The "Help Me Look Like You Workin!" Thread

TheMyth

TheMyth

RADIATE LOVER
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
First off I wanted to start this thread because you simply have the most ausome physique I have ever seen, it's exactly where I would like to be. And yes I know genetics will prohibit me from looking like that, butI would like to get as close as I could with my genetics. So will you help me design a carb cycling routine and training routine for me? I can make the meals up, just need to get the macros so I can make the food. Here's my stats:

Age-25
Weight- 223.3
BF%-12-14

Now this thread isn't just for me, its for everyone who has Q's. I am expecting my Poseidon here by next Wednesday, so I want to definetly be on that. So let's start the "Help Me Look Like You Workin!" plan!

macedaddy

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
i'm in!

is there a supplement or a pill i can take! :fool2:

prld2gr8ns

prld2gr8ns

Idiot Savant
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
The magician never gives away his secrets , but then again workin is a pretty nice guy.:D

macedaddy

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
not to hijack, but remember when i said i never got the "flush" form poseidon? i think you guys changed the formula cause i took 3 scoops poseidon and 2 scoops vasoXplode pre-workout and i was on F*CKING FIRE! literally BRIGHT RED, my ENTIRE body!

workin2005

workin2005

NIMBUS NUTRITION Co Founder
Awards
  • Established
First off I wanted to start this thread because you simply have the most ausome physique I have ever seen, it's exactly where I would like to be. And yes I know genetics will prohibit me from looking like that, butI would like to get as close as I could with my genetics. So will you help me design a carb cycling routine and training routine for me? I can make the meals up, just need to get the macros so I can make the food. Here's my stats:

Age-25
Weight- 223.3
BF%-12-14

Now this thread isn't just for me, its for everyone who has Q's. I am expecting my Poseidon here by next Wednesday, so I want to definetly be on that. So let's start the "Help Me Look Like You Workin!" plan!

Thank you for your kind words TheMyth! :)

I would be happy to help you. Unfortunately, there is not one macronutritent profile for everyone. Different people respond in different ways to high carb/low fat, Low carb/High Fat and any combination in between. For example, I can't eat more than 125-150 grams of complex (forget about simple) carbs per day without putting some fat on...so for me a lower carb/moderate fat diet works well. I have a friend that eats 350 grams of carbs per day, and stays shredded. If he ate the amount of fat I did however...he would bloat up like a balloon. Have you ever taken notice of how your body reacts to various diets?

You need to find out how your body responds to different variations. It took me about a year...once I started to REALLY pay attention to my diet and how carbs/fat effected my body...to really fine tune my diet and figure out what worked for my body.

That said, here are a few rules of thumb that have worked VERY well for many of my clients in the past:

1. Prior to eating a meal containing carbs, ask yourself what you will be doing in the next few hours...if the answer is sitting on your butt, cut your carb portion in half. (post workout would be the only exception)

2. Eat all your carbs for the day prior to 5:00. After that time, only consume lean meat (or a quality protein shake), veggies and healthy fats. (I follow this even if I workout in the evening)

3. Plan your meals...everyone.

4. Instead of a "Cheat day" once per week, only allow yourself a "cheat MEAL".

If your looking to GAIN A TON OF MASS, these rules don't apply. If your looking to get lean and stay lean year around, while adding as much muscle mass as possible, they work like a charm.

I hope that helps. I'm happy to answer any questions you have...perhaps you can post your current diet and exercise program and any other observations you've made in the past while on various diets. ;)

Workin

buffhunk29

buffhunk29

AI Sports Fitness Expert
Awards
  • Established
OR YOU COULD JUST TAKE WorkinDROL and Poseidon!!!

Awesome info tho workin!! Reps for you!!

TheMyth

TheMyth

RADIATE LOVER
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Thanks Workin! Well, I do know that I respond better to lowr carbs, but the problem with a CKD type diet is that after a month all I lose is muscle, no matter how hard I train and what I take to prevent muscle loss. I have never tried Carb Cycling and saw that you said it has worked wonders for you, so I wanted to try it. I can't eat more than 150-200 grams of carbs either without fattening up, sucks, but those are my genes. Do you know what the percentages are of macros for the carb cycling for your low carb, mod carb, and high carb days? When I did a CKD, I blew up on the weekends from too many carbs, and so I dont want to make that mistake again. Plus, eating only eggs, cheese and meat got intolerable fast! Thanks again, you are the man!

John Smeton

John Smeton

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Hey Working,

Do 2,100 Cals sound right for cutting for two hundred and five pounds? Right now am about thirteen percent Body fat and the goal is ten percent bodyfat in about two months.

do you do very low, low and high carb days? How many high carbs days do you do per week?
Used to do one high carb day every fouteen days about a year ago.

When you say simple carbs, do you take in simple carbs?

If so do you just keep everything else low and take in the majority of carbs post-training?

Thank you for your time ~Smeton

prld2gr8ns

prld2gr8ns

Idiot Savant
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
not to hijack, but remember when i said i never got the "flush" form poseidon? i think you guys changed the formula cause i took 3 scoops poseidon and 2 scoops vasoXplode pre-workout and i was on F*CKING FIRE! literally BRIGHT RED, my ENTIRE body!
That's probably from the combination of the 3 scoops of Poseidon and then niacin in it, and the 2 scoops of vaso and the beta-alanine it contains. That would make for a very potent "burn" stack.

workin2005

workin2005

Awards
  • Established
Thanks Workin! Well, I do know that I respond better to lowr carbs, but the problem with a CKD type diet is that after a month all I lose is muscle, no matter how hard I train and what I take to prevent muscle loss. I have never tried Carb Cycling and saw that you said it has worked wonders for you, so I wanted to try it. I can't eat more than 150-200 grams of carbs either without fattening up, sucks, but those are my genes. Do you know what the percentages are of macros for the carb cycling for your low carb, mod carb, and high carb days? When I did a CKD, I blew up on the weekends from too many carbs, and so I dont want to make that mistake again. Plus, eating only eggs, cheese and meat got intolerable fast! Thanks again, you are the man!
For me...on average my calories break down about 23% Carbs/24% Fat/53% Protein for a total of 2,240 calories.

During a higher carb day, I simply add about 100 carbs to that diet which increases the calories to 2,640. This is done about twice per week on average, depending on work schedule/training/current lifestyle.

I don't believe in the Atkins type diet that allows for bacon/fatty meats/cheese/etc...All food consumed should be nutrient dense, low in Saturated Fat, and low in sodium IMHO.

I hope that helps. Keep in mind that I'm 6ft, and keep my Bodyfat in the mid to upper SINGLE digits year around. These are my goals, and what work for me...as I said though, for adding MASS, these rules don't apply.

Hope this helps TheMyth! :)

Workin

workin2005

workin2005

Awards
  • Established
Hey Working,

Does 2,100 Cals sound right for cutting for two hundred and five pounds? Right now am about thirteen percent Body fat and the goal is ten percent bodyfat in about two months.

do you do very low, low and high carb days? How many high carbs days do you do per week?
Used to do one high carb day every fouteen days about a year ago.

When you say simple carbs, do you take in simple carbs?

If so do you just keep everything else low and take in the majority of carbs post-training?

Thank you for your time ~Smeton

That sounds like a good starting point. If you begin to feel too flat, add about 25-50 grams of complex carbs a few days per week.

I spread my carb timing out throughout the day. I don't take in a HUGE amount of carbs post workout, as I feel that hinders the lingering fat burning effects that last hours after your workout is completed. For me, I consume about 25-50 grams of carbs post workout. I also don't take in simple carbs AT ALL if I can help it. Inevitably, you will have some, but I would say, on average, my simple carb intake daily is only around 10 grams...

KEEP IN MIND....these methods I'm describing WILL NOT work for everyone and are simply what I use that works for me, and my goals. Trial and error (and good journaling) is really the only why to know for sure how your body will respond.

I hope that answers your questions smeton_yea. ;)

Workin

workin2005

workin2005

Awards
  • Established
No formula change Mace...With a stack like that...WOW! I can imagine your flush was VERY intense! 3 scoops Poseidon would most likely be better used spread out and sipped on before/during your workout...so over at least the course of 30-45 minutes.

Workin

TheMyth

TheMyth

RADIATE LOVER
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Thanks a ton man, so would do 10c/35f/55p for 2 days, then 25c/25f/50p for 1, then 40/15/45 for 1, then just reapeat? Does that sound right or do my lower carb days need to be lower? Do you stick with doing high reps when you cut, or do you still lift heavy as many people say to do? Thanks for all the input, you should be the official AM Trainer!

workin2005

workin2005

Awards
  • Established
Thanks a ton man, so would do 10c/35f/55p for 2 days, then 25c/25f/50p for 1, then 40/15/45 for 1, then just reapeat? Does that sound right or do my lower carb days need to be lower? Do you stick with doing high reps when you cut, or do you still lift heavy as many people say to do? Thanks for all the input, you should be the official AM Trainer!
Well, without knowing your body type, past exercise/diet routine and current exercise and diet routine, it's difficult for me to say. That macro-nutrient break down is about what I use typically, but again, that does not mean it will work for you. Give it a shot for a few weeks and see what changes take place. If you really want to do it right, keep a journal of everything you eat and of your training. This will help you trouble shoot BIG TIME!

I usually lift heavy, but in the 8-12 rep range. For example, I will use a given weight for 4 sets of 8-12 reps w/ 60-90 seconds rest between sets. I shoot for 12 reps each set but usually end up getting around 12/10/9/8. If and when I am able to get 12 reps on each set, I will know to up the weight my next workout...I use a variety of set/rep schemes, but this is my most common and favorite.

Keep me informed on your progress! Oh, and I think Bobo is the official trainer of Anabolic Minds. I'm told he has helped many people achieve there fitness goals....oh, and he owns the site! lol! :)

Workin

TheMyth

TheMyth

RADIATE LOVER
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
I have done it all man, you name it! I'm a big time endomorph and fat just doesn't want to come off me. I'll make my meal plans and post them to see what you think. I'll also post my schedule as far as working out. Hopefully you'll be able to see that. I will also be reporting back on how well its "workin"! And also can't wait to start Poseidon!

poopypants

poopypants

Banned
Awards
  • Established
Well, without knowing your body type, past exercise/diet routine and current exercise and diet routine, it's difficult for me to say. That macro-nutrient break down is about what I use typically, but again, that does not mean it will work for you. Give it a shot for a few weeks and see what changes take place. If you really want to do it right, keep a journal of everything you eat and of your training. This will help you trouble shoot BIG TIME!

I usually lift heavy, but in the 8-12 rep range. For example, I will use a given weight for 4 sets of 8-12 reps w/ 60-90 seconds rest between sets. I shoot for 12 reps each set but usually end up getting around 12/10/9/8. If and when I am able to get 12 reps on each set, I will know to up the weight my next workout...I use a variety of set/rep schemes, but this is my most common and favorite.

Keep me informed on your progress! Oh, and I think Bobo is the official trainer of Anabolic Minds. I'm told he has helped many people achieve there fitness goals....oh, and he owns the site! lol! :)

Workin
VERY VERY sound lifting advice, this is where i see the most progress, like he said when you can complete your goals, its time to move up. you dont change your routine or up the weight then niether will your body.

and if you didnt know ive heard Bobo is an excellent trainer and used to take on customers regularly from the boards who loved their results.... anyone know if he still does this?

John Smeton

John Smeton

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
I think Bobo quit his bodybuilding journey, at least a couple months ago that was said under his actavar. Said something like ti was a good run while it lasted but bodybuilding has come to and end. time for other things..or something like that.

poopypants

poopypants

Banned
Awards
  • Established
ya i saw that, didnt know if he was still offering his knowledgable services to others or not though,...... too bad as i hear his diet/supplemetation/lifting regimins were incredible.... he should just have a typed out diet with the proper calculations to make it applicable for diff peoples goals and current stats... would be pretty tough i imagine but i bet he could still make some good dough doin it. oh well i could prob never afford his services anyhow, n like he said he had a good run at it.

prld2gr8ns

prld2gr8ns

Idiot Savant
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
I believe he still runs FLA, heck they still have their own forum.

poopypants

poopypants

Banned
Awards
  • Established
ohoho nice, so it WAS in reference to his own personal run at BB, not helping others. thats good. when i, IF i ever get the money to id like to try one of his regimins and see how much i could do with it! im pretty good at figuring out my diet right now but it would be great to have some one fine tune it for me and see hwat results it may bring

workin2005

workin2005

Awards
  • Established
I have done it all man, you name it! I'm a big time endomorph and fat just doesn't want to come off me. I'll make my meal plans and post them to see what you think. I'll also post my schedule as far as working out. Hopefully you'll be able to see that. I will also be reporting back on how well its "workin"! And also can't wait to start Poseidon!
Keep me posted my friend! :)

Workin

TheMyth

TheMyth

RADIATE LOVER
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Hey there! Ok, so diet it going great, first few days were a fog like ussual, but I think I got the hang of it. It's hard to eat the same thing everyday with my school and work schedule, so I just try to hit my macros per meal, only eating carbs when I am going to be active. One thing I wanted to ask was if ommlettes were ok, I have been eating about 1 day. Its 3 eggs, 2 whites, 1 oz 2% lowfat cheese, and 3 strips of bacon degreased as much as possible. The macros fit perfectly for me when I do it, just wondering if you think its not a good thing to have. I also have a scoop of whey in the morning with it.

Side note- Been taking Poseidon for a week now, along with my dad, and though I have felt a very small flush a few times, I havn't noticed much else in terms of feeling better, more energy, less stress, and better recovery from my workouts. My dad has not noticed anything either, just a few flushes. Do you think the conents may have settled to the bottom or do we need more time on it? I was just so excited to start feeling this amazing new feeling that everyone has reported within the first few days, and so far nothing :(. Taking it on empty stomach too btw, and 6 servings a day.

prld2gr8ns

prld2gr8ns

Idiot Savant
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Not workin so i'll leave the diet content to the man. As for Poseidon, give it a little more time, and really try to note some changes not dramatically but in a more subtle way. It has a gradual mood boosting quality that gets better and sustained the longer you take it.

workin2005

workin2005

Awards
  • Established
Hey there! Ok, so diet it going great, first few days were a fog like ussual, but I think I got the hang of it. It's hard to eat the same thing everyday with my school and work schedule, so I just try to hit my macros per meal, only eating carbs when I am going to be active. One thing I wanted to ask was if ommlettes were ok, I have been eating about 1 day. Its 3 eggs, 2 whites, 1 oz 2% lowfat cheese, and 3 strips of bacon degreased as much as possible. The macros fit perfectly for me when I do it, just wondering if you think its not a good thing to have. I also have a scoop of whey in the morning with it.

Side note- Been taking Poseidon for a week now, along with my dad, and though I have felt a very small flush a few times, I havn't noticed much else in terms of feeling better, more energy, less stress, and better recovery from my workouts. My dad has not noticed anything either, just a few flushes. Do you think the conents may have settled to the bottom or do we need more time on it? I was just so excited to start feeling this amazing new feeling that everyone has reported within the first few days, and so far nothing :(. Taking it on empty stomach too btw, and 6 servings a day.
Hey TheMyth....good to hear from you!

The omelet your referring to sounds good...all but the bacon. If it works for you, great, but I would substitute lean ground turkey breast for the bacon. It tastes great mixed right into the omelet. Put a bit of salsa on it and....yuuummmm! Not to mention the added protein.

Sorry to hear your not seeing the benefits of Poseidon yet...actually many have not started to really notice the difference Poseidon makes until week 2-3. Keep me informed as I think you will be surprised at how it creeps up on you! ;) Start to take notice of small things like, the ease of daily tasks, better memory, coordination, agility, the ability to perform a few extra reps at the end of a set, etc... The settling of ingredients in any powdered supplement is possible. Poseidon is micronized, and manufactured very well. Settling will be minimal if at all. That said, it won't hurt to shake up the container prior to each serving to insure NO settling has occurred. I look forward to your future thoughts and THANK YOU for your honest report! :thumbsup:

Have you had your body fat taken since starting your new diet regimen? I'll be interested to see how everything works out for you my friend!

Workin

John Smeton

John Smeton

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Workin, whats your weight? I ask because of your cal intake and curious of how much you weigh

TheMyth

TheMyth

RADIATE LOVER
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Hey so I replaced the bacon with Canadian Bacon, only 1 gram of fat and 10 grams of protein per serving, much healthier and tastes prett close! BTW, I finally got a huge flush last night, so I guess the stuff is doing something! Still waiting on the skin and mood boosts.

workin2005

workin2005

Awards
  • Established
Hey so I replaced the bacon with Canadian Bacon, only 1 gram of fat and 10 grams of protein per serving, much healthier and tastes prett close! BTW, I finally got a huge flush last night, so I guess the stuff is doing something! Still waiting on the skin and mood boosts.
Canadian bacon is a much better choice. ;) Glad to hear you finally got in infamous "Flush". :)

Workin

prld2gr8ns

prld2gr8ns

Idiot Savant
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Say it ain't true poop-a-loop!!:(

:D

poopypants

poopypants

Banned
Awards
  • Established
lol that and my test levels got bumped back up pretty damn quick from my killer PCT..... bottom lin eis my skin isnt beautiful and smooth n glowin like with poseidon.... i see an order in my very near future with how much moola ive made this pay period.... still gotta wait till next fri though :(

prld2gr8ns

prld2gr8ns

Idiot Savant
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Yeah, your PCT looked like a killer combo man. Glad to hear it worked out well for you. I can see why you would need the skin effects of Poseidon for that big time test boosting stack.