We are now obsessed

Ziricote

Ziricote

Awards
  • Established
From the report:
"It is good to exercise, to lift weights, and to eat the foods that make your body function well," Tylka said. But it is not good to be preoccupied with working out just to bulk up, she said. These men were not eating healthy, but cutting out major food groups like carbohydrates and consuming massive amounts of protein.
Is this supposed to be a joke? Does the reporter realise that the majority of people in the world today do not eat "healthy" and that anyone wanting to improve their physique is more likely to eat right? As for not eating carbohydrates, who the hell is she talking about? Even carb restricted diets have carbs in them!

Bah.

brk_nemesis

brk_nemesis

yea!!!!!
Awards
  • Established
"Reviewing previous studies, Tylka "found that media images of men in action toys, Playgirl centerfolds, etc., have become increasingly muscular over the last 25-30 years.""

- oh man, u know what this means, we are going to imitating the greeks/romans where we craft up huge statues of very muscular men, and then begin strolling around town in togas, trying to show off our M...U..S...C...L...E...S..:toofunny:

gotripped

gotripped

Banned
Awards
  • Established
Allow me to pick this b*tch apart.

"They start to believe that the only attractive male body is a muscular one," Tylka said. "And when they internalize that belief, they judge themselves on that ideal and probably come up short, because it is not a realistic portrayal of men."

Last I checked the fat asses sitting on their couches and playing xbox all day are not attractive. When was the last time you heard a girl say, "Man that guy is sooooooo hot he's got a sexy ass beer gut!" But yeah muscle? testosterone? being strong? GEESH That's not what a man is! WTF! When did they come up with that sh*t?!

Those who felt their bodies didn't measure up to the ideal reported that they worked out so much that weight training interfered with other parts of their lives. They also took protein supplements, were likely to report eating disorder symptoms, and thought about using steroids to enhance muscle growth.

Yeah I can see where working out interferes with the rest of my 23 hours of the day. It's pretty bad! Like Out of the 24 hours of each day I only have 23 extra hours to do something. Sh*T! Where did the time go!! I'll never be able to catch up to all the drinking and 10 hour halo tournaments I missed out on!

"It is good to exercise, to lift weights, and to eat the foods that make your body function well," Tylka said. But it is not good to be preoccupied with working out just to bulk up, she said. These men were not eating healthy, but cutting out major food groups like carbohydrates and consuming massive amounts of protein.

DAMN! I guess we're all working out to Bulk up, but we're not eating any carbohydrates to bulk up either huh? Yeah I just ate 300g of protein today. Let's see that's a good 1200 calories! OH SH*T SON! NOT 1200 BULKING CALORIES ! NOOO I'm gonna get Hyoooooooooge by not eating carbohydrates huh!?!?! Yeah we should totally forget about working out for making ourselves look like strong big healthy men huh?

After reading this 98485601 AM members realize how much of a douchebag this homo is.

brk_nemesis

brk_nemesis

yea!!!!!
Awards
  • Established
Yeah I can see where working out interferes with the rest of my 23 hours of the day. It's pretty bad! Like Out of the 24 hours of each day I only have 23 extra hours to do something. Sh*T! Where did the time go!! I'll never be able to catch up to all the drinking and 10 hour halo tournaments I missed out on!

:icon_lol:

wastedwhiteboy2

wastedwhiteboy2

Board Supporter
Awards
  • Established
getripped, I had to copy that link and your post and email it to my wife. that was great!

gotripped

gotripped

Banned
Awards
  • Established
Yeah thanx bro. I was just venting cause I hear that crap ALL the time.

bioman

bioman

Awards
  • Established
Good god, what an overly generalized pos article. Yes, there are guys who have issues and take things way too far..like male anorexics or gym rat fiends, but to apply that to anyone who wants to build muscle is just irresponsible. This person does not have a clue.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
Nutrition / Health 33
Anabolics 2
Training Forum 8