Bush Nixes Public Access to EPA Libraries.

Skye

Skye

Awards
  • Established
A bunch of alarmist BS. If this info was that damn important then there would be access to it in other forms. Almost all current info is published digitally. This is probably one of the few things he has do that make sense.

bioman

bioman

Awards
  • Established
Assuming this is true because I have doubts about the source cited...

Skye- And how does it make sense? We PAY for that information and it's archiving. We should therefore have access to it.

Skye

Skye

Awards
  • Established
Assuming this is true because I have doubts about the source cited...

Skye- And how does it make sense? We PAY for that information and it's archiving. We should therefore have access to it.
We should, but it is not really a very cost effective way of doing it. Comparing his closing of what are really underused/expensive institutions. Most everything that is worthwhile gets put on digital now days. My personal experience with this revolves around the bucket study (900,000 dollars and they suggested that the buckets should slowly leak so children would not drown) There just are really more cost effective ways of doing this now days. Nothing I say in that (I hate to call it an article) suggest they are doing anything other trimming up, again almost all research data now days is available in digital form. They are talking about the cuts hitting the online OLS catalog but I really don't see that happening.

I am sorry but when you have an agency that waste that much money it should be curtailed a little.

bioman

bioman

Awards
  • Established
Ok, I see what you are saying and put into that context, I agree. The citation is definitely iffy so I wasn't about to buy into it entirely. Given that we haven't heard a thing about this in the MSM, it's almost certainly been taken out of context and sensationalized by this author.

Skye

Skye

Awards
  • Established
Ok, I see what you are saying and put into that context, I agree. The citation is definitely iffy so I wasn't about to buy into it entirely. Given that we haven't heard a thing about this in the MSM, it's almost certainly been taken out of context and sensationalized by this author.
I have heard it from a few other places. but it seams that it part of his budget plan, not an exc order or anything. (of cource people are throwing fits before anyone knows anything for certain.) With bush being as unpopular as he is now it really is open season.

Gumbo

Gumbo

Awards
Is that really a "news" site??? Looks more like a biased source of news.

Gumbo

wastedwhiteboy2

wastedwhiteboy2

Board Supporter
Awards
  • Established
too bad bush cant restrict access to reporters only.