my posieden turned into a brick

witt51

witt51

Awards
  • Established
ok i got my posieden the other day its like a brick. i have to shove a knife into it just to break it up a little bit. I have the smaller size bottle. Does the bigger one clump like this? cause i am thinking about tossing the other one and buying the bigger bottle if it doesnt turn into a brick also.

Iron Lungz

Iron Lungz

Banned
Awards
  • Established
ok i got my posieden the other day its like a brick. i have to shove a knife into it just to break it up a little bit. I have the smaller size bottle. Does the bigger one clump like this? cause i am thinking about tossing the other one and buying the bigger bottle if it doesnt turn into a brick also.
Welcome to the brick club, man.
The problem is with the 450 tubs (for me atleast).
Contact whomever you bought it from and tell them. Nutra as replaced several of mine. Sadly, though, it was with another brick.
I have yet to have a problem with the 900 tubs.

bolt10

bolt10

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
I believe its an issue with the absorption packets in the smaller tubs. Contact where ever you bought it from and if need be you can always get in contact with Rich(goes by Colden on the forums) Sorry for the dilemma :(

witt51

witt51

Awards
  • Established
thanks guys. i got it from A1supplements. i will see waht they say.

G

gmc4180

Awards
  • Established
Guys, would keeping the Poseidon in the fridge help with the clumping/hardening problem? I assume it changes color and hardens due to moisture. Correct?

E

ersatz

Awards
  • Established
Guys, would keeping the Poseidon in the fridge help with the clumping/hardening problem? I assume it changes color and hardens due to moisture. Correct?

It would reduce absolute humidity so one would be inclined to think that the reduction in moisture would result in less clumping. I've had zero issues with the big container, FWIW.

A

AE14

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
I also have not had too many issues with the larger container. I have found, for the most part that there is little to no clumping. I would think the fridge might be ok, I willhave to check into it

Force of Green

Force of Green

Awards
  • Established
I ALSO HAVE A BRICK! I gotta bring my tub back to the store. I was hacking at it with a butcher knife today and I scored 3 scoops worth!

ryanp81

ryanp81

Awards
  • Established
Should I junk my packet that's in my smaller tub???....I've noticed that I'm getting little brown "beads"

DAdams91982

DAdams91982

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
I had a tub in the fridge for a few months.. had to throw it out because it turned strait up brown/black and rancid. Not a pretty sight. Sucks because I only used a few scoops out of it.

Adams

Iron Lungz

Iron Lungz

Banned
Awards
  • Established
I had a tub in the fridge for a few months.. had to throw it out because it turned strait up brown/black and rancid. Not a pretty sight. Sucks because I only used a few scoops out of it.

Adams
I calculated that I had to throw out $230 because of this problem this year. It sucks royally! :(

A

AE14

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
is everyone working with the smaller container or has anyone had the 880?

edit: sent an email to corporate to see what other suggestions that they might have

DAdams91982

DAdams91982

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established

edit: sent an email to corporate to see what other suggestions that they might have
Mine was the smaller one... just sucks.

Adams

Iron Lungz

Iron Lungz

Banned
Awards
  • Established

I actually spoke to a few reps 6-7 months back and was told to contact the place that I purchased it. (Nutra Planet) always tried to help me out, so kudos to them. But it gets old having to pay double shipping for replacements every month - so I just stopped buying them.

Mine were both the smaller and larger containers.

ryanp81

ryanp81

Awards
  • Established
Consider poseidon like plutonium: handle with care ( well, not that extreme ) Im extremely cautious when scooping out poseidon, making sure nothing contacts moisture, including the scoop. It seems that there is no flaws with batch consistency.The vendors should be responsible. It's pretty much common sense that if there's a container and it's hard as a rock, that the person receiving it is not going to be happy. The audacity sometimes. If any of these problems get addressed to Workin or Colden they will take care of it, Nimbus is squared away......btw $230, jeez that just sucks bro.

Maybe for the time being, Nimbus will just focus on the 900grm containers.

Iron Lungz

Iron Lungz

Banned
Awards
  • Established
......btw $230, jeez that just sucks bro.
That includes having to pay to ship the product back. And to be honest here, when I brought this problem up months back, it was like no big deal. So, my money will go else where now.

Force of Green

Force of Green

Awards
  • Established
I am still chizzling some of it out. It is the small size, but it says 'New & Improved'. Nimbus Nutrition has been nothing but outstanding with me as far as customer service and generosity though.

Iron Lungz

Iron Lungz

Banned
Awards
  • Established
I am still chizzling some of it out. It is the small size, but it says 'New & Improved'. Nimbus Nutrition has been nothing but outstanding with me as far as customer service and generosity though.
I guess it varies from person to person.
I'm done, here.

A

AE14

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Just to clarify, and directly from corporate:

make sure that the moisture packs and the top seal are on the container. Please keep in mind if the top seal is removed, then it can have adverse effects

DAdams91982

DAdams91982

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Just to clarify, and directly from corporate:

make sure that the moisture packs and the top seal are on the container. Please keep in mind if the top seal is removed, then it can have adverse effects
As in left off the lid? That I have never done.

Adams

A

AE14

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
As in left off the lid? That I have never done.

Adams
My assumption based on the reply was that the moisture packs(must be in) and the top must be sealed tightly between uses. Also as was mentioned before, if the scooper touches water, it can cause issue as well I have faced that myself on many occassions

DAdams91982

DAdams91982

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
My assumption based on the reply was that the moisture packs(must be in) and the top must be sealed tightly between uses. Also as was mentioned before, if the scooper touches water, it can cause issue as well I have faced that myself on many occassions
Well I never throw a moisture pack away, but I know that didnt happen. And tops are always screwed on.

Eh oh well... you live you learn. Just to touchy for me.

Adams

Force of Green

Force of Green

Awards
  • Established
I just opened mine up for the first time and was like, "oh wow. Would ya look at that." It was just totally unbreakable. The point of my 30 dollar knife actually bent a little. Then again, it wasn't one of those knives that you see some guy cutting a leather boot with on late night infomercials ;)

A

AE14

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
so we might need the miracle blade?

Wanderlei

Wanderlei

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
Should I junk my packet that's in my smaller tub???....I've noticed that I'm getting little brown "beads"
I wouldn't as it would only exacerbate the problem. Perhaps transferring it to a mason jar or something else that is air-tight. I've never had any of the problems described but I've only ever used the 880g containers.

Anyone have pictures of their solidified tub? If you return it to the vendor and still get a solidified tub let me know. Hell send it to me and I'll let you have one of my sealed 880g tubs.

If anyone feels that the matter was not resolved to their satisfaction please contact me. I'll see if we can't amicably resolve the problem even if I have to send my personal stash out.

Trauma1

Trauma1

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Mine was the smaller one... just sucks.

Adams
I had that happen with a smaller one as well. I love poseidon though. I picked up the big one, so i'll see how it goes. :D

moklepaul

moklepaul

Awards
  • Established
Same thing happened to me with all the smaller tubs. Neurostim was a problem for me too back in the day. In the end it became more trouble than it was worth to try to break of a dose every time...

Iron Lungz

Iron Lungz

Banned
Awards
  • Established
I wouldn't as it would only exacerbate the problem. Perhaps transferring it to a mason jar or something else that is air-tight. I've never had any of the problems described but I've only ever used the 880g containers.

Anyone have pictures of their solidified tub? If you return it to the vendor and still get a solidified tub let me know. Hell send it to me and I'll let you have one of my sealed 880g tubs.

If anyone feels that the matter was not resolved to their satisfaction please contact me. I'll see if we can't amicably resolve the problem even if I have to send my personal stash out.
This would have been nice, say, 6 months ago.
Pictures? I asked the person that I spoke with if I should take a picture and post it. Yeah, that went over really well.
I don't make it a habit to keep containers around my house for months. What's the need for that?
I only wish that I would have just started a thread and posted about my issues in the open instead of in private. Maybe then something would have been done.
And the last thing that I'm going to do is pay more shipping to send another container anywhere.
But thanks for the offer.

Good luck to all. I really hope this problem gets rectified.

DAdams91982

DAdams91982

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
I had that happen with a smaller one as well. I love poseidon though. I picked up the big one, so i'll see how it goes. :D
Wish I knew the full extent. I dropped $30 on it, and it went rancid. Just to sensitive to try again. I've had better luck with bulk CM.

Adams

LilJeremy

LilJeremy

Banned
Awards
This thread has def made me not want to buy any powdered supplements from there.

Does it have anything to do with the b-vitamins? I asked this cause my NOW B-complex caps are really starting to stink and harden up within the bottle. :jaw:

Just a thought and observation.

LilJeremy

LilJeremy

Banned
Awards
It wasn't just Nutra. I had the same situation occur with a container bought elsewhere.
No I wasn't referring to nutraplanet at all, not sure how you got that. I was talking about Nimbus's products.

Trauma1

Trauma1

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
No I wasn't referring to nutraplanet at all, not sure how you got that. I was talking about Nimbus's products.
Outside that one small container of poseidon that was clumped, everything i've bought and used from nimbus has been outstanding. I'm sure they've fixed the issues that they've had with the poseidon.

I have a new large tub on the way, so i'll let you know how it turns out. I've bought their "swell" a few times and never had any problems there.

LilJeremy

LilJeremy

Banned
Awards
Outside that one small container of poseidon that was clumped, everything i've bought and used from nimbus has been outstanding. I'm sure they've fixed the issues that they've had with the poseidon.

I have a new large tub on the way, so i'll let you know how it turns out. I've bought their "swell" a few times and never had any problems there.
Ok thats cool then. Swell was the product that I was looking into trying.

Hopefully they can fix the problem cause they def have interesting products.

Chub

Chub

Awards
  • Established
my small tub of poseidon is fine :)

Trauma1

Trauma1

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Just got in the 880 gram tub.

All is well, gentlemen! :)

Force of Green

Force of Green

Awards
  • Established
Any chance of getting that larger sized Poseidon sent to me? I've been chizzling away and I've went through 4 razorblades to get 7 or 8 scoops worth of Poseidon shrapnel. lol

ryanp81

ryanp81

Awards
  • Established
Force, you better get the jack-hammer for that tub!

I'm done with the small tubs. This is my 10th tub of 440grms and no more, it started getting the "moisture funk" halfway threw using the canister, it's now 880 tubs from now on.

Chub

Chub

Awards
  • Established
My small tub has been fine and i'm almost finished yet. I've been putting wet fingers in it and everything lol. Still fine!

My big tub should be here in 3 days!!

A

AE14

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
good to here chub, it seems the problem was more associated with the 440 than the 880

DAdams91982

DAdams91982

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Im still confused on how the 880 tub doesnt have an issue, but the 440 does? If it's the same product I am hurting for answers.

I am sure the quality control for the plastic tubs are the same, so the only difference is less product. So in theory as you get near the halfway end of the 880, does it not brick up then?

If the 440 has so many issues.... why sell it?

Force of Green

Force of Green

Awards
  • Established
Force, you better get the jack-hammer for that tub!

I'm done with the small tubs. This is my 10th tub of 440grms and no more, it started getting the "moisture funk" halfway threw using the canister, it's know 880 tubs from now on.
I bought an ice pick from the hardware store along with a mallet.

crader

crader

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
Not sure what size tub I have it looks like a smaller one. But mine is perfectly fine. So far so good. I'm really enjoying it. I'm going to work my way up in dosing for the skin and energy and overall health benefits.

Force of Green

Force of Green

Awards
  • Established
Not sure what size tub I have it looks like a smaller one. But mine is perfectly fine. So far so good. I'm really enjoying it. I'm going to work my way up in dosing for the skin and energy and overall health benefits.
I love it too. That's the only reason I'd be working so hard to get at it. It's like mining for gold ;)

Force of Green

Force of Green

Awards
  • Established
I am still chizzling. I have not gotten very far, but I am growing tired of hacking away at the brick with various sharp tools.