1. Diamond Member
    Stats
    5'8"  230 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    47.63%
    Achievements Reputation ProPosting ProPosting AuthorityPosting Veteran

'Cocaine' Drink Is Pulled From Shelves

An FDA spokeswoman said she could not comment because the matter is still pending.

Fans responded to the announcement that Redux would stop marketing Cocaine by leaving dozens of messages, many of them profanity-laced, on a page created for the product on the social networking site MySpace.com.

The energy drink is the first product marketed by Redux, which wants to keep the name Cocaine because it fits with the company's tongue-in-cheek approach, Ivey said.

"We like to think we have a great sense of humor," he said. "And our market, primarily folks from ages 20 to 30, they love the ideas, they love the name, they love the whole campaign. These are not drug users."

'Cocaine' Drink Is Pulled From Shelves

As long as there isn't Cocaine or illegal drugs in the product I don't agree with this move. There are thousands of products that do much worse and no one touches. Damn politicians and their agendas.

2. Diamond Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    70.44%
    Achievements Reputation ProReputation AuthorityReputation VeteranReputation RoyaltyPosting ProPosting AuthorityPosting Veteran

Oh well its just another stupid energy drink the kids are hooked on these days. Yes it is ridiculous that they are pulling it because of the name of the drink, but I'm guessing thats what attracts their consumers. Just sugar, caffiene and taurine, like all the over priced energy drinks out there now. I would rather have a coffee from Dunkin D.
  3. Elite Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    98.07%
    Achievements Reputation ProPosting ProPosting Authority

Hmmmmmmmmmm, trying to imagine what authority the fda would have to order a recall on such a product and am drawing a blank.
    •   

4. New Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    78.27%

Quote Originally Posted by T-Bone View Post
    Oh well its just another stupid energy drink the kids are hooked on these days. Yes it is ridiculous that they are pulling it because of the name of the drink, but I'm guessing thats what attracts their consumers. Just sugar, caffiene and taurine, like all the over priced energy drinks out there now. I would rather have a coffee from Dunkin D.
    why did you have to mention dunkin donuts?

i miss their chocolate cake with dutch crumb donuts so amazingly badddddddd
  5. Banned
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    2.56%

So they just pulled it off the shelves because of the name?

Then AFTER pulling it off the shelves [because of the name], they want to check the ingredients in the formula, did I get that right?

The FDA's priorities are screwed off the top like bottle caps. When the FDA starts regulating the supplement industry, I'll take my hat off to them. Until then, I'll frown at their reasoning.

Similar Forum Threads

1. Alphamine pulled from shelves/recalled!?!?
    By rosemont83 in forum Supplements
    Replies: 113
    Last Post: 11-25-2013, 05:40 PM
  2. BassKiller got banned?! IS this from the Feds?
    By Irish Cannon in forum Anabolics
    Replies: 16
    Last Post: 04-17-2008, 05:14 PM
  3. Replies: 0
    Last Post: 09-20-2006, 10:31 PM
  4. Where is everyone from?
    By Rob1208lv in forum General Chat
    Replies: 81
    Last Post: 12-15-2005, 10:39 AM
  5. Where Is Everyone From???
    By LM600 in forum General Chat
    Replies: 21