Poseidon and stomach cramps

rxp1997

rxp1997

Awards
  • Established
Today i took my first serving of Poseidon pre-workout, used it to wash down my pills. Within 5 minutes I had the most intense stomach cramps, but it only lasted for about 5minutes and subsided on it's own shortly thereafter. Any ideas on what could've caused it? My pill stash consisted of 2MFX, Restore, Yohimbine, Macca, 1 C2, 1 cAMP, Omega Sports PowerJolt and CEE.

That was the only nasty side, and a brief one. On the plus side, I felt an almost immediate sense of calm and well-being, and it didn't take the edge off my supps. Today was arm day, and using rest/pause, I always beat the crap out of them so that it feels ike I want to go fetal and cry, until today. The intensity was there, but the pain (and I use that word hesitantly- its like the pain you have when you are getting the flu, nothing specific hurts or feels damaged, and it doesn't impede my workout, but in between sets it's an effing b*tch). Anyway that pain was almost non-existant today, I was able to write down all my sets without any jitters or shakes.

I also used it in my pwo concoction- again, immediately I felt calm and relaxed, not on the edge or ragged. I felt good. What a great recovery addition this make to my pwo. It's been hours since my workout and my arms feel great.

Jayhawkk

Jayhawkk

Legend
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
Actually, i've never experienced this but you're on a lot of stims...That alone would of cramped me up. How much water did you take it down with?

rxp1997

rxp1997

Awards
  • Established
tall glass of water, probably 16ozs. What I can do Monday is drop the c2 and camp and see how that goes. I am a little stim-insensitive, usually I take 2 of each preworkout and barely feel it. If that's it then I'll just leave the stims for the rest of the day, I really want to keep the poseidon for pre/post workout.

Jayhawkk

Jayhawkk

Legend
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
I'm right opposite. I'm super sensitive to stims. Try downing a lot more water with that. and then just use the poseidon later(try giving about 15 minutes after taking the set of pills and then start sipping the poseidon)

prld2gr8ns

prld2gr8ns

Idiot Savant
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
I'm right opposite. I'm super sensitive to stims. Try downing a lot more water with that. and then just use the poseidon later(try giving about 15 minutes after taking the set of pills and then start sipping the poseidon)
Good idea there jayhawk. RXP, you got a good list of supps that could have contributed to the cramping and Poseidon could have very well potentiated all or any of the prods you are taking. Some things I can think of that may have contributed to your cramping is 1. Like Jayhawk mentioned, the amount of stims your own, as stims and any caffeine source acts as a natural diuretic and can help loosen the old bowels a little and cause some cramping. 2. The cAMP contains a good dose of Forskolin, which from some previous reports has been known to cause some cramping in the earlier stages of beginning the Forskolin.

Do as you say and cut some of it down, as I really think you'll find that with Poseidon you won't really need as big a dose as you would usually have.

Keep us posted on how your doing.

workin2005

workin2005

NIMBUS NUTRITION Co Founder
Awards
  • Established
Hello Rxp1997,

Thanks for providing your feedback. I completely agree with Jayhawkk and prld2gr8ns. The other supplements your taking could very easily cause a bit of cramping.

As mentioned, try taking your other supps/stims a good 15-20 minutes prior to your workout, then begin sipping on Poseidon a few minutes prior. How many servings of Poseidon are you mixing with the 16 oz of water you mentioned?

The sense of well being your feeling is one of my favorite benefits Poseidon offers. The focus and mind/muscle connection it creates is fantastic. Keep us updated on your progress...I look forward to it!

Workin

rxp1997

rxp1997

Awards
  • Established
I just did one serving. Today I took 1 serving in 16ozs, but only took the MFX, Restore, Macca and Yohimbine, and no cramping at all. For tomorrows workout I will spread as suggested.

thanks.

workin2005

workin2005

Awards
  • Established
I just did one serving. Today I took 1 serving in 16ozs, but only took the MFX, Restore, Macca and Yohimbine, and no cramping at all. For tomorrows workout I will spread as suggested.

thanks.
Good to hear...thanks for your feedback.

Workin

prld2gr8ns

prld2gr8ns

Idiot Savant
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established

thanks.
Great to hear the belly is better. How'd the workout compare minus the c2 and cAMP, with the Poseidon?

rxp1997

rxp1997

Awards
  • Established
that won't be until chest day tomorrow, but I'll be sure to pay attention to let you know. the stims i really don't feel except for the xtra sweating and the fat burning I hope I am getting.

prld2gr8ns

prld2gr8ns

Idiot Savant
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Gotcha! Thought the serving you took minus the stims was pre-wo.

rxp1997

rxp1997

Awards
  • Established
okay, so today I took the same stack pre-workout (MFX/Restore/Macca/Yohimbine/PowerJolt/c2/cAmp) with just water, and mixed 2 servings of Poseidon in a 20oz water bootle, chugged half the bottle minutes before working out. No cramps at all. I finished the rest halfway thru my workout.

As for the workout, three things were notable. One is I did not sweat a lot, actually very little compared to previous workouts. Two is the effect it has on the "pain" I mentioned earlier, which I think is just me pummeling my CNS. There was very little, not even worth mentioning. Third, that sense of well-being translates nicely into focus and intensity, while taking taking the edge of the stack of pills I popped.

Then I took one serving with my pwo concoction (wms/cee/xtend/beta-alanine/xtra leucine). Again, that calm feeling makes the drive home relaxing.

This is definitely now a staple for me- I might not take it regularly day in day out, but it will definitely be a permanent part of my pre and post workout supplementation.

And my apologies for jacking the thread....

prld2gr8ns

prld2gr8ns

Idiot Savant
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Good to see rxp. Look's like the hydration is kicking in good for you, as I think the endurance benefit it gives in the gym has a lot to do with it hydrating the body in a way that allows for more performance and less fatigue.

And man, how can you jack your own thread.LOL

workin2005

workin2005

Awards
  • Established
okay, so today I took the same stack pre-workout (MFX/Restore/Macca/Yohimbine/PowerJolt/c2/cAmp) with just water, and mixed 2 servings of Poseidon in a 20oz water bootle, chugged half the bottle minutes before working out. No cramps at all. I finished the rest halfway thru my workout.

As for the workout, three things were notable. One is I did not sweat a lot, actually very little compared to previous workouts. Two is the effect it has on the "pain" I mentioned earlier, which I think is just me pummeling my CNS. There was very little, not even worth mentioning. Third, that sense of well-being translates nicely into focus and intensity, while taking taking the edge of the stack of pills I popped.

Then I took one serving with my pwo concoction (wms/cee/xtend/beta-alanine/xtra leucine). Again, that calm feeling makes the drive home relaxing.

This is definitely now a staple for me- I might not take it regularly day in day out, but it will definitely be a permanent part of my pre and post workout supplementation.

And my apologies for jacking the thread....
Excellent Feedback rxp! Keep us updated, particularly on how you feel your CNS is holding up with the stims your taking.

Poseidon should GREATLY improve the health of your CNS, therefore minimizing any damage the stim's may be causing...as you seem to elude to. Here is a good thread on Poseidon and the CNS you may find interesting:
http://anabolicminds.com/forum/weight-loss/59077-cns-health-weight.html?highlight=poseidon+cns

Workin

CROWLER

CROWLER

Anabolic Innovations Owner
Awards
  • Established
Today i took my first serving of Poseidon pre-workout, used it to wash down my pills. Within 5 minutes I had the most intense stomach cramps, but it only lasted for about 5minutes and subsided on it's own shortly thereafter. Any ideas on what could've caused it? My pill stash consisted of 2MFX, Restore, Yohimbine, Macca, 1 C2, 1 cAMP, Omega Sports PowerJolt and CEE.

That was the only nasty side, and a brief one. On the plus side, I felt an almost immediate sense of calm and well-being, and it didn't take the edge off my supps. Today was arm day, and using rest/pause, I always beat the crap out of them so that it feels ike I want to go fetal and cry, until today. The intensity was there, but the pain (and I use that word hesitantly- its like the pain you have when you are getting the flu, nothing specific hurts or feels damaged, and it doesn't impede my workout, but in between sets it's an effing b*tch). Anyway that pain was almost non-existant today, I was able to write down all my sets without any jitters or shakes.

I also used it in my pwo concoction- again, immediately I felt calm and relaxed, not on the edge or ragged. I felt good. What a great recovery addition this make to my pwo. It's been hours since my workout and my arms feel great.
EXACTLY that is what is so wonderfully bizzare is the lack of pain but still the intensity. Just did a 20 mile bike ride followed by a half hour run and I swear to goodness I could go do it AGAIN. This from a guy with an ankle injury still hanging on from 5 years ago.

Get this I have just started biking about 6 weeks ago after NO biking for 3 years.

AND this was only my 10th run in 5 FREAKING years!!!!!!!

I am getting back into triathlons this year while trying to maintain 210lbs it is getting tougher and tougher with so much cardio. Maybe I should do a thread of CROWLER GOES TO THE RACES and log my triathlon races this year ???

CROWLER

prld2gr8ns

prld2gr8ns

Idiot Savant
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
I am getting back into triathlons this year while trying to maintain 210lbs it is getting tougher and tougher with so much cardio. Maybe I should do a thread of CROWLER GOES TO THE RACES and log my triathlon races this year ???

CROWLER
I'd love to see a log of that, plus it'd be an extra incentive for you to not do to bad there Crowler.:p

Plus you could have a log here and title it Poseidon vs The Triathlons - BRING THE PAIN!!

workin2005

workin2005

Awards
  • Established
EXACTLY that is what is so wonderfully bizzare is the lack of pain but still the intensity. Just did a 20 mile bike ride followed by a half hour run and I swear to goodness I could go do it AGAIN. This from a guy with an ankle injury still hanging on from 5 years ago.

Get this I have just started biking about 6 weeks ago after NO biking for 3 years.

AND this was only my 10th run in 5 FREAKING years!!!!!!!

CROWLER
Bring on the log!

I'm glad to hear about your results on Poseidon. Thanks for the excellent feedback Crowler :)

Workin