Chris Benoit found dead alongside family

Siznoyton

Awards
  • Established
This is crazy:

FOX Sports on MSN - More Sports - Pro wrestler Benoit, family found dead

"FAYETTEVILLE, Ga. (AP) - WWE wrestler Chris Benoit, his wife and son were found dead Monday and police said they were investigating the deaths as a homicide.

Lt. Tommy Pope of the Fayette County Sheriff's Department said the three were found at their home about 2:30 p.m., but refused to release details.

Pope said results of autopsies on Benoit, his wife Nancy, and 7-year-old son Daniel were expected Tuesday.

Benoit, 40, was a former world heavyweight champion, Intercontinental champion and held several tag-team titles over his career.

"WWE extends its sincerest thoughts and prayers to the Benoit family's relatives and loved ones in this time of tragedy," the federation said in a statement on its Web site.

Benoit was scheduled to perform at the "Vengeance" pay-per-view event Sunday night in Houston, but was replaced at the last minute because of what announcer Jim Ross called "personal reasons."

Benoit, a Canadian native, maintained a home in metro Atlanta from the time he wrestled for the defunct World Championship Wrestling.

The WWE canceled its live "Monday Night RAW" card in Corpus Christi, Texas, and USA Network aired a three-hour tribute to Benoit in place of the scheduled wrestling telecast. "

Cool

Cool

Awards
  • Established
SO sad. I used to be a big wrestling fan. Benoit was a great performer and a real athlete. I wonder what happened. And his wife and 7 year old son, damn.

klugman

klugman

Awards
  • Established
this is awful. Some news stations are now reporting that the cops believe it was a double murder/suicide.

I refuse to believe the rabid wolverine would murder his family!!!

Totality

Totality

Banned
Awards
the most recent report is double murder/suicide. They believe he killed his family over hte weekend then himself on monday

BigVrunga

BigVrunga

Awards
  • Established
That's a damn shame...of course they'll try to blame steroids somehow.

BV

ReaperX

Awards
  • Established
I liked Benoit as a professional wrestler but almost everyone is sayng "he will be missed...he was a great family man.." Even on RAW tonight they talked about how much he loved his family. If Atlanta is investigating this as a double murder suicide then he committed one of the worest crimes you can...against his family. Let's get a grip here...we love professional wrestling, and we loved Benoit as a performer but perhaps we didn't know him as well as a person as we all thought....

doggzj

Board Supporter
Awards
  • Established
Lets all give CNN a big thumbs up for there excellent reporting.

Rufio

Awards
LOL, Fox News reported that steroid withdrawal is the leading cause of suicide among teens. Yeah, a serious media witch hunt over steroids is coming.

Wendy21

Wendy21

Awards
such a sad story.....i do believe that steroids was not the only contributor to Chris Benoit killing himself and his family

Tiberius

Awards
  • Established
such a sad story.....i do believe that steroids was not the only contributor to Chris Benoit killing himself and his family
And I believe steroids weren't a contributor AT ALL.

I do believe however chronic addiction to painkillers and stims may have contributed to mental problems though.

stxnas

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
LOL, Fox News reported that steroid withdrawal is the leading cause of suicide among teens. Yeah, a serious media witch hunt over steroids is coming.
They also reported that roids cause psychosis :run: