Bhutto assassinated this morning

1. Board Sponsor
    Stats
    5'10"  200 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    55.26%
    Achievements Activity ProActivity AuthorityPosting ProPosting AuthorityPosting Veteran

Bhutto assassinated this morning

I had not seen a thread about this, but earlier this morning at a rally in Pakistan, former PM Benazir Bhutto was killed in a shooting turned suicide bombing. Kinda of problematic considering the state of Pakistan at this point, but it is just a sign of what the region is turning into.
    Controlled Labs Head Board Rep
    adam @ ControlledLabs.com
    CONTROLLED LABS products are produced in a GMP for Sport certified facility

2. Board Sponsor
    Stats
    5'10"  220 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    66.11%
    Achievements Activity VeteranActivity ProActivity AuthorityPosting ProPosting Authority

I wonder if we'll be alive in 10 years if this escalation continues?
    M.Ed. Ex Phys
  3. Board Sponsor
    Stats
    5'10"  200 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    55.26%
    Achievements Activity ProActivity AuthorityPosting ProPosting AuthorityPosting Veteran

thats a good question and a scary thought. Remember all of the 2012 predictions, well this isjust the early stages IMO, things are going to get much worse
    •   

4. Board Sponsor
    Stats
    5'10"  220 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    66.11%
    Achievements Activity VeteranActivity ProActivity AuthorityPosting ProPosting Authority

Quote Originally Posted by Reaper329 View Post
    thats a good question and a scary thought. Remember all of the 2012 predictions, well this isjust the early stages IMO, things are going to get much worse
    The Mayans are known for their predictions. It's scary as hell to think that I won't even be 30 by then and the outlook is so bleak ATM.
    M.Ed. Ex Phys
  5. Board Sponsor
    Stats
    5'10"  200 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    55.26%

Quote Originally Posted by Rodja View Post
    The Mayans are known for their predictions. It's scary as hell to think that I won't even be 30 by then and the outlook is so bleak ATM.

I agree, tehir prophecies are very specific to a new age and global cataclysm that comes first. I feel terrible if it were true, my daughter will be 9 then.
  6. Senior Member
    Stats
    5'9"  175 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    2.24%
    Achievements Activity ProPosting Pro

I don't understand why this is being treated as such a shock. She's had several attempts on her life, one was actually quite serious. IMO this was like putting a mouse in a snake pit (Bhutto being the mouse) eventually it was gonna happen. As for worrying about future predictions, why worry? If it s gonna happen, its gonna happen. Worrying about it is just going to add problems to your life, and since our country is being run by ignorant fools, I really don't think my worrying is going to have much effect on the future. Besides, many leaders have been assassinated in the past (including several of our nation's presidents) yet the world continues to survive. I guess what I'm saying is that I could have predicted this assassination, I don't think it's a major deal (besides the sad loss of human life) Seriously, when was the last time any of these middle east countries were considered even close to "stable"? IMO this is just another sad (but expected) showing of complete ignorance by an uneducated, war-riddled, third world country.

Edit: This is not pointed at anyone, this is just my opinion. Please take no offense by it unless your name is George W. Bush
    Last edited by Hurleyboy05; 12-27-2007 at 04:06 PM.
  7. Board Sponsor
    Stats
    5'10"  200 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    55.26%

no doubt other leaders have been assasinated before, however with the world influx the way it is now this one has a very deep meaning. Not that armageddon is coming, but that we could be looking at a nation devoid of any sense of opposition to a military dictatorship, which has in their midst an element of extremism more dangerous than any other, and oh this one small fact, they have nukes. That does not mean they will use them, it does mean that they are there which is bad.

It certainly makes things interesting for the '08 election and it helps certain candidates. Specifically McCain and Biden IMO based on their experience in foreign policy
  8. Senior Member
    Stats
    5'9"  175 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    2.24%

While I pretty much agree completely, I guess it's living in fear of the "what if factor" that I have a personal problem with. I don't want a person/country/terrorist group to have that kind of power over my life. I'm not looking to argue, or make someone believe the way I do. I'm not even sure exactly why I felt the need to post what I did earlier (I guess I was feeling a little more politically emotional this morning) I just really don't like that "enslaved" feeling. While I agree that this is a dangerous situation, I just can't bring myself to dwell on what could or might happen - it's too emotionally taxing, and unfair IMO. All I can say is, I'm glad I'm not a political figure, or someone with that much power, because this is an impossible situation to remedy and feel good about.
  9. Board Sponsor
    Stats
    5'10"  200 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    55.26%

I dont disagree, this is not living in fear in theleast. It is living aware IMO. We should all be aware of the trouble Pakistan could bring in the near future
  10. Senior Member
    Stats
    5'9"  175 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    2.24%

Quote Originally Posted by Reaper329 View Post
    I dont disagree, this is not living in fear in theleast. It is living aware IMO. We should all be aware of the trouble Pakistan could bring in the near future
    Thats a great phase for what I've been trying to explain to people that I get into political discussions with. Living Aware - I like that. That is a mindset I completely agree with, its the fear that gets me riled. Definitely be aware of whats going, just don't let it control you. IMO thats terrorism at its finest (excuse the expression) - when it controls you to the point of fear.
  11. Senior Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    59.08%
    Achievements Posting Pro

Quote Originally Posted by Hurleyboy05 View Post
    I don't understand why this is being treated as such a shock. She's had several attempts on her life, one was actually quite serious. IMO this was like putting a mouse in a snake pit (Bhutto being the mouse) eventually it was gonna happen. As for worrying about future predictions, why worry? If it s gonna happen, its gonna happen. Worrying about it is just going to add problems to your life, and since our country is being run by ignorant fools, I really don't think my worrying is going to have much effect on the future. Besides, many leaders have been assassinated in the past (including several of our nation's presidents) yet the world continues to survive. I guess what I'm saying is that I could have predicted this assassination, I don't think it's a major deal (besides the sad loss of human life) Seriously, when was the last time any of these middle east countries were considered even close to "stable"? IMO this is just another sad (but expected) showing of complete ignorance by an uneducated, war-riddled, third world country.

Edit: This is not pointed at anyone, this is just my opinion. Please take no offense by it unless your name is George W. Bush
    A life is a life. Just because such incidents happen "often" doesn't mean that loss of life is any less meaningful. In a broader sense it is meaningful - it makes you (well it makes me anyway) feel lucky to be living in a country which does not yet have these sorts of problems to encounter.

If you could spare a though, this has important consequences for the entire population which is still "developing" with a large proportion living in pretty inhumane conditions. I guess democracy is out, hopefully dictatorship can be thrown out soon too, if so, what happens next.. anarchy?

Anyway this is just the tip of the iceberg, since the US is so buddy-buddy with Musharaff, in line with Reaper, definitely a good idea to be aware of what might be pending, since they do of course have some nasty weapons on hand, as well as a seemingly substantial number of people who see more worth in blowing others up at the expense of even their own lives.

This world is so messed up, there is little one can do to try and resurrect the situation, oh wait, well the headlines today sure show us the futility of such attempts.
  12. Advanced Member
    Stats
    6'4"  191 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    5.97%

Have you guys read any about the American Union and global domination? Now that is some creepy mother******* stuff.

http://www.humanevents.com/article.php?id=14965
  13. Elite Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    72.41%
    Achievements Activity ProActivity AuthorityPosting ProPosting Authority

I agree Hurleyboy. Can't let em scare ya.

It's an unfortunate situation, but it was bound to happen. Musharraf and his goons are all corrupt. They sympathize with terrorists while making it look like they are on our side. Why do you think they let her come back into the country?

What interests me is the vast difference between India and Pakistan. India has the third largest population of Muslims in the world and shares a border with Pakistan. Why do they have less terrorists in their country? Because their government doesn't let them set up shop like in Pakistan. Pakistan also has a long history of training terrorists and sending them to India. Do as I say, not as I do.

The other problem is the huge border with Afghanistan that goes largely unmonitored. These terrorists go back and forth as they please, as it's mostly tribal areas (FATAs) and mountains. A great place to hide!

The last issue is Afghanistan. Pakistan is a much more populated area, and with the US/Coalition forces fighting in Afghanistan, the Jihadists either stay in Afghanistan and lose their battle, or take it to Pakistan and create more trouble, recruit new militants and do this all without having the US Army chasing them.
  14. Advanced Member
    Stats
    6'4"  191 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    5.97%

Sorry to interrupt but, ladies and gentleman, I just went supersayan
  15. Elite Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    72.41%

Quote Originally Posted by MESSPLAY View Post
    Have you guys read any about the American Union and global domination? Now that is some creepy mother******* stuff.

http://www.humanevents.com/article.php?id=14965
    What does that have to do with Bhutto ?
  16. Advanced Member
    Stats
    6'4"  191 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    5.97%

Quote Originally Posted by RenegadeRows View Post
    What does that have to do with Bhutto ?
    Absolutely nothing. but I had to share

It was actually shifting gears to the whole "world will end in 2012" thing and the direction we're taking already.
  17. Elite Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    72.41%

K.

I'm familiar with the Mayan 2012 prophecy, and I don't beleive that it means the end of the world. It's just the end of a 26,000 year cycle and indicates 'a new age' ... it is left to interpretation.

Regarding the North American Union, I beleive its basically a conspiracy theory at the moment.
  18. Board Sponsor
    Stats
    5'10"  200 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    55.26%

there is a lot to some of the conspiracies, more than we realize. Ever read, Behold a Pale Horse? Just the tip of the ice berg. I have always wondered about the behind the scenes actions. So many "secret socieites" supposedly created with the idea of global domination.

In essence, if the current administration wants to enhance the war on terror, than yesterdays events help. Now: political unrest in Pakistan with elections on 1/8, many blaming Musharref, terrorism at a high level there, possible military action. Just all whacked out, and the book I mentioned talks about things in a similar light (not pakistan per se.)

Also, in terms of the Maya it is the end of a cycle but a global cataclysm (flood) is expected based on their prophecies. The flood has happened before and is not unique to old testament lore. All ancient civilizations speak of it, including the Maya. Time to just sit back and watch

Similar Forum Threads

1. Replies: 21
    Last Post: 06-15-2008, 11:08 PM
  2. What I heard when I got in the car this morning
    By cmp007 in forum Supplements
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 11-06-2007, 01:15 PM
  3. Got a ticket this morning, advice please!:)
    By BigVrunga in forum General Chat
    Replies: 12
    Last Post: 08-30-2006, 06:03 PM
  4. Injected This morning!
    By Jason161 in forum Anabolics
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 01-24-2004, 09:06 PM
  5. Finally got my minor surgery done this morning
    By AlexParty in forum General Chat
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 06-12-2003, 09:05 PM