Initial Poseidon review

sublimejeh

sublimejeh

Awards
  • Established
Hey guys, I just got my poseidon in yesterday.

I took i today on an empty stomach. It tastes kinda nasty, Like very salty water.

I also got a weiiiird feeling. I got the tingles in my face and neck, but get this, my ass was uncontrollably itchy!!!!! lol! I thought it was actually very funny! Anyways, I look forward to seeing results with this and It should make a great addition to my epi cycle!

workin2005

workin2005

NIMBUS NUTRITION Co Founder
Awards
  • Established
Hey guys, I just got my poseidon in yesterday.

I took i today on an empty stomach. It tastes kinda nasty, Like very salty water.

I also got a weiiiird feeling. I got the tingles in my face and neck, but get this, my ass was uncontrollably itchy!!!!! lol! I thought it was actually very funny! Anyways, I look forward to seeing results with this and It should make a great addition to my epi cycle!
Looking forward to your log sublimejeh!

For the taste, mix it in water and wait 2-3 minutes before you start to drink it. How many servings did you use and in how much water?

Sounds like you also got the typical Niacin Flush! lol! Diluting it in more water will make it less intense. As Poseidon removes toxins from your body, over time you'll notice the flush is much less noticeable, if you even get one at all. Here is a bit of info on what you experienced:

The niacin "flush"
It's important to note that this niacin flush is not harmful or dangerous. Some people worry about it, but it is actually a sign of improved blood flow.
When you get the niacin "flush", it's an indication that the niacin is causing small blood vessels in your body to be expanded in size. Many of your small blood vessels, called "capilaries" are so small that blood cells can only go through them in single file. Sometimes, in fact, that small capilary passageway is clogged and blood doesn't get through at all.

While the large organs of the body all have blood supplied from large arteries, a great deal of your body, particularly the parts near the skin, get their ONLY supply of blood (therefore also of oxygen and nutrients) from these small capillaries.
The niacin causes these small capilaries to expand - so they might be able to carry 2 or 3 blood cells at the same time. This is a tremendous increase in blood flow.
You experience this as a "flushing" of the skin, simply because there is more blood close to the surface of the body. As the blood flows in these areas, the cells of the small capilaries will also be getting rid of their waste products, and often they produce 'histamine' as part of this process. That histamine is another natural substance produced by every cell in the body when a cell is under attack, or is eliminating toxins. Histamine causes an 'itchy' feeling.

Workin

sublimejeh

sublimejeh

Awards
  • Established
Cool... it was really funny though because the only ting that was itchy was my ass, but it was REALLY itchy lol

Anyways, I took my second serving tonight preworkout and didn't get a flush but I did notice a nice boost in energy and overall feeling.

Oh and I'm taking one scoop in ~6-8oz of water

workin2005

workin2005

Awards
  • Established
Cool... it was really funny though because the only ting that was itchy was my ass, but it was REALLY itchy lol

Anyways, I took my second serving tonight preworkout and didn't get a flush but I did notice a nice boost in energy and overall feeling.

Oh and I'm taking one scoop in ~6-8oz of water
:icon_lol:

1 scoop per 8 ounces of water is perfect...

Workin

sublimejeh

sublimejeh

Awards
  • Established
:icon_lol:

1 scoop per 8 ounces of water is perfect...

Workin
I haven't looked up too much info you posted about poseidon so forgive me if this is ignorant, but what would you recommend to me as an optimal dosage for poseidon (i would prefer about 3-4 scoops a day because of lack of funds :p)

I'm 6'2 230-235lbs 14-15% bf if that has any effect on your recommendation. I also eat a ton and drink 1-1 1/2 gallons of water a day

sublimejeh

sublimejeh

Awards
  • Established
New update:

about 2 hrs after my second serving---
Very warm sensation right around belt line in my abdominal region... Just a little note

workin2005

workin2005

Awards
  • Established
I haven't looked up too much info you posted about poseidon so forgive me if this is ignorant, but what would you recommend to me as an optimal dosage for poseidon (i would prefer about 3-4 scoops a day because of lack of funds :p)

I'm 6'2 230-235lbs 14-15% bf if that has any effect on your recommendation. I also eat a ton and drink 1-1 1/2 gallons of water a day
Here is what I would recommend for you:

1. 1 serving first thing in the morning on an empty stomach or with a protein shake or light meal.
2. 2 servings spread out before, during and after workouts (Suggestion: Put 2 servings in a water bottle and start sipping on it 10 minutes prior to workout and finish about the time workout is complete)*
3. 1 serving in the evening before bed.

*On non-workout days: Take your morning and evening dose as usual. Take 1-2 additional servings spread out as much as possible throughout the day.

:thumbsup:

Workin

sublimejeh

sublimejeh

Awards
  • Established
Ok well day 2 I had my first dose 5 minutes before my protein shake...

MUCH better than on an empty stomach!!!! No niacin flush or itchy feeling.

However last night and this morning i noticed increased heartrate which caused sleeplessness after my bedtime dose. I may have to take my night dose an hour or two before bed!

workin2005

workin2005

Awards
  • Established
Ok well day 2 I had my first dose 5 minutes before my protein shake...

MUCH better than on an empty stomach!!!! No niacin flush or itchy feeling.

However last night and this morning i noticed increased heartrate which caused sleeplessness after my bedtime dose. I may have to take my night dose an hour or two before bed!
I haven't had any reports of an increase in heart rate due to Poseidon. :think:
Did you take anything else that may have attributed to that? Keep me posted.

Workin

workin2005

workin2005

Awards
  • Established
Interesting. I just placed my order for poseiden from nutraplanet. Once I get up and going with it, I'll see if I notice anything similar. I'm actually excited about the niacin flush to increase blood flow.

Keep us posted!

HL
I agree, you'll find the flush diminishes greatly after the first few weeks however...a sign Poseidon is working, but, like you, I really enjoy a good Niacin Flush ;-)

Workin

sublimejeh

sublimejeh

Awards
  • Established
I haven't had any reports of an increase in heart rate due to Poseidon. :think:
Did you take anything else that may have attributed to that? Keep me posted.

Workin
I'm pretty positive... I took it before my nightime protein shake and my heart was definitely poundin haha not uncomfortably but higher than resting. I also noticed it before my workout i noitced more energized

sublimejeh

sublimejeh

Awards
  • Established

wrkn4bigrmusles

Awards
  • Established
its been a few days and the flushes arent that bad anymore.. subtle.. and i know its there.. but not as annoying as that first day dose... ima have to buy more so i can deploy with some

prld2gr8ns

prld2gr8ns

Idiot Savant
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
its been a few days and the flushes arent that bad anymore.. subtle.. and i know its there.. but not as annoying as that first day dose... ima have to buy more so i can deploy with some
Same here, I'm one week into my Poseidon experience and the flush doesn't come at all, just get a little warm every now and then.

Sublime, I know this may sound stupid but how fast did you chug down your shake before bed? I ask because I've found that when I eat rather quickly right before bed, I get the same symptoms you where mentioning.

sublimejeh

sublimejeh

Awards
  • Established
this may sound stupid but how fast did you chug down your shake before bed? I ask because I've found that when I eat rather quickly right before bed, I get the same symptoms you where mentioning.
Pretty fast, I mixed one scoop in 6 oz of juice and chugged it down. The only thing is the effect lasted >30 mins which isnt normal for me

prld2gr8ns

prld2gr8ns

Idiot Savant
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Hmmm, I only ask because eating naturally speeds your metabolism up and the faster you eat, the quicker your digestive system kicks in, which could spike your MR. Try and take your last dose of Poseidon later in the evening as opposed to right before bed, and see if anything changes. I usually take my last dose around 7 and lights out at 9 or so, and haven't noticed anything as far as sleep interference goes.

workin2005

workin2005

Awards
  • Established
Hmmm, I only ask because eating naturally speeds your metabolism up and the faster you eat, the quicker your digestive system kicks in, which could spike your MR. Try and take your last dose of Poseidon later in the evening as opposed to right before bed, and see if anything changes. I usually take my last dose around 7 and lights out at 9 or so, and haven't noticed anything as far as sleep interference goes.
I take my last dose around 8:00 pm...bed time around 10:30 or so. Give that a try and let me know if that elevates the problem.

Workin

sublimejeh

sublimejeh

Awards
  • Established
I take my last dose around 8:00 pm...bed time around 10:30 or so. Give that a try and let me know if that elevates the problem.

Workin
I'm sure that would work fine as the effect only lasted about 30 minutes last night, its just that i took it RIGHT before hittin the sheets

ANyways, something new ive noticed.... A warm feeling in my kidney region (lower left abdomen)... feels internal and sort of cramps up when i flex my obliques in that area. Probably the potassium at work as I am ingesting much more than usual

prld2gr8ns

prld2gr8ns

Idiot Savant
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
I'm sure that would work fine as the effect only lasted about 30 minutes last night, its just that i took it RIGHT before hittin the sheets

ANyways, something new ive noticed.... A warm feeling in my kidney region (lower left abdomen)... feels internal and sort of cramps up when i flex my obliques in that area. Probably the potassium at work as I am ingesting much more than usual
Sounds like a little indegestion, with the cramping and all. Intestines can act up like that sometimes.

How'd your sleep go last night?

Colden

Colden

Nimbus Nutrition Co-Founder
Awards
wrkn4bigmusles, When and where are you being deployed?

Colden

Colden

Nimbus Nutrition Co-Founder
Awards

What kind of Protein are you taking and about how many grams per day?

sublimejeh

sublimejeh

Awards
  • Established
What kind of Protein are you taking and about how many grams per day?
I've been taking protein forever man :)

But currently I'm using a WPI and a casein before bed

sublimejeh

sublimejeh

Awards
  • Established
Sounds like a little indegestion, with the cramping and all. Intestines can act up like that sometimes.

How'd your sleep go last night?
Fine actually. I had it about an hour before bed and no problems!

Force of Green

Force of Green

Awards
  • Established
I agree, you'll find the flush diminishes greatly after the first few weeks however...a sign Poseidon is working, but, like you, I really enjoy a good Niacin Flush ;-)

Workin
The flush hasn't subsided for me yet. My co-workers tell me that I've got to go to a mirror and check out the rash that's on my face, neck and arms (any exposed skin). lol. This is only when I use 2 servings after the workout with BCAAs (already has niacin in it as well).

Force of Green

Force of Green

Awards
  • Established
Then again... I am detoxing, but I do still walk on the treadmill and take BCAAs.

prld2gr8ns

prld2gr8ns

Idiot Savant
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
The flush hasn't subsided for me yet. My co-workers tell me that I've got to go to a mirror and check out the rash that's on my face, neck and arms (any exposed skin). lol. This is only when I use 2 servings after the workout with BCAAs (already has niacin in it as well).
With the added niacin in your bcaa's, how much does that make with the poseidon stacked into it?

workin2005

workin2005

Awards
  • Established
How much Niacin is in the BCAA product your taking FOG? Do you sip on the mixture before during and after your workout or do you take it all at once? Last question...how much water do you mix it with?

Glad your feeling better my friend ;-)

Workin

Force of Green

Force of Green

Awards
  • Established
How much Niacin is in the BCAA product your taking FOG? Do you sip on the mixture before during and after your workout or do you take it all at once? Last question...how much water do you mix it with?

Glad your feeling better my friend ;-)

Workin
I'm feeling a little better, but not fully. Thank you! The BCAAs have 10 mg per serving and I have a few servings in my bottle and I'll gulp on it with an empty stomach. No way to tell for sure how much is in there.

sublimejeh

sublimejeh

Awards
  • Established
Poseidon is going great... It has been a great addition to my cycle. My strength is wayyyy up and my weight is up..

Also I seem to be very hungry lately and have a increased recovery rate

workin2005

workin2005

Awards
  • Established
I'm feeling a little better, but not fully. Thank you! The BCAAs have 10 mg per serving and I have a few servings in my bottle and I'll gulp on it with an empty stomach. No way to tell for sure how much is in there.
How much water are you mixing it in? More water=less flush...if you want less. I actually enjoy a good niacin flush during a workout ;-)

How much longer will you be detoxing?

Workin

workin2005

workin2005

Awards
  • Established
Poseidon is going great... It has been a great addition to my cycle. My strength is wayyyy up and my weight is up..

Thanks for your feedback Sublimejeh...Great to hear! :head:

The excellent results we've seen from each Poseidon user shows how much our bodies crave the exact combination of vitamins, minerals, antioxidants, electrolytes and amino acids found in the Poseidon Complex formula....It's very rewarding for us to hear feed back like this. :thumbsup:

Workin

Force of Green

Force of Green

Awards
  • Established
How much water are you mixing it in? More water=less flush...if you want less. I actually enjoy a good niacin flush during a workout ;-)

How much longer will you be detoxing?

Workin
I'm almost midway in phase 2 of my detox. Here's how it went:

Days 1-7:
(2) 1 gallon jugs of water (3/4 water) with 6 organic lemons juiced and poured into the jugs and some stevia to sweeten it.
Morning detox tea
Poseiden
Nightly laxative tea
blood cleanser caps
adrenal renew
organic molasses tablespoons a few times a day

Days 8-10
(2) 1 gallon jugs with water and the juice of 4 grapefruits and 4 lemons with some stevia
morning detox tea
super colon cleanse
blood cleans
adrenal renew
poseidon
homemade organic 'virgin' bloody marys
organic tomato juice
cayenne pepper
prepared fresh horseradish
fresh ground pepper
organic celery

Days 11-14
Fruits and vegetables
poseiden
detox tea
green tea
2 gallons of water per day

I will then phase in grains and nuts... then fish... then chicken... then red meat.

I am getting a few thousand dollars surplus soon, and I'm getting better income now so I'll be eating all fresh and lots of organics.

I also take BCAA or EAA and BCAA cocktails throughout the day to try and keep as anticatabolic as possible.

I'm doing this because I'm fed up with my supplement obsession and I need a fresh start.

workin2005

workin2005

Awards
  • Established
I'm almost midway in phase 2 of my detox. Here's how it went:

Days 1-7:
(2) 1 gallon jugs of water (3/4 water) with 6 organic lemons juiced and poured into the jugs and some stevia to sweeten it.
Morning detox tea
Poseiden
Nightly laxative tea
blood cleanser caps
adrenal renew

Days 8-10
(2) 1 gallon jugs with water and the juice of 4 grapefruits and 4 lemons with some stevia
morning detox tea
super colon cleanse
blood cleans
adrenal renew
poseidon
homemade organic 'virgin' bloody marys
organic tomato juice
cayenne pepper
prepared fresh horseradish
fresh ground pepper
organic celery

Days 11-14
Fruits and vegetables
poseiden
detox tea
green tea
2 gallons of water per day

I will then phase in grains and nuts... then fish... then chicken... then red meat.

I am getting a few thousand dollars surplus soon, and I'm getting better income now so I'll be eating all fresh and lots of organics.

I also take BCAA or EAA and BCAA cocktails throughout the day to try and keep as anticatabolic as possible.

I'm doing this because I'm fed up with my supplement obsession and I need a fresh start.
Wow! Very impressive! You should be completely revitalized by the time your done. Great discipline FOG!
Keep me updated on your progress ;-)

Workin

Cool

Cool

Awards
  • Established
I commend you. I'm getting close to doing something similar with posideon. Then the new powerfull came out. Not that it's bad, but I won't be "off" of supps.

prld2gr8ns

prld2gr8ns

Idiot Savant
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
I commend you. I'm getting close to doing something similar with posideon. Then the new powerfull came out. Not that it's bad, but I won't be "off" of supps.
When your ready to rehab from supps poseidon will be waiting. :)

workin2005

workin2005

Awards
  • Established
IMHO, No matter what your taking...Poseidon should be at the core of your supplement regime. Once you try it, you really won't want to live without it!

The new Powerfull does look very promising. Let us know how it goes :thumbsup:

Workin

workin2005

workin2005

Awards
  • Established

Any updates Sublimejeh?

Workin

sublimejeh

sublimejeh

Awards
  • Established
Any updates Sublimejeh?

Workin
I've been traveling the past 5 days without my poseidon :(

I will return to taking it tomorrow night when i get home, and keep everyone posted with updates!

prld2gr8ns

prld2gr8ns

Idiot Savant
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
LOL Nothing welcomes you home better then a good ol niacin flush. Sublime, after a long time of traveling I bet poseidon will whip right back in shape.

CROWLER

CROWLER

Anabolic Innovations Owner
Awards
  • Established
As to the flush with Niacin, back during the college days(lots of drinking) I would get the flush BAD!

Now VERY VERY little. Must have been the toxins as Workin said.

CROWLER

sublimejeh

sublimejeh

Awards
  • Established
i had a very very mild niacin flush last night when I finally got back home. Whatever, either way, a nice way to get back into it :) Whatdya know, my blood vessels are now permently open because of this stuff :p heh

prld2gr8ns

prld2gr8ns

Idiot Savant
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
i had a very very mild niacin flush last night when I finally got back home. Whatever, either way, a nice way to get back into it :) Whatdya know, my blood vessels are now permently open because of this stuff :p heh
He's BACK ON THE WAGON!!:D

workin2005

workin2005

Awards
  • Established
:dance:

Workin

sublimejeh

sublimejeh

Awards
  • Established
SO poseidon is going really well still. I can't even say enough about what a great addition it is to my stack... I always feel hydrated and my muscles aren't as tight.

I will officially be keeping this as a staple in my supplement regime.

prld2gr8ns

prld2gr8ns

Idiot Savant
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
We should start a club subl.:D

It's great to hear about how well it's treating you, and it can easily be addictive because it makes you feel so much better. It's actually the first supp I've ever tried that I'm actually afraid of running out of.LOL

workin2005

workin2005

Awards
  • Established
SO poseidon is going really well still. I can't even say enough about what a great addition it is to my stack... I always feel hydrated and my muscles aren't as tight.

Great to hear Sublimejeh! We will hopefully have the 900 gram version out shortly :)

Workin