Level
    Lv. Percent
    88.32%
    Achievements Activity ProPosting Pro

Why Church and Men Don’t Mix

Why Church and Men Don’t Mix
    By Doug Giles
    Saturday, December 16, 2006

Have you ever asked yourself, “Self, why do churches today look more like the bra and panty department at Sears rather than a battalion of men poised to kick demonic butt?”

The lack of men in church is not at all difficult to see. Just pry yourself out of bed on any Sunday morning and go to church. Then, count the number of ladies in the pews and the number of men. The result will more than likely be that you’ll get slapped in the face with the Jose Cuervo-like reality that men frequent church about as much as Bill and Hillary dirty dance.

So, why do men keep away from church like Kramer does a Snoop Dogg pot party?

Here’s the veneer-stripped-away answer: going to church has become very dainty. That’s right. Church, for most men, has not only become irrelevant, it has also become effeminate. Hanging out in church for most Y-chromosomes seems unmanly, and most men—more than anything (at least for now)—want to be masculine!

The current lack of strong men within the Church, both in the numeric and leadership sense, has crippled our cathedrals and has helped devastate our nation ethically.

The masculine spirit being absent from the pulpit, the pew (and subsequently the public square) has not only slowed down the forward progress of the Church, it has also weakened our nation’s morality, increased our country’s secularity, done nothing for national security and has assisted (owing to our absence) the lascivious Left’s re-definition of life, sex, marriage and law.

The question is, how do we regain the masculine spirit in our houses of worship? Here are a few things the Church can do:

• Put an end to preaching by whiny, over-preened and giddy Nancy Boys . . . like . . . uh . . . now. It freaks out us meat eaters. Get it? If you want to draw men to church, then put a man in the pulpit. It’s pretty simple. You get what you fish for. Duh. If you want a bunch of Nancy’s, then keep your Nancy pastor. If you want some dudes to fill the pews, then get a dude to do the preaching. Good luck finding a non-neutered minister, though, as most seminaries are cranking out puppets and not prophets.

• Ditto regarding the worship/music leader. Also, make sure your new testosterone laden songmeister is outfitted with weighty worship music instead of the saccharine-laced slush we have had to sing ad nauseam et infinitum for the last, oh, 100 years.

• Enough with the Precious Moments prints and figurines—okay? How about decking out the sanctuary with serious transcendent art work that stops us in our tracks, rather than ubiquitous prints of fat baby angels who look like they’ve got a good buzz going from too much Mountain Dew and Robitussin?

• Lose the Church’s “I’m in therapy forever” feel. Yes, yes, I know . . . “we’re all a work in progress,” but the co-dependant, extended womb the Church has wrongfully created has allowed congregants to use the excuse of “going through some bad crap” as a viable reason for not getting a life. Sure, life is hard, Dinky—and the sooner we celebrate the struggle the quicker we will draw men back to our houses of worship.

If the Church wants to recover its losses, we’ve got to draw the knuckle draggers back to church. Masculine men are pretty easy. Toss in reason, competition, initiation, struggle, irreverance and a problem to throttle, and we are there man. Blow off, suppress and emasculate the environment of these holy testicular necessities, and your church, as far as men go, will be more empty than Paris Hilton’s head.

One last word for the young Christian man: Do you want to grow up quickly? Then leave mommy’s familiar, safe haven and venture out into the danger zone. Beware, young man, of parents and pastors who want to “mother” you. Avoid the secure; refuse over-protection; and happily accept the masculine task of the patriarch, the prophet, the warrior and wild man. Go crash and burn for your dream.

Get to a place, young warrior, where pain is not a big deal, and where you embrace resistance. And by your example, you will encourage others to resist self-doubt, squeamishness, indecision and the impulse to surrender and withdraw into the warm, wet womb of Wussville.

* Logon to Clash Radio and check out Doug’s interview with comedian Brad Stine founder of GodMen.org. GodMen believes that being a guy is a reason to be proud - not a problem to be fixed. GodMen.org connects men to their spiritual masculinity - making them dangerous in a righteous way. Also, on ClashRadio.com is Giles’ new video blog, Why Church and Men Don’t Mix.

Doug Giles is the creator and host of The Clash radio shows, winners of seven Silver Microphone Awards and two Communicator Awards in the last three years, and a contributing columnist on Townhall.com.
    Recent log:http://anabolicminds.com/forum/supplement-reviews-logs/213350-lean-efx-refined.html

2. Registered User
    Stats
    6'1"  240 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    69.54%
    Achievements Activity ProPosting ProPosting Authority

to quote tyler durden, "we're a generation of men raised by women. i'm wondering if another woman is really the answer we need."
  3. Registered User
    Stats
    6'0"  265 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    28.6%

I don't go to church because there's no strippers or 1 night stand chicks in church

In all seriousness, I used to go to mass every sunday from 8AM-9AM until 5-6 years ago. I am Catholic and I just got tired of people trying to scare me into being nice, which is not biologically possible for a man IMO. I go whenever I feel spiritually inclined to attend mass. It just got to the point where it was depressing and I was getting nothing out of attending mass every week. Then of course I had to hear speeches from my dad and mom about how bad it is to not attend services so I attended frequently until I said "**** this sh!t" I think Christ loves me for who I am and and I lead a more Christian life then most people I know who go to church every Sunday.

I'm a teacher and coach and I see this at work every day. Teachers feel bad for poor Johnny because he got and F and they think he needs MORE help. I said something to the effect of "little Johnny needs to be a man and figure sh!t out for himself or he'll never be a man. The more help we give the more he regresses, lets take a step back and let him have his baptism by fire" I got so many horrified looks, I was made out to be a bad guy

A chick even stopped seeing me because I love Metallica and she says they'r a bad and aggressive band. She can have her "yes mam" metro sexuals !

Beelz: Great quote bro, I agree

BP: I'm gonna use the "Go crash and burn for your dream" quote to inspire my players along with Rocky's story to fire up my football players, who I make hyper-masculine
    •   

4. Board Supporter
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    14.28%

Interesting article and pretty true. Reminds me of the ideas in the book Wild at Heart by John Eldredge.
  5. Senior Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    44.42%
    Achievements Posting Pro

Quote Originally Posted by Iron Warrior
    A chick even stopped seeing me because I love Metallica and she says they'r a bad and aggressive band. She can have her "yes mam" metro sexuals !
    No 'tallica?! I'd have booted her ass to the curb. Yes they're aggressive, that's the point. Listening to Metallica makes you want to . Metal Uber Alles!!!!
  6. Registered User
    Stats
    6'0"  265 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    28.6%

Quote Originally Posted by UHCougar05
    No 'tallica?! I'd have booted her ass to the curb. Yes they're aggressive, that's the point. Listening to Metallica makes you want to . Metal Uber Alles!!!!
    You know what's funny, any girls will get along with me great if she lets me watch football, train, and has self-respect but they seem to have gone out of style LOL
  7. Senior Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    47.82%

As I've warned previously, most of my posts are utter nonsense - amounting to nothing more than goofball fun.

There are some exceptions, and this is one of those.

For me - my faith is about a relationship with God. For me, that involves learning God's word - just as learning physics involves studying books and articles on physics, and listening to lectures. I need some way of being spiritually fed, and I can't do that without source material. A good church can do this, a bad church (one driven only by social needs) is a waste.

I agree that some motivation/tactics do not work, or at least - for me - do not evidence the right motivation. In other words, I have to want that relationship to be part of who I am and to direct my actions; otherwise I would just be going through the motions.

The Bible is none too easy on the expecations of men. What are are called to do, and not do, is pretty daunting. It sure doesn't advocate that we be passive pambys. I fail every day - but keep trying. Why? For me - it is the truth and the right thing to do.

I think there are some pretty universal do's and don'ts we've lost track of. For me, that has to change one decision at a time, one family at a time.

I'll go back to being a jackass (or at least a self appointed jester and Gary Coleman nightmare) now.
  8. Registered User
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    20.19%

They need more goblins and gargoyles on churches. Churches used to be bad ass. I'd go to church, and I'm not even religious, if it looked like one of those old, bad ass, stone monstrosities from the middle ages. With a pipe organ that could vibrate you and your girl to orgasm even in the back pew. That's what I call a service.
  9. Senior Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    44.42%
    Achievements Posting Pro

Quote Originally Posted by Iron Warrior
    You know what's funny, any girls will get along with me great if she lets me watch football, train, and has self-respect but they seem to have gone out of style LOL
    Mine doesn't much care for football. Oh well, two outta three ain't bad.
  10. Senior Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    44.42%
    Achievements Posting Pro

Quote Originally Posted by CDB
    They need more goblins and gargoyles on churches. Churches used to be bad ass. I'd go to church, and I'm not even religious, if it looked like one of those old, bad ass, stone monstrosities from the middle ages. With a pipe organ that could vibrate you and your girl to orgasm even in the back pew. That's what I call a service.
    Sounds like my kinda church. Of course, then people like this come along and **** it up for everyone else.
  11. Hang'n & Bang'n
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    32.99%

Religion is way over-rated... i used to be a practicing Christian then i decided i'm tired of suppressing my manhood and i'd rather be a heathen. I'm having a alot more fun now...
  12. Registered User
    Stats
    6'2"  210 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    13.59%

I think religion should be in ones heart, not force fed to the masses. I hope one day we all find a reason to believe in something real, something we can feel. Until that day my religion is maintaining our home mother earth, without it we have nothing. Church didnt feel right to me so i stopped going, i dont know that it was the right decision but it wasnt for me.

Similar Forum Threads

1. Why Clomid AND Nolva
    By Hyde12 in forum Post Cycle Therapy
    Replies: 9
    Last Post: 05-05-2007, 05:36 PM
  2. Seperation of Church and State
    By goldylight in forum Politics
    Replies: 90
    Last Post: 04-09-2006, 11:30 AM
  3. myo lean efx and vasopro ephedrine mix?
    By ourtran in forum Supplements
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 04-06-2006, 09:46 PM
  4. Cutting supps how to take and should i mix them?
    By talk2marvin in forum Supplements
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 07-16-2005, 03:00 AM
  5. Why Is It Bad To Mix Creatine With...?
    By BIGNBUFF in forum Supplements
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 07-24-2003, 02:51 PM