Those having problems with our web site....

workin2005

workin2005

NIMBUS NUTRITION Co Founder
Awards
  • Established
I understand some people are having trouble accessing our web site. If you are one of those people, please post exacly what happens when you try and access Nimbus Nutrition- When Performance is Everything , and what kind of browser your using along with any other information you feel might help us trouble shoot the problem.

Thank's much for your help!

Workin

RedwolfWV

RedwolfWV

Awards
  • Established
I can enter your website, but once there, I can't click on any of the buttons, except for the pay pal button at the bottom of the page. I'm using Mozilla v1.5.0.9

Ziricote

Ziricote

Awards
  • Established
None of the tabs (home, product, forum links, etc) are working. I use Safari for the Mac.

Dwight Schrute

Dwight Schrute

I am faster than 80% of all snakes
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
Links don't work, the center grey panel and all the text are not visible in Firefox. You are definitely using code only compatible with IE (you use Frontpage?). Thats the problem.

EDIT: Yep, Frontpage. "<meta name="GENERATOR" content="Microsoft FrontPage 5.0">". Have to love Microsoft only creating pages compatible with another Microsoft product.

workin2005

workin2005

Awards
  • Established
Links don't work, the center grey panel and all the text are not visible in Firefox. You are definitely using code only compatible with IE (you use Frontpage?). Thats the problem.
Colden handles the tech part of the web site. I believe he uses "Front Page". I will have him look into this. Do you have any recommendations Bobo?

Thanks to all for your help!

Workin

Colden

Colden

Nimbus Nutrition Co-Founder
Awards
You are right... Only Microsoft is compatible as of now. I am working on the problem. I am looking into using macromedia, I beleive it is compatible with both.

Is anyone using IE or a microsoft based computer having trouble??

rugger48

rugger48

Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
Also even in IE, some of the words are cut off. For example under the sup facts in poseidon product page under zinc gluconate the next line is cut off. Also msrp is slashed through then say special offer and it looks like the special offer price has been cut off.

Dwight Schrute

Dwight Schrute

I am faster than 80% of all snakes
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
Colden handles the tech part of the web site. I believe he uses "Front Page". I will have him look into this. Do you have any recommendations Bobo?

Workin
Use W3C compliant HTML. Write it by hand :)

Outside Backer

Outside Backer

Awards
  • Established
In firefox I can view your site but In IE it works
I thin k I mad ethis post in a tester thread

Colden

Colden

Awards
I am currently speaking with several Hosting techs to figure out what is the best platform to construct the site. I am planning on completely changing the site this weekend and launching a new, more universal browser-friendly site. I apologize for the inconvenience but I now realize that I have been "Brain-Washed" by Microsoft and now must find and teach myself a more open minded web builder. Hopefully Monday we will have a new site that will allow everyone, not just Microsoft's chosen few, to view and navigate with ease.

We really appreciate everyones input and everyone being patient.

Zombie

Zombie

Awards
  • Established
i check the web site and like it all the links worked on internet explorer 6 and 7 the only thing that iw ould recomend that in the forum links you should put the option that the links show on a child window so that if some one click on any of those forum websites it doest use that page to display the forum and it show in another one :D

just my 2cents

Colden

Colden

Awards
i check the web site and like it all the links worked on internet explorer 6 and 7 the only thing that iw ould recomend that in the forum links you should put the option that the links show on a child window so that if some one click on any of those forum websites it doest use that page to display the forum and it show in another one :D

just my 2cents
That is a good idea. Thanks.

poison

poison

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Nothing working here. I'm on a PC, IE.

workin2005

workin2005

Awards
  • Established
Nothing working here. I'm on a PC, IE.
Thanks for the post poison...We are currently working out the details and it should be up by Monday. It's completely down this weekend...even for IE users as you point out...

We apologize GREATLY for the inconvenience. We will have the problem fixed very soon.

Thanks for you patience ;-)

Workin

workin2005

workin2005

Awards
  • Established

just my 2cents
Thanks Zombie! Great advice...we are currently working on completely redoing our entire site...we will most likely take your suggestion ;-)

Much appreciated advice my friend:goodpost:

Workin

2fresh

2fresh

Awards
I dont know if this has been posted but I use mozilla and yes the links dont work yet but make sure when youmake a web page do not make it so it goes left or right...only vertical. It's very unapealing like that and confusing.

blackheart

blackheart

Awards

Workin
Use Macromedia Dreamweaver, not Frontpage. Frontpage is just awful.

http://validator.w3.org/
This is the W3C Markup Validation Service, a free service that checks Web documents in formats like HTML and XHTML for conformance to W3C Recommendations and other standards.

Colden

Colden

Awards
Use Macromedia Dreamweaver, not Frontpage. Frontpage is just awful.

http://validator.w3.org/
This is the W3C Markup Validation Service, a free service that checks Web documents in formats like HTML and XHTML for conformance to W3C Recommendations and other standards.
Thanks for the advise. You are right. I have been using Frontpage for a long time and never noticed the bad results but I have never designed a site quite like this. I am trying to learn DreamWeaver but it is proving to much more difficult than FrontPage. I reinstated the old site but only IE users can see it. I am currently working on a new site for all browsers but the learning curve for Dreamweaver is going to take more than a few days. Thanks again for the comment.

workin2005

workin2005

Awards
  • Established

just my 2cents
I tried to PM you Zombie, but was unable to for some reason...anyway, here is what I was attempting to send:

"Thanks so much for your generous contributions and attempts to help us out. We currently have the site back up with 'Front Page' and a link to download IE for those that can't view it. We have decided to learn Dream Weaver, and then create the site using it, once we have it mastered."

Thanks again for all your efforts! Much appreciated my friend!

Workin

poison

poison

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Obviously, it's back up, but I can't read the ingredients on the Posiedon page. Any way you guys could start a thread here and post the info up?

workin2005

workin2005

Awards
  • Established

ItsHectic

Awards
  • Established
wow the website works in IE, its like a diffrent site all together in firefox, no links worked on the mainpage, some images were squished, barely any content showed up.

workin2005

workin2005

Awards
  • Established
wow the website works in IE, its like a diffrent site all together in firefox, no links worked on the mainpage, some images were squished, barely any content showed up.
Thanks for your comment ItsHectic (great name BTW;-),

We are currently looking into correcting the problem. We hope to have a completely new site up shortly. Until the problem is corrected, our site will only be able to be properly viewed using IE. I apologize for the inconvenience. Our web designer only knows the program "Front Page". Unfortunately, we didn't realize it was only compatible with
Microsoft. :frustrate
He is now giving himself a "crash course" on "Dream Weaver", which is compatible with everything....so I'm told ;-)

We are also looking into out sourcing to someone to expedite the process. I appreciate your patience with us!

BTW...did I mention Nutra Planet should be starting a Pre-Sale on Poseidon very, very shortly? Thought I would end on a good note ;-) :dance:

Workin