2008 Election - AnabolicMinds.com - Page 3

2008 Election

Page 3 of 5 First 12345 Last

Quote Originally Posted by EasyEJL View Post
    Romney may end up as the VP candidate by dropping now. McCain was so far ahead that there was no chance for either of the other two to get the nomination. Crazy ass Huckabee is still in the race tho.
    I bet Rudy Giuliani gets the VP nod.

Stats
    5'9"  178 lbs.

There is speculation that Huckabee will be McCain's running mate. He did his job and stole votes for Romney, and I think Romney did the respectable thing to drop out to unite the Republican party. However, Huckabee is a strict conservative and McCain's views are moderate. All I gotta say is that I hope the Dem nomination goes to Clinton. I dont like her, but this will allow almost all conservatives and most independents to vote McCain. Obama has the influence to sway these votes in his direction.

About the war: We are doing great things in Iraq. My dad and some good friends all have been there and report the importance of our presence. We havent heard any news there lately because the surge is working. The media will only report negative news with Iraq. We must also consider that the president knows a lot more than US citizens about what is happening overseas. I would love for a Dem to be elected then realize we cant leave iraq.

Quote Originally Posted by WannaBeHulk View Post
    There is speculation that Huckabee will be McCain's running mate. He did his job and stole votes for Romney, and I think Romney did the respectable thing to drop out to unite the Republican party. However, Huckabee is a strict conservative and McCain's views are moderate. All I gotta say is that I hope the Dem nomination goes to Clinton. I dont like her, but this will allow almost all conservatives and most independents to vote McCain. Obama has the influence to sway these votes in his direction.

About the war: We are doing great things in Iraq. My dad and some good friends all have been there and report the importance of our presence. We havent heard any news there lately because the surge is working. The media will only report negative news with Iraq. We must also consider that the president knows a lot more than US citizens about what is happening overseas. I would love for a Dem to be elected then realize we cant leave iraq.
    I agree with you for the most part, but far right republicans dislike Huckabee nearly as much as they do McCain. Most of this is because they are brainwashed by Rush and other talk radio idots. The person that will be nominated will most likely not a big name. Kind of like Cheney. No one really knew who he was.

I disagree with you about Obama. His far left politics and lack of any significant experience will be exposed. His rhetoric, preacher like speeches can only go so far. This country will not hand over the presidency to a far leftist with no accomplishments other than being a good speaker.

No Dem stands a chance over McCain. This country does not want a retreat in Iraq, higher taxes, more regulation or socialized health care.
    •   

Stats
    5'10"   lbs.

Flip flopping Romney
    Romney "flip flopped" on two issues: gay rights, and abortion. That's less a flip flop and more an obligatory change in position all republicans take before running for national election.

Aside from that, the republicans of this nation just threw out the ONLY candidate from either major party that actually addressed issues with specifics, issues with which he was obviously well-versed considering he could have an impromptu discussion on the topics without "advisers", etc., and still put together very powerful and convincing arguments.

The ignorance and bigotry of the republican right (obvious mis-trust in his "mormonism") was very apparent this time around when a substance-less person like John McCain can win primaries and a religious zealot like Mike Huckabee was sitting in the race just to siphon off votes from the only intelligent and substantive candidate from either party because he despised his mormon beliefs.

Quote Originally Posted by CNorris View Post
    No Dem stands a chance over McCain. This country does not want a retreat in Iraq, higher taxes, more regulation or socialized health care.
    You're completely out of your mind. People LOVE to get free things, and considering that 80%+ of the tax money comes from the top 4-5% of tax payers, people aren't THAT afraid of taxes--they just think that it's coming from the rich. Its become very apparent that American citizens are more than willing to give up freedoms for "free stuff" over the past couple of decades.

Socialized healthcare will be a disaster, yet, someone capable of doing so must present a strong case to the American people as to WHY it will be a disaster for the American people and why people shouldn't want so-called "free" healthcare. McCain can't do that.

And, to top it off, you obviously aren't familiar with your own candidate. McCain has been working with Governor Schwarzenegger on policies that will "reduce our carbon footprint". These policies essentially will lead to an additional 50 cents/gallon on gas and 20% increase in energy bills. He also wants to repeal the Bush tax cuts.

He is also in favor of more regulation--look up McCain Feingold. On top of it, his "immigration advisor" worked directly under Vincente Fox (ex-Mexican president). He wants to slam our doors right open. This is the idiot who tried to see his Amnesty bill as comprehensive "reform". Sure, you couldn't become a "citizen" under his bill unless you pay a $3,000 fine and learn to speak English, however, you can essentially stay indefinitely with the Z-Visa proposed in his bill which is indefinitely renewable.

I MAY vote for McCain on the basis of healthcare and a lesser of two evils with regards to tax alone. If it weren't for those two things, I'd probably throw my vote away to a third party candidate.
    Stats
    5'10"   lbs.

There is speculation that Huckabee will be McCain's running mate.
    I'd say this is the likely case. Huckabee played the devils part to do "God's work" in his eyes by doing whatever he could to get the "Mormon" as far away from the office of presidency as he could.

McCain/Huckabee is such a horrible combo, IMHO, I would seriously have a hard time not voting for Obama/Hillary if we didn't have taxes and healthcare at stake.

Quote Originally Posted by kwyckemynd00 View Post
    Romney "flip flopped" on two issues: gay rights, and abortion. That's less a flip flop and more an obligatory change in position all republicans take before running for national election.

Aside from that, the republicans of this nation just threw out the ONLY candidate from either major party that actually addressed issues with specifics, issues with which he was obviously well-versed considering he could have an impromptu discussion on the topics without "advisers", etc., and still put together very powerful and convincing arguments.

The ignorance and bigotry of the republican right (obvious mis-trust in his "mormonism") was very apparent this time around when a substance-less person like John McCain can win primaries and a religious zealot like Mike Huckabee was sitting in the race just to siphon off votes from the only intelligent and substantive candidate from either party because he despised his mormon beliefs.

You're completely out of your mind. People LOVE to get free things, and considering that 80%+ of the tax money comes from the top 4-5% of tax payers, people aren't THAT afraid of taxes--they just think that it's coming from the rich. Its become very apparent that American citizens are more than willing to give up freedoms for "free stuff" over the past couple of decades.

Socialized healthcare will be a disaster, yet, someone capable of doing so must present a strong case to the American people as to WHY it will be a disaster for the American people and why people shouldn't want so-called "free" healthcare. McCain can't do that.

And, to top it off, you obviously aren't familiar with your own candidate. McCain has been working with Governor Schwarzenegger on policies that will "reduce our carbon footprint". These policies essentially will lead to an additional 50 cents/gallon on gas and 20% increase in energy bills. He also wants to repeal the Bush tax cuts.

He is also in favor of more regulation--look up McCain Feingold. On top of it, his "immigration advisor" worked directly under Vincente Fox (ex-Mexican president). He wants to slam our doors right open. This is the idiot who tried to see his Amnesty bill as comprehensive "reform". Sure, you couldn't become a "citizen" under his bill unless you pay a $3,000 fine and learn to speak English, however, you can essentially stay indefinitely with the Z-Visa proposed in his bill which is indefinitely renewable.

I MAY vote for McCain on the basis of healthcare and a lesser of two evils with regards to tax alone. If it weren't for those two things, I'd probably throw my vote away to a third party candidate.
    Wow, I couldnt get past the ridiculous part about Romney not being a flip flopper.

Wow, honestly I feel bad for anyone that doesnt have the ability to see right through Romney for being what he is: The most pathetic lying flip flopping political hack I have ever seen. This guy has no integrity, no belief system and will say anything to get a vote. Romney is a joke and if you think he has one ounce of integrity well the joke is on you. HAHAH Romney not a flip flopper. Oh yeah he just changed his position.

I'll get back to you on this and you McCain comments. And boy it will be fun to compile all of his gutless flip flops and pathetic and arrogant, dishonest statements he has made.
  7. Board Moderator
    Never enough
    Stats
    5'10"  205 lbs.

Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation

The environment is a tough one for sure. But you and mrs gimpy want to have kids, how bad do you want it to get in their lifetime? Us alone working on our carbon footprint does nothing unless we can get china and india to also join in, but us refusing to do anything doesnt help. An increase in gas cost also will spur more investment in the private sector to finding alternatives which will reduce our dependence on middle eastern oil, which is a good thing.

Mccain only wanted repeal the bush tax cuts because they weren't offset by lowered spending. He has pledged to make them permanent but also to reduce federal spending to make them breakeven.
    This space for rent

Phenadrol Log http://anabolicminds.com/forum/suppl...-hell-did.html - AMAZING fat loss results so far
    Stats
    5'10"  200 lbs.

Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation

I have heard the Huckabee as VP rumors, which could be fairly good for McCain however his stance on the war again will isolate the indys that he so wants.
    Controlled Labs Head Board Rep
    adam @ ControlledLabs.com
    CONTROLLED LABS products are produced in a GMP for Sport certified facility
  9. Board Moderator
    Never enough
    Stats
    5'10"  205 lbs.

Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation

huckabee is kind of scary given his insanity and mccains age
    This space for rent

Phenadrol Log http://anabolicminds.com/forum/suppl...-hell-did.html - AMAZING fat loss results so far
    Stats
    5'10"  200 lbs.

Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation

huckabee is kind of scary given his insanity and mccains age
    agreede, kinda crazy ticket, but it will get the missing evangelical vote. I still think they lose regardless. A possible Obama/Biden ticket would be interesting (just a rumor I hear)
  11. Board Moderator
    Never enough
    Stats
    5'10"  205 lbs.

Quote Originally Posted by Reaper329 View Post
    agreede, kinda crazy ticket, but it will get the missing evangelical vote. I still think they lose regardless. A possible Obama/Biden ticket would be interesting (just a rumor I hear)
    I kind of think the reverse. the only possible ticket that the dems have that could beat it is the obama/hillary combo either way. it would take the 2 together. Mccain's only weakness is the potential that he doesn't get huge core republican turnout. With huckabee, he would. The problem is that with an obama/hillary ticket, so would the dems. Either of them alone with just about any other vp candidate would loose a lot of the independents.
    This space for rent

Stats
    6'1"  221 lbs.

I honesty think if Obama wins the the Dem ticket, nobody will stop him (and he won't have Hillary on the ticket).

This is very similar to 1992 where as much baggage as Clinton had, he represented change and people voted on that more than any other issue.

Obama is getting a LOT of independent white vote, is picking up Latino vote, dominates African American voters, and attracts a ton of moderates EVEN though he is liberal. Looking at voter turnout even in red states he won, I think he will basically crush anyone on the right.

And I'm a Republican....
    For answers to board issues, read the Suggestion and News forum at the bottom of the main page.

Btw, does anyone know if Mike Gravel is still running

I think 'someone' secretly likes Obama.
    Stats
    5'10"  200 lbs.

Quote Originally Posted by Jerry View Post
    I honesty think if Obama wins the the Dem ticket, nobody will stop him (and he won't have Hillary on the ticket).

This is very similar to 1992 where as much baggage as Clinton had, he represented change and people voted on that more than any other issue.

Obama is getting a LOT of independent white vote, is picking up Latino vote, dominates African American voters, and attracts a ton of moderates EVEN though he is liberal. Looking at voter turnout even in red states he won, I think he will basically crush anyone on the right.

And I'm a Republican....
    I agree, I think he is the dems only chance, Hillary on her own will lose

Well in reality Hillary and Obama are essentially the same! They both care about party loyalties and lobbyist. The only difference between the two is that one voted not to go to war and the other supports universal health care.
    Stats
    5'10"   lbs.

Wow, I couldnt get past the ridiculous part about Romney not being a flip flopper.

Wow, honestly I feel bad for anyone that doesnt have the ability to see right through Romney for being what he is: The most pathetic lying flip flopping political hack I have ever seen. This guy has no integrity, no belief system and will say anything to get a vote. Romney is a joke and if you think he has one ounce of integrity well the joke is on you. HAHAH Romney not a flip flopper. Oh yeah he just changed his position.

I'll get back to you on this and you McCain comments. And boy it will be fun to compile all of his gutless flip flops and pathetic and arrogant, dishonest statements he has made.
    You sound like idol John McCain... many words used, little said.
    Last edited by kwyckemynd00; 02-08-2008 at 05:34 PM.
    Stats
    5'10"   lbs.

The environment is a tough one for sure. But you and mrs gimpy want to have kids, how bad do you want it to get in their lifetime?
    The effects of increased CO2 on global climate change are so ridiculously speculative, its not even funny. We don't even know if the effects will be positive, negative, or detrimental--to date we only have positive effects to note: 1) increased crop yields directly related to increasing CO2 around the world. The most publicized "negative" effects were polar glacial melting. Much of that region has been re-freezing rapidly! (Arctic Sea Ice Refreezes at Record Pace After Record Melt - Arctic Sea Ice - thedailygreen.com).

To top it off, there is still extensive debate as to the extent of human effect on (their portion of) global "warming". We know we're increasing CO2, sure. But, the effect of CO2 as a greenhouse gas on global temperatures is a logarithmic function. I.E. In the "dinosaur" era global CO2 approached 10,000ppm (vs about 380 now) and the world was nothing close to a giant desert--on the contrary, it was extremely green. There are many skeptic climatologists who believe we are probably responsible for no more than 5% or so of overall global warming and the rest is a function of natural trends associated with solar output activity--that would be why many of the other planets in our solar system are also experiencing global warming. The only argument here is that they haven't solve which comes first, increased CO2 or increased solar output--that's the point of debate at the moment.

My point is this: my main concern is not whether or not my kids will be living. CO2 is projected to be 700ppm in 100 years, 10x lower than it was while the dinosaurs roamed a big beautiful green earth. We'll live.

I'm much more concerned with some idiot, like McCain (or Hillabama for that matter), who is willing to stunt our economic growth and put us in a horrible position in order to satisfy a liberal/moderate voting block, or "reach across the aisle" as he puts it. I want my children to live in a safe, strong, and prosperous country. (A country which, contrary to its communist Chinese competition, has a long history of putting the good of the world first, and propelling the advancement of freedom, technology and prosperity across the world.)

Mccain only wanted repeal the bush tax cuts because they weren't offset by lowered spending. He has pledged to make them permanent but also to reduce federal spending to make them breakeven.
    So, he flip-flopped? In all honesty, if he flip flopped and will honestly take that position, I can give a rats ass what his position was prior. All I want is that the good of the country, not the good of politicians seeking power for their "party", is put first. If that has to come in the form of a flip-flopping jelly-spined idiot, I'm fine with it as long as the end result is there.
    Stats
    5'10"   lbs.

And I'm a Republican....
    You're probably right. And, Obama scares me personally. But, he does have what the ignorant masses love to see/hear: charisma, and a promise of "change" for the better. People don't see through BS, and people don't ask questions, hell, people don't even require substance--they're stupid!

Listen to Obama for 5 minutes. He sounds like on of the kids from the Captain Planet squad. "I'm the candidate who can bring change! I'm the candidate who can make healthcare affordable to each and every person in this country, by bringing democrats and republicans together!" He talks as if the republocrats have these little magical rings that, once combined, can make bunnies fall out of the sky and all of the worlds problems will simultaneously be solved--all he had to do was "bring republicans and democrats together" . Its so ridiculous that the ignorant masses are allowed to vote when they aren't current with the issues concerning our country, and its even more ridiculous that dirt-bag politicians can provide entirely substance-less rhetoric and receive thunderous applause and droves of support.
    Stats
    5'10"  200 lbs.

I cant understand theissue with "flip flopping". We have all done it several times and will do it thousands more in our lifetimes. Changing ones mind is not necessarily a bad thing.
  21. Board Moderator
    Never enough
    Stats
    5'10"  205 lbs.

So, he flip-flopped? In all honesty, if he flip flopped and will honestly take that position, I can give a rats ass what his position was prior. All I want is that the good of the country, not the good of politicians seeking power for their "party", is put first. If that has to come in the form of a flip-flopping jelly-spined idiot, I'm fine with it as long as the end result is there.
    He didn't flip flop, his opinion is exactly the same its just that as president, he will be able to via vetos if necessary make up the cost savings. Whereas his objection the entire time was that we lowered income without lowering expenses.

If the environmental issues were soley around the global warming, then i as well am unconvinced as to how real and how pressing it is. However using that as the rallying cry to get people together and remove our dependence on middle eastern oil is worthwhile. Electric or hydrogen powered cars would be quite well worthwhile if we reduced the cost of electricity by putting new nuclear plants in place. The reason I added hydrogen is that with an abundant cheap supply of electricity from nukes it becomes feasible to set up local hydrogen stations that do their own electrolysis splitting of hydrogen from water, and then there is no additional or new distribution network needed. Hydrogen fuel cell cars could be running on the road in under 5 years if that was feasible.
    This space for rent

Stats
    5'10"   lbs.

He didn't flip flop, his opinion is exactly the same its just that as president, he will be able to via vetos if necessary make up the cost savings. Whereas his objection the entire time was that we lowered income without lowering expenses.
    But the point behind tax cuts, and this is what's scary about McCain to me, is that tax cuts are used as an incentive to increase production and jobs. E.G. if we were getting 20% of $100, that's still less than getting 15% of $200. Lowering taxes = lower production costs = lower product costs = increased production = more workers = higher tax revenues. At least, that's the idea I.E. Ronald reagan was able to increase spending on cold war issues because he increased tax revenues via tax cuts. Yes, he spent lots of money in his effort to win the Cold War, but he was able to do that, and boost the economy at the same time, because of the tax cuts. Tax cuts and increased tax revenues can go hand in hand, they're not mutually exclusive.

If the environmental issues were soley around the global warming, then i as well am unconvinced as to how real and how pressing it is. However using that as the rallying cry to get people together and remove our dependence on middle eastern oil is worthwhile. Electric or hydrogen powered cars would be quite well worthwhile if we reduced the cost of electricity by putting new nuclear plants in place. The reason I added hydrogen is that with an abundant cheap supply of electricity from nukes it becomes feasible to set up local hydrogen stations that do their own electrolysis splitting of hydrogen from water, and then there is no additional or new distribution network needed. Hydrogen fuel cell cars could be running on the road in under 5 years if that was feasible.
    The progression toward alternative forms of energy is already underway. I don't think we need put our economy in danger by ramming change down our throats and limiting our access to valuable energy resources, making them more available for competitive economies. Let nature take its course: by nature, humans want cheaper, cleaner, more efficient, and more abundant forms of energy. We're heading that direction already as is indicated by the huge increase in available hybrid vehicles by manufacturers across the board and in all categories of automobile.
  23. Board Moderator
    Never enough
    Stats
    5'10"  205 lbs.

But the point behind tax cuts, and this is what's scary about McCain to me, is that tax cuts are used as an incentive to increase production and jobs. E.G. if we were getting 20% of $100, that's still less than getting 15% of $200. Lowering taxes = lower production costs = lower product costs = increased production = more workers = higher tax revenues. At least, that's the idea
    Right, but in the short term, when you make the change from $20 as 20% of $100 to $15 as 15% of it before it grows towards $200, you need to make up for the $5 somehow. No different than in your household income. Mccain doesn't believe that spending more than you earn works in the long run, and believes the cost cuts should come with it or even before it - shrinking the size of the federal govt.
    This space for rent

Stats
    5'10"   lbs.

Right, but in the short term, when you make the change from $20 as 20% of $100 to $15 as 15% of it before it grows towards $200, you need to make up for the $5 somehow. No different than in your household income. Mccain doesn't believe that spending more than you earn works in the long run, and believes the cost cuts should come with it or even before it - shrinking the size of the federal govt.
    Nobody believes spending more than you earn works, not even Bush--he just doesn't care!

The point is, although the government isn't taking as big a portion of the income pie, its getting a bigger pie to take from because the baker had more money to make his pie with. Its the McDonalds concept. They're the kings of the dollar menu, yet their volume allows the them to dominate world-wide fast food. Less profit per unit, but more units. Low taxes work the same.
    Stats
    5'9"  178 lbs.

And I'm a Republican....
    The current conditions are far different than the conditions in 1992 when Clinton got elected. I still think when people go vote in November, everything they thought they cared about will be less influencing, and the main motivation for selecting a candidate will be security i.e. war in iraq.

This is discriminating but Obama came from a Muslim father, so his judgment concerning the war may be sympathetic. I find it mind boggling that Romey's faith received much more attention than Obama's background.

The last point I have is the approval rating of the Dem dominant Congress. It's lower than Bush's rating. Plus, this country isn't as efficient when President and Congress are the same party (pure specualtion, I haven't looked too far back into these scenarios).

Stats
    5'10"   lbs.

I find it mind boggling that Romey's faith received much more attention than Obama's background.
    As an agnostic who grew up in a mormon family, I don't find it hard to believe at all. You wouldn't believe what people believe about so-called "Mormons". We've literally had service people essentially run out of our house after finding out my parents were mormon (after they asked my parents about the picture of Jesus on the wall!). Its to the point of ridiculous hysteria, honestly. I'm not surprised at all, but I am disgusted, especially with Mike Huckabee. He is truly a disgrace of a person, and if McCain chooses him as his running mate, which I think is likely based on the fact Huckabee stuck it out just to siphon off votes, that will make voting for McCain exponentially more difficult to know we'd have a religious bigot as VP because I'd be afraid he'd prioritize the development of a christian and moral america above all else.

Plus, this country isn't as efficient when President and Congress are the same party (pure specualtion, I haven't looked too far back into these scenarios).
    I totally agree. Things seem to work better, which I'm sure comes as no surprise to our founding fathers, when the power is distributed.

Please do "get back to us" on the McCain comments. I would love to gain some form of positive hope for our potential future president.

As of right now I feel as if we are all going to enter the presidential elections just like last time:
    crappy president choice #1 (bush)
    Even crappier president #2 (kerry)
    Stats
    5'10"  200 lbs.

regarding some earlier comments, I will grant you that ALL of these candidates are empty rhetoric, however the American people as a whole want a change, and will most likely use that thought as their decision making process. If they do, then Obama will most likely be their choice. Addtionally, while there are so many faults with all the candidates out there, his youth and "desire" for change make him more attractive then others
    Stats
    6'1"  221 lbs.

The current conditions are far different than the conditions in 1992 when Clinton got elected.

No its not. Considering I actually voted in 92 I tend to know what it was like. Clinton's whole campaign was built around the word "change". It was about removing 12 years of Reagan/Bush.
    For answers to board issues, read the Suggestion and News forum at the bottom of the main page.
    Stats
    5'10"  200 lbs.

Its funny, the connection between Bill and Barack are eerily similar. At the beginning of the '92 campaign no one really thought Clinton had a shot, but he slowly built himself up and he became viable in a very similar way to Obama.

Whats worrying about McCain is his pet schemes to make all supplements FDA regulated , therefore only a small handful of companies would be able to make them (an odd stance for a man who campaigned against big pharm..)--- hello to $50 vitamins and protein powder that costs more per gram than most recreational drugs-- And sadly there's no chance of the insane US anabolic steroids laws being relaxed on his watch.
    Stats
    5'10"   lbs.

Quote Originally Posted by Reaper329 View Post
    regarding some earlier comments, I will grant you that ALL of these candidates are empty rhetoric, however the American people as a whole want a change, and will most likely use that thought as their decision making process. If they do, then Obama will most likely be their choice. Addtionally, while there are so many faults with all the candidates out there, his youth and "desire" for change make him more attractive then others
    You're right... Obama is going to be a freight train because he is well spoken, charismatic, and "new". Hillary is neither trusted by, nor liked by, a huge portion of the US population. McCain is just a douche and there won't be enough conservatives behind him to support him to the presidency.

There is ONE positive thing I could see if Obama were elected. I think if we have a black president then many of the race-baiting bastards like Jesse Jackson will finally have to shut their mouths.
    Stats
    6'1"  221 lbs.

There is ONE positive thing I could see if Obama were elected. I think if we have a black president then many of the race-baiting bastards like Jesse Jackson will finally have to shut their mouths.

There is already tension between the Congressional Black Caucus and Obama. He didn't come up "through the ranks". He doesnt give them "special treatment" which is sort of refreshing.

Another advantage of Obama is he will move to the middle to appease independents and moderates while Mccain has to move to the right to appeal to conservatives. Appease the base during primaries, move to the middle during the general election to win indy's and moderates. McCain can't do that....
  35. Board Moderator
    Never enough
    Stats
    5'10"  205 lbs.

no they won't, because reality hasn't affected their BS so far. They'll just use him as a rallying point of "he made it, don't let the white man hold YOU down"
    This space for rent

Stats
    5'10"   lbs.

You guys are right... what the hell was I thinking? He's an uncle Tom! Well, that leaves ZERO good associated with Obama's presidency, just like the rest of them

Once again, I'm so thrilled by our plethora of different choices for who gets to run the Republic.
    Stats
    5'10"  200 lbs.

There is already tension between the Congressional Black Caucus and Obama. He didn't come up "through the ranks". He doesnt give them "special treatment" which is sort of refreshing.

Another advantage of Obama is he will move to the middle to appease independents and moderates while Mccain has to move to the right to appeal to conservatives. Appease the base during primaries, move to the middle during the general election to win indy's and moderates. McCain can't do that....
    at the end of the day this might make him the best candidate in a weak field. Amazingly he has captured a public following itching for some sort of change. He has that young vote, that if they turn out in Nov. will win the day for him. He also just had a hell of a weekend, and most likely a hell of a tuesday coming. With Hillary's $$ problems and staff problems, she looks soon to be done. Obama v. McCAin might not be the best options for the republicans, as McCain is all over the place on so many issues.

i went out to eat at a diner the other night in suburban DC area with my gf and we were actually next to people that help with the hillary campaign. they were admiring youtube clips from the obama campaign and discussing how marketable he is.

Similar Forum Threads

1. Replies: 0
    Last Post: 07-22-2008, 05:24 PM
  2. Election 2004: Who are you voting for?
    By CEDeoudes59 in forum Politics
    Replies: 287
    Last Post: 10-30-2004, 02:02 AM
  3. International Monitoring of U.S. Election Called 'Frightening'
    By VanillaGorilla in forum General Chat
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 08-11-2004, 02:52 AM
  4. The 2000 presidential Election 4 years later
    By VanillaGorilla in forum General Chat
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 04-09-2004, 05:07 AM
  5. Schwarzenegger is elected Gov.