Swell: Shake Well or Else!

  1. Exclamation Swell: Shake Well or Else!


    So I've been going through my container of swell since August, Steveo is lighting up with JP8 (And recomping with Recreate) . I've had some irregularities, 2 of my scoops are only 4.7g, while the label claims 9g


    Seeing as how I've been using it for almost 80 days, and atleast 1x/day, I thought I was adjusting properly by doing 2 heaping scoops, but it seems like I've been underdosing it.

    The real reason for this post is what happened this morning; I took my usual 2 heaping scoops and within 10 minutes I was experiencing such a bad niacin flush I would compare it to being covered in poison ivy. He knees became so red, itchy and inflamed that it was almost difficult to straighten my knee. Luckily this only lasted an hour, but I had been noticing similar but milder effects over the last few days. The only reason I can think of is a massive does of niacin; how you ask? I believe the niacin has settled to the bottom of my swell container.

    I was going to post up a final review of SWELL for you, but it seems I haven't been taking the proper doses/ingredients, so that might explain my lack of response to this product. I might be trying it again in the future or Poseidon depending on Colden's Test thread.

    I don't mean to turn customers away from NN in any way, I just want everybody to realize that you 1. You Should check your scooper size and 2. YOU MUST SHAKE YOUR SWELL (or atleast stir)

    Here's two pics of today's fun: (They don't do it justice, but it was memorable to say the least lol. I wonder how being covered in fire ants would compare). It appears even my chin was red



  2. I am sorry to hear that the flush was that severe. How has your water intake been up until this point?

    I personally never notice any major issue with swell/flushing. However with poseidon watch out.

    I do notice however, that the more I drink, the effects lessen consistently
    TEAM GET DIESEL

    GET DIESEL NUTRITION | SINCE 2002 | GETDIESEL.COM
    Like us on Facebook: GET DIESEL Facebook Page

  3. Quote Originally Posted by Reaper329 View Post
    I am sorry to hear that the flush was that severe. How has your water intake been up until this point?

    I personally never notice any major issue with swell/flushing. However with poseidon watch out.

    I do notice however, that the more I drink, the effects lessen consistently
    That probably added to it then. I took it on an empty stomach in the morning with barely any water, but it knocked the socks off anything I had ever felt lol. I'll try just one scoop with lots of water until I finish off the tub.
    •   
       


  4. let me know how it goes
    TEAM GET DIESEL

    GET DIESEL NUTRITION | SINCE 2002 | GETDIESEL.COM
    Like us on Facebook: GET DIESEL Facebook Page

  5. I seriously think ive had the same experience with other products such as Creatine Burst and NaNo Vapor, didnt think much of it...just started my workout. The thing is though...with NaNo Vapor its says "DO NOT SHAKE" all over the bottle..?

  6. It is typical with products containing higher amounts of Niacin. However, with proper hydration, you should be fine.
    TEAM GET DIESEL

    GET DIESEL NUTRITION | SINCE 2002 | GETDIESEL.COM
    Like us on Facebook: GET DIESEL Facebook Page

  7. I've also noticed that a tub of Swell seems to have more servings than what's listed on the label. But the container weight is accurate so obviously the scoop size in incorrect or I'm not packing the powder tightly enough. Two scoops usually results in about 7g of actual product.

    Any plans to offer the unflavored Swell again? I dislike the Citrus Orange which just tastes like lime to me. The unflavored allowed one to mix it with whatever protein or amino acid drink, but the new flavored version limits choices to mostly lemonade. I also recall receiving a flavor packet and that was a nice yet mild citrus flavoring but clearly distinct from the current one. Will future versions of Swell come in other flavors or even unflavored?

  8. Quote Originally Posted by ersatz View Post
    I've also noticed that a tub of Swell seems to have more servings than what's listed on the label. But the container weight is accurate so obviously the scoop size in incorrect or I'm not packing the powder tightly enough. Two scoops usually results in about 7g of actual product.

    Any plans to offer the unflavored Swell again? I dislike the Citrus Orange which just tastes like lime to me. The unflavored allowed one to mix it with whatever protein or amino acid drink, but the new flavored version limits choices to mostly lemonade. I also recall receiving a flavor packet and that was a nice yet mild citrus flavoring but clearly distinct from the current one. Will future versions of Swell come in other flavors or even unflavored?
    We may offer other flavors in the future. Not sure if the unflavored will be back or not, as most customers seemed to dislike the slight bitterness of the BA.
    ~ Nothing can kill the Grimace!!



  9. Quote Originally Posted by prld2gr8ns View Post
    We may offer other flavors in the future. Not sure if the unflavored will be back or not, as most customers seemed to dislike the slight bitterness of the BA.
    I don't mind BA too much, although the ascorbic acid is definitely sour. But I usually tossed the powder in my mouth plain, then follow it up with a glass of water so taste didn't matter too much

    Also I finally finished the Swell tub 3 days ago, but I won't be posting a final review because despite going through an entire tub, I don't think I got an accurate feel for the product.

  10. DANG, that sucks, lol.

    That is one massive flush O_o
  

  
 

Similar Forum Threads

  1. Swell ETA??
    By ryanp81 in forum Nutraplanet
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 06-19-2009, 11:32 PM
  2. Gee Willikers, Thats Just SWELL. A Nimbus Swell Log
    By Outside Backer in forum Supplement Logs
    Replies: 35
    Last Post: 05-10-2008, 01:52 PM
  3. Swell
    By workin2005 in forum Nutraplanet
    Replies: 8
    Last Post: 08-27-2007, 05:34 AM
Log in
Log in