Wary U.S. Olympians Will Bring Food to China

firecross

firecross

Board Supporter
Awards
When a caterer working for the United States Olympic Committee went to a supermarket in China last year, he encountered a piece of chicken — half of a breast — that measured 14 inches. “Enough to feed a family of eight,” said Frank Puleo, a caterer from Staten Island who has traveled to China to handle food-related issues.

“We had it tested and it was so full of steroids that we never could have given it to athletes. They all would have tested positive.”

http://www.nytimes.com/2008/02/09/sports/othersports/09olympics.html

jmh80

jmh80

Awards
  • Established
Skye - where the hell you been bro??

Ain't seen you in a loooooooong time. How is everything? Still the size of Pluto (the planet - not the cartoon dog)?

RenegadeRows

RenegadeRows

Awards
  • Established
When a caterer working for the United States Olympic Committee went to a supermarket in China last year, he encountered a piece of chicken — half of a breast — that measured 14 inches. “Enough to feed a family of eight,” said Frank Puleo, a caterer from Staten Island who has traveled to China to handle food-related issues.

“We had it tested and it was so full of steroids that we never could have given it to athletes. They all would have tested positive.”

That could've been a disaster ... olympic athletes testing positive for steroids because of chicken they ate the night before.

Skye

Skye

Awards
  • Established
Skye - where the hell you been bro??

Ain't seen you in a loooooooong time. How is everything? Still the size of Pluto (the planet - not the cartoon dog)?
been around, just haven't had much time as of late. lost a little (out of the gym until the rotator cuff heals). I should have more time now and will be around

warriorway

warriorway

Awards
  • Established
Sounds like one of those freaky large breasted chickens they make mcdonalds chicken nuggets out of.

OCCFan023

OCCFan023

Awards
  • Established
These are going to be my kids as well, if only the rest of America realized this (and no I won't be a nazi, muscle milk will be allowed :D)

"In a way, Ms. Hamilton is a natural fit for this mission; she is a 54-year-old mother of two who says she has never fed her family white bread or canned meats or vegetables. She recently recounted how her son, Jeremy, 12 years old at the time, came home one day and asked why she had been abusing him for so long.

“I said, ‘What are you talking about?’ ” Ms. Hamilton said, laughing. “And he said, ‘Why did I have to have my first Twinkie at someone else’s house?’ ”

cool read

amalgum

amalgum

Awards

that entire country needs to modernize politically socially and ethically. if they had half the development in these areas that it did in technology it wouldnt be in the political situation its in.

that is unbelievable, i cant even imagine what they had to give to a chicken to make a breast that big. the way china is going right now, its lucky if anyone even shows up for the olympics. the european union,, and george bush have already suggested they may pursue a boycott of the olympics.