Answers

Exclamation Perverted Justice ???

********: PERVERTED JUSTICE ???

This is scary on so many levels !!!

2. Board Supporter
    Stats
    6'0"  195 lbs.
    Answers

I guess I did not see anything wrong with what the police are doing?
  3. Running with the Big Boys
    Answers

Quote Originally Posted by wastedwhiteboy2 View Post
    I guess I did not see anything wrong with what the police are doing?
    No, the police were just doing their jobs.

It is the media that is scary. They made a show which is basically a trap for people who might be pedophiles.

OK so pedophiles are bad guys, but how soon before they just change the "pedophiles" to "traffic offenses".

There would be no crime if the show did not exist. The show is actually creating potential crimes in order to bait potential criminals!!!

Its like being guilty of a future crime !... like in "Minority Report"
    •   

4. Registered User
    Answers

My main problem is that the show is creating a clearly unrealistic scenario where the teens are super-horny and trying to lure the dudes in. IMO it's mainly lonely losers rather than real predators who fall for it. It's also teaching the real predators what kind of language to look out for to prevent being caught. On top of that, those interviews are disgusting. If we were dealing with truly dangerous individuals, there's no way an unarmed reported should be trying to interview them with no police in the house.
  5. Registered User
    Answers

man, i really liked the one where they busted the email scammers. i've never seen a whole episode with the child molesters though
  6. Board Supporter
    Stats
    6'0"  195 lbs.
    Answers

generally sex offenders are not violent dangerous people. They are law abiding(except for the sex offense) normal people. that is what the show is trying to make people realize. you cant point out a sex offender like you can a gang banger. The information I got was the baiters are just chatting and the SO is the one that turns the chat into a sex chat. the baiter is just going along with the situation not acting super horny. they are watching that line of entrapment.
    but, I have not watched every episode and maybe having average people do the baiting instead of trained officers can cause problems.
  7. Banned
    Answers

Quote Originally Posted by wastedwhiteboy2 View Post
    generally sex offenders are not violent dangerous people. They are law abiding(except for the sex offense) normal people. that is what the show is trying to make people realize. you cant point out a sex offender like you can a gang banger. The information I got was the baiters are just chatting and the SO is the one that turns the chat into a sex chat. the baiter is just going along with the situation not acting super horny. they are watching that line of entrapment.
    but, I have not watched every episode and maybe having average people do the baiting instead of trained officers can cause problems.

Entrapment is only valid for officers of the law. It is not entrapment when it the person doing the entrapping is a civilian.

But that doesn't matter. These scumbags should have more self control. I don't care how lonely and what kind of loser they are, underage is underage. Self control FFS.
  8. Registered User
    Answers

My point is that the show is creating pedophiles out of people who are just desperate while teaching the real predators what to look out for. "To Catch A Predator" makes it seem like there are young teen girls actively seeking out 30 year old guys. It's an unrealistic scenario that doesn't indicate who'd be preying upon kids in real life.

In any event, I was talking about the danger of being around true pedophiles as opposed to people taking part in "statutory rape." With how fast teens are physically developing these days, you could end up drunk, banging someone underage if you're not careful. You really have to ask what age people are. Personally I think having a single legal age is retarded, and the law should be based more around an age range. IMO a 15 year old with an 18 year old is more natural than Anna Nicole Smith with a guy old enough to be her grandpa.

What I'm talking about are the people who prey on pre-pubescent kids and are addicted to it. A lot of times that goes hand-in-hand with violence towards children or mental issues because a lot of those people were molested themselves at a young age. It's just an unpredicatable situation and it's disgusting to make it into a TV sideshow.
  9. Banned
    Answers

Quote Originally Posted by Rufio View Post
    My point is that the show is creating pedophiles out of people who are just desperate while teaching the real predators what to look out for. "To Catch A Predator" makes it seem like there are young teen girls actively seeking out 30 year old guys. It's an unrealistic scenario that doesn't indicate who'd be preying upon kids in real life.
    First off they never reveal the entire conversation on the show; the certainly don't reveal the introduction. Thus they do not reveal "what to look out for".

Second, the decoys don't actively seek any men. Go to a chat room sometime and list your profile age as 12 or 13. You'll be hit on instantly by tons of these scumbags.
  10. Registered User
    Answers

Have you not seen the "To Catch A Predator" episodes where the kids act super-horny? Some of the snippets of convo I've seen from the show are very unrealistic.
  11. Registered User
    Answers

One other that annoys me is the disproportionate ratio of males to females caught. I've heard the sociological rationalizations before, but it's unsettling that one of the founders of PJ has said this:

“I have a low opinion of men in general. The most heinous crimes in our society are committed by males.”

I don't want to say anything concrete, but it's disettling. I wonder how many of the decoys claim to be male compared to female and what the average age they claim to be is. IMO the proper way to do it would be to focus primarily on decoys claiming to be 13 or under and with a fairly equal ratio of decoys claiming to be male or female. I'm not exactly trustful that that's being done.
  12. Banned
    Answers

The thing is, it wouldn't even matter if the decoys DID act horny. Heck the decoys could talk about whatever they want. The men they are talking to are convinced they are talking to someone who is underage. End of story. What ar ethey doing talking to the decoys in the first place AT ALL!?!
  13. Registered User
    Answers

I think there is a huge difference between someone who thinks they're talking to a person who's underaged, but may be physically developed with an active sex drive and someone who thinks they're talking to a pre-pubescent or someone very new to sex. A pedophile is someone who is preying on pre-pubescents or those who look like pre-pubescents, and from what I've seen they also are turned on by the idea of the "innocence" and "angelic" nature of these kids.

I'm much more concerned about people whose sex drive is BUILT around pre-pubescence than a guy who's just horny and willing to settle for someone who's underaged but looks and acts like a young adult. To me the decoys should be set up by and large to lure in those who actually fit the pedophile profile, not "statutory rapists."
  14. Registered User
    Answers

Here's an article that pretty much sums up how I feel:

http://www.tnr.com/doc.mhtml?i=w0610...immerman102406

And there are some cases where it's arguable if the alleged criminal actually did initiate it:

Chatmag News Special Report. Perverted-Justice.com

An PJ bust which that website used as an example right there involved a woman claiming to be 14 showing a man claiming to be 20 a picture off herself that he states looks older than 14. Of course the actual picture wasn't shown. This is what I'm really concerned about -- targetting guys who don't have any pedophile fetishes and are attracted to mature female bodies, but are pretty much desperate.

Beyond that, making this into a such a public spectacle is just in poor taste IMO.
  15. Board Supporter
    Stats
    6'0"  195 lbs.
    Answers

I think the awareness is a great idea. some parents dont parent anymore and allow their 13yr olds to chat with 50yr old guys because they dont monitor it. the awareness that anyone could be a sex offender is a great idea. also leaving a 13 yr old at home alone can be dangerous. the kids and parents need educated. Its always amazing to me when I give the registered offender website to someone and they have 13 offenders in their neighborhood and they act surprised. they are everywhere. this state considers a pedophile anyone who offends a child of 13 or younger.
  16. CDB
    Answers

I have to admit the witch hunt tone of some of the people involved is a bit unnerving. Do they show all their 'busts'? Without strict record keeping that is open and available for review, there's just no way to know what was said to who and when. For all we know the moles initiate giving the impression they're older looking to role play as younger, which has the potential to nail every guy under the sun who ever thought a perfectly legal and of age girl looked hot in a Catholic School costume, or who fantasized about spanking his girlfriend a little. Granting everything they say is true, the people they net deserve the shame. Problem is until you can show everything they say is true and on the level you just don't know it is. And I wouldn't put it past a tabloid TV program to set up situations for ratings.
  •   

Similar Forum Threads

1. Police dont need to knock, justices say...
    By tattoopierced1 in forum News and Articles
    Replies: 109
    Last Post: 05-03-2007, 04:56 PM
  2. Shoot thy neighbor!-Texas style justice
    By anabolicrhino in forum News and Articles
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 02-27-2007, 12:54 PM
  3. Cold justice! 70 year old tourist kills mugger
    By anabolicrhino in forum News and Articles
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 02-23-2007, 06:31 PM
  4. Chief Justice Rehnquist Dies of Cancer