Jesus Tomb Found?

CNizz

CNizz

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
Have Researchers Found Jesus Christ's Tomb? - Newsweek Beliefs - MSNBC.com

The controversy surrounding this topic is beginning to pick up, wondering how people feel about the issue. Please keep any responses respectful, as religious topics can quickly get ugly. Even if this particular tomb is not what it purports to be, the implications that surround the ideas that Jesus could have a tomb with human remains and a wife open a whole world of debate.

B5150

B5150

Legend
Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
Even if this particular tomb is not what it purports to be, the implications that surround the ideas that Jesus could have a tomb with human remains and a wife open a whole world of debate.
There has be much discussion about the fact that there are many gospels that are left out of the NT. Many of these gospels portray Jesus quite differently thatn those gospels included in our present day NT. It has been speculated or theorized that they were left out intentionally by the church at the time to promote the 'image' or 'character' of Jesus as we understand Him to be today.

The fact that the man Jesus lived and died is not a secret and is a matter of fact.

That fact that He is the Living God, who came in the form of man, was crucified, died, rose, and is "The Christ" who made atonement (interceded as a sacrificial lamb) for our sin, is a matter of fact for Christians, which of course is supported only by Faith*.

*Heb 11:1
Now faith is the substance of things hoped for, the evidence of things not seen.

The content of the other gospels put a significant new light on how Jesus may have lived while on the planet. It certainly does put a new twist on things that have been taken on faith and does challenge the facts as we understand them to be as documented in the NT. At the end of the day, the trust of and in His deity and of and in His resurrection and intercession is still a matter of faith.

CNizz

CNizz

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
Have the new gospels surfaced? I believe the Dead Sea Scrolls supposedly contained some of the missing gospels, but I'm not certain on it. Excellent post, this is exactly the sort of re-examination I have been considering

anabolicrhino

anabolicrhino

Awards
  • Established
Might I recommend a book for the curious?

[ame=http://www.amazon.com/Dead-Scrolls-Deception-Michael-Baigent/dp/0671797972/ref=pd_bbs_sr_1/103-4665141-4988651?ie=UTF8&s=books&qid=1173231246&sr=8-1]Amazon.com: Dead Sea Scrolls Deception: Books: Michael Baigent[/ame]