'Cocaine' Drink Is Pulled From Shelves

Jayhawkk

Jayhawkk

Legend
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
An FDA spokeswoman said she could not comment because the matter is still pending.

Fans responded to the announcement that Redux would stop marketing Cocaine by leaving dozens of messages, many of them profanity-laced, on a page created for the product on the social networking site MySpace.com.

The energy drink is the first product marketed by Redux, which wants to keep the name Cocaine because it fits with the company's tongue-in-cheek approach, Ivey said.

"We like to think we have a great sense of humor," he said. "And our market, primarily folks from ages 20 to 30, they love the ideas, they love the name, they love the whole campaign. These are not drug users."

'Cocaine' Drink Is Pulled From Shelves

As long as there isn't Cocaine or illegal drugs in the product I don't agree with this move. There are thousands of products that do much worse and no one touches. Damn politicians and their agendas.

T-Bone

T-Bone

Banned
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Oh well its just another stupid energy drink the kids are hooked on these days. Yes it is ridiculous that they are pulling it because of the name of the drink, but I'm guessing thats what attracts their consumers. Just sugar, caffiene and taurine, like all the over priced energy drinks out there now. I would rather have a coffee from Dunkin D.

yeahright

yeahright

Awards
  • Established
Hmmmmmmmmmm, trying to imagine what authority the fda would have to order a recall on such a product and am drawing a blank.

dsw222

dsw222

Awards
Oh well its just another stupid energy drink the kids are hooked on these days. Yes it is ridiculous that they are pulling it because of the name of the drink, but I'm guessing thats what attracts their consumers. Just sugar, caffiene and taurine, like all the over priced energy drinks out there now. I would rather have a coffee from Dunkin D.
why did you have to mention dunkin donuts? :(

i miss their chocolate cake with dutch crumb donuts so amazingly badddddddd

dannyboy9

dannyboy9

Banned
Awards
  • Established
So they just pulled it off the shelves because of the name?

Then AFTER pulling it off the shelves [because of the name], they want to check the ingredients in the formula, did I get that right?

The FDA's priorities are screwed off the top like bottle caps. When the FDA starts regulating the supplement industry, I'll take my hat off to them. Until then, I'll frown at their reasoning.:nutkick: