Sun rays boost immune system - AnabolicMinds.com

Sun rays boost immune system

1. Elite Member

Post Sun rays boost immune system

Sun rays boost immune system: study. 04/09/2006. ABC News Online

[This is the print version of story Sun rays boost immune system: study. 04/09/2006. ABC News Online

Sun rays boost immune system: study
    Researchers have found spending a few minutes a day in the sun could help the body fight auto-immune diseases.

The study by the University of Tasmania has found the vitamin helps cells regulate immune responses.

This can help prevent diseases such as multiple sclerosis, rheumatoid arthritis and type I diabetes.

University of Tasmania researcher Ros Malley says while vitamin D is found in some dairy products and fish, it is mainly absorbed from regular exposure to sunlight.

"Our major source of vitamin D is from exposure to sunlight and you don't need very much sunlight to produce adequate amounts of vitamin D and this might be as little as five to 15 minutes, four to six times a week," he said.

Associate Professor Graeme Jones from the Menzies Research Institute says vitamin D is essential for normal bone and muscle function.

"If you've got severe deficiency of vitamin D you get what's called osteomalacia in adults, which gives you bone pain and weak muscles," he said.

"If you've got milder forms of deficiency you get weak muscles and you break easily."

2. Banned
    Stats
    6'2"  225 lbs.

Well I have always known this but I dont really reap the benefiets seeing how i am almost completely nocturnal. But my shift is changing soon so I can enjoy the sunny goodness.
  3. Elite Member

Quote Originally Posted by pistonpump
    Well I have always known this but I dont really reap the benefiets seeing how i am almost completely nocturnal. But my shift is changing soon so I can enjoy the sunny goodness.
    Seems like a crime to live in Hawaii and not get some regular sun exposure.
    •   

4. Banned
    Stats
    6'2"  225 lbs.

NO ****! youre telling me! LOL I have been cursing the sun of late tho because Its been making me drench the bedsheets with sweat sleeping during the afternoon.
  5. Registered User

lol What are you complaing about YOU LIVE IN HAWAII! That's like *****ing about living in the Carribean, your not allowed to complain, so quiet u, lol. Ya you should feel how hot it get in Canada now, i'm in Ontario and it can get up over 40 degrees in the summer now and i'm used to the cold from our winters so it's killin me.
  6. Banned
    Stats
    6'2"  225 lbs.

over 40 and youre hot? what are you talking or smoking? haha Celcius or Fahrienhiet (spelt wrong but i dont give a sh1t) I would like to live in canada, arent you guys allowed to grow a certain amount of pot for personal use on your own property? I thought i saw a documentary on that a while back....Anyway try bulking in a hot humid land its not as easy IMO.
  7. Banned
    Stats
    6'2"  225 lbs.

Cutting isnt cake either with all this good multi cultural food here it gets reeeaaaalll tempting to gorge.
  8. Senior Member

Smile

Quote Originally Posted by pistonpump
    Cutting isnt cake either with all this good multi cultural food here it gets reeeaaaalll tempting to gorge.
    Not to mention "big wave tow-in" surfing!!!!

Now that the lid is off the whole "the sun is good for you" barrel, you really should get some, if for no other reason then its free!!!
  9. Banned
    Stats
    6'2"  225 lbs.

yah but anything in excess can be bad. like skin cancer and whatever else...but I use protection *wink wink* or i try, sometimes in the heat of the moment i just rush it!!! nah but surfing or just being in strong current or big waves is quite the workout.
  •   

Similar Forum Threads

1. Tai Chi May Boost Immune System
    By yeahright in forum 35 and Older
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 04-01-2007, 10:07 PM
  2. Herbs to fortify the immune system?
    By BigVrunga in forum Supplements
    Replies: 21
    Last Post: 05-04-2005, 04:29 PM
  3. immune system
    By TUCKER in forum Anabolics