Poseidon

BigDog77

Awards
Just received my Poseidon today (after much anticipation) and I have to say that the container was smaller than I thought it would be, but no biggie-good things come in small packages. I have one minor complaint and it was that the scoop was buried deep in the container so I had no idea how big the serving scoop was and I ended up taking probably 7-8 servings worth as I free poured it into my Gatorade. I eventually had to pour the Poseidon into a bowl until the scoop showed itself. Needless to say, I felt the infamous niacin flush. My face is still red. I have read that taking an aspirin 30 minutes beforehand can subside the flush. Will that be necessary on a daily basis? Upon doing that research, I also read that long term use of niacin can cause a deficiency in other B vitamins and very high doses can lead to liver damage. The research also indicated that 75mg is considered high, so is the worst that one should expect is the flush feeling which hopefully will diminish over time?

First impression is a good one as I can say I feel an overall better sense of well being or clarity-like I did when I started with Stimulant-X.

What prompted Nimbus to name the product Poseidon afterall? Just curious, as it means the God of the sea, horses and earthquakes.

BigDog77

prld2gr8ns

prld2gr8ns

Idiot Savant
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
The product was designed to be a hydration enhancer which helps maximize total body hydration. Thus, the name Poseidon god of the sea. As it allows your body to efficiently utilize and undergo proper cellular hydration(water uptake). The niacin flush is a very common thing, and isn't really any concern. It usually last only 10-15 min tops with me, so taking a aspirin with it IMO isn't really necessary. Plus, I find that when I dilute it with 20oz or so of water and sip on it a little at time the flush is totally non-exsistent or greatly reduced. Give it a try. As for liver damage and loss of b-vitamins, I believe niacin has been studied in it's role for up regulation of HDL(good chol.) and decreasing LDL(bad cholesterol) in the liver, so if you have good liver functions then it's actually quit healthy. Haven't really heard of it decreasing absorption of other b vitamins, and since it's a water soluable vitamin the excess that isn't used is usually excreted out in the urine along with other water soluable vitamins.

Hope this helps you out a little bit man.

Last edited:

glsa17

Awards
  • Established
You want to talk about niacin flush. Try Clout for the first time on a empty stomach. It freaked me out. The tips of my ears, arms, top of my head all tingled. Not to mention a few other places. I didn't know what was going on. That is until I fully read the label. :fool2:

workin2005

workin2005

NIMBUS NUTRITION Co Founder
Awards
  • Established
Just received my Poseidon today (after much anticipation) and I have to say that the container was smaller than I thought it would be, but no biggie-good things come in small packages. I have one minor complaint and it was that the scoop was buried deep in the container so I had no idea how big the serving scoop was and I ended up taking probably 7-8 servings worth as I free poured it into my Gatorade. I eventually had to pour the Poseidon into a bowl until the scoop showed itself. Needless to say, I felt the infamous niacin flush. My face is still red. I have read that taking an aspirin 30 minutes beforehand can subside the flush. Will that be necessary on a daily basis? Upon doing that research, I also read that long term use of niacin can cause a deficiency in other B vitamins and very high doses can lead to liver damage. The research also indicated that 75mg is considered high, so is the worst that one should expect is the flush feeling which hopefully will diminish over time?

First impression is a good one as I can say I feel an overall better sense of well being or clarity-like I did when I started with Stimulant-X.

What prompted Nimbus to name the product Poseidon afterall? Just curious, as it means the God of the sea, horses and earthquakes.

BigDog77
Hello Big Dog!

I'm sorry you had a problem with the scoop. We have actually addressed that issue already and will be shipping all future orders of Poseidon in larger containers....Thanks for the feedback ;-) Email me your shipping address and I'd be happy to send you a sample of our, soon to be released, Performance Pudding Nite-Time for your trouble. [email protected]

Regarding liver toxicity over prolonged niacin use, I think you may be confusing the time released niacin (which we DO NOT use) for the form of niacin we do use. Timed Released Niacin can be toxic to the liver at higher doses over time. The niacin we use is NOT and has been used therapeutically in doses up to 1,500 mgs per day....Here is some information and references for you to look over if you care to research it further, I think it will answer all your questions:

There are several precautions which one needs to implement however when one uses niacin. Niacin usually has a "flush effect" - which is not harmful - associated with it which is very similar to the hot flashes women experience during menopause. Niacin supplements are available in regular and “timed-release” forms. Timed-release versions of niacin have been made available to avoid this "flush" effect. The problem with most TIMED-RELEASED niacin is that they are associated with a high degree of liver problems.

The timed-release forms of nicotinic acid are intended for a prolonged release of niacin during its 6-8 hour transit time in the intestines, but timed-release niacin is also associated with greater toxicity and safe doses are only about half of normal-release forms of niacin.

In the high doses used for controlling cholesterol levels (anything above 100mg/day), nicotinic acid can cause skin flushing and skin itching as well as headaches, lightheadedness and low blood pressure. The niacinamide form of niacin does not cause these side effects, but it is not effective in reducing cholesterol levels, so it is seldom taken in such high doses. The slow-release versions of niacin supplements have the potential for causing liver damage (even at “lower” doses of 500mg/day) - so blood tests to monitor for liver damage are recommended and high-dose niacin supplementation should only be undertaken under the guidance of a natural physician. Anyone with liver disease, including those who consume more than 2 drinks of alcohol daily, should not take high-dose niacin.

Niacin is cheap, so its effectiveness in reducing cholesterol levels may be an inexpensive solution to reducing a known risk factor for cardiovascular disease. When monitored properly by a natural physician, niacin therapy can be almost as effective as the popular (and expensive) statin drugs for lowering cholesterol and triglyceride levels. Niacin may be the most cost-effective lipid-lowering agent currently available.

Niacin dosing is usually started at the low-end (100mg/day), with increasing doses of 250mg each week until blood lipid levels start to normalize (or side effects develop). Side effects are usually minimized by increasing the dosage slowly to the common therapeutic range of 1000-1500mg/day. Niacin doses should be divided into 2-3 separate daily doses, or no more than 500-750mg per individual dose).

References

1. Capuzzi DM, Guyton JR, Morgan JM, Goldberg AC, Kreisberg RA, Brusco OA, Brody J. Efficacy and safety of an extended-release niacin (Niaspan): a long-term study. Am J Cardiol. 1998 Dec 17;82(12A):74U-81U.

2. Cunningham JJ. Micronutrients as nutriceutical interventions in diabetes mellitus. J Am Coll Nutr. 1998 Feb;17(1):7-10.

3. Gardner SF, Marx MA, White LM, Granberry MC, Skelton DR, Fonseca VA. Combination of low-dose niacin and pravastatin improves the lipid profile in diabetic patients without compromising glycemic control. Ann Pharmacother. 1997 Jun;31(6):677-82.

4. Goldberg AC. Clinical trial experience with extended-release niacin (Niaspan): dose-escalation study. Am J Cardiol. 1998 Dec 17;82(12A):35U-38U.

5. Greenbaum CJ, Kahn SE, Palmer JP. Nicotinamide's effects on glucose metabolism in subjects at risk for IDDM. Diabetes. 1996 Nov;45(11):1631-4.

I hope you find this helpful. I'll be keeping up with your log and look forward to your results :thumbsup:

Workin

BTW...I've never heard of anyone taking 8 servings at once! I've taken 8 servings in a day many times..but never at once. I think I would have had to dilute it in water, poured most of it in a large container and put it in the fridge...but that's me...lol! ;-)

workin2005

workin2005

Awards
  • Established
You want to talk about niacin flush. Try Clout for the first time on a empty stomach. It freaked me out. The tips of my ears, arms, top of my head all tingled. Not to mention a few other places. I didn't know what was going on. That is until I fully read the label. :fool2:
I've posted this before, but thought it would be helpful here as well. A Niacin flush is a good thing and should not be confused with something harmful...it should actually be welcomed.

The niacin "flush"
It's important to note that this niacin flush is not harmful or dangerous. Some people worry about it, but it is actually a sign of improved blood flow.
When you get the niacin "flush", it's an indication that the niacin is causing small blood vessels in your body to be expanded in size. Many of your small blood vessels, called "capilaries" are so small that blood cells can only go through them in single file. Sometimes, in fact, that small capilary passageway is clogged and blood doesn't get through at all.

While the large organs of the body all have blood supplied from large arteries, a great deal of your body, particularly the parts near the skin, get their ONLY supply of blood (therefore also of oxygen and nutrients) from these small capillaries.
The niacin causes these small capilaries to expand - so they might be able to carry 2 or 3 blood cells at the same time. This is a tremendous increase in blood flow.
You experience this as a "flushing" of the skin, simply because there is more blood close to the surface of the body. As the blood flows in these areas, the cells of the small capilaries will also be getting rid of their waste products, and often they produce 'histamine' as part of this process. That histamine is another natural substance produced by every cell in the body when a cell is under attack, or is eliminating toxins. Histamine causes an 'itchy' feeling.

Workin

glsa17

Awards
  • Established
I've posted this before, but thought it would be helpful here as well. A Niacin flush is a good thing and should not be confused with something harmful...it should actually be welcomed.

The niacin "flush"
It's important to note that this niacin flush is not harmful or dangerous. Some people worry about it, but it is actually a sign of improved blood flow.
When you get the niacin "flush", it's an indication that the niacin is causing small blood vessels in your body to be expanded in size. Many of your small blood vessels, called "capilaries" are so small that blood cells can only go through them in single file. Sometimes, in fact, that small capilary passageway is clogged and blood doesn't get through at all.

While the large organs of the body all have blood supplied from large arteries, a great deal of your body, particularly the parts near the skin, get their ONLY supply of blood (therefore also of oxygen and nutrients) from these small capillaries.
The niacin causes these small capilaries to expand - so they might be able to carry 2 or 3 blood cells at the same time. This is a tremendous increase in blood flow.
You experience this as a "flushing" of the skin, simply because there is more blood close to the surface of the body. As the blood flows in these areas, the cells of the small capilaries will also be getting rid of their waste products, and often they produce 'histamine' as part of this process. That histamine is another natural substance produced by every cell in the body when a cell is under attack, or is eliminating toxins. Histamine causes an 'itchy' feeling.

Workin

Thanks a lot for the post. Very nice to know. I have since got use to the niacin flush. But it threw me for a loop the first time.

workin2005

workin2005

Awards
  • Established
Thanks a lot for the post. Very nice to know. I have since got use to the niacin flush. But it threw me for a loop the first time.
My pleasure ;-)

Workin

BigDog77

Awards
The good news is that I only had 3 servings today (not 8 at once) and those were spread out evenly throughout the day. I was anxious to try Poseidon and when I could not find the scoop I improvised and poured out an amount equal to a scoop size more relative to one from a protein powder.

I have to admit that the effects felt so far are noticeable while providing an overall good sense of well being. Poseidon is best taken on an empty stomach. I wish I had Poseidon when I was on a cycle of Superdrol. At 345lbs, it was hard to consume enough water and as a result I experienced very painful back pumps. Even worse was when I started dropping weight I got cramps in the weirdest places in my body like my feet and abs. A full on abdominal cramp is debilitating. Learn from me and stay away from PH's like Superdrol and Nitric Oxide products.

I will be using Poseidon this football season and I look forward to the benefits of keeping my body hydrated properly. No more ephedrine and loads of caffeine.

BigDog77

glsa17

Awards
  • Established
The good news is that I only had 3 servings today (not 8 at once) and those were spread out evenly throughout the day. I was anxious to try Poseidon and when I could not find the scoop I improvised and poured out an amount equal to a scoop size more relative to one from a protein powder.

I have to admit that the effects felt so far are noticeable while providing an overall good sense of well being. Poseidon is best taken on an empty stomach. I wish I had Poseidon when I was on a cycle of Superdrol. At 345lbs, it was hard to consume enough water and as a result I experienced very painful back pumps. Even worse was when I started dropping weight I got cramps in the weirdest places in my body like my feet and abs. A full on abdominal cramp is debilitating. Learn from me and stay away from PH's like Superdrol and Nitric Oxide products.

I will be using Poseidon this football season and I look forward to the benefits of keeping my body hydrated properly. No more ephedrine and loads of caffeine.

BigDog77
were do you play?

BigDog77

Awards
My real playing days are over but I still get to knock heads with the boys while I play for a semi-pro team in Chicago. Another piece of wisdom for anyone out there in AM land (especially the bigger boys)- get life insurance while you are young and don't wait like I did until you have kids and you realize that you need it. I was denied thanks to Superdrol causing high cholesterol and too much protein in my urine. Life Insurance companies underwrite you based on height and weight tables that are over 30 years old. I am a little over 6 feet tall and according to their charts, I should weigh about 180lbs. Yeah right! Get insurance when you turn 18 while the rates are very cheap and they won't go up. If you wait until you are in your 30's, the rates are a ton more and they are more strict. I have dropped 55 lbs so far and will lose about 20 more, get life insurance and bulk back up to around 290. I'll show them:)

workin2005

workin2005

Awards
  • Established

BigDog77
Good to hear your down to a normal dose! lol!

I will be watching your thread with great interest. You should notice marked improvements in your coordination, agility, stamina and speed. Please do keep us up to date! :thumbsup:

Workin

BigDog77

Awards
Workin-

Question for ya - If I stop taking Poseidon ,will my body go through withdrawls like with a dependency on caffeine?

workin2005

workin2005

Awards
  • Established
Workin-

Question for ya - If I stop taking Poseidon ,will my body go through withdrawls like with a dependency on caffeine?
Not at all...Poseidon has no thermogenic's in the formula. You WILL notice how well it was working and how much better you felt while on Poseidon. Coming off, you'll miss that feeling of vitality and increased performance, not to mention the many, MANY unseen health benefits. It's kind of like the old saying, "You don't know what you have until it's gone". All that said, you will return to feeling exactly like you did prior to taking Poseidon. No worse. Make sense?

It's the same logic used when someone looses a large amount of body fat. They realize how great they feel, and what they've been missing out on. If they gain the weight back, they won't feel any worse than they did originally, but they will have the knowledge of knowing what life was like when they weren't so heavy...and they will miss it greatly.

Ok, enough with the analogies ;-)

Workin

BigDog77

Awards
Q for Workin

I have been taking 3 servings of Poseidon daily and I don't think I am feeling the effects as much as I did when I superdosed it on accident. My question is since I weigh 292lbs. should I be taking more than a scoop per serving? If I increase the dosage to 2 scoops per serving 3X a day, will that have any negative effects or am I wasting the product?

BigDog77

workin2005

workin2005

Awards
  • Established
I have been taking 3 servings of Poseidon daily and I don't think I am feeling the effects as much as I did when I superdosed it on accident. My question is since I weigh 292lbs. should I be taking more than a scoop per serving? If I increase the dosage to 2 scoops per serving 3X a day, will that have any negative effects or am I wasting the product?

BigDog77
Hey BigDog77...thanks for your question!

You won't be waisting the product at all. At 292 lbs, you certainly should be at the high end of the recommended serving protocol. I weigh 195lbs and take at least 6 servings daily on most days...I feel like a new man since starting this! :)

I would try and dilute it with at least 8-10 ounces of water for every serving to avoid to much of a niacin flush (if they bother you) and to ensure better delivery of the synergistic ingredients in Poseidon. You also want to be sure you taking it on an empty stomach, or with something very light like a protein shake.

Let me know how this goes for you. I think you will be happy with the results. Look for our 900 gram version coming out shortly...it should allow you to save some cash.

Keep me updated :thumbsup:

Workin

workin2005

workin2005

Awards
  • Established

BigDog77
Any updates?

Workin

BigDog77

Awards
Update

I have been taking about 2 scoops per serving 4 times daily and that seemd to be working the best for me. I no longer feel the niacin flush but do experience mild itching on my hands but I do have mild eczema. I have been mixing it with Xtend (BCAA's) during my workout and have been feeling damn good. It just sucks that after dropping about 15% of my body weight, my strength has decreased by 20% but I look and feel better. It is extremely difficult to go from eating all and anything I want and benching 550-600 lbs RAW to struggling with 455-500lbs. I seemed to have plateaud at 292lbs with somewhat of a restricted diet and cardio so hopefull I can get my strength back up. I can't seem to drop any weight while I keep lifting so I take a week or two off and just do cardio and that works.

prld2gr8ns

prld2gr8ns

Idiot Savant
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Glad to see it's working for you BigDog. Mixing it with BCAA's is a great idea. Have you thought about throwing some sort of creatine and/or beta-alanine in to help with the strength conditioning? Adding that to your pre-wo Poseidon might really give you a good boost in that department. Also, as for the weightlifting and weight loss. Try to get a good body composition test, as while you might not be loosing any weight by scale your composition may very well be getting better, especially if your diet is in check as you say. I really think that weights and recomping/ looking better go hand in hand IMO. KEEP AT IT MY MAN AND DON'T LET FRUSTRATION GET YOU DOWN!!

BigDog77

Awards
I am taking Xpand by Dymatize and that is some good stuff. Slow release for pretty much all day pumps/hardness. I am looking forward to taking Powerfull and Sirplus -that should be amazing. I am not really that frustrated but like some guys can't gain weight, my body likes to be big and if I am lifing any sort of heavy weights, my metabolism slows down and I pack on pounds. I have grown to accept it. I just don't want to be an average joe in the gym.

workin2005

workin2005

Awards
  • Established
I am taking Xpand by Dymatize and that is some good stuff. Slow release for pretty much all day pumps/hardness. I am looking forward to taking Powerfull and Sirplus -that should be amazing. I am not really that frustrated but like some guys can't gain weight, my body likes to be big and if I am lifing any sort of heavy weights, my metabolism slows down and I pack on pounds. I have grown to accept it. I just don't want to be an average joe in the gym.
What do your workouts look like? Can you give me an example of one? Also, how's your diet? Clean food? Nutrient dense? If you post a typical day (diet, exercise) we may be able to pick it apart and find the best program for you....

The goal should always be to keep your ratio of waist size to Chest size getting larger (chest being the larger number obviously)...even during a bulk your looking to gain more muscle than fat. When you get time, fill me in on some of your details and I'll see what I can do to help.

Workin