt the Poseidon matrix helped absorbability. No problems with bloating or anything, and no stomach issues or the like at all.

Post Competition Usage
    I jumped right back into training the Monday following the show, and came off pretty much all supps with exception of P-Slin, Anabolic Pump, creatine & EAA's. So I used Poseidon in my pre & intra w/o creatine/EAA shakes, and there was increased performance and energy in my workouts. I mean, I was in a very anabolic state at this point I realize, but my performance in switching to a heavy, powerlifting routine for clean bulking purposes was pretty amazing, strength awesome, energy enhanced & stable thruout - and this was with no stims. In the 3 heavy lower body workouts I've had since starting this routine (I do a lower/upper split right now, and alternate heavy & lighter days within these), I've added 20 lbs. each to my working squat weight/deadlift/calf raise, and 10 lbs. to my leg curl! And again, the energy w/ no stims is where I feel the most benefit has been gained.

Conclusion
    There's no doubting the importance of mineral intake in relation to performance & absorption of other things by the body. This was my first experience in using a product of this magnitutde, and I will continue to use Poseidon as I feel it just enhances everything else I use in addition to getting my body in positive mineral balance.

2. Elite Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    57.56%
    Achievements Activity ProActivity AuthorityActivity VeteranPosting ProPosting Authority

Very nice review! Glad you got some and really enjoyed it

I love the niacin flush...i think almost too much
    PES Representative
    Don't miss out on the next deal:
    http://pescience.com/insider
    Protein Backed by Science: http://selectprotein.com
  3. New Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    66.98%

Great review. I am always keen to see how people use Poseidon and the benefits they receive - it's certainly a very versatile supplement and has a great many uses. Would be keen to hear more about how it works for you pre/intra/post workout as I am doing a few of my own experiments in regard to this ( comparing benefits of Poseidon, Poseidon + simple carbs and Poseidon + simple carbs + EAA / Vendetta).

And yeah, 2 scoops of Poseidon straight up will certainly give you a good flush. Gotta love it!
    •   

4. Board Sponsor
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    39.93%

Try a couple scoops of Poseidon-BA. Not only do you get the niacin flush but also the BA tingles. It's an interesting experience to say the least.
  5. Banned
    Stats
    5'9"  195 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    71.09%

Quote Originally Posted by rubberchicken View Post
    Great review. I am always keen to see how people use Poseidon and the benefits they receive - it's certainly a very versatile supplement and has a great many uses. Would be keen to hear more about how it works for you pre/intra/post workout as I am doing a few of my own experiments in regard to this ( comparing benefits of Poseidon, Poseidon + simple carbs and Poseidon + simple carbs + EAA / Vendetta).

And yeah, 2 scoops of Poseidon straight up will certainly give you a good flush. Gotta love it!
    yep, the niacin flush is cool - I like looking like an angry red man!
    I should clarify, my pre/intra shake is comprised of EAAs & creatine in a simple sugar mix, along with 2 scoops of Poseidon. I start sipping before w/o, do a 5-minute light cardio to get the blood flowing, then sip the rest thruout training. I spread my other 3-4 servings thruout the day in single scoops.
  6. New Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    66.98%

Quote Originally Posted by snagency View Post
    yep, the niacin flush is cool - I like looking like an angry red man!
    I should clarify, my pre/intra shake is comprised of EAAs & creatine in a simple sugar mix, along with 2 scoops of Poseidon. I start sipping before w/o, do a 5-minute light cardio to get the blood flowing, then sip the rest thruout training. I spread my other 3-4 servings thruout the day in single scoops.
    That's interesting. I don't run creatine at the moment but I have had great success with Poseidon or Blast + Gatorade powder pre and intra workout ( looking for a budget option ).

The best option I have found so far however is 1x Poseidon plus 1 scoop Vendetta (2/3 serve ) pre and 1x Poseidon + half scoop Vendetta ( 1/3 serve ) sipped intra. Basically the same as your EAA's and simple sugars. I may pick up some creatine and throw it in the mix and see how that goes.

Cheers
  7. Idiot Savant
    Stats
    5'9"  190 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    91.89%
    Achievements Activity ProActivity AuthorityPosting ProPosting AuthorityPosting Veteran

Great review snagency!! Nice to see Poseidon's effects in a true bodybuilders world.
    ~ Nothing can kill the Grimace!!

8. Banned
    Stats
    5'9"  195 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    71.09%

That's interesting. I don't run creatine at the moment but I have had great success with Poseidon or Blast + Gatorade powder pre and intra workout ( looking for a budget option ).

The best option I have found so far however is 1x Poseidon plus 1 scoop Vendetta (2/3 serve ) pre and 1x Poseidon + half scoop Vendetta ( 1/3 serve ) sipped intra. Basically the same as your EAA's and simple sugars. I may pick up some creatine and throw it in the mix and see how that goes.

Cheers
    I love creatine pre/intra/post w/o; during precontest training I'll run 20g mono in my shakes during this timeframe.
    The Vendetta is very similar to my mix, looks like a great option.
  9. Banned
    Stats
    5'9"  195 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    71.09%

Quote Originally Posted by prld2gr8ns View Post
    Great review snagency!! Nice to see Poseidon's effects in a true bodybuilders world.
    The pleasure was all mine there Grimace!
    I love to see products that can truly make a difference, ones you can feel and quantify. I've been a little jaded with the supp industry until recently, so seeing some new things is pretty cool..
  10. Idiot Savant
    Stats
    5'9"  190 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    91.89%
    Achievements Activity ProActivity AuthorityPosting ProPosting AuthorityPosting Veteran

Quote Originally Posted by snagency View Post
    The pleasure was all mine there Grimace!
    I love to see products that can truly make a difference, ones you can feel and quantify. I've been a little jaded with the supp industry until recently, so seeing some new things is pretty cool..
    Happy to make effective products for you my friend.

11. NutraPlanet NinjaMonkey Rep
    Stats
    6'0"   lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    41.2%
    Achievements Activity AuthorityActivity ProPosting ProPosting AuthorityPosting Veteran

Thanks for the detailed review. Not sure if you're up to posting it at http://www.nutraplanet.com/product/n...900-grams.html but it might help others make their purchasing decision
  12. New Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    66.98%

Quote Originally Posted by Steveoph View Post
    Thanks for the detailed review. Not sure if you're up to posting it at http://www.nutraplanet.com/product/n...900-grams.html but it might help others make their purchasing decision
    I didn't think of adding my reviews / experiences there either. Will get around to it soon. Thanks for the heads up
  13. Idiot Savant
    Stats
    5'9"  190 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    91.89%

I didn't think of adding my reviews / experiences there either. Will get around to it soon. Thanks for the heads up
    Word.... great idea guys.

Similar Forum Threads

1. Poseidon Review
    By ShadowFury in forum Supplement Logs
    Replies: 10
    Last Post: 11-17-2008, 10:17 PM
  2. Poseidon-BA intial review
    By prld2gr8ns in forum Supplement Logs
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 06-28-2007, 12:03 PM
  3. Spring Training Review of Poseidon