To Be Married Means to Be Outnumbered

BigVrunga

BigVrunga

Awards
  • Established
Well christ look how much it cost to get married these days!! My girl and I were trying to price a low-key wedding and we couldnt keep it under $10k!! Id rather go on vacation and buy a house, personally.

BV

tattoopierced1

Well christ look how much it cost to get married these days!! My girl and I were trying to price a low-key wedding and we couldnt keep it under $10k!! Id rather go on vacation and buy a house, personally.

BV
jeez... mine cost us all of $2k, and that was with ring and reception...

Jayhawkk

Jayhawkk

Legend
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
In today's age where marriage equals assumed credit risks etc. It's a lot more involved to get married as opposed to 30 years ago.

Nothing lasts forever but credit and debt can make it seem like it does.

BigVrunga

BigVrunga

Awards
  • Established
jeez... mine cost us all of $2k, and that was with ring and reception...

B5150

B5150

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Geeze, go to the JOP. It's not like you're in love with the woman, you're just marrying her :icon_lol:

bpmartyr

bpmartyr

Snuggle Club™ mascot
Awards
  • Established
My Pastor married us at our church and it only cost me 10% of my gross for life. :D

Jayhawkk

Jayhawkk

Legend
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
Hell, the invitations cost almost a thousand alonge for mine and that was the cheap side of things.

Pfunk47

Pfunk47

Pop-Lock champion of 84'
Awards
  • Established
Vegas!!! vacation + fun + marriage

CDB

CDB

Awards
  • Established

BV
Here's hoping you never have to know how much the divorce costs.

Skye

Skye

Awards
  • Established
Another factor is that a lot of men are scared of the aftermath, divorce is financially devastating and usually for the man. Every one here knows some one that got taken to the cleaners whether he deserved it or not. I have to tell you I would be really hesitant to enter in an agreement that would cause me to loose half of every thing I own if it goes south. I would think that a woman with means would feel the same given some of the shysters running around.

glg

glg

Awards
  • Established
#1 Married (small church no reception) - Divorced nothing worth taking

# 2 Married Huge cathederal wedding & massive reception (no idea how much her father paid) - divorced finally paid off after 16 yrs.

#3 Long term realtionship/common law - widower the cost will never go away.

#4 Long term realtionship/common law - still plugging away 10th anniv last Sept.

one child married - did it own her own in her Sunday service

two left and I hope I hit the lotto so I can pay for some of it.

$1k for a dress that is only worn once!! YIKES

CDB

CDB

Awards
  • Established
Another factor is that a lot of men are scared of the aftermath, divorce is financially devastating and usually for the man. Every one here knows some one that got taken to the cleaners whether he deserved it or not. I have to tell you I would be really hesitant to enter in an agreement that would cause me to loose half of every thing I own if it goes south. I would think that a woman with means would feel the same given some of the shysters running around.
I disagree. In my experience many women are not turned off by other women who take men for everything they're worth with or without cause. They think the men inherently deserve to be screwed and the women inherently deserve to be taken care of. Feminist entitlement attitude gone wild basically. Even women I know who seem like good people tend to to look at these situations like this.

Personally I think marriage is an obsolete concept. People should be free live without attachments since men and women can each support themselves independently. Birth control methods for both sexes are freely available. Kids should be raised in hives by people who want to be involved with that sort of thing.

motiv8er

motiv8er

Awards
  • Established
I disagree. In my experience many women are not turned off by other women who take men for everything they're worth with or without cause. They think the men inherently deserve to be screwed and the women inherently deserve to be taken care of. Feminist entitlement attitude gone wild basically. Even women I know who seem like good people tend to to look at these situations like this.

Personally I think marriage is an obsolete concept. People should be free live without attachments since men and women can each support themselves independently. Birth control methods for both sexes are freely available. Kids should be raised in hives by people who want to be involved with that sort of thing.
They are, its called Catholic school; Father.