Pluto officially no longer a planet

jomi822

jomi822

Banned
Awards
  • Established
Scientists decide Pluto's no longer a planet - Space.com - MSNBC.com

"Capping years of intense debate, astronomers resolved Thursday to demote Pluto in a wholesale redefinition of planethood that is being billed as a victory of scientific reasoning over historic and cultural influences. But the decision is already being hotly debated.

Officially, Pluto is no longer a planet.

"Pluto is dead," said Mike Brown, a planetary scientist at the California Institute of Technology who spoke with reporters via a teleconference while monitoring the vote. The decision also means a Pluto-sized object that Brown discovered will not be.......Scientists decide Pluto's no longer a planet - Space.com - MSNBC.com

Rage (SoCal)

Board Supporter
Awards
  • Established
This news pretty much ruins the rest of my year.

CROWLER

CROWLER

Anabolic Innovations Owner
Awards
  • Established
I agree with this decision 100% If you really studied and understood Metaphysics and planetary science you would too.

Besides that, the last time I was on Pluto it was all dirty and run down anyways.

CROWLER

Beau

Beau

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Best Answer
That will make it easier for me anyway; I always got him and Goofy mixed up. If it had to be one of them, they made the right choice; after all, at least Goofy can talk.

Justice has been served.

bpmartyr

bpmartyr

Snuggle Club™ mascot
Awards
  • Established
Just when ya get all the T-shirts printed up they go and reclassify on ya. Go figure.

glg

glg

Awards
  • Established
I can see it now...

When my grandchildren grow up I'll be senile in the nursing home chattering about how there used to be 9 planets in the solar system.

They'll be rolling their eyes and saying things like "now gramps you know that isn't true...."

dwaf planets...what is the difference between a dwarf and a moon...{make a punch line to fit} LOL

jmh80

jmh80

Awards
  • Established
Well - this is to be expceted.

Pluto hasn't been living up to expectations the last few years. They haven't made the playoffs in 4 seasons - and it's all Pluto's fault.
Time to bring in someone new.

B5150

B5150

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
"My Very Educated Mother Just Showed Us Nine Planets"

Everything I was told is a lie!

Beau

Beau

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Best Answer
"My Very Educated Mother Just Showed Us Neptune"
Wow, consider yourself fortunate. I can think of another planet which, if shown to you, would have been far more troublesome.

Beau

Beau

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Best Answer
I'm still struggling with the inequity of this. One, Goofy, can talk; while the other, Pluto, cannot. I know this, were I in Pluto's position (I'm assuming it would be "Doggie") - first with respect to the "no-talking thing" and now with this planet/no-planet quandry - I'd be one PO'd puppy.

I trust I speak the sentiments of many who have chosen to remain slient (much like Pluto - ironic).

tomall2

Awards
Also confusing, now does that make one from Pluto homeless or just a dwarf?

Jayhawkk

Jayhawkk

Legend
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
dwarf but they have to wait till Dopey passes away before adding Pluto. too much involved in chancing all the story books and the Walt Disney rights by making it 8 dwarfs.

Beau

Beau

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Best Answer
dwarf but they have to wait till Dopey passes away before adding Pluto. too much involved in chancing all the story books and the Walt Disney rights by making it 8 dwarfs.
Excellent catch; the plot (and its implications) thicken.

Beelzebub

Beelzebub

Awards
  • Established
wait. no more pluto???

life has lost all meaning. time to change my cats name.

tsc

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
Perhaps Pluto is perfectly happy with the change!?! Afterall, who wants to be a snooty planet anyway. Lil P' (the satellite formerly known as Pluto) is venturing off into his own solo project, no longer being held back and in the shadow of all the hater planets and their groupies.

TSC