Diet Soda Linked To Heart Problems - AnabolicMinds.com

Diet Soda Linked To Heart Problems

1. Senior Member

Exclamation Diet Soda Linked To Heart Problems

Study: Diet Soda Linked to Heart Risks

Diet soda good for losing weight, bad for living long !

2. Elite Member
    Stats
    5'9"  .5 lbs.

I saw this on the news last night. I'm not sure what their correlation factors include when they make judgement about this due to diet does not use sugar and regular soda does.

I think also too MANY individuals who drink straight syrup soda are....overweight, fat, and unhealthy.

The fact that they are talking about blood sugar and cholesterol, etc ,etc does not make sense either.
  3. Board Supporter

Quote Originally Posted by ReaperX View Post
    I saw this on the news last night. I'm not sure what their correlation factors include when they make judgement about this due to diet does not use sugar and regular soda does.

I think also too MANY individuals who drink straight syrup soda are....overweight, fat, and unhealthy.

The fact that they are talking about blood sugar and cholesterol, etc ,etc does not make sense either.
    I saw this last night as well, another example of bending studies to support your wishes. There were NO test subjects and NO controls on the study, it just said that people who drank soda were prone to heart disease...nevermind the fact the most of those people also ate total crap constantly! The study did not research into the diets present, just the presence of soda... so, no correlation can be drawn.

I don't drink a lot of soda, sometimes a can or two of Diet Coke a day. Many days none. I am concerned about this study. NO.

They should do a study that drinking tap water increases the risk of heart disease, as I am sure everyone who has heart disease has imbibed some tap water! This is another example of bad science.
    •   

4. New Member

Sugar Free Soda

There was an MD on the radio a few minutes ago being interviewed. She was saying that in a different study, which may shed some light on the subject, that subjects swished diet sodas in their mouth for about 30 seconds and spit it out. Minutes later, the pancreas started producing insulin. It didn't matter that there were zero carbs or sugar. The brain sensed "sweet flavor" and began to secrete insulin. I'll find a link to the study.
  5. Board Supporter

Quote Originally Posted by galloglass View Post
    There was an MD on the radio a few minutes ago being interviewed. She was saying that in a different study, which may shed some light on the subject, that subjects swished diet sodas in their mouth for about 30 seconds and spit it out. Minutes later, the pancreas started producing insulin. It didn't matter that there were zero carbs or sugar. The brain sensed "sweet flavor" and began to secrete insulin. I'll find a link to the study.
    Now this would be a thousand times more enlightening and pertinent than the facts already cited...
  6. New Member

Quote Originally Posted by galloglass View Post

I've seen at least a dozen studies proving that neither aspartame, saccharin, nor sucralose invoke any kind of insulin response whatsoever.

The body does not produce insulin based on taste buds. That's one of the silliest things I've ever heard.

Similar Forum Threads

1. Testosterone "supplements" linked to heart attacks
    By OnionKnight in forum Male Anti-Aging Medicine
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 01-31-2014, 12:59 PM
  2. Replies: 24
    Last Post: 06-03-2007, 10:18 PM
  3. Replies: 0
    Last Post: 04-27-2007, 12:02 PM
  4. Med diet good for people with heart problems
    By yeahright in forum Nutrition / Health
    Replies: 0