A man who had consensual sex with a 15-year-old girl when he was 17

1. Registered User
    Answers

A man who had consensual sex with a 15-year-old girl when he was 17

Judge: No Appeal Bail in Teen Sex Case
    AP - Wed, 27 Jun 2007 13:19:12 -0400 (EDT)
    By SHANNON McCAFFREY

A man who had consensual sex with a 15-year-old girl when he was 17 is not eligible for bail while appealing his 10-year prison sentence, a judge ruled Wednesday.

The ruling is likely to mean that 21-year-old Genarlow Wilson will remain behind bars
    ADVERTISEMENT
    for several more months at least.

In Wednesday's ruling, Douglas County Superior Court Judge David Emerson said Wilson's conviction for one of the so-called seven deadly sins, under Georgia law, makes him ineligible for bail. He canceled a hearing that had been scheduled for July 5.

The Georgia Supreme Court is not set to hear his appeal of his term for aggravated child molestation until October. The justices, without explanation, denied a motion by state Attorney General Thurbert Baker to expedite the appeal.

Wilson has served more than 28 months of his 10-year mandatory sentence for receiving oral sex at a 2003 New Year's Eve Party. The law has since been changed by Georgia lawmakers, but the state's top court said the new law could not be applied retroactively.

A Monroe County judge earlier this month called Wilson's sentence "a grave miscarriage of justice" and ordered his release, but Baker's office appealed, saying that judge overstepped his authority. Baker argued that the ruling could result in the release of some 1,300 child molesters from Georgia's jails.

Wilson's lawyer, B.J. Bernstein, did not immediately return a call seeking comment Wednesday. Neither did Douglas County District Attorney David McDade, whose office convicted Wilson.

Earlier this week, prominent New York City investment manager Whitney Tilson and 10 others volunteered to provide $1 million bail money for Wilson.

Ok first off 15yo gives 17yo head, how is that illegal? Isnt 18 adult. And he gets 10 ****ing years for it? ARE YOU SERIOUS. THEN he is labeled as a child molester?!! I dont know how anyone else thinks but this **** is BEYOND absurd. When I was 17 in highschool (senior year) I was dating and banging this 15yo (freshman) for a month before I graduated, Il be dammed if they label me a child molester. A dam child molester is someone who goes after pre titty girls trying to fool around with them, NOT people 2 years apart in age doing what teens do. WTF is wrong with these dam people God this **** pisses me off

2. Registered User
    Answers

Quote Originally Posted by ITHURTZ View Post
    Judge: No Appeal Bail in Teen Sex Case
    AP - Wed, 27 Jun 2007 13:19:12 -0400 (EDT)
    By SHANNON McCAFFREY

A man who had consensual sex with a 15-year-old girl when he was 17 is not eligible for bail while appealing his 10-year prison sentence, a judge ruled Wednesday.

The ruling is likely to mean that 21-year-old Genarlow Wilson will remain behind bars
    ADVERTISEMENT
    for several more months at least.

In Wednesday's ruling, Douglas County Superior Court Judge David Emerson said Wilson's conviction for one of the so-called seven deadly sins, under Georgia law, makes him ineligible for bail. He canceled a hearing that had been scheduled for July 5.

The Georgia Supreme Court is not set to hear his appeal of his term for aggravated child molestation until October. The justices, without explanation, denied a motion by state Attorney General Thurbert Baker to expedite the appeal.

Wilson has served more than 28 months of his 10-year mandatory sentence for receiving oral sex at a 2003 New Year's Eve Party. The law has since been changed by Georgia lawmakers, but the state's top court said the new law could not be applied retroactively.

A Monroe County judge earlier this month called Wilson's sentence "a grave miscarriage of justice" and ordered his release, but Baker's office appealed, saying that judge overstepped his authority. Baker argued that the ruling could result in the release of some 1,300 child molesters from Georgia's jails.

Wilson's lawyer, B.J. Bernstein, did not immediately return a call seeking comment Wednesday. Neither did Douglas County District Attorney David McDade, whose office convicted Wilson.

Earlier this week, prominent New York City investment manager Whitney Tilson and 10 others volunteered to provide $1 million bail money for Wilson.

Ok first off 15yo gives 17yo head, how is that illegal? Isnt 18 adult. And he gets 10 ****ing years for it? ARE YOU SERIOUS. THEN he is labeled as a child molester?!! I dont know how anyone else thinks but this **** is BEYOND absurd. When I was 17 in highschool (senior year) I was dating and banging this 15yo (freshman) for a month before I graduated, Il be dammed if they label me a child molester. A dam child molester is someone who goes after pre titty girls trying to fool around with them, NOT people 2 years apart in age doing what teens do. WTF is wrong with these dam people God this **** pisses me off

Wait hold on, does this mean there are 1300 people in prison in Georgia for getting a BJ while both them and the girl were under 18???
  3. Registered User
    Answers

Absurd laws. In australia AOC is 16 for girls and 18 for guys, if your under 18 AOC does not apply(I think).
    •   

4. Registered User
    Answers

yeah some laws are so fing retarded its unbeleivable. WTF is a 2 year diffrence? They talked about a case like this probably same one on the radio. The kid was black and the girl white. I'm not sure if racisim is the cause or not but something is seriously wrong with ruining a 17yr olds life for getting a bj from a 15 yr old.
  5. Board Supporter
    Answers

Quote Originally Posted by Tiberius View Post
    Wait hold on, does this mean there are 1300 people in prison in Georgia for getting a BJ while both them and the girl were under 18???
    They changed the law in GA after public outcry over this, I don't know if this means there are 1300 people in prison for having consensual sex as minors with minors, but it sounds that way to me. Funny thing is, the law has been changed and people are still incarcerated under the old law. I actually saw this story on SPortsCenter on ESPN. The kid was a star athlete in high school well on his way to being a millionaire until this happened to him, he,along with a number of his friends, received oral sex on videotape from a minor at a party while all in question were minors. Immoral?, maybe, criminal?, no.
  6. Registered User
    Answers

Quote Originally Posted by joecski View Post
    They changed the law in GA after public outcry over this, I don't know if this means there are 1300 people in prison for having consensual sex as minors with minors, but it sounds that way to me. Funny thing is, the law has been changed and people are still incarcerated under the old law. I actually saw this story on SPortsCenter on ESPN. The kid was a star athlete in high school well on his way to being a millionaire until this happened to him, he,along with a number of his friends, received oral sex on videotape from a minor at a party while all in question were minors. Immoral?, maybe, criminal?, no.
    WOW
  7. Registered User
    Answers

I live in Georgia at the moment and I can explain this a bit. This old law was under some grouping of laws as stated above labeled the "7 deadly sins" because people down here are religion FREAKS. Im not talking they like to go to church on sunday, I'm saying they take christianity to the utmost extreme. There was a national outcry when this came out 1) because he really wasn't much older than her and it was CONSENSUAL oral sex and 2) because he is a young black male and Georgia doesn't have the best history on providing justice to the black community. Now the old crusty white judges are upholding their last vestige of racism here in the deep south or so I believe. I think whats been done to this kid is bordering on illegal, no matter what an outdated law says. And to prevent the kid bail? Thats even worse.
  8. Registered User
    Answers

Quote Originally Posted by Nabisco View Post
    I live in Georgia at the moment and I can explain this a bit. This old law was under some grouping of laws as stated above labeled the "7 deadly sins" because people down here are religion FREAKS. Im not talking they like to go to church on sunday, I'm saying they take christianity to the utmost extreme. There was a national outcry when this came out 1) because he really wasn't much older than her and it was CONSENSUAL oral sex and 2) because he is a young black male and Georgia doesn't have the best history on providing justice to the black community. Now the old crusty white judges are upholding their last vestige of racism here in the deep south or so I believe. I think whats been done to this kid is bordering on illegal, no matter what an outdated law says. And to prevent the kid bail? Thats even worse.

Didn't Georgia just elect a Buddhist Representative though?
  9. Registered User
    Stats
    5'8"  230 lbs.
    Answers

Although I would of probably killed the guy as the girl's father he should not have to serve prison time. Regular sex would of probably got him less time than a blow job did. You know the south, religion and anything other than missionary doesn't work
  10. Registered User
    Answers

Didn't Georgia just elect a Buddhist Representative though?
    That I'm not sure about, but its a distinct possibility. You have to understand the difference in Georgia...there is Atlanta, Athens (UGA), and a few other larger cities that are normal. Then there is the rest of Georgia which is "old" south and its an entire 180 degrees. You get out into the rural areas and "they" won the civil war and the north are damn yankees, and racism is alive and thriving. I'll bet money that most of those judges upholding this outdated law weren't born and raised in the cities I mentioned before but in the more rural areas. When the district attorny requests this kids appeal be moved up from October to earlier so they can try their best to get him out of jail, the judges forstalled it. When 5 businessmen from NY offer to post the $1million in bail those same judges revoked bail and now the kid has no bail possible. Tell me if there isn't some crazy **** happening in this case.

Think of that movie "the hills have eyes" and you have some of the scarier rural areas in Georgia.
  11. Banned
    Answers

I cant believe in 2007 that something like this happens. As a father, I probably would have castrated the kid, but jail time?
  12. Registered User
    Answers

I think our age sex laws are screwed up anyway. They should be set up on a range of ages, like within 3 years of each other, instead of 18 being a magical number. But seriously, this is insane.
  13. Registered User
    Answers

Quote Originally Posted by Rufio View Post
    I think our age sex laws are screwed up anyway. They should be set up on a range of ages, like within 3 years of each other, instead of 18 being a magical number. But seriously, this is insane.
    I just don't get it. How can a minor, engaging in sex with another minor be a crime? I don't get it. I just don't get it.

And if it is a crime for 2 minors to engage in a sexual act, why is only one of them convicted?
  14. Registered User
    Stats
    5'7"  230 lbs.
    Answers

Whatever the law states in England it's pretty much 13yrs + for up to guys of 25rs old. 25yrs is the cut off age. Not by law but law of the people.
  15. Registered User
    Answers

I just don't get it. How can a minor, engaging in sex with another minor be a crime? I don't get it. I just don't get it.

And if it is a crime for 2 minors to engage in a sexual act, why is only one of them convicted?
    In the state of Georgia and a few other states I've lived in, the consensual age is 16. So if one person is above 16 and the other below (i.e. this case 17 vs 15) then it can be considered child molestation or worse. So technically she was not of an age where she can legally "consent"
  16. Registered User
    Answers

Quote Originally Posted by Nabisco View Post
    In the state of Georgia and a few other states I've lived in, the consensual age is 16. So if one person is above 16 and the other below (i.e. this case 17 vs 15) then it can be considered child molestation or worse. So technically she was not of an age where she can legally "consent"
    WOW again. WOW.
  17. Board Supporter
    Answers

I still cant beleive that is was this kid's injustice that inspired this change in the law,... becasue it was obvious , based on what HE is going through, that the law was injust.

Plus, they are only dening the kid bail right? I mean, if I wante dt oscrew wit hhim more, I'd let him have his bail trial, and just deny it. But these judges arnt even giving hime that!?!?!?

Bottom line , He was the cause for the shift in the law becasue it was obviously wrong. So why correct the law, and not the "wrong"
  •   

Similar Forum Threads

1. 30 Year Old Guy, With A 21 Year Old Girl...
    By BLaQz in forum General Chat
    Replies: 33
    Last Post: 04-12-2014, 11:36 AM
  2. female teachers who have sex with their students
    By mildsauce in forum General Chat
    Replies: 126
    Last Post: 05-15-2009, 04:08 PM
  3. Replies: 6
    Last Post: 10-01-2008, 02:56 PM
  4. Help with stack? (15 year old gonna get big)
    By j0sh710 in forum Supplements
    Replies: 41
    Last Post: 01-19-2008, 08:20 PM
  5. Wardog needs help with a 10 year old!
    By wardog in forum Weight Loss
    Replies: 17
    Last Post: 03-01-2003, 05:40 PM