2008 Election - AnabolicMinds.com - Page 2

2008 Election

Page 2 of 5 First 1234 ... Last
  1. Senior Member
    slow-mun's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Age
    35
    Posts
    2,149
    Rep Power
    1173

    Reputation

    Back on topic-

    If I were to vote for a democrat, then it would be Obama.

    -lesser of two evils.

    If I were to vote for a republican, then it would be McCain.

    -I firmly in heart believe that a man who has actually served in our nation's military has its best interest in mind. I hear alot of talk about people concerning the war, but almost none of it has come from anyone who has actually been there.

  2. Board Sponsor
    AE14's Avatar
    Stats
    5'10"  200 lbs.
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Posts
    12,395
    Rep Power
    956437

    Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation

    Quote Originally Posted by slow-mun View Post
    I am. Entrance into the second world war actually lifted our economy fully out of the Great Depression. You're right that their wasn't universal support for the war prior to Pearl Harbor, but that quickly changed in one day. That's something that cannot be disputed.
    so how does this relate to your earlier statement that I was responding to?
    Controlled Labs Head Board Rep
    adam @ ControlledLabs.com
    CONTROLLED LABS products are produced in a GMP for Sport certified facility
  3. Senior Member
    slow-mun's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Age
    35
    Posts
    2,149
    Rep Power
    1173

    Reputation

    Quote Originally Posted by Reaper329 View Post
    so how does this relate to your earlier statement that I was responding to?
    I think I confused your posts with firecross's. Anyhow, it just adds to it. I should have elaborated more initially.
    •   
       

  4. Board Moderator
    Never enough
    EasyEJL's Avatar
    Stats
    5'10"  205 lbs.
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Age
    46
    Posts
    31,830
    Rep Power
    768795

    Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation

    Quote Originally Posted by slow-mun View Post
    I hear alot of talk about people concerning the war, but almost none of it has come from anyone who has actually been there.
    And ****, almost nobody else alive has "been there" like McCain was. 5 years in the POW camp. I did a special project + report on it in 8th grade ( a lot of research work, a lot of reading) and its completely horrifying the sort of things they did.

    So if McCain were to ask to put some of our men in harms way, I'd have to say ok.
    This space for rent

    Phenadrol Log http://anabolicminds.com/forum/suppl...-hell-did.html - AMAZING fat loss results so far
  5. Board Sponsor
    AE14's Avatar
    Stats
    5'10"  200 lbs.
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Posts
    12,395
    Rep Power
    956437

    Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation

    Just bc of McCains experience that does not mean that we should allow an escaltion of the war to the extent that Mccain wants. IMO he will be Bush +10, which is a bad, BAD thing
    Controlled Labs Head Board Rep
    adam @ ControlledLabs.com
    CONTROLLED LABS products are produced in a GMP for Sport certified facility
  6. Banned
    CNorris's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Posts
    1,184
    Rep Power
    0

    Reputation

    Quote Originally Posted by Reaper329 View Post
    Just bc of McCains experience that does not mean that we should allow an escaltion of the war to the extent that Mccain wants. IMO he will be Bush +10, which is a bad, BAD thing
    Bush +10? Wow, your lack of understanding of him does not surprise be given your irrational fear of him.

    McCain is hated... absolutely bitterly HATED by the far right because of many of his moderate positions.

    He has a different approach to the Iraq war than the democrats , but its an approach to resolve the conflict unlike Bush. Commit the troop levels and get it over with quickly and pull out under the correct, noble and intelligent cirumstances rather than cut and run leaving a complete disaster that will be equivalent to sweeping it under the rug for future generations to deal with.

    The reason has Iraq and the US dollar has been such a mess is because Bush lacked the clear vision McCain has from the beginning. You cant fund a war and cut taxes and run up the debt, you cant fight a war without enough troops.

    McCain will bring us a stabilized Iraq that we are able to hand off to the Iraqi military, not a mess for future generations to deal with. He will also keep nuclear weapons away from the most militarily active and unstable nation in the middle east. Iran wants nothing more than to rise to control the middle east. They want nothing more than to use nuclear weapons to force their hand against Europe and the US. Why do you think the Soviet Union and China, who both have a direct interest in a less powerful US and Europe, are so supportive of Iran? China and Russia are not interested in a Unipolar world with America being the only super power, despite the fact that fewer wars have gone on since the the fall of the Soviet Empire than any other equivalent time period in modern history.

    Is pathetic liberals are willing to trust the UN (an undisputed anti-military and anti-American organization) intelligence and roll the dice and assume Iran is not developing a nuclear weapon despite the fact every action and ever word coming out of their nation indicates the opposite. There may be a the lack of a smoking gun, but there sure is a carton of bullets and an NRA sign on the Iranian flag.

    And before you try and bring up the Iraq WMD intelligence issue, lets not forget Saddam actively wanted to appear to be a threat and in possession of WMD because of their bitter history with Iran.
  7. Board Sponsor
    AE14's Avatar
    Stats
    5'10"  200 lbs.
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Posts
    12,395
    Rep Power
    956437

    Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation

    Quote Originally Posted by CNorris View Post

    He has a different approach to the Iraq war than the democrats , but its an approach to resolve the conflict unlike Bush. Commit the troop levels and get it over with quickly and pull out under the correct, noble and intelligent cirumstances rather than cut and run leaving a complete disaster that will be equivalent to sweeping it under the rug for future generations to deal with.
    this lacks in any certainty. there is a choice here, and the american people were dupped into believing the WMD argument and the threat of Iraq, so there is no reason to continue to "commit" further young people who will come home in a bag

    Quote Originally Posted by CNorris View Post
    The reason has Iraq and the US dollar has been such a mess is because Bush lacked the clear vision McCain has from the beginning. You cant fund a war and cut taxes and run up the debt, you cant fight a war without enough troops.
    you also cant do it without the $, and due to the current administration we will not have that for a while. to be honest, when we have that money, our interests would be better served domestically

    Quote Originally Posted by CNorris View Post
    McCain will bring us a stabilized Iraq that we are able to hand off to the Iraqi military, not a mess for future generations to deal with. He will also keep nuclear weapons away from the most militarily active and unstable nation in the middle east. Iran wants nothing more than to rise to control the middle east. They want nothing more than to use nuclear weapons to force their hand against Europe and the US. Why do you think the Soviet Union and China, who both have a direct interest in a less powerful US and Europe, are so supportive of Iran? China and Russia are not interested in a Unipolar world with America being the only super power, despite the fact that fewer wars have gone on since the the fall of the Soviet Empire than any other equivalent time period in modern history.
    of course both china and russia want to be powers, hell they already are. we cannot be so ridiculous to believe it should only be the US, we have survived in the past with multiple world powers

    Quote Originally Posted by CNorris View Post
    Is pathetic liberals are willing to trust the UN (an undisputed anti-military and anti-American organization) intelligence and roll the dice and assume Iran is not developing a nuclear weapon despite the fact every action and ever word coming out of their nation indicates the opposite. There may be a the lack of a smoking gun, but there sure is a carton of bullets and an NRA sign on the Iranian flag.

    And before you try and bring up the Iraq WMD intelligence issue, lets not forget Saddam actively wanted to appear to be a threat and in possession of WMD because of their bitter history with Iran.
    the major difference between us here is that there is no reason for the US to be globocop anymore. There comes a time when you want to develop and better yourselves as a nation and to do that you need a president who will help at home aside from abroad. You look at the disaster that this country has become under an administration thats only focal point is foreign policy (and they were horrible at that to say the least) We as a nation need balance and McCain will NOT bring that
    Controlled Labs Head Board Rep
    adam @ ControlledLabs.com
    CONTROLLED LABS products are produced in a GMP for Sport certified facility
  8. Board Moderator
    Never enough
    EasyEJL's Avatar
    Stats
    5'10"  205 lbs.
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Age
    46
    Posts
    31,830
    Rep Power
    768795

    Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation

    Quote Originally Posted by Reaper329 View Post
    so there is no reason to continue to "commit" further young people who will come home in a bag
    comically, Bill Clinton had more than twice as many men die during his presidency than Bush has. easily available statistic.
    This space for rent

    Phenadrol Log http://anabolicminds.com/forum/suppl...-hell-did.html - AMAZING fat loss results so far
  9. I am faster than 80% of all snakes
    Dwight Schrute's Avatar
    Stats
    6'1"  221 lbs.
    Join Date
    Nov 2002
    Age
    41
    Posts
    12,911
    Rep Power
    7016

    Reputation

    Quote Originally Posted by Reaper329 View Post
    Just bc of McCains experience that does not mean that we should allow an escaltion of the war to the extent that Mccain wants. IMO he will be Bush +10, which is a bad, BAD thing
    Of course the vast experience in military and foreign affairs of Hillary and Obama is better.
    For answers to board issues, read the Suggestion and News forum at the bottom of the main page.
  10. I am faster than 80% of all snakes
    Dwight Schrute's Avatar
    Stats
    6'1"  221 lbs.
    Join Date
    Nov 2002
    Age
    41
    Posts
    12,911
    Rep Power
    7016

    Reputation

    Quote Originally Posted by Reaper329 View Post
    this lacks in any certainty. there is a choice here, and the american people were dupped into believing the WMD argument and the threat of Iraq, so there is no reason to continue to "commit" further young people who will come home in a bag

    So were the intelligence agencies of almost every Western European power. What is even funnier is the vast amounts of people who will think either Clinton or Obama will actually change anything. We already hear how they both will keep troops in Iraq yet their rhetoric is anti-war.


    you also cant do it without the $, and due to the current administration we will not have that for a while. to be honest, when we have that money, our interests would be better served domestically
    This might be the biggest myth in the world, that the administration (any for that matter) has this much power over the economy. Sorry, Greenspan and his ridiculous post 90's policies had more to do with it. This was the same man (and fed bank) that faciliated the boom of the 90's (along wiht the internet). The fed controls the economy more so than any President does and its been the same man for almost 20 years (up until 2006).



    of course both china and russia want to be powers, hell they already are. we cannot be so ridiculous to believe it should only be the US, we have survived in the past with multiple world powers
    Obviously you didnt live through the majority of the Cold war.



    the major difference between us here is that there is no reason for the US to be globocop anymore.
    Naive.

    There comes a time when you want to develop and better yourselves as a nation and to do that you need a president who will help at home aside from abroad.
    January 18, 1999
    "Islamic terrorism" helps justify defense spending"

    "Desperate to fend off the Republican led impeachment process, President Clinton has agreed to an $124 billion increase in defense spending over seven years, thereby, jeopardizing his earlier commitments to education, social security, medicare, and programs for the poor."


    Sometimes, reality gets in the way. This also correlates to the economic issue as the majority of the surplus was because of Clinton cutting military budgets, not some grand economic plan. His "commitments to education, social security, medicare, and programs for the poor" were for the most part a collosal failure.

    You look at the disaster that this country has become under an administration thats only focal point is foreign policy (and they were horrible at that to say the least) We as a nation need balance and McCain will NOT bring that

    Funny because the extreme right hate him because he actually works with liberals and he appeals to many democrats. Seems you statement is quite wrong.
    For answers to board issues, read the Suggestion and News forum at the bottom of the main page.
  11. Board Sponsor
    AE14's Avatar
    Stats
    5'10"  200 lbs.
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Posts
    12,395
    Rep Power
    956437

    Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation

    Quote Originally Posted by Jerry View Post
    Of course the vast experience in military and foreign affairs of Hillary and Obama is better.
    I did not realize that military experience was a necessity for a president?
    Controlled Labs Head Board Rep
    adam @ ControlledLabs.com
    CONTROLLED LABS products are produced in a GMP for Sport certified facility
  12. Board Sponsor
    AE14's Avatar
    Stats
    5'10"  200 lbs.
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Posts
    12,395
    Rep Power
    956437

    Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation

    Quote Originally Posted by Jerry View Post
    So were the intelligence agencies of almost every Western European power. What is even funnier is the vast amounts of people who will think either Clinton or Obama will actually change anything. We already hear how they both will keep troops in Iraq yet their rhetoric is anti-war.
    both have said that they are leaving Iraq but not the area

    Quote Originally Posted by Jerry View Post
    This might be the biggest myth in the world, that the administration (any for that matter) has this much power over the economy. Sorry, Greenspan and his ridiculous post 90's policies had more to do with it. This was the same man (and fed bank) that faciliated the boom of the 90's (along wiht the internet). The fed controls the economy more so than any President does and its been the same man for almost 20 years (up until 2006).
    however, it is the drain of the war that has led to major economic issues. Speak with Sen Chuck Hagel



    Quote Originally Posted by Jerry View Post
    Obviously you didnt live through the majority of the Cold war.
    Yes I did





    Quote Originally Posted by Jerry View Post
    Naive.
    Does not have to be

    Quote Originally Posted by Jerry View Post
    Sometimes, reality gets in the way. This also correlates to the economic issue as the majority of the surplus was because of Clinton cutting military budgets, not some grand economic plan. His "commitments to education, social security, medicare, and programs for the poor" were for the most part a collosal failure.
    I think that is is a tad biased, no?



    Quote Originally Posted by Jerry View Post
    Funny because the extreme right hate him because he actually works with liberals and he appeals to many democrats. Seems you statement is quite wrong.
    On certain issues. However his stance on the war is short sighted and very, very ultra conservative
    Controlled Labs Head Board Rep
    adam @ ControlledLabs.com
    CONTROLLED LABS products are produced in a GMP for Sport certified facility
  13. I am faster than 80% of all snakes
    Dwight Schrute's Avatar
    Stats
    6'1"  221 lbs.
    Join Date
    Nov 2002
    Age
    41
    Posts
    12,911
    Rep Power
    7016

    Reputation

    Quote Originally Posted by Reaper329 View Post
    I did not realize that military experience was a necessity for a president?
    Yes, in a time of war where troops are abroad, it would be foolish to elect someone who has vast experience in that area.
    For answers to board issues, read the Suggestion and News forum at the bottom of the main page.
  14. Board Sponsor
    AE14's Avatar
    Stats
    5'10"  200 lbs.
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Posts
    12,395
    Rep Power
    956437

    Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation

    Quote Originally Posted by Jerry View Post
    Yes, in a time of war where troops are abroad, it would be foolish to elect someone who has vast experience in that area.
    b/c he has experience in Vietnam means he is qualified as president?

    I totally forgot that during the Carter, Reagan, Bush Sr. Clinton years we didnt have troops anywhere?
    Controlled Labs Head Board Rep
    adam @ ControlledLabs.com
    CONTROLLED LABS products are produced in a GMP for Sport certified facility
  15. I am faster than 80% of all snakes
    Dwight Schrute's Avatar
    Stats
    6'1"  221 lbs.
    Join Date
    Nov 2002
    Age
    41
    Posts
    12,911
    Rep Power
    7016

    Reputation

    Quote Originally Posted by Reaper329 View Post
    both have said that they are leaving Iraq but not the area
    Wrong..

    "Senator Hillary Rodham Clinton foresees a “remaining military as well as political mission” in Iraq, and says that if elected president, she would keep a reduced military force there to fight Al Qaeda, deter Iranian aggression, protect the Kurds and possibly support the Iraqi military."

    "At that debate Obama said that he could not guarantee that all troops would be out of Iraq by the end of his first term. Obama qualified that answer today, as he has in previous town halls in New Hampshire and Iowa, by saying that he would keep troops in Iraq for diplomatic, humanitarian and counterterrorism purposes."








    however, it is the drain of the war that has led to major economic issues. Speak with Sen Chuck Hagel

    Wrong. A housing bubble and suprime debt of the major financial institutions has caused ecenomic issues (along with European and Asian financials that invested in the US). The height of the war "2002-2005" showed record GDP and economic boom. The federal reserve hasn't dropped the fed funds rate in the last year because of the war. Get your facts straight.



    Yes I did
    You're 32. You didn't. The height of the Cold War was not the 80's and 90's.








    Does not have to be
    Thats your own problem, not mine.


    I think that is is a tad biased, no?
    Actually, no its not form a historical persepctive. Nobody said Bush fixed it nor improved it, but that Clinton's policies for the most part failed. In other words, more of the same because its not the President that determines economic policy for the most part.





    On certain issues. However his stance on the war is short sighted and very, very ultra conservative
    Funny, he held the same viewpoints as the Clinton administration pre war which we all know was a very, very, ultra conservative administration.
    For answers to board issues, read the Suggestion and News forum at the bottom of the main page.
  16. Banned
    CNorris's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Posts
    1,184
    Rep Power
    0

    Reputation

    Quote Originally Posted by Jerry View Post
    Of course the vast experience in military and foreign affairs of Hillary and Obama is better.


    I dont even know where to begin with Obama. His shallow rhetoric and empty words arent enough to make up for his inexperience, foolishness and radical left wing ideology. The man has absolutely no real accomplishments or experience compared with any single candidate running. But thats OK since he can deliver a poetic speech full of hopeful rhetorical poem like sentences that bleeding heards soak up all day.
  17. I am faster than 80% of all snakes
    Dwight Schrute's Avatar
    Stats
    6'1"  221 lbs.
    Join Date
    Nov 2002
    Age
    41
    Posts
    12,911
    Rep Power
    7016

    Reputation

    Quote Originally Posted by Reaper329 View Post
    b/c he has experience in Vietnam means he is qualified as president?

    I totally forgot that during the Carter, Reagan, Bush Sr. Clinton years we didnt have troops anywhere?

    He's been a Senator since 86 after being in the military for his whole life Einstein.


    Reagan and Bush were both military men. Jimmy Carter's Presidency was characterized by Iran taking hostages and an sever oil shortage. The current war plan was drawn up by the Clinton administration. Care to try again?
    For answers to board issues, read the Suggestion and News forum at the bottom of the main page.
  18. Banned
    CNorris's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Posts
    1,184
    Rep Power
    0

    Reputation

    Quote Originally Posted by Reaper329 View Post
    I did not realize that military experience was a necessity for a president?
    Well at least some experience and a clear record and clear policies should be a necessity. But not for emotional leave your brain at home Obama voters. They get really riled up with his emotion grabbing rhetoric. They dont need to question where he stands or what proof there is of his abililty to accomplish his large promises for change. The only thing Obama is good at changing is the emotions of the bleeding heart libs.
  19. Board Sponsor
    AE14's Avatar
    Stats
    5'10"  200 lbs.
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Posts
    12,395
    Rep Power
    956437

    Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation

    Quote Originally Posted by Jerry View Post
    He's been a Senator since 86 after being in the military for his whole life Einstein.


    Reagan and Bush were both military men. Jimmy Carter's Presidency was characterized by Iran taking hostages and an sever oil shortage. The current war plan was drawn up by the Clinton administration. Care to try again?
    No need to be condesending slick, I think we are all well aware of his qualifications. In terms of military experience, so have much more than others, but that does not mean they are qualified.

    McCain serving in Vietnam and being a Senator dont necessarily mean he is or isnt qualified, however when his stance on the war is what it is, IMO he is not!!
    Controlled Labs Head Board Rep
    adam @ ControlledLabs.com
    CONTROLLED LABS products are produced in a GMP for Sport certified facility
  20. Banned
    CNorris's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Posts
    1,184
    Rep Power
    0

    Reputation

    An Obama supporter questioning any other candidates experience is like Richard Simmons giving advice on how to pick up women.
  21. Board Sponsor
    AE14's Avatar
    Stats
    5'10"  200 lbs.
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Posts
    12,395
    Rep Power
    956437

    Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation

    Quote Originally Posted by Jerry View Post
    Wrong..

    "Senator Hillary Rodham Clinton foresees a “remaining military as well as political mission” in Iraq, and says that if elected president, she would keep a reduced military force there to fight Al Qaeda, deter Iranian aggression, protect the Kurds and possibly support the Iraqi military."

    "At that debate Obama said that he could not guarantee that all troops would be out of Iraq by the end of his first term. Obama qualified that answer today, as he has in previous town halls in New Hampshire and Iowa, by saying that he would keep troops in Iraq for diplomatic, humanitarian and counterterrorism purposes."











    Wrong. A housing bubble and suprime debt of the major financial institutions has caused ecenomic issues (along with European and Asian financials that invested in the US). The height of the war "2002-2005" showed record GDP and economic boom. The federal reserve hasn't dropped the fed funds rate in the last year because of the war. Get your facts straight.





    You're 32. You didn't. The height of the Cold War was not the 80's and 90's.




    Thats your own problem, not mine.




    Actually, no its not form a historical persepctive. Nobody said Bush fixed it nor improved it, but that Clinton's policies for the most part failed. In other words, more of the same because its not the President that determines economic policy for the most part.







    Funny, he held the same viewpoints as the Clinton administration pre war which we all know was a very, very, ultra conservative administration.

    before you give quotes you might want ot look for sources! Just a piece of advice Also I guess the difference of non combat troops and combat troops is lost on you?
    I also understand the cyclical nature of the economy, however the presidents spending is pertinent
    Controlled Labs Head Board Rep
    adam @ ControlledLabs.com
    CONTROLLED LABS products are produced in a GMP for Sport certified facility
  22. Banned
    CNorris's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Posts
    1,184
    Rep Power
    0

    Reputation

    Quote Originally Posted by Reaper329 View Post
    No need to be condesending slick, I think we are all well aware of his qualifications. In terms of military experience, so have much more than others, but that does not mean they are qualified.

    McCain serving in Vietnam and being a Senator dont necessarily mean he is or isnt qualified, however when his stance on the war is what it is, IMO he is not!!
    Cut and Run, Cut and run.. Thats not a political solution to an existing problem, its a gutless and cowardly decision to run awayt from the problem without solving it and it will harm this country and the middle east for decades.

    Cut and run is the most politically pathetic position I have ever seen. I guess Democrats want to relive the glory days of vietnam. Quite pathetic that one of America's lowest points is the high point of the democratic party. Further proving that if its bad for America, its good for Democrats.
  23. I am faster than 80% of all snakes
    Dwight Schrute's Avatar
    Stats
    6'1"  221 lbs.
    Join Date
    Nov 2002
    Age
    41
    Posts
    12,911
    Rep Power
    7016

    Reputation

    Quote Originally Posted by Reaper329 View Post
    No need to be condesending slick, I think we are all well aware of his qualifications. In terms of military experience, so have much more than others, but that does not mean they are qualified.

    You are correct. Didn't mean to be and I'm sorry about that.

    It means they are more qualified to deal with a military situation vs someone that is not.

    McCain serving in Vietnam and being a Senator dont necessarily mean he is or isnt qualified, however when his stance on the war is what it is, IMO he is not!!
    I rest my case.
    For answers to board issues, read the Suggestion and News forum at the bottom of the main page.
  24. I am faster than 80% of all snakes
    Dwight Schrute's Avatar
    Stats
    6'1"  221 lbs.
    Join Date
    Nov 2002
    Age
    41
    Posts
    12,911
    Rep Power
    7016

    Reputation

    Quote Originally Posted by Reaper329 View Post
    before you give quotes you might want ot look for sources! Just a piece of advice Also I guess the difference of non combat troops and combat troops is lost on you?
    I also understand the cyclical nature of the economy, however the presidents spending is pertinent
    New York Times.


    Yes, dealing with a terrorist threat requires non combative troops.


    Seriously, for someone who says Bush duped you, you sure make it easy for the others to do so as well.

    Denial seems to be a big problem with the American public...on both sides.
    For answers to board issues, read the Suggestion and News forum at the bottom of the main page.
  25. I am faster than 80% of all snakes
    Dwight Schrute's Avatar
    Stats
    6'1"  221 lbs.
    Join Date
    Nov 2002
    Age
    41
    Posts
    12,911
    Rep Power
    7016

    Reputation

    Quote Originally Posted by Reaper329 View Post
    I also understand the cyclical nature of the economy, however the presidents spending is pertinent
    The governments purse goes through Congress, not the President.
    For answers to board issues, read the Suggestion and News forum at the bottom of the main page.
  26. Banned
    CNorris's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Posts
    1,184
    Rep Power
    0

    Reputation

    Quote Originally Posted by Jerry View Post
    New York Times.


    Yes, dealing with a terrorist threat requires non combative troops.


    Seriously, for someone who says Bush duped you, you sure make it easy for the others to do so as well.

    Denial seems to be a big problem with the American public...on both sides.
    Its not very difficult to dupe those that are primarily driven by their intense anti war emotions.

    A large majority of 911 conspriacy freaks are the result of boiling anti-war rage combined with an inability to comprehend the complexities of our world. Their emotions start to lead their brain and their convoluted and delusional views of the world and history reflect it. Unfortunately a large percent of Ron Paul and other anti war candidate supporters can be described in the same manner.
  27. Board Moderator
    Never enough
    EasyEJL's Avatar
    Stats
    5'10"  205 lbs.
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Age
    46
    Posts
    31,830
    Rep Power
    768795

    Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation

    The president suggests, the congress writes what it writes.
    This space for rent

    Phenadrol Log http://anabolicminds.com/forum/suppl...-hell-did.html - AMAZING fat loss results so far
  28. Board Sponsor
    AE14's Avatar
    Stats
    5'10"  200 lbs.
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Posts
    12,395
    Rep Power
    956437

    Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation

    Quote Originally Posted by CNorris View Post
    Cut and Run, Cut and run.. Thats not a political solution to an existing problem, its a gutless and cowardly decision to run awayt from the problem without solving it and it will harm this country and the middle east for decades.

    Cut and run is the most politically pathetic position I have ever seen. I guess Democrats want to relive the glory days of vietnam. Quite pathetic that one of America's lowest points is the high point of the democratic party. Further proving that if its bad for America, its good for Democrats.
    if you want to blame the dems for leaving then blame the neocons for going in the first place, all based on lies and false information
    Controlled Labs Head Board Rep
    adam @ ControlledLabs.com
    CONTROLLED LABS products are produced in a GMP for Sport certified facility
  29. Board Moderator
    Never enough
    EasyEJL's Avatar
    Stats
    5'10"  205 lbs.
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Age
    46
    Posts
    31,830
    Rep Power
    768795

    Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation

    I'm so happy romney dropped out today
    This space for rent

    Phenadrol Log http://anabolicminds.com/forum/suppl...-hell-did.html - AMAZING fat loss results so far
  30. Board Sponsor
    AE14's Avatar
    Stats
    5'10"  200 lbs.
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Posts
    12,395
    Rep Power
    956437

    Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation

    Quote Originally Posted by Jerry View Post
    You are correct. Didn't mean to be and I'm sorry about that.
    no problem

    Quote Originally Posted by Jerry View Post
    It means they are more qualified to deal with a military situation vs someone that is not.
    you are entitled to your opinion however I disagree entirely
    Controlled Labs Head Board Rep
    adam @ ControlledLabs.com
    CONTROLLED LABS products are produced in a GMP for Sport certified facility
  31. Board Sponsor
    AE14's Avatar
    Stats
    5'10"  200 lbs.
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Posts
    12,395
    Rep Power
    956437

    Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation

    Quote Originally Posted by CNorris View Post
    Its not very difficult to dupe those that are primarily driven by their intense anti war emotions.

    A large majority of 911 conspriacy freaks are the result of boiling anti-war rage combined with an inability to comprehend the complexities of our world. Their emotions start to lead their brain and their convoluted and delusional views of the world and history reflect it. Unfortunately a large percent of Ron Paul and other anti war candidate supporters can be described in the same manner.
    just remember 9-11 and Iraq are tow ENTIRELY different things.
    Controlled Labs Head Board Rep
    adam @ ControlledLabs.com
    CONTROLLED LABS products are produced in a GMP for Sport certified facility
  32. Banned
    CNorris's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Posts
    1,184
    Rep Power
    0

    Reputation

    Quote Originally Posted by Reaper329 View Post
    just remember 9-11 and Iraq are tow ENTIRELY different things.
    They lied? Not according to your democrat buddies. Please remember the facts here. Saddam intentionally radiated the perception that he possessed WMD. Every intellignece report from countless independant countries said the same thing. The same poeple fighting us in Iraq are part of the group that planned 911. If we cut an run they will establish their base and use Iraq to plan future 911's all over Europe and the US.

    "Without question, we need to disarm Saddam Hussein. He is a brutal, murderous dictator, leading an oppressive regime ... He presents a particularly grievous threat because he is so consistently prone to miscalculation ... And now he is miscalculating America's response to his continued deceit and his consistent grasp for weapons of mass destruction ... So the threat of Saddam Hussein with weapons of mass destruction is real..."
    - Sen. John F. Kerry (D, MA), Jan. 23. 2003 | Source

    "I will be voting to give the President of the United States the authority to use force -- if necessary -- to disarm Saddam Hussein because I believe that a deadly arsenal of weapons of mass destruction in his hands is a real and grave threat to our security."
    - Sen. John F. Kerry (D, MA), Oct. 9, 2002 | Source

    "One way or the other, we are determined to deny Iraq the capacity to develop weapons of mass destruction and the missiles to deliver them. That is our bottom line."
    - President Clinton, Feb. 4, 1998 | Source

    "If Saddam rejects peace and we have to use force, our purpose is clear. We want to seriously diminish the threat posed by Iraq's weapons of mass destruction program."
    - President Bill Clinton, Feb. 17, 1998 | Source

    "We must stop Saddam from ever again jeopardizing the stability and security of his neighbors with weapons of mass destruction."
    - Madeline Albright, Feb 1, 1998 | Source

    "He will use those weapons of mass destruction again, as he has ten times since 1983."
    - Sandy Berger, Clinton National Security Adviser, Feb, 18, 1998 | Source

    "[W]e urge you, after consulting with Congress, and consistent with the U.S. Constitution and laws, to take necessary actions (including, if appropriate, air and missile strikes on suspect Iraqi sites) to respond effectively to the threat posed by Iraq's refusal to end its weapons of mass destruction programs."
    Letter to President Clinton.
    - (D) Senators Carl Levin, Tom Daschle, John Kerry, others, Oct. 9, 1998 | Source

    "Saddam Hussein has been engaged in the development of weapons of mass destruction technology which is a threat to countries in the region and he has made a mockery of the weapons inspection process."
    - Rep. Nancy Pelosi (D, CA), Dec. 16, 1998 | Source

    "Hussein has ... chosen to spend his money on building weapons of mass destruction and palaces for his cronies."
    - Madeline Albright, Clinton Secretary of State, Nov. 10, 1999 | Source

    "We begin with the common belief that Saddam Hussein is a tyrant and a threat to the peace and stability of the region. He has ignored the mandate of the United Nations and is building weapons of mass destruction and th! e means of delivering them."
    - Sen. Carl Levin (D, MI), Sept. 19, 2002 | Source

    "We know that he has stored secret supplies of biological and chemical weapons throughout his country."
    - Al Gore, Sept. 23, 2002 | Source

    "Iraq's search for weapons of mass destruction has proven impossible to deter and we should assume that it will continue for as long as Saddam is in power."
    - Al Gore, Sept. 23, 2002 | Source

    "We have known for many years that Saddam Hussein is seeking and developing weapons of mass destruction."
    - Sen. Ted Kennedy (D, MA), Sept. 27, 2002 | Source

    "The last UN weapons inspectors left Iraq in October of 1998. We are confident that Saddam Hussein retains some stockpiles of chemical and biological weapons, and that he has since embarked on a crash course to build up his chemical and biological warfare capabilities. Intelligence reports indicate that he is seeking nuclear weapons..."
    - Sen. Robert Byrd (D, WV), Oct. 3, 2002 | Source

    "There is unmistakable evidence that Saddam Hussein is working aggressively to develop nuclear weapons and will likely have nuclear weapons within the next five years ... We also should remember we have always underestimated the progress Saddam has made in development of weapons of mass destruction."
    - Sen. Jay Rockefeller (D, WV), Oct 10, 2002 | Source

    "In the four years since the inspectors left, intelligence reports show that Saddam Hussein has worked to rebuild his chemical and biological weapons stock, his missile delivery capability, and his nuclear program. He has also given aid, comfort, and sanctuary to terrorists, including al Qaeda members ... It is clear, however, that if left unchecked, Saddam Hussein will continue to increase his capacity to wage biological and chemical warfare, and will keep trying to develop nuclear weapons."
    - Sen. Hillary Clinton (D, NY), Oct 10, 2002 | Source

    "We are in possession of what I think to be compelling evidence that Saddam Hussein has, and has had for a number of years, a developing capacity for the production and storage of weapons of mass destruction."
    - Sen. Bob Graham (D, FL), Dec. 8, 2002 | Source


    HOW MANY TIMES DOES YOUR OLD TIRED BUSH LIED FANTASY HAVE TO BE DISPROVEN BEFORE YOU BELIEVE IT?
  33. Banned
    CNorris's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Posts
    1,184
    Rep Power
    0

    Reputation

    Quote Originally Posted by EasyEJL View Post
    I'm so happy romney dropped out today
    HAHA me too. Romney is the most patheic flip flopping piece of garbage I have ever seen in politics. What makes it even sweeter is the fact that pathetic gutless and soulless flip flopper spent millions of his own dollars for nothing! HAHA Rot in hell flip flopper Romney.

    What makes me depressed is how many fellow republicans can not even see straight through the most pathetic political hack in years.

    OK enough of the rant, I am just so glad that man is out of the running and I wish he would leave the party as well.
    Good Riddance, Go Away Romney
  34. Board Moderator
    Never enough
    EasyEJL's Avatar
    Stats
    5'10"  205 lbs.
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Age
    46
    Posts
    31,830
    Rep Power
    768795

    Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation

    I'm really only glad as it means McCain is 100% it, so now he can begin true presidential campaining, and not still be having to focus on primaries/caucuses.
    This space for rent

    Phenadrol Log http://anabolicminds.com/forum/suppl...-hell-did.html - AMAZING fat loss results so far
  35. Senior Member
    Mrs. Gimpy!'s Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Age
    29
    Posts
    1,040
    Rep Power
    630

    Reputation

    Quote Originally Posted by EasyEJL View Post
    I'm so happy romney dropped out today
    He was the only candidate I liked.... I am a bit out of the loop though and can only get most of my political info these days on AM radio (due to school)
  36. Board Moderator
    Never enough
    EasyEJL's Avatar
    Stats
    5'10"  205 lbs.
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Age
    46
    Posts
    31,830
    Rep Power
    768795

    Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation

    Romney may end up as the VP candidate by dropping now. McCain was so far ahead that there was no chance for either of the other two to get the nomination. Crazy ass Huckabee is still in the race tho.
    This space for rent

    Phenadrol Log http://anabolicminds.com/forum/suppl...-hell-did.html - AMAZING fat loss results so far
  37. Banned
    CNorris's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Posts
    1,184
    Rep Power
    0

    Reputation

    Quote Originally Posted by EasyEJL View Post
    Romney may end up as the VP candidate by dropping now. McCain was so far ahead that there was no chance for either of the other two to get the nomination. Crazy ass Huckabee is still in the race tho.
    There is no way that flip flopping piece of crap gets invited onto the ticket by McCain. EVERY single other GOP candidate absolutely despised Romney because of his insincere conservatism, flip flopping and the lack of a single ounce of integrity in his body. Romney has changed his position on every single issue and essentially only stands for what he thinks will get him votes. I am appalled that my party did not see right trough him. I honestly can barely call myself a republican any more with all the support Romney got. He is the least genuine politician I have ever seen and he will never be VP or President.
  38. Senior Member
    warnerve's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2004
    Age
    30
    Posts
    1,942
    Rep Power
    1093

    Reputation

    Quote Originally Posted by CNorris View Post
    There is no way that flip flopping piece of crap gets invited onto the ticket by McCain. EVERY single other GOP candidate absolutely despised Romney because of his insincere conservatism, flip flopping and the lack of a single ounce of integrity in his body. Romney has changed his position on every single issue and essentially only stands for what he thinks will get him votes. I am appalled that my party did not see right trough him. I honestly can barely call myself a republican any more with all the support Romney got. He is the least genuine politician I have ever seen and he will never be VP or President.
    couldn't agree more. i have referred to him as the republican john kerry for quite some time
  39. Board Moderator
    Never enough
    EasyEJL's Avatar
    Stats
    5'10"  205 lbs.
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Age
    46
    Posts
    31,830
    Rep Power
    768795

    Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation

    I'd be happy to have mccain run with oprah, so long as it guarantees he becomes president.
    This space for rent

    Phenadrol Log http://anabolicminds.com/forum/suppl...-hell-did.html - AMAZING fat loss results so far
  40. Senior Member
    warnerve's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2004
    Age
    30
    Posts
    1,942
    Rep Power
    1093

    Reputation

    she's a major obama supporter
  

  
 

Similar Forum Threads

  1. Replies: 0
    Last Post: 07-22-2008, 06:24 PM
  2. Election 2004: Who are you voting for?
    By CEDeoudes59 in forum Politics
    Replies: 287
    Last Post: 10-30-2004, 03:02 AM
  3. International Monitoring of U.S. Election Called 'Frightening'
    By VanillaGorilla in forum General Chat
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 08-11-2004, 03:52 AM
  4. The 2000 presidential Election 4 years later
    By VanillaGorilla in forum General Chat
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 04-09-2004, 06:07 AM
  5. Schwarzenegger is elected Gov.
    By lifted in forum General Chat
    Replies: 11
    Last Post: 10-11-2003, 02:11 AM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
Log in
Log in