Metallica's Frontman Part Of Al Queda

nycste

nycste

Awards
  • Established
wtf there arent any pictures

plus i dont like your title it might make some morons actually think this is true or something

sdmf45

sdmf45

Awards
  • Established
he should be arrested...for making load, reload and definitally st. anger, that should be 20years! :trout:

CRUNCH

CRUNCH

Awards
  • Established
he should be arrested...for making load, reload and definitally st. anger, that should be 20years! :trout:
Could not agree more!! Those last few CD's sucked big time! Wish they'd go back to their roots.The CD that had them playing with the orchestra was bad too.

mmowry

mmowry

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
The Black album was the beginning of the end for the True Metallica, luckily now theyre media and user friendly.:stick:

prld2gr8ns

prld2gr8ns

Idiot Savant
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
I must be in the minority here, I actually like their newer stuff(minus st. anger... never let lars rule the production sessions). Unforgiven, Wherever I May Roam, and No Leaf Clover(off of S&M) are three of my personal favs.

CRUNCH

CRUNCH

Awards
  • Established
I thought the Black album was mediocre, but that was the start of their new sound. There's a couple songs on Load and Reload that are ok, but nothing like the old stuff. I remember when I first got "And Justice For all". I listened to that entire thing over and over! I still know every word to every song on there.

The old stuff just seemd so much more angry, just loved banging my head to those songes. The last song they played on the radio, Some kind of Monster (I think) has got to be one of the absolute worst songs I've ever heard from any band. I'd listen to Boy George before I listened to that song again. Worse than finger nails on a chalk board.

sdmf45

sdmf45

Awards
  • Established
I thought the Black album was mediocre, but that was the start of their new sound. There's a couple songs on Load and Reload that are ok, but nothing like the old stuff. I remember when I first got "And Justice For all". I listened to that entire thing over and over! I still know every word to every song on there.

The old stuff just seemd so much more angry, just loved banging my head to those songes. The last song they played on the radio, Some kind of Monster (I think) has got to be one of the absolute worst songs I've ever heard from any band. I'd listen to Boy George before I listened to that song again. Worse than finger nails on a chalk board.
some kind of monster was fcukin terrible, but the first new song i heard of st. anger was "frantic" and that was worse than the gay ass backstreet boys. i don't think there is hope for them. did you see the movie some kind of monster? there was some estrogen flyin in that studio. :rofl:

CRUNCH

CRUNCH

Awards
  • Established
some kind of monster was fcukin terrible, but the first new song i heard of st. anger was "frantic" and that was worse than the gay ass backstreet boys. i don't think there is hope for them. did you see the movie some kind of monster? there was some estrogen flyin in that studio. :rofl:
I think I'm actually affraid to see that movie. My wife saw it and said she just can't look at them the same anymore.

sdmf45

sdmf45

Awards
  • Established
I think I'm actually affraid to see that movie. My wife saw it and said she just can't look at them the same anymore.
i didn't watch it for years after it came out and then one day it was on tv so i started watching it, and i laughed my ass off. she's right you won't look at them the same way, i think there all queer now! hetfield and lars cryin over some guitar parts. hetfield stormed out of the studio crying cause lars said something about the guitar part he made up. what a b*tch!

i almost forgot about the on site therapist that they paid over 1 million to be there the entire time. SAD!!!!

CRUNCH

CRUNCH

Awards
  • Established
I remember my wife talking about the therapist. WTF! Go drink some freaking whiskey like you used to do! And over $1 million they paid? Didn't know that...freaks!

Hetfield crying?? I just can't fathom that.

sdmf45

sdmf45

Awards
  • Established
I remember my wife talking about the therapist. WTF! Go drink some freaking whiskey like you used to do! And over $1 million they paid? Didn't know that...freaks!

Hetfield crying?? I just can't fathom that.
yeah you have to see it to believe it! i actually heard a leaked song from there new album coming up and its supposed to be like justice and lightning they said. :blink:

So i heard the song and it sounded like a reject song from st. anger. yes...it was that bad!

Rivet

Rivet

Awards
  • Established
Master of Puppets and Justice are my two faves...

prld2gr8ns

prld2gr8ns

Idiot Savant
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
i didn't watch it for years after it came out and then one day it was on tv so i started watching it, and i laughed my ass off. she's right you won't look at them the same way, i think there all queer now! hetfield and lars cryin over some guitar parts. hetfield stormed out of the studio crying cause lars said something about the guitar part he made up. what a b*tch!

i almost forgot about the on site therapist that they paid over 1 million to be there the entire time. SAD!!!!
I thought the cryfest with Lars and Dave Mustaine was quit entertaining. I like metallica...even after st. anger but Lars is a little pigmy demon goat prick.

Trauma1

Trauma1

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Master of Puppets and Justice are my two faves...
I have to agree here......puppets was the best imo. As for the new stuff it really wasn't that bad.....i think no leaf clover kicks ass, and load and reload weren't as bad as some hardcore fans make them out to be. Metallica always was and always will be kick ass in my book.......MEATALLICA :head:

mmowry

mmowry

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
Ride the Lightning and Killem All ruled.Master of Puppets and Justice for All were close but not to the same thrashing standard IMHO.

sdmf45

sdmf45

Awards
  • Established
I thought the cryfest with Lars and Dave Mustaine was quit entertaining. I like metallica...even after st. anger but Lars is a little pigmy demon goat prick.
:toofunny: :toofunny: :toofunny:

the cryfest was funny as hell it was just not what i expected to see from them!

prld2gr8ns

prld2gr8ns

Idiot Savant
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Yeah, it almost had me rethinking my "Countdown to Extinction" purchase after seeing that, but oh well, tough rock dieties need to cry to I suppose.

Trauma1

Trauma1

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Ride the Lightning and Killem All ruled.Master of Puppets and Justice for All were close but not to the same thrashing standard IMHO.
If i had to pick my favorite albums.......ride the lightning, puppets and justice take the cake......there is plenty of thrashing on justice though imo, ex. blackened, dyers eve. Puppets has battery and disposable heroes. Touring with ozzy during his ultimate sin tour with metallica opening must have been one hell of a show!!!

Zero Tolerance

Awards
  • Established
Metallica got softer with almost every album. Kill 'Em All was thrash metal. So was Ride the Lightening.. Master of Puppets was heavy metal. So was ...And Justice For All.. The Black Album was, well, I don't know for sure. It was okay with me but I knew things were changing.. I haven't owned a single track since then, however. I will never buy Load or anything after it unless it's like their old stuff..

It's funny how Megadeth can still be themselves but Metallica can't.. I think Dave Mustaine has definitely realized his dream of being a bigger, better metal band than Metallica.

prld2gr8ns

prld2gr8ns

Idiot Savant
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Metallica got softer with almost every album. Kill 'Em All was thrash metal. So was Ride the Lightening.. Master of Puppets was heavy metal. So was ...And Justice For All.. The Black Album was, well, I don't know for sure. It was okay with me but I knew things were changing.. I haven't owned a single track since then, however. I will never buy Load or anything after it unless it's like their old stuff..

It's funny how Megadeth can still be themselves but Metallica can't.. I think Dave Mustaine has definitely realized his dream of being a bigger, better metal band than Metallica.
What dave did was learn from his mistakes. After Cryptic Writings was successful he formulated an idea which included making another mainstream rock/pop album that he knew would be risky, hence the Album released after Cryptic was called "Risk". After the sh#tfest that it kicked up, and the moaning that he got from the fans he ACTUALLY listened and went back to what made Megadeth Megadeth in the first place.

Metallica did the same with the black album, it was more mainstream incorporating a lot of video and radio friendly songs, which for one album really sparks a interesting note. When the trend continued is when everyone starting getting peeved at them for appealing to the MTV audiences and(heaven forbid) cutting their hair. I think the songs on the newer albums are actually some good stuff, but I got into Metallica via black album so it was a style I associated with them. The root fan base would come back if James and Lars thought more like Dave, and beleived that advancements in music doesn't meaning revolutionizing a once great band into something that they never where.

lifted

lifted

Awards
  • Established
Yeah, it almost had me rethinking my "Countdown to Extinction"
Feeling paranoid true enemy or false friend,
anxiety's atacking me and the walls are closing in,
I'm in trouble for the things I haven't got to yet,
I'm chomping at the bit and my palms are getting wet,
SWEEEEEEATING BUUUULLETS!!!!

HA, that was fun, mega and metalli are 2 of the best of all time, but yes, they're aging and it's showing.

My fav two albums are also justice and puppets...hands down.

drunk

Awards
I heard that Rick Rubin is producing Metallica's next CD. I didn't really like their last few CDs either, but I'm interested in seeing what they put out with Rick Rubin.

CRUNCH

CRUNCH

Awards
  • Established
Honestly, how hard would it be for them to go back to their roots, what made them famous in the first place. Another album like Puppets or Justice. They'd outsell the last three combined and maybe get some respect back. IMHO, that is what they need to do.

prld2gr8ns

prld2gr8ns

Idiot Savant
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Honestly, how hard would it be for them to go back to their roots, what made them famous in the first place. Another album like Puppets or Justice. They'd outsell the last three combined and maybe get some respect back. IMHO, that is what they need to do.
The problem with that is the aspect of fame. Their old style was a very underground style that developed a big cult following. With the release of Justice and the production of the ONE video they really got some overt exposure to the relative mainstream audiences that would otherwise not bother with that type of music.... so it's kind of a catch 22 in that if they do got back they could possible lose a strong fanbase, and a lot of commercialization. In turn they'd get their respect back from their hardcore Kill'em All loving fans..... it all comes down to money.

CRUNCH

CRUNCH

Awards
  • Established
I think another album like Justice would do them good in all aspects. They're already highly respected musicians and they only fans they might lose would be the two that liked their most recent album(s). I think it would be good for them, and I know it would be good for us!!

prld2gr8ns

prld2gr8ns

Idiot Savant
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
I think another album like Justice would do them good in all aspects. They're already highly respected musicians and they only fans they might lose would be the two that liked their most recent album(s). I think it would be good for them, and I know it would be good for us!!
I agree, something along the lines of Justice would be killer. It probably will not happen though as it wouldn't get much play on MTV, and that's what all great bands want.:head: :blink:

CRUNCH

CRUNCH

Awards
  • Established
You're right about the MTV crowd. Probably had something to do with all the changes from Metallica too. After they got a taste with "One", they started seeing dollar signs and sold out their music. They should do an old one just for the respect, they've got to know they've lost a lot of it.

lifted

lifted

Awards
  • Established
I think that it COULD help them get respect back, but I'm not so sure they're ABLE to play like they did before.

Speed metal ie: puppets is hard to do when you get older. And if you noticed, for the St. Anger album, they tried to use that raw/uncut style like they did in justice, but the thing is, that style in justice wasn't predetermined, that was just how they played/sounded, and they tried to recreate that play type/sound for st. anger in lure of trying to get back to old skool and it just sounded stupid and noisy, lol.

And to tell you the truth, even if they did come back with a better sounding old skool flare, I wouldn't necessarily respect them more, it would just seem that they're doing whatever treats them better from day-2-day...know what I mean?? I just think they shoulda ended their era with the black album and went out with a bang rather than sell-out to milk everything, JMO tho. ;)

CRUNCH

CRUNCH

Awards
  • Established
Yeah, you're kinda right. Now that I think about it, that "Some kind of Monster" song did sound like they're were trying to get their old sound back, but missed the mark by as wide of a margin as possible! It was like one of those really bad jingles you can't get out of your head. You could not force me to listen to the rest of that album. They made things even worse on a few levels with that release.

Any idea what they're doing now? Are they trying to release anything new? Haven't heard a peep about them on the Serius Hardattack station.

lifted

lifted

Awards
  • Established
no idea, the last I've heard of them was right after they released St. anger and they said that there was still more to come?? That was how long ago now, a couple years i think?

Iron Warrior

Iron Warrior

Awards
  • Established
Here's what went wrong with Metallica:

1) They got sober ! Drugs are bad for most people but they're good for you if you're a member of Metallica so go buy some whiskey, weed, and heroin.

2) Cliff Burton died. They slowly but surely lost their edge after Cliff's tragic death :(

I hope they can turn it around. In a way, I view them the same way I view Mike Tyson. I'll watch Tyson fight because I've seen what he can do when he's at his best and I'm hoping to see it one final time. I'm hoping to see something similar to Kill 'Em All, Master Of Puppets, Ride the Lightning, and Justice for all. Maybe we can have a pleasant surprise this time around :)

Thudd

Awards
hence the Album released after Cryptic was called "Risk". After the sh#tfest that it kicked up, and the moaning that he got from the fans he ACTUALLY listened and went back to what made Megadeth Megadeth in the first place.
Am I the only person in the universe who actually liked Risk? Sure, there's a couple of dud songs on there, but 'Insomnia' and 'Wanderlust' surely rock big time, and what does it matter if the style is different if the music is good?

prld2gr8ns

prld2gr8ns

Idiot Savant
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Am I the only person in the universe who actually liked Risk? Sure, there's a couple of dud songs on there, but 'Insomnia' and 'Wanderlust' surely rock big time, and what does it matter if the style is different if the music is good?
No your not....I basically like every dam song on the album, from Crush'em all the way down to BreadLine, but hardcore Megadeth followers couldn't stand Dave as a heavy metal radio friendly dude. Hence he went back to an older style with "A world needs a hero", and "United Abominations".