Teen Questioned Over Bush Threats on MySpace

mywetnightmares

Kyra Gracie= my future wife
Awards
  • Established
Teen Questioned Over Bush Threats on MySpace - AOL News

I just gotta vent about this, and it might be because I had a little drinky tonight (no I'm not drunk-posting, Isaid a little drinky), but I'm getting a little tired of this kinda thing. I understand political dissent and have no problem with it, if people want to disagree and talk about the issues that's just fine. I'm sick of the lack of fvckin' respect for authority in this country however. If you don't like Bush, that's fine, you're entitled to your opinion. At least have some respect though, he's the fvckin' CIC (Commander in Chief) for fvck's sake.

There are politicians I dislike from my hometown and my homestate and when Clinton was president I didn't really like him, and I still don't really like him. Despite those facts, I would never write something about doing any bodily harm to the friggin' president (even Clinton). I may not have voted for Clinton, but I'm an American citizen and damn proud to say that, and in America we're free to elect our government officials by popular sovereignty. That means that if you live here, the president, whoever he may be, whether or not you voted for him, is your president so get used to it. Now you can bring up the point about Bush that he didn't win the popular vote the first time, true, but he still won the presidency and he did win the popular vote the second time so that point is moot.

In the short time I've been in the military I've met a couple officers I didn't care for. The difference between me and people like this chick in the article, at least a big one, is respect. I may not like one of these officers, but when I address him/her you better believe I'm saying yes sir/ma'am, no sir/ma'am, aye sir/ma'am. When I pass them outside when I'm in uniform, you can be damn sure I'll be poppin' a salute. It's all about fvckin' respect.

You don't have to like the person, but at least repect the rank.

Gumbo

Gumbo

Awards
Is it just me or is the hatred being spewed by the lefties getting more and more disturbing?

CDB

CDB

Awards
  • Established
Respect is earned and there are many who think that Bush hasn't earned any and/or squandered what bit he deserved. This is also supposed to be a free country and two Secret Service agents questioning an underage girl about her 'threats' against the president without her parents present might smell a little gestapoish to some people.

jomi822

jomi822

Banned
Awards
  • Established
the argument that you should respect someone simply because of their position is rediculous. Sadaam was the ruler of Iraq, do you respect him for his position? Osama is the leader of Al Queda, do you respect him for his position?

i judge people by their actions, not by the position they hold. respect is earned, and president bush has completely ignored the safety, privacy, wishes, and constitutional rights of every citezen in America.

This isnt the army, no one else in ameria has signed away their rights to my knowledge. id like to say that i am not a liberal, however i am shocked that this man has been allowed to get away with what he has. He started an unjustified war that is still continuing. He threatens online companies and phone companies in order to obtain search and phone call records. He completely violates the right to privacy. The patriot act might as well the Alien and Sedition Act part II. It is just as offensive. He has also managed to deny people the right to trial.

he is watching you on the internet, at home, on the phone, in public, and hes made damn sure you cant do a thing about it. He has created a Big Brother like this country hasnt seen in over 100 years.

and you think i should respect that?

And people lets be serious. shes a 14 year old ****ing girl. someone try and justify this to me. someone untwist bush's cheerleading coke sniffing drunk driving panties and tell him to grow up. never mind that there is a consititution that protects the right to freedom of speech.

mywetnightmares

Awards
  • Established
I'm not saying respect the man, I'm saying respect the position. Respect shouldn't have to be earned trust yes, respect no. It's not about the type of person he is or what he's done, it's about the type of person you are. I'm not saying grovel at his feet cuz he's the president, I'm saying respect his position because of all the people that have held the position before him and because what the position signifies.

Kristofer68SS

Kristofer68SS

Awards
  • Established
Elected officials....surely you jest. That is comical.

Freedom Of speech, end of story.

Lets focus on the real problems, not what a 14 year girl is doing. Damn, some people have there priorities in the wrong places.

For the record. I hate that piece of **** Bush, too.

mywetnightmares

Awards
  • Established
um, excuse me?
Like I said, trust should be earned, respect should be given. Maybe we have different definitions of respect. I see trust as something that you give because someone's done something to earn it. Respect should be given because it shows the type of person you are, it demonstrates your character.

BigVrunga

BigVrunga

Awards
  • Established
Bush is a ****ing nitwit, but I think this is getting blown out of proportion because everyone (well, most people) feel that he's trying to slowly take our rights away, etc.

I remember from Social Studies in 10th grade (Im 30, so that was ages ago) - our teacher told us that it was a crime to make death threats against the president. Sure its freedom of speech, but still - what if someone had a myspace page with your picture with a knife through it? Especially a highschool kid, with all this "bring a gun to school and shoot the bully' bull**** going on today?

I think the president is a ****ing idiot, but I wouldnt go making death threats toward him on the biggest public forum on the internet. That's just stupid, there's plenty of other ways to display your discontent.

BV

Jayhawkk

Jayhawkk

Legend
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
Couple of things to take note of...Freedom of speech only goes as far as infringing on another person's rights. I.E., yelling fire in a theatre.

Saying a 14 year old girl is a waste of time is like turning your back on a 12 year old with a gun because he's a 'wanna be' thug.

In a time where schools are being terrorised by teens and people are blowing themselves and other up. Some caution is expected. Water boarding the girl is one thing but questioning her, to me, is completely deserved.

Kristofer68SS

Kristofer68SS

Awards
  • Established
i just dont think her rant is worthy of the medias attention.

I mean, come on. There are so many more important news worthy topics that should be mainstream media news.....Not this stupid myspace crap.

just my 2 cents.

jomi822

jomi822

Banned
Awards
  • Established
Saying a 14 year old girl is a waste of time is like turning your back on a 12 year old with a gun because he's a 'wanna be' thug.
this 14 year old posted a picture of a knife stabbing president bush. a 12 year old with a gun is a different story completely.

instead of playing devil's advocate, lets be serious. a 14 year old girl isnt seriously considering assasinating president bush.what is wrong with you people. do you want your CHILD being yanked out of class and being screamed at and threatened by 2 secret service agents?

this wasnt 30 year old Abul kubul mahummed akbar starting up a "kill the president" forum. This was a 14 year old girl. last time i checked we arent at war with 14 year old girls.

Kristofer68SS

Kristofer68SS

Awards
  • Established
this 14 year old posted a picture of a knife stabbing president bush. a 12 year old with a gun is a different story completely.

instead of playing devil's advocate, lets be serious. a 14 year old girl isnt seriously considering assasinating president bush.what is wrong with you people. do you want your CHILD being yanked out of class and being screamed at and threatened by 2 secret service agents?

this wasnt 30 year old Abul kubul mahummed akbar starting up a "kill the president" forum. This was a 14 year old girl. last time i checked we arent at war with 14 year old girls.
agreed.....props 4 speakn the truth

anabolicrhino

anabolicrhino

Awards
  • Established
This is about the perception of control. Myspace is one of the most heavily "monitored" sites ever. The act of questioning the girl is to reinforce "who" has the power and "who" must answer the questions.

If I were to post a Myspace blogspot with a series of questions for the president (ie Why are we in Iraq?) He has no obligation to answer. He does have the "power to question" anyone who "threatens" his physical person,...and just so you don't forget it, the little girl becomes an example to the people.

Remember the little girl who had the huge Napster data base?
Remember free music?
Remember free...?

LCSULLA

Awards
  • Established
I think there are two different issues here. One is that the child made a threat ageinst POTUS and two USSS agents pulling from class.
On the first it is a crime to threaten the prez and thos guys and gals take that **** very seriously. So the young lady deserved a very stern warning and a visit from the feds.

But I do disagree with them talking to her without her parents. That just seems...shady to me.

Jayhawkk

Jayhawkk

Legend
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
MY child won't be because I monitor MY child and they know better than to do that kind of ****. IF I were to find something like this the feds wouldn't have to because I would be yanking her out of class.

Was she a threat to the president? Most likely not but she could of been a threat, if she was a troubled kid, to others. Do you honestly think someone who displays this kind of anger at her age is your typical kid?

jomi822

jomi822

Banned
Awards
  • Established
MY child won't be because I monitor MY child and they know better than to do that kind of ****. IF I were to find something like this the feds wouldn't have to because I would be yanking her out of class.

Was she a threat to the president? Most likely not but she could of been a threat, if she was a troubled kid, to others. Do you honestly think someone who displays this kind of anger at her age is your typical kid?
an eccentric and troubled high school kid...not a first. how many 14 year olds that you know are capable of assasinating the president of the united states? i cant believe our federal agents are wasting time on something like this, even to make an example.

and how does her posting a picture of a knife stabbing bush imply she is a threat to others? have you seen the picture of this girl? I know youre a police officer and the law is the law is the law, but im sure president bush has bigger concerns than some 14 year old high school freshman.

if you seriously think its ok to yank a 14 year old girl out of class and threaten her gestapo style over some pictures she posted on what is primarily a high school social network than i just cant argue with that. some people just see black and white when it comes to the law. it doesnt always work that way. 14 year old girls being threatend by the secret service agents is rediculous

tomall2

Awards
That's one heck of a response time by the USSS - Last Spring (original posting) to mid Fall (initial contact). Good thing she wasn't a real threat.

Jayhawkk

Jayhawkk

Legend
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
All I know is that at leastr the local police should of looked into it. Of course if she would of killed her neighbor(an example) and the site was found they would of went on and on about how there were signs of this to come.

Basso

Basso

Awards
  • Established
Very interesting dicussion indeed, I guess I'll throw my 2 cents in here.
First Respect for a person is earned, but respect for a position is not earned. I respect the position of Pres no matter who is in the seat, I didn't respect Clinton but I respected his position.
Secondly I feel that the g-men had probable cause to talk to this young lady, I agree with Jay that if she had parents that gave a sh*t this would never be an issue, but hell she threatened the pres of the USA, if we were in another country she would be in Jail or worse, so yeh a little talking to was warranted.

tsc

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
two things:

1) if it was just a picture, how is that taken as a threat against the president's life? Had I seen that, I wouldn't have taken it as a direct threat, just that she is pissed and has issues. If it read "I'm going to kill bush" that would be different.

2) People do things, positions don't. You can't respect a position when the very person holding that position does not respect it.

TSC

Jayhawkk

Jayhawkk

Legend
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
Respect is earned, no doubt.

And back to the story. Without all the information all we can do is speculate but *if* there was a actual threat made and there were other things there to seem suspicious then I still agree with the girl questioned.

One of the first things I would of tried to find out was whether it was her or if she was fed this. Then I would of went and got a donut.

CDB

CDB

Awards
  • Established
All I know is that at leastr the local police should of looked into it. Of course if she would of killed her neighbor(an example) and the site was found they would of went on and on about how there were signs of this to come.
I do see what you and Basso are saying, but I have to disagree. For one, some kids go south with even the most attentive of parents. For another, and based on my teaching/counseling experience kids of that age acting out and doing things like that is not abnormal. They've got hormones raging, the most well adjusted kid has some issues at that age. If you think your kids are immune it's more than possible you have an unp0leasant surprise in your future. Next, it just looks ridiculous, and it is ridiculous.

Whether this girl needed a talking to or not isn't what's at issue. I don't know a person who'd have a problem with a LEO of some kind contacting the parents of the girl and explaining to her in their presence that what she did was illegal, and also assessing whether or not she really was a risk of some kind. Two agents pulling her out of class without parental notification and questioning her as if she was some serious threat is ridiculous. It represents the "that's the law" attitude at its most blatant and disgusting. It represents to some, me included, what seems like an all out assault on our freedoms as if US citizens are the enemy, not religious nutcases from the Middle East. That girl is one of the people these agents are supposed to be protecting, not interrogating.

This incident also brings out the inherent unreasonableness of government and the blunt nature of the power of the law for everyone to see. No one wants their kid treated that way. And that at no stage of the game was there anyone in authority willing to step in and say, "It's a 14 year old school girl who is a citizen, not a foreign terrorist, so maybe you shouldn't be handling it this way," is a bit disturbing to many people. Now to me it's disturbing but expected. because my view of "the law" and many people who make/enforce them isn't romantic by any stretch. A lot of people however simply do not see the nature of law and its enforcement until it hits them square in the head, and they don't much like it then.

Jayhawkk

Jayhawkk

Legend
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
Two agents pulling her out of class without parental notification and questioning her as if she was some serious threat is ridiculous.
I agree. The questioning without parental involvment was overboard. My only stake in this was whether or not the girl should of been questioned but my opinion on how it was done mirrors your statement. She is a citizen and should be treated like one.

brk_nemesis

brk_nemesis

yea!!!!!
Awards
  • Established
id like to say that i am not a liberal, however i am shocked that this man has been allowed to get away with what he has. He started an unjustified war that is still continuing. He threatens online companies and phone companies in order to obtain search and phone call records. He completely violates the right to privacy. The patriot act might as well the Alien and Sedition Act part II. It is just as offensive. He has also managed to deny people the right to trial.

he is watching you on the internet, at home, on the phone, in public, and hes made damn sure you cant do a thing about it. He has created a Big Brother like this country hasnt seen in over 100 years.
What the hell kind of reality are u livin in. You actually have grown up thinking that bush sits up in his chair and barks orders down to everyone else to follow. Bush is not even half to blame on anything wrong in the country. Bush has handlers just like evry other dam president has and they are the ones who make and/or break the rules. If you wanna blame anyone blame ur senators, ur congressman, all of congress- all of 90% of politians that are corrupt in some shape or form b/c they no longer give a rats azz bout u or any other citizen and only about the bank transfer they are gettin next week from 10 different lobbyists. I dont like bush but i am not gonna blame him for anything when the lobbyists and corporations run this country. Dont know what kinda crack ur smokin but open up some history books and learn some politics and the basics of government. I luv how everyone is so quick to blame bush of everything yet if al gore, kerry, clinton or anyone else was in, we would be in the same position. We no longer have a country of people willing to do whats nessary for the people(politians/ congressman) therefore its fcked up no matter whos in charge. The presidency is bigger than one man, always has been, and if someone else was in his spot, everyone of america would be *****in bout something else going wrong and how our new pres. is crap. Grow up and understand our whole government is fcked up beyond recognition and if u dont wanna put up with it, move to canada.

Like I said, trust should be earned, respect should be given. Maybe we have different definitions of respect. I see trust as something that you give because someone's done something to earn it. Respect should be given because it shows the type of person you are, it demonstrates your character.
^^ i feel yeah man.

jomi822

jomi822

Banned
Awards
  • Established
What the hell kind of reality are u livin in. You actually have grown up thinking that bush sits up in his chair and barks orders down to everyone else to follow. Bush is not even half to blame on anything wrong in the country. Bush has handlers just like evry other dam president has and they are the ones who make and/or break the rules. If you wanna blame anyone blame ur senators, ur congressman, all of congress- all of 90% of politians that are corrupt in some shape or form b/c they no longer give a rats azz bout u or any other citizen and only about the bank transfer they are gettin next week from 10 different lobbyists. I dont like bush but i am not gonna blame him for anything when the lobbyists and corporations run this country. Dont know what kinda crack ur smokin but open up some history books and learn some politics and the basics of government. I luv how everyone is so quick to blame bush of everything yet if al gore, kerry, clinton or anyone else was in, we would be in the same position. We no longer have a country of people willing to do whats nessary for the people(politians/ congressman) therefore its fcked up no matter whos in charge. The presidency is bigger than one man, always has been, and if someone else was in his spot, everyone of america would be *****in bout something else going wrong and how our new pres. is crap. Grow up and understand our whole government is fcked up beyond recognition and if u dont wanna put up with it, move to canada.

^^ i feel yeah man.
no.

CDB

CDB

Awards
  • Established
I'm not saying respect the man, I'm saying respect the position. Respect shouldn't have to be earned trust yes, respect no. It's not about the type of person he is or what he's done, it's about the type of person you are. I'm not saying grovel at his feet cuz he's the president, I'm saying respect his position because of all the people that have held the position before him and because what the position signifies.
I see what you're saying and to a point agree. However, we are talking about a 14 year old. Not saying it's acceptable behavior, but you have to make some allowances for the fact that it is a kid we're talking about and she's not going to have all the nuances of respectful discourse down at her age. Not to mention that what she did as described by the article is quite tame compared to some of the stuff I've seen on the net. Not advocating relativism, just pointing out the absurdity of questioning a 14 year old girl about her 'death threat' toward the president when the web is full of such rhetoric and threats, many a lot more credible threats than her's.

bioman

bioman

Awards
  • Established
"he's the fvckin' CIC (Commander in Chief) for fvck's sake."

And I am not currently in the military and thus not beholden to him in any way. A US president works FOR ME, not the other way around. He is not my boss, nor is he any sort of spiritual or political icon to me unless I say so. If he messes up, I can call for his resignation.

That said, no one should threaten or imply physical harm on anyone else. That's called assault and it get's magnified a million times in terms of seriousness when it concerns the CIC or any other high ranking official (they know how to vote in laws to give themselves extra protection, but I digress).

pistonpump

pistonpump

Banned
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
interesting points made here. I agree with everything Jayhawwk has said....with that said i cant wait for Bush to be out of office.

spatch

spatch

Awards
  • Established
Is it just me or is the hatred being spewed by the lefties getting more and more disturbing?
To add to this, its mostly bandwaggon stuff. You ask people (my age mostly) why they hate bush and they say "hes an idiot" and i ask how so and they say something along the lines of "durrrrrr de de deeee"

Kristofer68SS

Kristofer68SS

Awards
  • Established
an eccentric and troubled high school kid...not a first. how many 14 year olds that you know are capable of assasinating the president of the united states? i cant believe our federal agents are wasting time on something like this, even to make an example.

and how does her posting a picture of a knife stabbing bush imply she is a threat to others? have you seen the picture of this girl? I know youre a police officer and the law is the law is the law, but im sure president bush has bigger concerns than some 14 year old high school freshman.

if you seriously think its ok to yank a 14 year old girl out of class and threaten her gestapo style over some pictures she posted on what is primarily a high school social network than i just cant argue with that. some people just see black and white when it comes to the law. it doesnt always work that way. 14 year old girls being threatend by the secret service agents is rediculous
once again, rational thought for a change.

Kristofer68SS

Kristofer68SS

Awards
  • Established
To add to this, its mostly bandwaggon stuff. You ask people (my age mostly) why they hate bush and they say "hes an idiot" and i ask how so and they say something along the lines of "durrrrrr de de deeee"
im your huckleberry :), mencia.

point #1... have you heard this guy speak in public.

Basso

Basso

Awards
  • Established
im your huckleberry :), mencia.

point #1... have you heard this guy speak in public.
Public speaking ability=level of intelligence????

Only in politics, whether Bush is intelligent or not is not relative to this topic anyway. The real question here is how far do we go to protect the office. The internet has raised so many new concerns and problems, I think the govt is scrambling to try and catch up and figure out a way to approach it.

Kristofer68SS

Kristofer68SS

Awards
  • Established
I am sorry, but the internet is not a legitimate concern.

I mean, lets talk about the national debt, the war in iraq, north korea, starving kids in america, violence in the streets, no child left behind, social security, ad nausem.

Internet, yeah thats the problem. lol

PS...no offense

Jayhawkk

Jayhawkk

Legend
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
Well the fact that ther are other problems and even bigger problems do not mean others should be ignored. You act as if the same 5 people work all these issues. You tell the parents of dead kids who were taken from them by internet stalkers and how the laws haven't caught up that these aren't issues.

Basso

Basso

Awards
  • Established
No offense taken, I'm not saying it is a huge problem but an annoyance concern. The internet offers information that should not be at the finger tips of some people and should definitely be taken serious. Just a couple weeks ago we had a security breach in South Korea, military kid spewing secrets out on MySpace. The power of information can be scarey when you see it misused. Can't be ignored completely!

(What about the spotted owl?)

anabolicrhino

anabolicrhino

Awards
  • Established
You can accept a person, their way of life and their right to live it

A US citizen has to accept the "office" of president and its rank and privilidge.( no physical threats )

But no one can make you respect anything that you don't believe to be truthful or honest.

Jayhawkk

Jayhawkk

Legend
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
duuuuuuuuude, keep up with the conversation :) We already passed respect! We're on to the internets!

anabolicrhino

anabolicrhino

Awards
  • Established
duuuuuuuuude, keep up with the conversation :) We already passed respect! We're on to the internets!
I accept the internet, but I am reserving my respect for the holo-net( 3-d youtube)

CDB

CDB

Awards
  • Established
Well the fact that ther are other problems and even bigger problems do not mean others should be ignored. You act as if the same 5 people work all these issues. You tell the parents of dead kids who were taken from them by internet stalkers and how the laws haven't caught up that these aren't issues.
There's a big difference between some perv asking a kid out on the web and some kid throwing up what amounts to a clumsy and moronic political statement. As for the people who spent time doing this, whether people like it or not the government has limited resources. So by definition that means time was taken away from some other pursuit to question this girl.

moklepaul

moklepaul

Awards
  • Established
I need links to these holo-porns. For research...

brk_nemesis

brk_nemesis

yea!!!!!
Awards
  • Established
no? wow just a response id expect from someone with ur intelligence. i guess that means u still believe steriods are "evil" b/c mommy and daddy said so right? grow up man.

krenalor

Awards
"It's a 14 year old school girl who is a citizen, not a foreign terrorist, so maybe you shouldn't be handling it this way," is a bit disturbing to many people.
She is no citizen, she is a child and had no basic rights under the constitution which concern adult rights. She should receive a spanking, grounding, and be told to not talk to adults (including on the internet) because children should be seen and not heard. We have a country filled with spoiled little brats because they aren't disciplined.

What do you want to bet the spoiled brat had a computer in her room, the adults had no idea what she was posting, and they had no idea she even had a myspace profile, or what it said? Parents like that shouldn't breed.

Basso

Basso

Awards
  • Established
She is no citizen, she is a child and had no basic rights under the constitution which concern adult rights. She should receive a spanking, grounding, and be told to not talk to adults (including on the internet) because children should be seen and not heard. We have a country filled with spoiled little brats because they aren't disciplined.

What do you want to bet the spoiled brat had a computer in her room, the adults had no idea what she was posting, and they had no idea she even had a myspace profile, or what it said? Parents like that shouldn't breed.
LoL, be careful you might offend someone! BTW well said!

anabolicrhino

anabolicrhino

Awards
  • Established

Where can I see these spoiled teens being spanked?