Amish choose to forgive shooter
- 10-08-2006, 12:45 PM
- 10-08-2006, 01:04 PM
That's pretty amazing, I used to live about 40min outside of lancaster. Those Amish are something else, very nice people. It's a lesson for all of us.
10-08-2006, 01:12 PM
They sure know how to "walk the talk".
CNN.com - Amish grandfather: 'We must not think evil of this man' - Oct 4, 2006
"It was one of the most touching things I have seen in 25 years of Christian ministry."
10-08-2006, 01:36 PM
10-08-2006, 10:07 PM
10-08-2006, 11:07 PM
As ghandi says, "an eye for en eye leaves the whole world blind."
And if everyone followed these 2 ideas, we wouldnt have war, hunger, or 99% of evil in this world.Originally Posted by EEmain
10-09-2006, 11:26 AM
Originally Posted by spatch
in the words of the infamous Bas Rutten....
"I dont believe in an eye for an eye,... I believe in two eyes for an eye."
-too bad the dirt bag killed himself, i woulda payed off a prison guard, brought in my infamous car battery and cord, and had a nice, everlasting afternoon of electroshock.
10-09-2006, 11:34 AM
the freak shows from westboro church were planning to show up at the girls funerals. fox offered them one hour of air time to keep them away, they accepted.
10-09-2006, 12:27 PM
Those folks are wacked. Very nice of Fox to do that. The Amish may be missing the whole "go into all the world teaching them to obey all that I have commanded" thing, but they are good peoples.Originally Posted by Beelzebub
10-09-2006, 04:20 PM
I don't think they are missing anything. They teach by their actions which is more than can be said of others. In short, they get it.
10-09-2006, 04:46 PM
10-09-2006, 05:00 PM
To each their own. To debate this would step into theological/doctrinal territory and I am not interested.
I agree on the whole that these guys have it going on for the most part and hopefully we can agree to disagree on the minutia.
10-09-2006, 05:03 PM
10-09-2006, 05:03 PM
10-09-2006, 05:10 PM
LOL. You crack me up.
10-09-2006, 07:54 PM
10-09-2006, 09:22 PM
10-10-2006, 07:04 PM
If the westboro church ever comes around RI, they better brase themselves. A whole bunch of military guys go to my gym, a lot of which are on juice. Put them in a ring with a westboro-mofo and watch the beatings.
10-10-2006, 07:14 PM
I sent an email to those freaks. Here it is
"No, I'm not "bashing" you people, I just want a simple question answered. I am going to abide by rule #2, Any messages containing obscene, pejorative or hostile language will not be personally responded to.
Infact, I'm going to tell you folks what I agree with you on. Is god dissapointed with America. Yes, no doubt. We kill unborn children, have gay marrage, have sex out of sheer lust, to name a few.
However, what ever happened to forgiveness. "Forgive and you will be forgiven" are some of the words of christ. You are not free of sin, no one is. Christ said you will be measuered by the same stick you measure with. Did jesus ever protest prostitutes and the likes? No.
I would REALLY appreciate a responce.
Thank you for your time. "
I really want to see what they say to that.
10-10-2006, 07:19 PM
10-11-2006, 12:09 AM
LUKE 6:35-38 NKJ
35 "But love your enemies, do good, and lend, hoping for nothing in return; and your reward will be great, and you will be sons of the Highest. For He is kind to the unthankful and evil.
36 "Therefore be merciful, just as your Father also is merciful.
37 "Judge not, and you shall not be judged. Condemn not, and you shall not be condemned. Forgive, and you will be forgiven. 38 "Give, and it will be given to you: good measure, pressed down, shaken together, and running over will be put into your bosom. For with the same measure that you use, it will be measured back to you."
10-11-2006, 12:54 AM
And be ye kind one to another, tenderhearted, forgiving one another, (even as*) God for Christ's sake hath forgiven you.
* taking liberty to imply 'because'
So...forgive to be forgiven. Forgive as (because) we have been forgiven.
Forgiveness, a free gift received in faith and of salvation.
Forgive to be forgiven. Withold forgiveness and forgiveness is witheld?
BTW I profess Christianity and Jesus as the Christ.
10-11-2006, 01:03 AM
Your making me feel all warm and fuzzy B.
10-11-2006, 01:08 AM
10-11-2006, 01:14 AM
Interesting indeed. I am not smart enough to figure all that stuff out. I just know one thing: "THERE BUT FOR THE GRACE OF GOD GO I".
10-11-2006, 01:35 AM
Mercy is not receiving what we deserve.
Grace is receiving what we don't deserve.
May grace and mercy be abundant to both of us.
10-11-2006, 02:09 AM
10-11-2006, 03:16 AM
You must spread some Reputation around before giving it to B5150 again.Originally Posted by B5150
10-11-2006, 07:37 AM
10-11-2006, 07:42 AM
exactly. The parable of the sheep and goats proves that we will be treated the way we treat others, so one can assume that if we withhold forgiveness, we will be treated like the goats...Originally Posted by B5150
"1. King Jesus divided all the people like a shepherd divides the sheep from the goats.
2. The King said to the sheep on his right, “Come into my house. I want to give you many things.”
· I was hungry and you gave me food.
· I was thirsty and you gave me drink.
· I was a stranger and you invited me in.
· I was naked and you gave me clothes.
· I was sick and you took care of me.
· I was in jail and you visited me.
3. The sheep asked, “When did we do all these things?”
4. The King said, “When you did any of these things for one of my people, you did it for me.”
5. The King said to the goats, “Go away from me. Go into the fire that never stops.”
· I was hungry, but you did not give me food.
· I was thirsty, but you did not give me drink.
· I was a stranger, but you did not invite me in.
· I was naked, but you did not give me clothes.
· I was sick, but you did not take care of me.
· I was in jail, but you did not visit me.
6. The goats asked, “When did we not do all these things?”
7. The King said, “When you did not do any of these things for one of my people, you did not do it for me.”
Similar Forum Threads
- By want_some_mass in forum Supplement LogsReplies: 3Last Post: 06-06-2006, 10:34 AM
- By adrenalinaddict in forum Post Cycle TherapyReplies: 18Last Post: 09-28-2005, 03:28 AM
- By lobsterman in forum AnabolicsReplies: 7Last Post: 09-30-2004, 11:23 AM
- By R-Mac in forum PheromonesReplies: 9Last Post: 09-24-2004, 08:41 PM