Eat a cockroach Contest at Six Flags

RenegadeRows

RenegadeRows

Awards
  • Established
GURNEE, Illinois (AP) -- Why wait in line when you can just eat a cockroach?

That's the question Six Flags Great America is asking thrill seekers during a Halloween-themed FrightFest. The amusement park is daring customers to eat a live Madagascar hissing ****roach in exchange for unlimited line-jumping privileges.

The promotion, which has Lake County Health Department officials shaking their heads, starts October 7.

Anyone who chows down the entire 2- to 3-inch horned cockroach gets a pass for four people to cut to the front of ride lines through October 29.

Park officials insist it's safe to eat the crunchy critters, but health officials are cautioning participants.

Consuming live roaches might increase risks of gastrointestinal illness and allergies, according to Bill Mays, Lake County Health Department's community health director.

Cockroach eaters will have to sign waivers and still pay admission fees, said Six Flags spokesman James Taylor.

pistonpump

pistonpump

Banned
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
That's awesome its about time! I dont know if i could do it but i might give it a try. Im not there tho' take that back i wouldnt be able to, im a pussy when it comes to roaches.

Beelzebub

Beelzebub

Awards
  • Established
cool contest, but i highly doubt i'd be capable of doing it, sober anywayz.

somewhatgifted

somewhatgifted

Awards
  • Established
Id eat the cokroach ride the ride then puke. That critter in my belly Would haunt me.

Skye

Skye

Awards
  • Established
they aren't that bad, not when you compare them to those big ass wood grubs, god they are bitter.

dsade

dsade

NutraPlanet Fanatic
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
I'd smoke a roach then go on rides. Does that count?

jomi822

jomi822

Banned
Awards
  • Established
just drink some toremifene before you go for the cockroach. the cockroach will seem like a pina colada after that

or just get incredibly wasted, which for beelz is probably 3/4 a handle of 91% rubbing alcohol.

somewhatgifted

somewhatgifted

Awards
  • Established
just drink some toremifene before you go for the cockroach. the cockroach will seem like a pina colada after that

or just get incredibly wasted, which for beelz is probably 3/4 a handle of 91% rubbing alcohol.
Is that the 15 year or the 20 year premium?

pistonpump

pistonpump

Banned
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
has anyone ate a hissing roach themselves? I wonder what they taste like.

Skye

Skye

Awards
  • Established
has anyone ate a hissing roach themselves? I wonder what they taste like.
well if you cook the hell out of the smaller ones they are kind of crunchy, but it is hard to explain what they taste like, something like a crunchy moth except they are not bitter. They were better then the grasshoppers

stxnas

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
...do you mind if I ask why you know this? Some sort of training or strictly pleasure?

pistonpump

pistonpump

Banned
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
well if you cook the hell out of the smaller ones they are kind of crunchy, but it is hard to explain what they taste like, something like a crunchy moth except they are not bitter. They were better then the grasshoppers
okay well i dont know what those taste like either so dthat didnt help. Ive ate red ants on accident but never anything else. sour or they dont compare to any other normal food?

dsade

dsade

NutraPlanet Fanatic
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
okay well i dont know what those taste like either so dthat didnt help. Ive ate red ants on accident but never anything else. sour or they dont compare to any other normal food?
I heard the red ones are quite Antabolic.

Skye

Skye

Awards
  • Established
...do you mind if I ask why you know this? Some sort of training or strictly pleasure?
My father was a green beret and thought that survival school should be part of any young mans education. To be honest most of the stuff wasn’t bad, the only things I really had a problem with was the big wood grubs, and they were just terrible. To this day I like snake and a few other odd items but some of them I wouldn’t eat most of them again unless I really was starving.

pistonpump, sorry but they taste like bugs really. Its like people saying rattlesnake taste like chicken, sorry it doesn't and the closest thing I can compare that to is lizard. Some are far worse then others and to be completely honest I didn't really try and taste most of them, eating them was a requirement and I got through it as fast as I could. Like I said some of it was good, some just edible and some just puke material (the wood grubs)

Big Matt

Big Matt

All The Whey Nutrition
Awards
  • Established
We all knew it would happen. Damn PETA. If people want to eat cockroaches then let them...

PETA to Six Flags: Stop Eating Roaches - September 26, 2006 - The New York Sun

Good for Six Flags though...they are arguing that it's okay b/c the roaches are high in protein and fat free.

First off....I'll dump cockroaches down my shorts, I'll swim in a pool of them..whatever....but I just can't eat one! I'd throw up for sure before it got half way down the gullet!

2nd....I can appreciate the premise of PETA...but Pah-lease! One thing that really bugs me about those people is that they fail to realize that if early man didn't eat meat and get protein in their systems, the human brain never would have developed and they never would have been able to put a thought together to protest the eating of animals!!! To quote "Red" from "That 70's show"........"dumbasses"!

anabolicrhino

anabolicrhino

Awards
  • Established
P. E. T. C ??? These guys are out of their jurisdiction!!!

I hate waiting in line,... but I'd rather wait in line, then eat a bug.

but by golly,... I'll defend your right to eat bugs, till the day I die!

Pitbull954

Pitbull954

Awards
  • Established
There is no way in hell I would eat one just to cut in line. Because you know after eating it your gonna make yourself feel like crap and not want to ride anyway :icon_lol: