Border guards in Hungary detain 2 people with 16,000 steroid tablets in their car

yeahright

yeahright

Awards
  • Established
Border guards in Hungary detain 2 people with 16,000 steroid tablets in their car

International Herald Tribune
The Associated Press

Hungarian border guards on Thursday detained two Slovak citizens illegally transporting 16,000 tablets of steroids in their car, officials said.

A man and a woman, both Slovak citizens, were trying to enter Slovakia from Hungary at the Vamosszabadi border crossing, some 125 kilometers (80 miles) west of Budapest.

The tablets, containing the steroid methandrostenolone and produced in Romania under the "Naposin" brand name, were hidden between the back seat and the gas tank of the car, said border guard spokeswoman Katalin Pokorny Ilauiszki. The steroids are illegal in many countries, including Hungary.

The two people drew attention to themselves because of their confused behavior and a dog used by border guards sniffed out the drugs in their car, Ilauiszki added.

Border guards in Hungary detain 2 people with 16,000 steroid tablets in their car - Europe - International Herald Tribune

:blink: What exactly would the dogs be trained to smell? Gelatin? Commonly used pharmaceutical binders? Any of you law enforcement types able to satisfy my curiosity?

Skye

Skye

Awards
  • Established
I smell BS here, as I recall it takes specially trained dogs to be able to sniff out steroids. I doubt that the Hungarian border guards would go throught the trouble when our own goverment, far more interested in steroids, does not.

gotripped

gotripped

Banned
Awards
  • Established
Fed's dogs won't even do Steroid finds.

They search for 2 things

1) Drugs : Marijuana, Cocaine, Crystal Meth

2) Bombs : Powders, Explosives yadda

yeahright

yeahright

Awards
  • Established
I smell BS here, as I recall it takes specially trained dogs to be able to sniff out steroids. I doubt that the Hungarian border guards would go throught the trouble when our own goverment, far more interested in steroids, does not.
Yeah, I've been to Hungary....not a sophisticated powerhouse of a nation.
However, I'm still curious just what it is you'd train a dog to smell if you did want to find steroids?

Skye

Skye

Awards
  • Established
Yeah, I've been to Hungary....not a sophisticated powerhouse of a nation.
However, I'm still curious just what it is you'd train a dog to smell if you did want to find steroids?
Several things would work I think, I don't know how practical it would be though. One would the hormones themselves, that is the bases as there is always some left in almost any powder, any of the esters used would also detectable regardless of the form they are in (bound or unbound they have a distinct odor, the same way test e smells). For the tablets I am not sure what they would do, I can only guess that they would have to train the dogs to recognize the individual steroids.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
ChocolateClen General Chat 9
Matthew1237 General Chat 5
BPjohn123 Supplement Logs 133
Anabolics 4
Anabolics 10