Man Arrested for Having Big Muscles

CDB

CDB

Awards
  • Established
Man arrested for having big muscles
The Local - Man arrested for having big muscles

A well-built man was forced to take a drugs test in Stockholm recently after a police officer assumed that muscles like his could only have been developed with the help of illegal substances.

The female assistant police officer got into a conversation with Tomislav Boduljak and his friend late at night in central Stockholm.

According to Boduljak, 27, the police officer was pleasant at first, but changed her attitude when he said he worked out. Saying his muscles were 'abnormal', she said he must have used drugs.

"I asked if she didn't think it possible that I work out a lot and eat well. She said that if someone looks like me, she assumes they have taken drugs," he told Metro.

Despite Boduljak's assurances that he didn't use steroids, she forced him to go to the police station and give a urine test. In her report, the officer said he had "unusually large muscles, particularly large arm muscles, which are a sign of steroid use."

The test was negative, and Boduljak made an official complaint against the police officer. Prosecutors looked into the case, but decided not to pursue it.

Janne Magnusson, an officer at Stockholm Police's drugs unit, told Metro that he thought that the officer had been "a bit too ambitious".

Sunder

Sunder

Awards
  • Established
Holy crap - remind me never to visit that country. Well, not that they'd actually suspect anything with me, lol, but I just don't like their ideology.

Makes me want to say that police chick is an ignorant idiot - which is clearly an indication of drug abuse. Send her to rehab.

Are they going to arrest hot girls walking by? "There's no way those breasts are natural! Get into the slammer! You can't be that naturally thin!"

"Hey you! Yes you! Stop right there! I see you're smiling. I see nothing funny around here - are you a pothead?"

Reminds me of this one person who got a better mark than me in science. Sure wish they had drug testing back then because they were obviously doing something illegal - because I studied hard - and they still were better than me.

pistonpump

pistonpump

Banned
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
thats pretty insane. Makes me think the particular pig had a grudge or something against the guy, maybe just jealous and being a prick.

Australian made

Australian made

Awards
  • Established
Stockholm is in Sweden. Swedish chicks are hot!Plus she was in police uniform. I forgive her.

pistonpump

pistonpump

Banned
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
oh it was a female pig? a hot sow?.....okay i forgive her! haaha

CDB

CDB

Awards
  • Established
oh it was a female pig? a hot sow?.....okay i forgive her! haaha
One of the hottest women I know is Norwegian in ancestry. Tall, blonde, athletic exdancer. Complete sweetheart too. Too bad she wasn't interested in me. One of the few chicks who made me think marraige might be a worthwhile hobby.

dsade

dsade

NutraPlanet Fanatic
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Keep an eye on the direction THIS country is heading. The populace is so complacent (in the name of laziness and security) and hostile to both steroids AND extremely good shape, that it won't be long until this is considered acceptable probable cause.

CNorris

CNorris

Banned
Awards
  • Established
Keep an eye on the direction THIS country is heading. The populace is so complacent (in the name of laziness and security) and hostile to both steroids AND extremely good shape, that it won't be long until this is considered acceptable probable cause.
I had a 12 year old kid ask me what my tub of protein was on top of my fridge. I told him it was good to eat after lifting weights since it helps feed your muscles, so he says "Is it like steroids?"

Kids are so brainwashed by anti steroid campaigns now its pathetic. I told a guy at the gym once I take amino acids and he says "Guys like Arnold now they they regret doing that stuff." F-ing grown man thinks amino acids are steroids.

jomi822

jomi822

Banned
Awards
  • Established
agreed.

CDB

CDB

Awards
  • Established
I had a 12 year old kid ask me what my tub of protein was on top of my fridge. I told him it was good to eat after lifting weights since it helps feed your muscles, so he says "Is it like steroids?"

Kids are so brainwashed by anti steroid campaigns now its pathetic. I told a guy at the gym once I take amino acids and he says "Guys like Arnold now they they regret doing that stuff." F-ing grown man thinks amino acids are steroids.
The really sad part is there are some 'doctors' who are just as moronic it seems.

Pioneer

Pioneer

Awards
  • Established
Wow now if that isn't a complement I dont know what is...

RedwolfWV

RedwolfWV

Awards
  • Established
Sheeze... Now I'm gonna be on 2 watch lists.... one for working out, and one for being a gun owner. Guess I'm screwed!

Jayhawkk

Jayhawkk

Legend
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
If that ever becomes probable cause for testing, i'll pack my **** and move to another country...I'll just have to research their laws before taking the 'grass is greener' route.

Sunder

Sunder

Awards
  • Established
I told a guy at the gym once I take amino acids and he says "Guys like Arnold now they they regret doing that stuff." F-ing grown man thinks amino acids are steroids.
Same thing happened to me. I was drinking my BCAA's in the locker room after working out.

"What are you drinking?"
"BCAA's"
"What's that?"
"It's like a protein drink, only broken down more."
"Sounds like steroids to me. Why would you do that?"

"OK, you got me Mr. Genius. But don't worry, it's NATURAL steroids. It's crushed bull testicles I get from a local farmer. It's more expensive than when I was castrating stray cats in the area, but it works so much better..wanna taste?"

(Ok, I never said that last part to him - I tried explaining protein, etc. But I DID say that last part to a co-worker one time, lol."

gdbear65

gdbear65

Awards
  • Established
everyday people are just idiots when it comes to bodybuilding

SubliminalX

SubliminalX

Awards
  • Established
I doubt big muscles will ever be "probable cause" in the US. That parallels other superficial characteristics such as skin color.... and that's just an area no law enforcement agency in their right mind is going to push.

What's really appalling is that dude allowed himself to be taken in for that. And the world always wants to accuse Americans for being "sheeple" whenever they get a chance to. Just pay attention to the world and it's scary how many countries have citizens who just accept government intrusion as normal -- like Britain and its billion-jillion-zillion security cameras in public.

Dr Packenwood

Dr Packenwood

Awards
  • Established
My girlfriend has a smile on her face, so yup..you guessed it. I have a huge unit. Better bring me in for questioning.

silverSurfer

silverSurfer

Awards
  • Established
Agreed

If that ever becomes probable cause for testing, i'll pack my **** and move to another country...I'll just have to research their laws before taking the 'grass is greener' route.
Same here.

... this is ******* irritating!

thesinner

thesinner

Recovering AXoholic
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
however, unless there's been changes in legislation I'm not aware of, the united states government does not have jurisdiction to regulate what happens in your system.

As far as I know, it is perfectly legal to inject in mexico and waltz back into the US.

dsade

dsade

NutraPlanet Fanatic
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
however, unless there's been changes in legislation I'm not aware of, the united states government does not have jurisdiction to regulate what happens in your system.

As far as I know, it is perfectly legal to inject in mexico and waltz back into the US.
Give me a decent forum and I will argue that you are either a) under the influence (soon to be illegal with the benoit press, I would bet) or b) since they are long lasting esters, you are in possession of steroids, albeit INSIDE your body.

T-AD

T-AD

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Wow...this story is just f'n nuts...

I actually was asked by my parents once if my protein shakes would hinder my ability to have kids. GEESH!! My mom's a friggin nurse, and my dad's a former athlete! What the hell?!? And then there's my wife, who I have to explain everything to before I want to buy something just so she doesn't think it'll make me shoot blanks. Pisses me off. I just started not telling what things are or what they do - it's not like they'll understand anyway. I just don't have THAT kind of time on my hands...

thesinner

thesinner

Recovering AXoholic
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
Give me a decent forum and I will argue that you are either a) under the influence (soon to be illegal with the benoit press, I would bet) or b) since they are long lasting esters, you are in possession of steroids, albeit INSIDE your body.
That's what I mean, with the current legslation (as far as I know), case B holds no ground in the US. Yes, they will try to bust you for it, but in a court of law this can be easily overriden under the fact that they do not have the right to govern what's happening inside your metabolism.

These laws get pretty complex and specific (beyond my understanding of law), but I know there's been presendence where blatant proof of illegal actions had to be ignored in the court of law due to the fact that it was inside a person's blood stream, stomach, etc.

jomi822

jomi822

Banned
Awards
  • Established
as of now legislators and/or police officers are not eduacated enough to understand how estrified steroids work. Steroids are still seen as a recreational drug, same as marijuana or cocaine. Drug with short half lives.

Are you going to bust a cocaine user for possession of cocaine when he has already used it? you may be able to get him on something else (public nuisance, disorderly conduct, etc) but once he has used the drug there is no evidence to present in court.

A judge could probably be convinced that some steroids are simply very long acting...and in that case you are just "high" and not in possession.

all that being said. our legal system is a joke.

thesinner

thesinner

Recovering AXoholic
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
as of now legislators and/or police officers are not eduacated enough to understand how estrified steroids work. Steroids are still seen as a recreational drug, same as marijuana or cocaine. Drug with short half lives.

Are you going to bust a cocaine user for possession of cocaine when he has already used it? you may be able to get him on something else (public nuisance, disorderly conduct, etc) but once he has used the drug there is no evidence to present in court.

A judge could probably be convinced that some steroids are simply very long acting...and in that case you are just "high" and not in possession.

Thank you. That is exactly what I was trying to say.

Beige

Awards
  • Established
my pops told me that once on acid he got pulled over in south carolina. he had nothing illegal on him but was taken into custody on the basis of what i think he called the Meyers Act. whatever it was basically gave the cop permission to detain him without possession of any substances. he probably looked all f*cked up, which was reason enough to get bagged. now when strangers compliment my physique should i be ready for this?

also i heard that like 10 wwe wrestlers just got hit for juice. the publicity is amazing with this stuff.

thesinner

thesinner

Recovering AXoholic
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
my pops told me that once on acid he got pulled over in south carolina. he had nothing illegal on him but was taken into custody on the basis of what i think he called the Meyers Act. whatever it was basically gave the cop permission to detain him without possession of any substances. he probably looked all f*cked up, which was reason enough to get bagged. now when strangers compliment my physique should i be ready for this?

also i heard that like 10 wwe wrestlers just got hit for juice. the publicity is amazing with this stuff.
Yes, you can be detained if you are under the influence of drugs (i.e. drunk in public). I have a friend who was arrested for being under the influence. He was geeked off adderall, but the cop had no idea or means of finding that out. My boy was given the breatalyzer test, passed it, but was still detained because "he was definitely on something".

Beige

Awards
  • Established
Yes, you can be detained if you are under the influence of drugs (i.e. drunk in public). I have a friend who was arrested for being under the influence. He was geeked off adderall, but the cop had no idea or means of finding that out. My boy was given the breatalyzer test, passed it, but was still detained because "he was definitely on something".
that's exactly what i'm getting at. the discretion here is left up to the officers feelings and not his findings. this is very similar to a cop arresting you on the basis of a muscular appearance. with steroids being critcized and blamed so much in the media, it might be a matter of time before the public views a bodybuilder with the same suspicion as the guy that's laughing with bloodshot eyes.

CDB

CDB

Awards
  • Established
that's exactly what i'm getting at. the discretion here is left up to the officers feelings and not his findings. this is very similar to a cop arresting you on the basis of a muscular appearance. with steroids being critcized and blamed so much in the media, it might be a matter of time before the public views a bodybuilder with the same suspicion as the guy that's laughing with bloodshot eyes.
With all the morons out there I can conceive of a judge locking up a suspected steroid user to make sure he didn't have an incident of 'roid rage in public.

CDB

CDB

Awards
  • Established
that cop has got to be kidding me....and no kind of punishment for her stupid and inconvenient actions?
Of course not. That's what you get when you put state (read: police) power over the freedom of individual citizens. It's the same reason cops who 'accidentally' kill people in botched drug raids on the wrong house also don't get punished. I mean after all, dead and inconvenienced citizens aren't a problem, but a possible questioning of authority? That can't be tolerated.

dsade

dsade

NutraPlanet Fanatic
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
g29er

g29er

Awards
You took the words right out of my mouth bro,and people say they are more liberal in Europe,apparently not.

sportsterdann

sportsterdann

Awards
The Pigs in Sweden is out to set a statement..
2 of our top fitness athletes BUSTED
1 top bodybuilder BUSTED
1 top K1 Fighter BUSTED (also with big trapz according to the news)
all this in one week.....

dsade

dsade

NutraPlanet Fanatic
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
The Pigs in Sweden is out to set a statement..
2 of our top fitness athletes BUSTED
1 top bodybuilder BUSTED
1 top K1 Fighter BUSTED (also with big trapz according to the news)
all this in one week.....
Ahhh...nothing like encouraging the populace to be complacent, weak fatties.

justreading

justreading

Banned
Awards
  • Established

what the F???? Driving on Acid??? That give DUI a whole new meaning!

Aussie

Aussie

Awards
Stockholm is in Sweden. Swedish chicks are hot!Plus she was in police uniform. I forgive her.
Too bloody true. Although she must be a real prejudicial farkwit. :think:

I know a guy who was banned from his gym because he was too big and they assumed he wasn't natural. Even if he wasn't natural (which he was) that's a really dumb way to run a business.

CDB

CDB

Awards
  • Established
Too bloody true. Although she must be a real prejudicial farkwit. :think:

I know a guy who was banned from his gym because he was too big and they assumed he wasn't natural. Even if he wasn't natural (which he was) that's a really dumb way to run a business.
Sounds like a case of PlanetFitnessitus.

jomi822

jomi822

Banned
Awards
  • Established
what the F???? Driving on Acid??? That give DUI a whole new meaning!
actually it is illegal to do drive while under the influence. that is why they changed the designation from DWI to DUI

DWI- driving while intoxicated (drunk)
DUI- driving under the influence (alcohol,weed,lsd,prescription drugs, etc)

neoborn

neoborn

Awards
  • Established
I am currently training for a new job and I was telling them a story of great customer service aka from Nutraplanet. I told them this is where I buy all my supplements and then the whole crowd chimed in pretty much stereophonically "steroids"....sigh

Apparently Supplements = Steroids ....f'n noobs. I took it as a compliment and meaning that I must be doing something right looking good n all :D

Much Love,

Neoborn

dsade

dsade

NutraPlanet Fanatic
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
beallio

beallio

Awards

There was a US appelate court that ruled an individual is not in possesion of an illegal narcotic if they had ingested the substance, and through the use of a testing agent law enforcement officials discovered the drug. Now being intoxicated under an illegal narcotic could land you with a DUI, but not possession.

dsade

dsade

NutraPlanet Fanatic
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
There was a US appelate court that ruled an individual is not in possesion of an illegal narcotic if they had ingested the substance, and through the use of a testing agent law enforcement officials discovered the drug. Now being intoxicated under an illegal narcotic could land you with a DWI, but not possession.
Interesting...you mean they were reasonable?

My compliments to whatever court that was. This and the recent patriot act/warrantless search beaing thrown out makes me think that many people in the right places are finally sick of this.

Keep the faith.

CDB

CDB

Awards
  • Established
Interesting...you mean they were reasonable?

My compliments to whatever court that was. This and the recent patriot act/warrantless search beaing thrown out makes me think that many people in the right places are finally sick of this.

Keep the faith.
Don't count on it. The three branches of the government are more likely to work hand in hand to screw us than hold each other back. It's nice to see a judge striking down an unconstitutional law, but another can just as easily validate the law, or the congress can rewrite it to try and deal with the seperation of powers issues. If you can convince judges to 'stretch' the constitution to rid the world of the evils of drugs, you can find judges to do likewise with terrorism as the excuse.

jomi822

jomi822

Banned
Awards
  • Established
Don't count on it. The three branches of the government are more likely to work hand in hand to screw us than hold each other back. It's nice to see a judge striking down an unconstitutional law, but another can just as easily validate the law, or the congress can rewrite it to try and deal with the seperation of powers issues. If you can convince judges to 'stretch' the constitution to rid the world of the evils of drugs, you can find judges to do likewise with terrorism as the excuse.
the 3 branches were originally created to watch each other and prevent the other branches from becoming more powerful. They were not designed to work hand in hand as they do today.

with the implementation of the long lasting two party system, the 3 branches are more likely to work in conjunction with one another to pass whatever law the party head wants...

btw drugs are badddd