Bruce Kneller pleads guilty

slow-mun

slow-mun

Awards
  • Established
Man charged in steroids ring sentenced to two years
By Associated Press
Tuesday, April 3, 2007 - Updated: 04:49 PM EST

DEDHAM, Mass. - A man who once boasted he sent thousands of illegal packages of steroids without getting caught pleaded guilty Tuesday to participating in a steroids distribution ring and was sentenced to about two years in jail.

Bruce Kneller, 38, of Canton, pleaded guilty in Norfolk Superior Court to 45 drug and gun indictments related to the steroid manufacturing and distribution ring, which advertised on the Internet. Judge Judith Fabricant sentenced Kneller to two years and one day. He is scheduled to begin serving his sentence April 23.

When police raided Kneller’s apartment last year, they found more than 200,000 steroid capsules and 10 unregistered guns. Prosecutors said he packaged tens of thousands of steroid pills and shipped them to Internet customers around the country.

According to prosecutors, customers would e-mail Kneller for a price list _ typically $75 for a bottle of pills _ and then would be put in touch with a second man in California for payment instructions. Payments were required to be made in cash wrapped in aluminum foil.

In steroid price lists seized from his e-mail, Kneller boasted that he had ”been around for 7+ years” and had ”passed the 15,000 orders shipped mark” without ”a single one being intercepted” by authorities, prosecutors said.

Kneller’s attorney, Edward Sharkansky, did not immediately return a call seeking comment.

Norfolk District Attorney William Keating said Kneller, a former registered nurse, shipped the steroids with labels marked ”Red Star Laboratories” to make them seem legitimate and safe.

”It is very important that athletes ... who are ordering and taking these kinds of drugs recognize that they are not safe on many levels,” Keating said.

kwyckemynd00

kwyckemynd00

Awards
  • Established
Wow, he was Red Star Labs? And his "chemical wizardry" came from an RN, eh? LOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOL.

yeahright

yeahright

Awards
  • Established
I still can't believe he was running a UL out of his kitchen.

kwyckemynd00

kwyckemynd00

Awards
  • Established
Where do you think these guys run these labs? You don't need some crazy sterile environment to make anabolic steroid solutions.

Hell, if I were as dumb as one of these guys (who either have no brains or have nothing to lose) sell stuff like this from inside the US I could easily pump out many, many liters of anabolic steroids on a daily basis with about $40 in equipment ($200 if you count the crimper). Big flask + big filter + heat source + a couple of graduated cylinders and voila. Probably around a liter of any given substance in an hour, including putting in vials and capping.

Its just an extremely stupid idea to do such a thing while the anabolic steroids related convictions are the only thing keeping politicians somewhat credible in the eyes of the public.

yeahright

yeahright

Awards
  • Established
Where do you think these guys run these labs? You don't need some crazy sterile environment to make anabolic steroid solutions.

Hell, if I were as dumb as one of these guys who sell stuff like this from inside the US I could easily pump out many, many liters of anabolic steroids on a daily basis with about $40 in equipment.
Yes, but think about all the products and companies he's been associated with. He has to have made a pretty penny along the way.

And, what kind of a dip**** runs a UL out of his house (across the street from an elementary school) with a bunch of unregistered guns AND spends his free time posting on bulletin boards about steroids?

I've known a lot of criminals over the years and the successful ones kept nice quiet profiles.

kwyckemynd00

kwyckemynd00

Awards
  • Established
Good points there--he seems to top 'em all as far as stupidity goes. Even posting under his own name all over the place about AAS.

DR.D

DR.D

Awards
  • Established
Good points there--he seems to top 'em all as far as stupidity goes. Even posting under his own name all over the place about anabolic steroids.
Stupidity was not a major factor here. BK seems pretty sharp actually. Greed and pride are the root of this fall.

For such a light sentence on over 40 federal charges, you can just imagine he sold out every client he had too. If I were he, I think I'd be more scared to get out of jail in 2 years.

mmowry

mmowry

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
"As a man sows:that shall he also reap"

kwyckemynd00

kwyckemynd00

Awards
  • Established
Stupidity was not a major factor here. BK seems pretty sharp actually. Greed and pride are the root of this fall.

For such a light sentence on over 40 federal charges, you can just imagine he sold out every client he had too. If I were he, I think I'd be more scared to get out of jail in 2 years.
Well said. And, good point on the fact that he only got a 2 yr sentence.

I was using the term "stupid" more so to encompass the willingness to run such a practice in the US today, knowing what the risks were and steroid busts are almost gov't priority #1 since its the only thing they can get right. IMO, although I disagree with the steroid laws (and many drug laws, whether or not I use the drugs), it would be stupid to risk changing your life forever for a little extra cash.

Jayhawkk

Jayhawkk

Legend
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
Yeah, I still call him stupid regardless how smart he is on the IQ charts. Pride, greed and lack of (not-so)common sense ruined this guys life. The chance of him making it back into the industry again in any reliable and reputible way is slim to none.

You take chances knowing the risks and when those dice get rolled and crap out you have to deal with the consequences.

Hopefully the guy learns his lesson and can recover from it. I don't hate the guy and I can't judge him since I don't know him personally. This hurts the supp industry as a whole though and that's the worst part.

kwyckemynd00

kwyckemynd00

Awards
  • Established
Agreed. I have no disdain for the man...after all, he provided a service many people benefited from :D

Yeah, I still call him stupid regardless how smart he is on the IQ charts. Pride, greed and lack of (not-so)common sense ruined this guys life. The chance of him making it back into the industry again in any reliable and reputible way is slim to none.

You take chances knowing the risks and when those dice get rolled and crap out you have to deal with the consequences.

Hopefully the guy learns his lesson and can recover from it. I don't hate the guy and I can't judge him since I don't know him personally. This hurts the supp industry as a whole though and that's the worst part.
This will not hurt but help his reputation in the industry.

No stupidy or laziness was the major and ultimate factor. You do not sale steroids in a school zone and ship from the same post office for 4 years.

ALL that being said, he was the victim of a snitch.

Jayhawkk

Jayhawkk

Legend
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
If that helps his rep then the supp industry is doomed to be regulated to nothing but vitamins and protein.

he may of been a victim of a snitch but it was bound to happen as open as he was about it. If it was a snitch then he lucked out because otherwise it could of been a couple years longer and a hell of a lot more time to serve than 2 years.

If that helps his rep then the supp industry is doomed to be regulated to nothing but vitamins and protein.

he may of been a victim of a snitch but it was bound to happen as open as he was about it. If it was a snitch then he lucked out because otherwise it could of been a couple years longer and a hell of a lot more time to serve than 2 years.

The supplement industry is doomed to be regulated not based on a guys reputation but companies marketing REAL steroids to kids.

Atleast BK's clients understood the circumstances but the kid buying superdrol at the local supplement shop that sprouted breasts was clueless.

jmh80

jmh80

Awards
  • Established
Yes, but think about all the products and companies he's been associated with. He has to have made a pretty penny along the way.

And, what kind of a dip**** runs a UL out of his house (across the street from an elementary school) with a bunch of unregistered guns AND spends his free time posting on bulletin boards about steroids?

I've known a lot of criminals over the years and the successful ones kept nice quiet profiles.
Um - YR - who do you think runs these underground labs? PhD's?

Man - I'm telling you that the conditions you mentioned wasn't anything all that different.

The one biggie that he didn't have was recreational drugs. (Pot, etc.)
Seems like the lot of busts as of late are all caught with rec. drugs being the first target.

T-Bone

T-Bone

Banned
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
The supplement industry is doomed to be regulated not based on a guys reputation but companies marketing REAL steroids to kids.

Atleast BK's clients understood the circumstances but the kid buying superdrol at the local supplement shop that sprouted breasts was clueless.
Thats so true. Hmmm, like VPX?. I was a member of their board a while back when I first head of the company. They definitely marketed their ph/ps products to kids!. Their was this one guy in their that was 19 years old and M1T had just hit the market. Vpx actually condoned him using the product, he made a "Log" their...After this this kid was rewarded by being made a moderator!. This another one of the many reasons I don't like VPX.....Flashy labels and all, I'm sure if they came out with a new "steroidal product" it would be marketed towards kids...

Jayhawkk

Jayhawkk

Legend
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
See, I disagree with this presumption. You didin't have to exert anything more than a want and an a ability to purchase steroids from BK. Did Bk's clients all get a crash course in cycle use and PCT prior to him selling the compounds he sold?

kwyckemynd00

kwyckemynd00

Awards
  • Established
True...he couldn't check ID's, either. Supp companies usually check ID (at least the walk in ones). Good point.

DR.D

DR.D

Awards
  • Established
This will not hurt but help his reputation in the industry.
Oh yeah, well i have sex, I do drugs, I don't listen to my parents, I do what I want, I'm outta control! I even did 6hrs of hard time in a maximum security juvenile correction facility one time (we called it "juvy" on the inside) so that's pretty hardcore, huh? I should be way more popular by now! :D

mmowry

mmowry

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
From what Ive seen in the real world (not so much on the boards) people have no idea how to run a steroid cycle let alone support supps and post cycle therapy.But what do I know.

Im sure they were all educated in these point and they were all mature ,intelegent adults.In no way were they teenagers with their parents credit card.

yeahright

yeahright

Awards
  • Established
From what Ive seen in the real world (not so much on the boards) people have no idea how to run a steroid cycle let alone support supps and post cycle therapy.But what do I know.

Im sure they were all educated in these point and they were all mature ,intelegent adults.In no way were they teenagers with their parents credit card.
Cash wrapped in aluminum foil.

mmowry

mmowry

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
So they were teenagers that took out cash with their parents credit cards.Yeah that makes it better.:D

Jayhawkk

Jayhawkk

Legend
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
I wrap everything in aluminum foil. It keeps the gov't from spying and alien abductions.

bigpetefox

bigpetefox

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
Did Bk's clients all get a crash course in cycle use and post cycle therapy prior to him selling the compounds he sold?
Sadly my friend, that's the case with a good 70% of steroid buyers, IMO.. :think:

Jayhawkk

Jayhawkk

Legend
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
That in itself is a attempt by the gov't to lull the populace into a false sense of security.

DR.D

DR.D

Awards
  • Established
That in itself is a attempt by the gov't to lull the populace into a false sense of security.
They had me fooled alright. I guess I can throw this stupid hat away now! You're a stand up guy J.:)

See, I disagree with this presumption. You didin't have to exert anything more than a want and an a ability to purchase steroids from BK. Did Bk's clients all get a crash course in cycle use and post cycle therapy prior to him selling the compounds he sold?
They where actively seeking steroids to purchase. Buying from BK is not like walking into Ultimate supplements on the corner of clark and rose purchasing superdrol from John the local "guru."

Oh yeah, well i have sex, I do drugs, I don't listen to my parents, I do what I want, I'm outta control! I even did 6hrs of hard time in a maximum security juvenile correction facility one time (we called it "juvy" on the inside) so that's pretty hardcore, huh? I should be way more popular by now! :D
Actually you are known as the steroid guy on this board.

DR.D

DR.D

Awards
  • Established
Well if so, my developments have been designed for legitimate companies to sell in full disclosure through legal channels. I'm a QC analyst and R&D chemist. That's a far cry from cookin' kilos in my kitchen so why don't you give SD a break now.

anabolicrhino

anabolicrhino

Awards
  • Established
They where actively seeking steroids to purchase. Buying from BK is not like walking into Ultimate supplements on the corner of clark and rose purchasing superdrol from John the local "guru."
Yes, nothing says legitimate businessman better than;

cash wrapped in aluminum foil !

Jayhawkk

Jayhawkk

Legend
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
How so? The only difference is the source. Just because you're a dealer of illegal drugs doesn't make you a person of intelligence or knowledge of the drugs you're selling.

I don't see the difference in the customer.

kwyckemynd00

kwyckemynd00

Awards
  • Established
Well if so, my developments have been designed for legitimate companies to sell in full disclosure through legal channels. I'm a QC analyst and R&D chemist. That's a far cry from cookin' kilos in my kitchen so why don't you give superdrol a break now.
Hey, SD was so good that guys like BK were able to make a buck of off of it. Its all over the "lists" on the UG labs and powder co's. lol. Take it as a compliment.

200wannabe

Board Supporter
Awards
  • Established
'Actually' he is known primarily for helping anyone and everyone no matter how mundane or basic the question.