DEA pulls off widespread busts of steroid labs

Page 3 of 7 First 12345 ... Last
  1. Registered User
    Stats
    6'0"  300 lbs.

Quote Originally Posted by jomi822 View Post
    the DEA has fed, ruined the lives of many and inconvienced thousands of others.

hopefully they are now fat and self-justified enough to now let the trade resume. in fact, thats probably exactly what will happen. they dont want to wipe it out completely, then who will they **** over again in 10 years?
    met as well move

2. Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by the Cardinal View Post
    Putting this mildly (just my opinion, of course), it's uncool to speculate openly about what other people may or may not have done without any actual facts. To put it more harshly, it's potentially libelous, and I don't think you, or any other poster on this board, really wants to go there.
    There's alot of things that are uncool. One of them I was speculating on. I doubt I'll be sued for libel for a couple of years(depends on good behavior). Then again, I think my little posts would've been one of the smallest things that would have damaged his reputation. . Can you agree on that? BTW, I believe that BK was brilliant in his own way. I also believe that the current eyes on the industry's grey market may have been prompted by him. He had alot of information to be given(Sourcing raws in China, grey market supplements, how online steroid sources operate, etc.). He actually ran an online operation like those that were busted. Make any sense yet?
  3. Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by DR.D View Post
    I don't think 'domino' effect is the proper term here.
    I was trying to refrain from using "snitch." That would've been libelous.
    •   

4. Registered User

BTW, my speculation is the result of reading the very dismal and bleak posts by BK(before he went to jail) concerning the grey market side of sports supplements. He seemed to allude that everything was going to be over soon and that only he knew the exact nature of its severity.
  5. Registered User
    Stats
    6'0"  228 lbs.

Quote Originally Posted by slow-mun View Post
    I was trying to refrain from using "snitch." That would've been libelous.
    You were actually very kind IMO! Call it what you want, but there's some reason he only got two years and everybody else is getting 5-20, plus he stated many times that something was coming, but tried blaming it on the Olympics or some crap like that.

Also, I don't think slang terms or general speculation are libelous. Time will prove what happened, but it would not surprise me one bit if you are correct in your speculations, if I understand what you may be saying and if you understand what I might be saying.
  6. Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by GFH View Post
    People thinking one person sparked this whole deal need to take a step back and look at the current situation. The majority of the labs that were busted were open sourcing on public web boards.

If you got onto a board, which wasn't hard, all you had to do was hang around for a while... be a good bro, and you could get a source. Gear boards have been around since the mid 90's and it was well known back then that there were lots of LE's patrolling the boards. Everyone was very cautious of what they were doing and everyone was being safe.

With the internet blowing up and everyone getting online, people became reckless as hell... the LE agents that were online 10 years ago are still online today, but the scene just gotten sloppy as ****. If you can log into a board and see a section dedicated to "APPROVED SOURCES" its only a matter of time before something happens. And it happened.

Regardless of you feelings on the situation, the sources were recklessly breaking laws. It was only a matter of time.
    I don't believe one person sparked the whole thing, but I think one person might have made the DEA's job a hell of alot easier. Especially someone who-

1.Knew China's steroidal powder industry better than anyone else.
    2.Operated an online steroid company.
    3.Designed hormonal supplements.
    4.Knew the grey market side of popular sports supplements.
    5.Was facing several decades of jail time, yet only received a few years.

Can anyone else tell me who else would have possibly contributed to the DEA's cause better than that? I'm just trying to get others to think about the current situation and some of the events that have led up to them. I've yet to directly accuse anyone.
  7. Registered User

this sh*t sucks... all the gear is gonna get dirtier once the good suppliers are gone
    Get your FREE RIPPED GUIDE

www.newstarathletics.com/rippedfree
  8. Banned

Quote Originally Posted by sublimejeh View Post
    this sh*t sucks... all the gear is gonna get dirtier once the good suppliers are gone
    again, thanks for keeping me safe DEA!!

enjoy the millions in back taxes you will be picked up from the people you arrested.

anyone notice how in every single article something about searching for the names of professional athletes was mentioned? since when are government agencies enforcing professional athletic rules?

i hope these jerk offs get cancer
  9. Registered User

I wonder how serious they are about going after the "average" consumers they have on some of these labs lists and intercepted emails :/

10. Registered User
    Stats
    5'8"  212 lbs.

I wonder how serious they are about going after the "average" consumers they have on some of these labs lists and intercepted emails :/
    Given the sheer volume of business that these labs did, I wouldn't suspect that they would come down on the patrons of these labs. That is of course unless there are certain patrons that have a history of purchasing obsene quantities, then they might swoop in and save the day like the heros they are. I can't imagine though that these labs would keep very extensive records on past transactions in order to protect theirselves and their consumers... who knows what will come of all this nonsense.

We have previously deported illegal aliens who have been repeatedly deported as a result of violent crimes, sexual offenses and drug trafficking (the dangerous kind) coming across our borders everyday without worry and commiting the same crimes that got them deported before and yet, our government prefers to skirt the issue and turn their backs on arguably the #1 concern for this nation: Protecting our nation by securing our borders!!! If we get attacked again, where do you think they will enter the U.S from??

I don't understand how busting steroid labs cracking down on performance enhancing hormones has taken precedance over the welfare and security of the citizens of the U.S

I wonder how many tax dollars were spent on this ridiculous escapade?? This is all very unfortunate!!
  11. Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by preston25 View Post
    What we need is another administration in office. One with different priorities than invading our privacy which no longer exists. We have all been scared into believing, or buying into there fear propaganda. Pumping fear into our ears is the only way they are able to get away with all there illegal, hypocritical bull****. You know the same people who preach that they are holier than thou are the same individuals reaching under your toilet stall. Change the direction change the priorities.
    Dude I don't want to turn this intoo a political discussion but you are fooling yourself if you think a democrat president will be any easier on this stuff. Steroid users and fitness enthusiasts are an easy target because they don't tote guns, and don't have the backing of any special interest groups. They are also an easy story for the press to hash up when they don't have any real news. Aside from that, regardless of how you feel about the Bush administration's foreign policy, just think of how it would be if there were no war on terror. He would have to go after someone right? If you think you have a target on your back now, just wait until your beloved John Edwards or any of his (lawyer) ilk get power. You will rue the day, Rue it I tell you!!!!!!!1
  12. Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by slow-mun View Post
    Anyone else think this was the domino that brought the rest down. I believe his sentence was reduced, considering the charges.
    wbztv.com - Police Bust 'Steroid Guru' In Canton
    As usual the news media really went in depth on that one.
  13. Gold Member

Quote Originally Posted by GFH View Post
    They are all pretty much confirmed. The majority of them were open sources on SSB and SSB gave up the admin rights to LE.
    I dont think SSB has been "taken over", its actually run out of the country so I'm not sure. I think that rumor originated here:

http://www.signonsandiego.com/news/m...70924russo.pdf
  14. Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Leggo my Ego View Post

I wonder how many tax dollars were spent on this ridiculous escapade?? This is all very unfortunate!!

read the indictments. these guys owe every cent they may or may not have made to the government now. the DEA is making MILLIONS off of this.
  15. Registered User
    Stats
    5'10"  180 lbs.

Quote Originally Posted by Leggo my Ego View Post
    I can't imagine though that these labs would keep very extensive records on past transactions in order to protect theirselves and their consumers... who knows what will come of all this nonsense.
    I would not be surprised if some of these guys did keep good records...

That would protect themselves - they have folks to turn over to plea bargain (maybe).
  16. Gold Member

Quote Originally Posted by jmh80 View Post
    I would not be surprised if some of these guys did keep good records...

That would protect themselves - they have folks to turn over to plea bargain (maybe).
    well it would also incriminate them and cops don't go down the chain they go up it. They might have kept records of how they got theirs raws though.
  17. Registered User
    Stats
    5'10"  180 lbs.

Quote Originally Posted by aspire210 View Post
    well it would also incriminate them and cops don't go down the chain they go up it. They might have kept records of how they got theirs raws though.
    I dunno bro. Mentions of the possibility of going down the chain in a few articles.

That will be up to the local cops, I think.

I wouldn't assume X or Y will or won't happen though. None of us really knows.
    Hell - look at the magnitude of this investigation. Mind boggling.
  18. Gold Member

Quote Originally Posted by jmh80 View Post
    I dunno bro. Mentions of the possibility of going down the chain in a few articles.

That will be up to the local cops, I think.

I wouldn't assume X or Y will or won't happen though. None of us really knows.
    Hell - look at the magnitude of this investigation. Mind boggling.
    Maybe down the chain to localized suppliers, ie big orders from online suppliers, but not to the average 3 or 4 bottle buyer. Considering the business some of these people had it wouldn't be feasible to move down the chain on everyone.
  19. Registered User

A lot of people are gonna be screwed on this website if they go down the chain... I know that much
  20. Registered User

They aren't going to go after even 99% of people buying from these labs for the sheer fact that it would cost way too much money to prosecute every single person and a huge waste of time.

Then again, our federal government is just that: a huge waste of money and time.
  21. Registered User
    Stats
    5'7"  230 lbs.

It saddens me to think there is so much that could be done with the money and resources they spend on this type of project, that would benefit abused children and families. It's a shame the .GOV doesn't focus on real issues that could positively change the lives of many abused, hungry and homeless people....

Don't get me started on Katrina.....

Much Love,

Neoborn
  22. Registered User

seems like theres more labs being added to the list everyday!

Heres an updated list as of last night

List of those that are confirmed busted to in this raid

Genera Pharms
    huma labs
    API
    the professor
    Vizion Pharms
    rugio
    Genescience
    Pro Pharm
    Osoca
    Bodyz
    SIUG
    Leo
    Titan supply
    anabolic-superstore
    Southern Labs
    spyder
    AML
    Rugio
    PowerLine
    US Pharma
    usp pharma
    Tweak
    aka pitbull
    gym ace aka Steroidsuper Board
    GALABS
    SAMAR
    BTLabs
    savannah
    (promethus)
    GasMAN
    Joe Gold
    Couture
    Gymvet
    Gavin Kane
    Mamta
    Anabolic-superstore
    Titan Med Supply
    Bodyz by Desgin
    SAVANAH
    vision aka phoenix pharm
    GYMVet
    RLS
    Propeptides

23. Banned
    Stats
    6'2"  225 lbs.

24. Banned

woo

based on that list i am safe.
  25. Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by pistonpump View Post
    is SSB still up and running? i dont really want to check for myself haha.
    I tried two nights ago and it was a dead link, I would avoid it. As you can see from the list that was posted (and i'm sure it will be deleted soon enough) that the majority of the busted were reputable sources there....however like jomi, none of my friends were on it.

jecko
  26. Banned
    Stats
    6'2"  225 lbs.

i was glad to see im safe from that list too. i guess stay with private sources and stay clear from anyone on open boards for now.
  27. Registered User

that list is apparently wrong... its just a list of sources that were ON ssb, not a list of sources who were actually busted....
  28. Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by dsw222 View Post
    that list is apparently wrong... its just a list of sources that were ON ssb, not a list of sources who were actually busted....
    that is a list i pulled frm another forum that said "CONFIRMED" busted

29. Banned

I have a similar list, all confirmed busted with 2 of them not being related to raw deal.
  30. Registered User

i know... thats exactly the problem.

people run around copy pasting things they see at other forums and never stop to ask "who confirmed these? or how would they even get this information?"
  31. Banned
    Stats
    6'2"  225 lbs.

http://www.projo.com/pdf/2007/09/200...indictment.pdf

id stay off PM.com too. It only feels like major heat over there. I hear the mods and sources there are going down and the Board Keeper ("A") is covering it up. eh, believe what you want but be safe.

i have nothing to worry about because in all actuallity im just a poser, a wannabe, who has never been in contact with a steroid in my life.
  32. Oldtimer
    Board Sponsor

Quote Originally Posted by dsw222 View Post
    i know... thats exactly the problem.

people run around copy pasting things they see at other forums and never stop to ask "who confirmed these? or how would they even get this information?"
    we pulled that from our Inner Circle and it has been confirmed. dont make Sub out to be a copy paister guy
  33. Running with the Big Boys
    Board Sponsor
    Stats
    5'10"  200 lbs.

again however, what about stuff even being sold here? do we need to have a moratorium on stuff at NP that fall into this category just for safety sake?

BTW..... is that the Genera of Epidrol fame?
  34. Registered User
    Stats
    5'8"  212 lbs.

Quote Originally Posted by Reaper329 View Post

no

Nothing on Nutra is a Scheduled substance so there's nothing to worry about at all in that respect...
  35. Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by Reaper329 View Post
    again however, what about stuff even being sold here? do we need to have a moratorium on stuff at NP that fall into this category just for safety sake?

What stuff being sold? Everything being sold there is completely legal. A company as big as that would not risk selling illegal products.
  36. Registered User

From another article here are some choice quotes:

"DEA successfully attacked the illegal steroid industry at every level of its distribution network - from the manufacturers in China who supply the raw materials, to the traffickers in the United States who market the deadly doses," said DEA Administrator Karen P. Tandy. "Operation Raw Deal uncovered a clandestine web of international drug dealers who lurk on the Internet for young adults craving the artificial advantage of anabolic steroids. Today we reveal the truth behind the underground steroid market: dangerous drugs cooked up all too often in filthy conditions with no regard to safety, giving Americans who purchase them the ultimate raw deal."
    "Whenever someone uses the U.S. Mail to send anything that they know is dangerous, illegal or counterfeit, postal inspectors are prepared to find them and arrest them in order to preserve the integrity of the mail," said Chief Postal Inspector Alexander Lazaroff of the United States Postal Inspection Service. "I am proud to partner in this operation to stop the suppliers of anabolic steroids and the customers who purchase them, so that the mail will not be an ingredient in this deadly recipe."

I mean, is this misinformation or just a case of extreme mental retardation? Well, thank God the mail is safe once again.
  37. NutraPlanet Fanatic
    Board Sponsor

Quote Originally Posted by Redeemer View Post
    From another article here are some choice quotes:

"DEA successfully attacked the illegal steroid industry at every level of its distribution network - from the manufacturers in China who supply the raw materials, to the traffickers in the United States who market the deadly doses," said DEA Administrator Karen P. Tandy. "Operation Raw Deal uncovered a clandestine web of international drug dealers who lurk on the Internet for young adults craving the artificial advantage of anabolic steroids. Today we reveal the truth behind the underground steroid market: dangerous drugs cooked up all too often in filthy conditions with no regard to safety, giving Americans who purchase them the ultimate raw deal."
    "Whenever someone uses the U.S. Mail to send anything that they know is dangerous, illegal or counterfeit, postal inspectors are prepared to find them and arrest them in order to preserve the integrity of the mail," said Chief Postal Inspector Alexander Lazaroff of the United States Postal Inspection Service. "I am proud to partner in this operation to stop the suppliers of anabolic steroids and the customers who purchase them, so that the mail will not be an ingredient in this deadly recipe."

I mean, is this misinformation or just a case of extreme mental retardation? Well, thank God the mail is safe once again.
    Yeah...except for Anthrax-laden letters.

Oh yeah...wasn't that a massive priority to find THOSE people and bring them to justice? When exactly did their resolve fail them in that respect?
    Evolutionary Muse - Inspire to Evolve
    BPS - Where Body meets Performance
    Flawless Skin Couture - We give you the tools to make you Flawless
  38. Banned

well...now instead of experienced people using what im sure are cleaner conditions than that desribed...using filters, measuring scales, BA, EO etc....people are going to be converting cattle pellets in their kitchens.

i find it ironic they can single out sterility issues when they prevent sources/customers from obtaining better equipment/conditions, and then bust the most reputable dealers (who became reputable from making sure their gear was clean) so that we must not lower our standards once again.

the sterility issue wouldnt be there if steroids werent illegal in the first place. does the DEA even remember they asked congress NOT to make steroids illegal in 91'.

simply unbelievable
  39. NutraPlanet Fanatic
    Board Sponsor

well...now instead of experienced people using what im sure are cleaner conditions than that desribed...using filters, measuring scales, BA, EO etc....people are going to be converting cattle pellets in their kitchens.

i find it ironic they can single out sterility issues when they prevent sources/customers from obtaining better equipment/conditions, and then bust the most reputable dealers (who became reputable from making sure their gear was clean) so that we must not lower our standards once again.

the sterility issue wouldnt be there if steroids werent illegal in the first place. does the DEA even remember they asked congress NOT to make steroids illegal in 91'.

simply unbelievable
    Oceania has always been at war with East Asia. We have never been at war with Eurasia.
    Evolutionary Muse - Inspire to Evolve
    BPS - Where Body meets Performance
    Flawless Skin Couture - We give you the tools to make you Flawless
  40. Registered User
    Stats
    7'5"  600 lbs.

simply unbelievable
    You have to remember, that Congress, and our elected Congressmen, know far more than we ever could, about anything you ask them about!

Take Orrin Hatch for example. He was smart enough to get PH's banned. But then last year he helped get a music producer off of FOREIGN drug charged in the UAE. This 'kid' had coke and X. Hatch did some international hob nobbing, and used his expertise in the field of 'drugs' and was able to get this 'kid' out of a possible life imprisonment and or execution for possession. His reason was "He's a good guy and didn't know they were illegal to have in that country".

But this 'kid' had come FROM THE FSUCKING USA TO UAE!

So you can see, they know volumes more than we ever could.

(This kid has also helped produce some of Hatchs religious music, that he makes around $40K per year on....on a totally unrelated note)
  •   

Similar Forum Threads

1. Replies: 5
    Last Post: 03-19-2014, 12:42 PM
  2. Replies: 24
    Last Post: 11-29-2006, 12:29 AM
  3. Couple accused of running steroids lab from home
    By David Dunn in forum News and Articles
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 08-16-2005, 03:39 PM
  4. Replies: 34
    Last Post: 12-26-2004, 12:14 PM