Nimbus SWELL Official Review Thread.

tims03redfire

Awards

Well this brings my SWELL and BLAST log to an end.

I just want to say I THOROUGHLY enjoyed both of these products and will DEFINITELY be buying again, no doubt about it.

Some of the biggest things that I noticed were:

(1) Endurance/Energy in the gym - This was probably the most prominent, my workouts have been killer lately and I have even set some PR's which is great. I just felt like I had to make myself leave the gym, which isn't common. The BLAST really got me in the zone and ready to tear it up in the gym.

(2) Hydration - I felt so good during my workouts during this log. It was great. Just a clean great feeling. (def. the poseidon inclusion in both formulas)

(3) Energy Levels out of the gym: This is something I LOVED, I honestly felt great all day as well as slept very very well at night....probably the poseidon again here, but I think some of the SWELL ingredients were involved too.

Just wanna thank Aaron and everyone over at Nimbus for making yet 2 more phenomenal products for us all to enjoy. Keep up the good work guys!!

tims03redfire

Awards

[size=+2]Final Review[/size]

Well I'm kind of sad that it's over. I'd like to again thank Nimbus and its reps for giving me this opportunity and tuning in. Well here it goes...

Taste - 7/10 - This product does taste really watered down to me. I would recommend at least doubling the flavor potency maybe? Tastes pleasant from what I can tell.

Mixability - 9.9/10 - As noted before, mixes very well with just 30 seconds of shaking. Just the smallest amount of foamy sediment at the top.

Pumps/Vascularity - 9/10 - I didn't even expect this product to do much for pumps, and definitely didn't expect it to compare to NO products, but it does! I had great pumps, and some freaky vascularity.

Endurance/Recovery - 10/10 - During this log, I never felt "spent" by the end of my workouts, even when sick. My muscles never seemed to burn quite as bad, and I never had any serious DOMS, even after steady weight increases. I always felt ready to throw some weight around by my next workout.

Strength - 7.5/10 - While this product does not contain any creatine, I felt that I should include a strength rating. Because my performance indeed felt optimized, I had steady strength increases throughout this log. I know it's not necessarily a product for strength, but I do feel it helped.

Cost - 7/10 - Although this product does contain alot of quality ingredients, I usually don't like to spend more than $30 for a month supply of any product. I really like the posiedon complex, but am not sure I want to pay extra money for Leucine and Arginine AKG. I have however, already placed an order for Posiedon BA to continue to use!

Overall - 9/10 - I really enjoyed using this product! This is a product I definitely hope to be using again in the future if my wallet gets a little fatter. If the flavor became a little stronger, and the price dropped a little, SWELL would definitely become a permanent staple in my supplement regimen. As I have said, I already purchased more of the Posiedon Complex with Beta-Alanine. My performance truly felt optimized during this last month. SWELL does everything it claims to do, and does it WELL!

tims03redfire

Awards

Mixability: 5/10

If you have ever used any bcaa product, or strait leucine powdered product I suppose, than you know what your in for, which is a strange film floating over the top that does not fully dissolve with a glass and spoon. This is not a big deal, and a few refills of your glass will get all the powder. If this does bother the user, mixing in a shaker cup always worked great with Swell and other supps containing leucine (xtend, ice, etc)

Taste: 8/10

A light, but very refreshing citrus. Initially I preferred body octanes citrus flavor, but after a tub its a tie. The two are flavored very differently, but for any BO users, know that Swell's taste grows on you quickly, unlike many supps which get tiring after time.

It was nice to see this not overly sweetened.

Strength: 7/10

Strength certainly went up slightly from week to week (as is expected with good nutrition and training), but it did not match gains from creatine products, I would say Swell and First Order are very similar in terms of strength gain.

Endurance: 9/10

Most noticeable effect behind energy, I was playing extra games of basketball, had a good run on my 10k and was able to not only gain reps on many lifts, but actually add extra sets. Swell edges out First Order in the endurance department in IMO.

Energy 10/10

The energy from Swell is far more useful than the focus aspect of First Order in my opinion. The high amounts of b-vitamins and rest of the poseidon complex is amazing. For those of us who dont use stims your expectations will be surpassed. Reminds me of slight stim usage yrs back in terms of rejuvenating me and picking me up mid- day or before a workout.

Overall: 8/10

I preferred Swell to First Order, but not drastically, as both were very beneficial supplements, see my earlier post on the twos unique selling points in order to decide which of the two you would benefit from the most.

Special Thanks

I would like to thank both Bodywell and Nimbus Nutrition for the opportunity, both companies are a class act.

tims03redfire

Awards

Final Review

Taste: 8.0/10
This one took me some time to get used to. I followed the directions to mix with 16-20oz of water and was pleasently surprised by the nice citrus taste, but it was just too dilute and weak to leave any impact. I used less water, and still it had a nice flavor, but too weak to really get a good taste. I finally started just putting 2 scoops in my mouth and chugging some water, swigging it around and mixing it in my mouth. I used to do this as a kid with chocolate syrup and milk, but this really made the taste of SWELL exponentially better and stronger. Faster delivery of the nutrients too!

COMPARISON: CORE ABC had a much better taste too it as it was stronger and had a kool-aid like taste to it. Nimbus was a little weak in water but managed alright when taken straight in the mouth. I would much rather drink the CORE ABC as it was sweet and delicious. Overall, I like the CORE ABC, Xtend, and SWELL flavors in that order.

Mixability: 8/10
Meh, it mixed well with the 20oz of water, some clumpage but a few more shakes and it was liquified nicely. The only reason I didn't give it higher was because it did fizz up a little bit and get that carbonated and bubbly effect in the shaker. Overall, when I did mix it in water, it dissolved completely with 30 seconds of shaking.

COMPARISON: All 3 (ABC, Xtend, SWELL) have similar mixabilities to me. They usually dissolve very well if shaken for about 20-30 seconds with some leftover clumpage that can easily be taken care of with another few shakes and leaving it to sit for a few minutes. SWELL did mix better than the other 2 when I mixed in less water and has a much finer powder, which leads me to say that their mixability was a little better.

Impact: 8.5/10
I really enjoyed taking this product right when I woke up as well as pre-workout due to the nice energy boost/jolt that it gave me. Each morning dose got the day off strong and gave me some great energy in the morning when i was feeling sluggish. Pre-workout was good too as it gave me a great pump from the arginine and an energy boost from the high dose b-vitamins. I really saw a great effect with musculature endurance, recovery time, and lactic buffering. In some of my higher rep trianing and HIIT, this was clearly evident as my endurance was through the roof on these which was very nice!

COMPARISON: Well, SWELL is pre-workout and ABC and Xtend are intra-workout so there is slight difference when comparing impact. I really like the Beta-Alanine dosage in SWELL and ABC although there is no exact amount labeled in SWELL. I really felt the great benefits from the pre-workout energy boost SWELL gave me as it also had a good lasting effect through the workout. I would say ABC was the better impact on my training because having something intra-workout was much more beneficial as my training is very intense and needs some intra-BCAA supplementation. I like how each ingredient is dosed in ABC but there is no arginine, which is the one thing that I did like about SWELL. The arginine gave me a nice pump that Xtend nor ABC had. Overall, ABC made more of an overall impact by a slight margin, but I would utilize both for their proper situations.

Overall: 8/10
I really enjoyed the energy and pump that SWELL provided for me. The morning dose was exactly what I needed to start the day, and the pre-workout dose gave me a nice smooth energy boost before my workout and long lasting pumps! For the price and dosage, I would say that there are better options out there for what it does, but nonetheless I would love to use this supplement again in a less tested situation where I could use it when I needed the energy boost and if I could also have a few scoops of intra-BCAA's as well.

OVERALL COMPARISON: If I had to choose between these supplements, I would probably choose CORE ABC as it has specifically portioned and well dosed BCAA's, beta-alanine, and citrulline mallate. I like the energy and pump that SWELL gave me but personally I enjoy a good intra-workout cocktail that provides all of the bcaa's (not just leucine). ABC is a winner over Xtend as well as their inclusion of Beta-Alanine takes them over the top. I really appreciated this opportunity and think that Nimbus makes some quality supplements that can be utilized in many situations!​

tims03redfire

Awards

[size=+1]First of all I want to say thank you to Nimbus Nutrition for allowing me the opportunity to test their product. I was extremely excited when I learned that I was chosen since this was my first sponsored log and also my first experience with any kind of pre-workout formula.

I am going to rate SWELL on the many components that it is advertised for based on a ten point scale.
[/size]

Energy: 8.5/10, I usually have pretty good energy when I go to the gym so I didn't know what to expect from the product or if I would be able to notice a difference. When consuming SWELL on an empty stomach in the mornings there was a slight boost in energy, but nothing major. Before training the same slight boost of energy could be felt, which was pronounced if the tingling effect from the beta-alanine was present.

The real energy boost came throughout the day. I felt little drowsiness in class, even the longer ones that push three hours and can be very boring. This was a surprise for me because most of the time I have to pinch myself to stay awake if I find myself drifting off.

Endurance: 10/10, This is where SWELL REALLY shines. On days when I workout larger muscle groups, I.e. chest, legs, back, I often find myself tapering off towards the ends of the workouts, this was not the case at all when using SWELL. I found it very hard to leave the gym although I knew my workout was over. My energy levels at the end of my workouts always matched or were greater than when I first began training that day. This is by far the most beneficial aspect of the product!

Pump/Vascularity: 7/10, Since this was my first experience with any type of Nitric Oxide product I didn't know what to expect in terms of results and how fast I would begin to see them. I was hoping after a few servings I would just balloon up and start to resemble Big Ron in all the BSN ads. Sadly, this was not the case. I felt that the NO aspect of SWELL took the longest to procure any noticeable increase from. I do not have a problem getting a good pump when I train, so I was interested in how this would be affected. Toward the end of the log my pumps did start lasting a bit longer and were more pronounced. Vascularity also increased more at the end of my log, but was still not extraordinary.

Muscle Fatigue: 9.5/10, This was another really good aspect of SWELL; before the lactic acid buildup when training certain bodyparts would often force me to cut the set short although I was still physically capable of pushing out a few more reps. When using SWELL lactic acid buildup was not a problem at all, in fact, looking back I can't remember cutting a set short because of a deep burn, as was common prior to starting the log.

Recovery: 9/10, The soreness is still present after training, but I didn't expect it to go away, I welcome it and use it as a gauge for my workouts. I never really understood what DOMS meant before using SWELL but now I do. Prior to starting the log, the soreness in the muscle group I had previously worked would get progressively worse for a few days and would taper off after that, hindering some workouts that involved the same muscle group. When using SWELL, there was no increase in the amount of soreness in the muscle. The day after was the worst, but nothing extreme, just a regular soreness and after that there would be almost no soreness in the muscle.

Taste: 8/10, The taste was slightly salty when I first tried it and the citrus flavoring was almost undetectable, like watered down lemon water. I soon got used to the taste with 2 level scoops in 16 ounces of water. About 20 days into the log I upped the dosage to three scoops in 16 ounces of water and the taste improved a lot. The citrus taste was still not very noticeable but it was not as salty tasting as it was before.

To avoid any kind of stomach problems I suggest giving SWELL a few minutes to rest after you've shaken it up and consume it over about 3-4 minutes. I made the mistake of mixing it rapidly and immediately chugging it down on the way to the gym with some slight nausea afterwards, but I still got my workout in.

Mixability: 10/10, Easy as pie to mix up, what more can I say?

Overall 9/10, All I can say is that I wish I were not running a log following this one or I would purchase another jug of SWELL to continue testing for a 60 day period since the results seem to be cumulative. Thanks again to Nimbus Nutrition for allowing me the opportunity to be a tester.

tims03redfire

Awards

SO after a month of using swell here are some likes and dislikes what id change etc.

Pro's

great formula, im a big fan of posiedon and hydration is so key little people realize how diff the body acts when its fully charged. and CM is just an awesome addition to it.

Endurance and quick recovery, On my power days i typically rest about 3 min in between sets but by the 1.5 min mark i felt like i could go again but i really had to hold off for full rest

On rep range and shock weeks it was nice to have the quick recovery. It didnt help very much in terms of increasing reps I still felt the burn toward the top of the rep range but the recovery to start again within seconds was very appearent.

Pump was great and long lasting, waking up in the AM and being veiny is nice

Next day recovery DOMS was very limited even on leg day where DOMS can crippled me for a few days within a day or soi felt fine and was prob fully recovered within 3 days atleast that is how my body felt

Alot of servings. I boosted My servings per day and frequency this isnt just a 30 day product this can last 2-3 months easily very good bang for the buck

great to stack with pretty much anything. I ran it with my current line up and ill be taking it into my MMV2 3-ad stack starting up right now

CONS VERY FEW

Flavor I applaud Nimbus for trying to flavor it but its a very weak orange kind of like a orange koolaid packet in 5 gallons of water. But it does make for a great addition to gatorade or any other juice

IMO i think adding a 3rd scoop or another dose in the day for 3 total servings makes the product that much more effecting

overall this product makes sense to have and to take daily. Not only does it back up its claims. But Its just a quality product and a large amount for what u pay

it gets my seal of approval

tims03redfire

Awards

[size=+2]
NIMBUS SWELL​
[/size]

Been running an unsponsored log of Swell for 2 months. Here is my take on the product

Why Swell?

Well I really like the Poseidon complex and was in need of a helping hand in regards to getting over some sticking points in my training which is mostly body weight and gymnastic ring training. The experiment was to try and run Swell as a stand alone supp to see if I could improve performance without breaking the bank and running multiple supps. In this time I used Source Naturals Life Force Multi when I remembered and basically cut out all other protein supps ( had MRM Meta meal probably around 4 times in 2 months). Also dosed Nimbus Blast as required ( went through 1 tub in 2 months ) and in the later stages Poseidon before bed. For early morning workouts on an empty stomach I added a scoop or two of Gatorade powder for some carbs.

Taste

First tub I had was unflavoured. The second was the new citrus orange flavour and have to admit I was happy to add a flavouring system after downing a neutral shake for a month. Citrus Orange was a mild flavour which wasn't very strong or very sweet. I found it refreshing but then I don't like supps that taste like syrup. I imagine it could easily be mixed with other supps without fear of overpowering other flavours. I certainly couldn't taste it when I added a bit of Gatorade Powder.

Ingredients

I believe the key ingredients you are getting are around 1.6g BA, 1g CM, Poseidon Complex ( 3.1 grams if I recall correctly ), AAKG ( don't know how much), and 3 g Leucine. Maybe some reps can tell me if I am in the right ball park with the amounts in the proprietry blend. Some people will argue this is underdosed and I do not have the knowledge to refute or verify this. My experiment was to be based on results and I believe they show that these doses are indeed effective.

Also I was initially unsure as to whether or not I liked the AAKG or the Leucine and stated so in another thread. I find I do not care about the pump right up until the point that I get one and then I dig it. Got some awesome vascularity with Swell which I wasn't really expecting, and the Leucine obviously helped with DOMS because I didn't really get any even though I wasn't taking any whey etc.

Results

As I said I am basing this on performance and observation, not muscle gain. I used some benchmark excercises and logged reps. Some results as follows;

Higher rep excercises went through the roof;

Chinups - on the armstrong chinup program I went from a one set max ( full ROM ) of 15 to 26 ( PR ) in under four weeks, with jumps of four reps in one week, and 5 the following.
Handstand pushups went from 8 to 19 (PR)
One Arm Pushups went from 12 to 29 each arm!(PR)
Ring dips from 15 to 23(PR)
V-ups from 24 to 37 (PR)
Ab wheel rollouts ( knees full extension) from 15 to 30 (PR)

Lower rep excercises progressed but not as profound, some still more than doubled e.g ;

Ring Dips hands 45degrees forward from 2 to 5 (PR)
Rings Catskinners from 5 to 11 (PR)

Some of the core movements and L-sit variations did not change much at all.

Verdict

All in all a great product with a bit of everything. I found it really shined in the higher rep range and endurance excercises. Got great pumps, limited DOMS and PR's so no complaints here. Will be runing Vendetta shortly and then most likely try a Swell pre and Core ABC intra and see how that goes. Definitely recommend Swell and hope to hear more feedback about this product from others.

Cheers!

tims03redfire

Awards

I went straight from 1 BA product into swell, and with swell the tingles came back (could just mean there is more BA in them per serving). I have faith in the results from BA, so I'm not too concerned with trying to log my results directly, hence a mini review.

mixability: 7/10

It takes a while to mix in, but it eventually does almost completely. I'd say a shaker bottle is a good approach.

Taste:

I have a hard time giving this a number. On one hand, I love the fact it isn't flavored. I don't enjoy drinking sweeteners, and chemical flavoring systems. On the other hand, you can taste the CM in it, and it isn't very pleasant. I can imagine some people having to add flavor to it, but I have no problem drinking it.

I'm going to give it an 9/10.

effects: BA + CM + luceine + poseidon = win

Not going to give a score, but I think it should be obvious this is a winner.

I'm very happy with swell, I would recommend it to anyone.

tims03redfire

Awards

Swell Final Review

Again, would like to thank prld2gr8ns and Nimbus Nutrition for the opportunity to test out Swell. I'll rate from a scale of 1 - 10 how I felt Swell affected me and my workouts, endurance etc...

6/10 Strength - Since Swell isn't really directed for strength gains, I wasn't expecting it to do anything in this department. I will say that I've lost 8lbs while running Swell (198 to 190) and my strength hasn't dropped any. I relate this to the increased oxygen delivery to muscles, protein synthesis and increased muscle recovery properties of Swell.

7/10 Bodyweight/Body Comp - Again, I dropped 8lbs while running Swell. While I think my diet played the biggest role in this aspect, I believe Swell assisted in the weight-room and cardio. It helped me push a little harder in the gym and with that a few extra calories burnt.

8/10 Pumps & Vascularity - OK, now we're getting into areas where Swell directly attributed. While I didn't notice a whole lot in pumps at the beginning, after about 10-14 days, the pumps started getting prevalent. By midway through the bottle to the end of the run pumps were intense and veins were popping out of my arms and shoulders. For higher rep exercises (10 reps or up) pumps were almost painful (but in a good way :head:).

6.5/10 Focus - This was good but not great. For me it seemed to be on/off. Some days it was awesome and some days I just wanted to talk and watch tv instead of working out. This could be just my mentality for the day, but it's what I experienced.

10/10 Endurance - By far the best aspect of Swell. I'm 34 years old playing ball with guys in college and mid 20's. Actually I'm the oldest guy on the team, but at the end of the game, besides one other guy on the team (who's 19 and runs like a deer) we were the only ones that seemed to still have our legs under us. We both are running just as strong up and down the floor at the end of the game as the beginning. I'm very pleased with this property of Swell.

9/10 Energy - Another great property of Swell. This runs a close second to the endurance factor. Swell didn't give me ephedrine type energy but a nice mental & physical lift perse. It was very sublte but noticeble. Didn't have any jitters or anything like that, but had the urge to just get up and do something.

8.5/10 Mood - Really like this part of Swell too. I think it went hand in hand with the energy aspect. It kept me in a good mood all day. I'm more of an introvert naturally and keep to myself, but I noticed I was more open to speaking with strangers and just being in a cheerful mood.

One last thing I forgot to note. I believe it boosts your immune system as well. I have a 5 year old daughter who is constantly bringing home a new sickness. Usually she gives it to my wife and my wife gives it to me. It's just a constant rotation at our house, but while on Swell, I made it through 3 rounds of colds and didn't catch any of them.

Overall I really enjoyed my Swell experience. I think it would benefit anyone looking for better endurance. So, would I buy Swell again, Yes I would. I would purchase it while I'm trying to cut because I seem to get a little cranky with low carbs and Swell kept me in a good mood. Plus I really loved the extra energy and endurance it gave me in the gym. I would also recommend Swell for anyone participating in sporting activities as the endurance is outstanding.

tims03redfire

Awards

I got 2 samples of swell in my last NP order, so I decided to try 1 pre-cardio, and 1 pre-regular workout. today was precardio. I always do cardio fasted. Today sucked super extra as I guess 1.5g of phenibut was a bit too much last nite, and I woke up groggy, plus it was late as the alarm didnt go off. I realy didn't feel like cardio :)

I mixed up swell with Propel berry flavor drink mix, plus added 20g BCAA and 10g glutamine. One thing I noticed is that the BCAAs went into solution very nicely. this rarely happens :) I still haven't figured it out, it may be acorbic acid? Also the swell must have contributed slightly to the taste, and I liked it (as it didn't taste like the Propel normally does alone)

Once I started drinking it, the phenibut hangover started to fade rapidly. I ended up doing just 30 minutes on the precor crossramp at pretty high intensity intervals, and only stopped there as it was getting late and I needed to get to work. I think I liked swell better than blast. We'll see how the second swell goes on tomorrows strength workout. Todays was good enough that i'm seriously considering ordering a bottle tomorrow :)
Took it preworkout today, had pretty well similar results. Very nice rebound between sets, felt good at the end of workout, did 20 minutes of cardio at the end, still had energy to go more (well maybe not more on an elliptical, my thighs were sore). Nice stuff!

tims03redfire

Awards

ok this isnt a log or really in depth review.......I won this product in an online contest and just recieved it today.....used product before my leg workout tonight....

first thing first, i was ABSOLUTLY SHOCKED by how well this stuff mixes in water, absolutly no powder or left suspended at all. :eek: and this has 3 grams of leucine per serving! flavor was almost non existant, i tasted a bit off my finger and it had a fruity sour taste to it, mixed in water couldnt taste it at all.

on to the workout, granted this was my first dose (so take anything said with caution as it might not be the product, ill update more after a week or so of use) i felt a ton of energy and motivation and felt that i could do more exercises had i wanted to. after my leg workout i jumped on eliptical for 20 minutes burning 323 calories, this is my usual protocol after i lift but leg day i usually am only able to do 10 minutes or so.

so far im loving this product and will see how im liking it in a week or so, this may be my new pre-workout supp :D
took another dose today before workout.......still shocked about how well it mixes.....today was super tired in the gym, still good workout though.
been using it pre workout only for a while now and LOVE the stuff! definatly feel i can workout longer and stronger with it. i really like the lack of flavoring, as i dont get sick of it at all...