Jayhawkk

Jayhawkk

Legend
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
Global Warming Man-Made, Will Continue

Snippet
PARIS (AP) - Scientists from 113 countries issued a landmark report Friday saying they have little doubt global warming is caused by man, and predicting that hotter temperatures and rises in sea level will "continue for centuries" no matter how much humans control their pollution.

dannyboy9

dannyboy9

Banned
Awards
  • Established
Unfortunately, no matter what denials people are in, global warming is a pretty present truth.:fool2:

Jayhawkk

Jayhawkk

Legend
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
According to a bunch of smart people all over the world...Yes, man made. As in the majority of the issues are man made, not all of them.

DAdams91982

DAdams91982

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Jayhawkk

Jayhawkk

Legend
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
We'll have to wait until next week when the report is officially released and can be picked apart. I can think of more than a dozen good things to come from curbing pollutions. Can you can half as many on why we shouldn't?

DAdams91982

DAdams91982

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
We'll have to wait until next week when the report is officially released and can be picked apart. I can think of more than a dozen good things to come from curbing pollutions. Can you can half as many on why we shouldn't?
Oh Im not debating on if we should curb pollution.. I love breathing easier as much as the next guy. I was referencing mans hand in global warming. Im with you it ALWAYS better to cut pollution.

Albite Im DEFIANTELY got giving up my V8 Truck that gets oh maybe 13 miles to the gallon on a good day.

Adams

Jayhawkk

Jayhawkk

Legend
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
I don't think the solution os to halt the world economy and go back to walking to work. I just think slowly putting in standards over the next several decades that will probably not yeild anything in our lifetime but maybe for those long after us.

klugman

klugman

Awards
  • Established
I don't think the solution os to halt the world economy and go back to walking to work. I just think slowly putting in standards over the next several decades that will probably not yeild anything in our lifetime but maybe for those long after us.
well that's very nice of you...but what is being done to constrain communist china and india? communist china is still using huge coal burning plants that belch out tons and tons of crap per minute.

I don't buy into man-made global warming. There is simply not enough evidence yet.

Moreover, I'm not giving up my 300+ hp mustang gt either.
Too much fun!

riskarb

riskarb

Ron Paul... phuck yeah!
Awards
  • Established
You Republidroids are hilarious, truly pathologically-delusional. Yeah, you're right... it's all those damn volcanoes!:fool2:

klugman

klugman

Awards
  • Established
You Republidroids are hilarious, truly pathologically-delusional. Yeah, you're right... it's all those damn volcanoes!:fool2:

well if you are so smart, prove it.

Also, how do you plan on getting the communist chinese to slow down?

I'll bet you don't drive a f*cking Prius or ford festiva...

"I'm so eco-friendly...I'm better than you..."

CDB

CDB

Awards
  • Established
Undue Influence

Activists Trying to Shut Down Climate Debate, Skeptics Say -- 01/23/2007

'Scientist' Group's Funding Comes with Liberal 'Strings Attached' -- 01/23/2007

OpinionJournal - Extra

And yes, I know Lindzen once received money from ExxonMobile. As the other links show the groups funding and supporting the 'science' and attack campaigns on the other side of the global warming debate are no more free of political or ideological ties. And I'm sick of hearing about 'big oil' funding and Republican influence. Take a look at who is funding the proponent studies and attack campaigns. Take a look at the GMI report that shows the sheer size of government funding and hilites some of the potential biases and problems this creates. ExxonMobile gives money on the order of millions to try and discredit global warming. Between the federal government and private groups like Greenpeace and the Sierra Club pro global warming scientists and activists receive billions in grants for research and lobbying campaigns, and those people are not superhuman and are not immune from interjecting political influence and ideology into their side of the debate. Nor are they above avoiding asking questions or pursuing certain research avenues because of fear of loss of funding, some of which Lindzen detailed in the Opinion Journal piece. It just doesn't get investigated by many because the press have decided what side of this debate they are supporting, and have assumed for the most part that any and all 'science' funded by the government through universities must be impartial and devoid of any bias.

riskarb

riskarb

Ron Paul... phuck yeah!
Awards
  • Established
well if you are so smart, prove it.

Also, how do you plan on getting the communist chinese to slow down?

I'll bet you don't drive a f*cking Prius or ford festiva...

"I'm so eco-friendly...I'm better than you..."
It's not lost on me that you quickly replied as though you somehow knew that your eco-delusion = Republicon.

Implementation is another, terribly difficult problem. Sticking your head in the sand is an awesome response. Intelligence is a Libertarian trait, thanks. Yeah, we've gotta address the problem rather than make analogs to a time when 400 volcanoes were erupting simultaneously.

I do own a Prius; but I also own an an X5 and a 7-series. Neither of the latter I will buy again. Next time it's a Lexus hybrid.

La la lalala la... everything will be A-OK!

riskarb

riskarb

Ron Paul... phuck yeah!
Awards
  • Established
CDB: You're one of the more literate guys here, but damning both sides for playing politics is digressive/tangential. Both sides spend God-awful billions to make their case... which case is more plausible? It's rhetorical, I know what the response will be. Anyway, I value your opinion.

klugman

klugman

Awards
  • Established
It's not lost on me that you quickly replied as though you somehow knew that your eco-delusion = Republicon.

Implementation is another, terribly difficult problem. Sticking your head in the sand is an awesome response. Intelligence is a Libertarian trait, thanks. Yeah, we've gotta address the problem rather than make analogs to a time when 400 volcanoes were erupting simultaneously.

I do own a Prius; but I also own an an X5 and a 7-series. Neither of the latter I will buy again. Next time it's a Lexus hybrid.

La la lalala la... everything will be A-OK!
your the one in la-la land.

3 cars and you're calling me delusional. I guess all that nuance and gravitas you posses gives you the right to pollute so much more.

The whole Lexus hybrid thing is laughable as well.

somewhatgifted

somewhatgifted

Awards
  • Established
I heed the advice of the inteligent, but damn it look outside, the sun doesnt affect the oceans acidity (caused by co2) green house gases accumulating in the atmosphere, or death of rainforests and coral reefs. How could we not have casued this? blaming the sun is just validating a lack of accountability, the problem we caused isnt our fault. Regaurdless of what is causing what, we still over pollute and it needs to change, worrying about china or the sun takes away from the focus and makes it look hopeless. Reminds me of the comedic ignorance used by dennis leary "*******". Excess is manly.

riskarb

riskarb

Ron Paul... phuck yeah!
Awards
  • Established
your the one in la-la land.

3 cars and you're calling me delusional. I guess all that nuance and gravitas you posses gives you the right to pollute so much more.

The whole Lexus hybrid thing is laughable as well.

My family is rich as a Saudi. Yeah, the irony was intended. I've got a lot of kids and hangers-on, hence the three cars. The house is too large, but it's loaded with active and passive solar. I can sell power back to the grid. I need a vehicle to haul the kids... and the Lexus is the most efficient choice. I realize it can be construed as elitist. Phuck it, I just don't care. It's not the quite the same as owning 3 H1 Humvees.

I don't take comfort in the fact I too am a polluter -- I take steps to reduce output.

Last edited:
brass monkey

brass monkey

Awards
  • Established
When a CFC is released on earth it takes twenty years for it to reach the ozone layer. Then the chloro molecule attaches itself to a ozone molecule and destroys it. That one chloro molecule moves on and repeats the process thousands of times even though cfc have been banned the real damage is unknown. Now i love my v8 just as much as the next guy but the thought of my grandchildren suffering ways heavy on me. The U.S. needs to ween itself off of foreign oil anyway. As for foreign countries still unregulated, we cant control whats out of our control we can only hope they come around, and try to force them through sanctions.

Jayhawkk

Jayhawkk

Legend
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
So since we can't do anything about the other countries we should just sit back and do nothing? The US has been on the cutting edge in every other industry why not here too? Take the first steps and make the choices and the world will follow. I can imagine the rest of the world looking at us and saying, "Look how much the US pollutes and they don't do ****...Why should we?"

It's a big ass circle jerk. The end result is that we should cut back. I'm not saying toss your damned HO mustang. I'm saying start somewhere.

somewhatgifted

somewhatgifted

Awards
  • Established
Sounds interesting, hopefully it doesnt create a new problem by trying to fix an old problem, but i agree we have to do something.

somewhatgifted

somewhatgifted

Awards
  • Established
So since we can't do anything about the other countries we should just sit back and do nothing? The US has been on the cutting edge in every other industry why not here too? Take the first steps and make the choices and the world will follow. I can imagine the rest of the world looking at us and saying, "Look how much the US pollutes and they don't do ****...Why should we?"

It's a big ass circle jerk. The end result is that we should cut back. I'm not saying toss your damned HO mustang. I'm saying start somewhere.
This sums up my opinion, no more passing the buck and making it accountability free.

anabolicrhino

anabolicrhino

Awards
  • Established
This would be a great f-ing planet if it wasn't for the humans!!!

It has always fascinated me how science and politics can seperate humans form the rest of the Earth, like we are some kind of foriegn invader intent on destroying our only known means of survival.

So, humans are stupid and evil and are destined to live in scarcity
and eternal war for survival? Wow, what a great planet!

If the Earth is so great, why doesnt it just fix itself?

"bah!...puny humans"- The Hulk

CDB

CDB

Awards
  • Established
CDB: You're one of the more literate guys here, but damning both sides for playing politics is digressive/tangential. Both sides spend God-awful billions to make their case... which case is more plausible? It's rhetorical, I know what the response will be. Anyway, I value your opinion.
Indeed, which is? Will the world end in a toaster oven or will the Earth keep going as it's always done with maybe a hiccup here and there? Based on the amount of times people have cried wolf in the past, and claimed the only salvation was to be found in giving them money and power, I remain a skeptic.