Sprinkle Diet?!

Xodus

Xodus

Awards
  • Established
'Sprinkle Diet' Helping People Shed Pounds

Mallika Marshall, MD

BOSTON (WBZ) ― Dolly Kiosea says she's losing weight without giving up the food she loves. "I'm eating fried chicken, macaroni and cheese, I love steak," she said. She doesn't have to pass on the pizza, cookies or even double chocolate cake. "I've lost twenty eight pounds so far," she said.

Dolly's secret is in salt-like sprinkles developed by Dr. Alan Hirsch of the Smell and Taste Treatment and Research foundation. "They're a unique blend of different flavors and salty flavors, things like cheddar cheese, mocha, horseradish," he said. They have no calories and all the ingredients are approved for use in food products. You simply shake them on whatever you eat: the salty ones on savory things and the sweet ones on things like yogurt, cereal with milk and desserts.

"What we're doing is intensifying the smell and taste of food," explained Dr. Hirsch. "It makes your brain perceive that you have eaten more than you have and thus you eat less and lose weight."

Dolly says the sprinkles have helped her cut down on her portion sizes. "I used to go out for sushi and I used to eat four or five rolls," she said. "Now I'm mostly just having one roll."

Doctor Hirsch just completed a peer-reviewed clinical study of nearly 1,500 people who used the sprinkles on everything they ate, without changing their diet or exercise routine. "We found an average weight loss over six months of 35.5 pounds," he said.

Eliza Zied of the American Dietetic Association says she's intrigued by the findings, but she wonders what happens if you stop sprinkling. "If you're not doing what you did to lose weight, probably you won't be able to keep the weight off," she said.

Dr. Hirsch hasn't studied the long-term effects yet, however he's heard from some study participants who stopped using the product. He says they are keeping the weight off and some are continuing to lose more. "Our hope is that as people lose 20, 30, 40 pounds, they begin to feel better about themselves. They would inadvertently get greater exercise and induce a greater snowball effect causing them to get further weight loss," he said.

Dolly hopes the sprinkles will help her lose at least another 20 pounds. "I feel so good knowing that I finally found something that's really working for me," she said.

The sprinkles are called Sensa. They will be available for sale online in Mid-June at trysensa.com.

MentalTwitch

MentalTwitch

Awards
  • Established
salt = bloat, bloat = full feel, FDA = idiots!

I cant believe this. Well im glad people still respect the food pyramid for their regular healthy 2,200~cals a day like they are supposed too....DUMB.

FreakyStyley

FreakyStyley

Awards
It would be interesting if this had long-term behavior modification potential. I would doubt it, though.

MentalTwitch

MentalTwitch

Awards
  • Established
No, i think youre right. There would be a very high chance of behavior modification abilities with this type of product. I think also they didnt test it as long as they should have or could have.

It would require ramping up and weaning off the amount used per meal/day.

Either way i feel it'll be a bust.

SilentBob187

SilentBob187

Awards
  • Established
Xodus

Xodus

Awards
  • Established
No, i think youre right. There would be a very high chance of behavior modification abilities with this type of product. I think also they didnt test it as long as they should have or could have.

It would require ramping up and weaning off the amount used per meal/day.

Either way i feel it'll be a bust.

It's better than Alli where you just shart yourself skinnier...

Gtarzan81

Gtarzan81

Awards
  • Established
'Sprinkle Diet' Helping People Shed Pounds

Mallika Marshall, MD

BOSTON (WBZ) ―

Dolly says the sprinkles have helped her cut down on her portion sizes. "I used to go out for sushi and I used to eat four or five rolls," she said. "Now I'm mostly just having one roll."
Shes gotta be a blimp. :donut:
Im not much of a sushi guy, but I'm usually done after about 3 rolls of whatever. I cant imagine eating 5 california rolls all at once.

hardworker1

Awards
this is pretty unreal...who would actually buy into this crap?

Omen

Banned
Awards
  • Established
this is pretty unreal...who would actually buy into this crap?
Dumb humans, they're all around us.

Unfortunately, everything is becoming more and more fool proof everyday, which means they live longer and they're less prone to accidental deaths.

:sad:

Inarius

Inarius

Awards
  • Established
she lost 28 lbs but still weighs 350 lol