WTF- Japan injects a trillion yen into the market !

anabolicrhino

anabolicrhino

Awards
  • Established
Japan injects 1 trillion yen into market

"The Bank of Japan joined similar overnight moves by the U.S. and European counterparts -- the first time the central banks took such action together since the Sept. 11, 2001,"

...me thinks something is up !:run:

Dagron

Dagron

Awards
:goodpost: this is very interesting. the government should stay out of the sub-prime problem and let the markets correct themselves. I see no reason to bail people out for their own poor decisions.
The Federal Reserve has nothing to do with the Federal Government.

CDB

CDB

Awards
  • Established
The Federal Reserve has nothing to do with the Federal Government.
Incorrect. Monetary policy generally correlates with presidents desired policies. And huge injections of funds like this if you follow the new MPrime measure of money supply have a good record of preceeding recessions.

Dagron

Dagron

Awards
Incorrect. Monetary policy generally correlates with presidents desired policies. And huge injections of funds like this if you follow the new MPrime measure of money supply have a good record of preceeding recessions.
The Federal Reserve is a group of private banks and is not affiliated with any United Stated government agency. The President of the United States is allowed by law to choose whom he appoints to the Board of Governors of the Fed, but other than that, the Fed does as it pleases without regard for any laws or governmental agencies.

CDB

CDB

Awards
  • Established
The Federal Reserve is a group of private banks and is not affiliated with any United Stated government agency. The President of the United States is allowed by law to choose whom he appoints to the Board of Governors of the Fed, but other than that, the Fed does as it pleases without regard for any laws or governmental agencies.
Very good, you've proven you can read a history book and absorb propoganda. The fact remains monetary policy tends to follow the president's lead. If you truly think the Fed is independent of the Federal Government you need to lose a significant amount of naivety on the subject. Arthur Burns is a perfect example. There are also several papers following monetary policies over the decades that all show a general trend for the Fed to follow the president's lead. Here's a good article detailing some of the political corruption inherent to the Fed.

Dagron

Dagron

Awards
Very good, you've proven you can read a history book and absorb propoganda. The fact remains monetary policy tends to follow the president's lead. If you truly think the Fed is independent of the Federal Government you need to lose a significant amount of naivety on the subject. Arthur Burns is a perfect example. There are also several papers following monetary policies over the decades that all show a general trend for the Fed to follow the president's lead. Here's a good article detailing some of the political corruption inherent to the Fed.
The truth about the Fed is far more sinister than it being a mere tool of the President's whims. But at least we agree that the Fed isn't a good thing.

CDB

CDB

Awards
  • Established
The truth about the Fed is far more sinister than it being a mere tool of the President's whims. But at least we agree that the Fed isn't a good thing.
I never said i was merely anything, just that it was not independent of the federal government.

anabolicrhino

anabolicrhino

Awards
  • Established
I never said i was merely anything, just that it was not independent of the federal government.
You could say without an uncertain degree of accuracy that the federal government is owned by the Federal Reserve banks.

Squeaks4ver

Squeaks4ver

Awards
  • Established
protecting against china's "nuclear" option... i think someone posted on this already