ON GUARD: School officials look out for signs of performance-enhancing drug usage - AnabolicMinds.com

ON GUARD: School officials look out for signs of performance-enhancing drug usage

1. Elite Member

Post ON GUARD: School officials look out for signs of performance-enhancing drug usage

OK, teens should DEFINATELY avoid taking such substances, but I thought this article was silly.

ON GUARD: School officials look out for signs of performance-enhancing drug usage

"Rapidly bulking up. Quick personality changes. Swift increases in weightlifting. They all are signs of possible use of performance-enhancing drugs, including steroids."

Hmmmmmmmmm, they're also signs of adolescence.....you know, when your body can radically transform itself in a couple months....when your personality is confused and still forming.

Gotta wonder about the chaos this will cause. "Is your teenager moody? Then he might be on steroids."

Altoona Mirror - Making It Happen For You

2. On my grind
    Stats
    5'8"  182 lbs.

Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation

Christ almighty! I can just see it now! Especially with the way a lot of sports coaches these days are. They dont know there ass from a hole in the ground when it comes to supps.
    E-Pharm Rep... PM me with any questions or concerns
  3. Registered User
    Stats
    5'9"  240 lbs.

Unbelievable, the summer between my soph and Junior year I gained like 40lbs, and that was with a crappy diet and a raggedy old weight set. I can just imagine what kids can do today with the technology and info available via internet etc.
    •   

4. Board Sponsor
    Stats
    6'7"  270 lbs.

gotta watch them teens for acne too...that will for sure tell that they are on roids..
    ADVANCED MUSCLE SCIENCE STRONGEST ON THE MARKET
    http://www.nutraplanet.com/manufacturer/advanced-muscle-science/
  5. Senior Member

Smile

We have to stop them now before they grow up and take our jobs!
    Some may even want to run the country!
    Believe me this is only the begining they breed like rabbits!!!
  6. Diamond Member
    Stats
    5'8"  230 lbs.

They'll be using the signs given in the mens fitness article.
  7. Banned

"Nedimyer also talks to student-athletes about the affect of using drugs like anabolic steroids and creatine"

creatine is a drug? wow this article is informative, i didnt know that. its always grouped right up there with steroids, it must be pretty bad. ban it
  8. Elite Member
    Stats
    5'8"  195 lbs.

Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation

Quote Originally Posted by jomi822
    "Nedimyer also talks to student-athletes about the affect of using drugs like anabolic steroids and creatine"

creatine is a drug? wow this article is informative, i didnt know that. its always grouped right up there with steroids, it must be pretty bad. ban it
    A friend of mine got suspended in high school because he had Creatine Monohydrate in his bookbag. It was in the GNC container, but they said that it LOOKED like an illicit drug, so they suspended him.

Some dumbass at my college wrote a persuasive article about how creatine was a steroid and should be banned. Where do these people get these insane ideas? What next, banning the consumption of larget amounts of protein or exercise all together? Rediculous I tell you!!!
  9. Elite Member

Quote Originally Posted by Basso
    Unbelievable, the summer between my soph and Junior year I gained like 40lbs, and that was with a crappy diet and a raggedy old weight set. I can just imagine what kids can do today with the technology and info available via internet etc.
    I went away for a summer when I was 14.....spent it at my grandparents working for their business (mowing lawns, landscaping, etc.) with my downtime spent swimming. I started the summer all puffy and weak and came back tanned and buff. I guess today I'd be explaining myself to the school principal.
    Last edited by yeahright; 08-20-2006 at 02:21 PM.
  10. Banned

Quote Originally Posted by stxnas
    A friend of mine got suspended in high school because he had Creatine Monohydrate in his bookbag. It was in the GNC container, but they said that it LOOKED like an illicit drug, so they suspended him.

Some dumbass at my college wrote a persuasive article about how creatine was a steroid and should be banned. Where do these people get these insane ideas? What next, banning the consumption of larget amounts of protein or exercise all together? Rediculous I tell you!!!
    suspended him for creatine? how the hell did they get away with that? suspending a kid for a non-controlled over the counter supplement? my parents would have hired a lawyer before the bastard was done patting himself on the back
  11. Board Supporter
    Stats
    6'0"  195 lbs.

my son is only 3 but he will damn sure be taking creatine and protein when he is in high school. I wish I had the knowledge then that I did now. I was an awsome athelete and would have been even better. I also would have avoided alcohol more.
  12. Elite Member
    Stats
    5'8"  195 lbs.

Quote Originally Posted by jomi822
    suspended him for creatine? how the hell did they get away with that? suspending a kid for a non-controlled over the counter supplement? my parents would have hired a lawyer before the bastard was done patting himself on the back
    I know, I didn't understand it either...and to make things worse his dad was the ROTC teacher their. I did go to a really bad school though and we had lock downs and searches and **** like that all of the time. They said he was in trouble b/c they thought it was cocaine at first, but come on.
  13. Senior Member
    Stats
    6'0"  255 lbs.

Holy crap man...I fixed my form in Squats and Bench my Freshman year, and doubled both maxes by end of year.
    E-Pharm Nutrition Representative
  14. Banned

i came back 40lbs heavier from sophomore to junior year. they had yanked me into an office and threatened to test me before i had even settled in. i was also called down to the drug counselors office and questioned later that year.

i never touched gear in high school and dont know anyone that did.
  15. Professional Member

I know, I didn't understand it either...and to make things worse his dad was the ROTC teacher their. I did go to a really bad school though and we had lock downs and searches and **** like that all of the time. They said he was in trouble b/c they thought it was cocaine at first, but come on.
    If my kid got in trouble for bringing creatine too school I would have the principal fired for being a complete moron.
  16. Registered User
    Stats
    5'9"  240 lbs.

Quote Originally Posted by jminis
    If my kid got in trouble for bringing creatine too school I would have the principal fired for being a complete moron.
    Yeh, I really thought we were past this creatine thing, I guess an initial reaction to a container with white powder would warrant concern, but once they realized it was creatine, an apology and maybe a little chuckle then send the boy on his way.
  17. Elite Member
    Stats
    5'8"  195 lbs.

Quote Originally Posted by jminis
    There were four different principles at that school in four years. It was a bad area and my only guess was that they were trying to avoid ANYTHING being brought to school. Still BS though...and to all of you guys that talk about putting on 30 - 40 pounds in highschool Well, I did too, but that only put me at 140 so nobody was accusing me of anything. LOL.

On a side note, the sports doctor that the football coach was sending his guys to got arrested for giving multiple players anabolic steroids. He shot my elbow up with cortizone free of charge. I didn't know any better at the time, but it ultimately ended my pitching career...just trying to give you guys an idea of what kind of shady area I lived in.
  18. New Member

I love how they listed the "typical" side effects assciated with steroid use. i mean lets be honest thes are speculations, no one really knows what effects the drugs have because it is so individual response based. I hate the F***ing media. I mean high school kids shouldn't use the drugs but professionals do and will always use.
  19. yea!!!!!
    Stats
    6'3"  249 lbs.

lol i can see it know.. lol,.
    - Coach walks up to tackle, "u didnt make that tackle last night son, thats 5 laps today at practice. Oh and im upin ur dose of deca by 2x. hopefully YOU will take advantage of all the strength I have given you."
    The principle walks by," Oh hello Coach Stocky, you havent seen any tell tell signs lately if u know what i mean, i dont want my schools appearence and reputation lookin bad anytime soon."
    "Oh of course not Principle Bythebook," said Coach Stocky," i understand, and no i havent seen any tell tell signs mame."
    As the principle walks off, the player says," Coach what was that about?"
    "Politics, son," said Coach Stocky," politics,..by the book dam politics.... Now get the **** back in that weight room and get me a new bench max. Dont make me up ur dose again.....
    punk."

20. New Member
    Stats
    6'1"  190 lbs.

Quote Originally Posted by FLgator
    I love how they listed the "typical" side effects assciated with steroid use. i mean lets be honest thes are speculations, no one really knows what effects the drugs have because it is so individual response based. I hate the F***ing media. I mean high school kids shouldn't use the drugs but professionals do and will always use.
    I completely agree with you especially when people talk about being more agressive. When I am on I am the nicest and calmest person to be around but when Im off is when it turns into a different story
  21. New Member
    Stats
    6'1"  190 lbs.

There were four different principles at that school in four years. It was a bad area and my only guess was that they were trying to avoid ANYTHING being brought to school. Still BS though...and to all of you guys that talk about putting on 30 - 40 pounds in highschool Well, I did too, but that only put me at 140 so nobody was accusing me of anything. LOL.

On a side note, the sports doctor that the football coach was sending his guys to got arrested for giving multiple players anabolic steroids. He shot my elbow up with cortizone free of charge. I didn't know any better at the time, but it ultimately ended my pitching career...just trying to give you guys an idea of what kind of shady area I lived in.
    Oh, and another thing... Where can I find this doctor?
  22. Diamond Member
    Stats
    5'8"  230 lbs.

There's a lot of teens that try and get their hands on this stuff and indeed abuse the hell out of it. Concern should be there because when they plop over dead everyone is hurt. Just proper concern and not uneducated reasoning used.
  23. Registered User

I wonder if those who bring guns to school do so because of roid rage.

Seriously, get schools safe from violence, and THEN remove drugs.
  24. yea!!!!!
    Stats
    6'3"  249 lbs.

Quote Originally Posted by spatch
    I wonder if those who bring guns to school do so because of roid rage.

Seriously, get schools safe from violence, and THEN remove drugs.
    no way lol. roid rage makes you wanna rip someone in half not shoot em lol
  25. New Member
    Stats
    6'1"  190 lbs.

I think roid rage is over rated. I never really got it besides my frist cycle when I would get plastered, and I am naturally an angry drunk...
  26. Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by swangswang
    I think roid rage is over rated.
    Yeah, I agree. I was just being a soccer mom in my above post.
  27. New Member
    Stats
    6'1"  190 lbs.

Haha I feel you spatch. All of my friends that dont use roids or prohormones (which is about all of them) are always like "dont you get roid rage and freak out?" and I cant help but laugh. People are so uneducated when it comes to the use of AAS
  28. yea!!!!!
    Stats
    6'3"  249 lbs.

Haha I feel you spatch. All of my friends that dont use roids or prohormones (which is about all of them) are always like "dont you get roid rage and freak out?" and I cant help but laugh. People are so uneducated when it comes to the use of anabolic steroids
    but at the same time many of this uneducated people are above college age, so you would think that they have enough common since after all he bio and chem classes taken in high school and college and so on. lol i had a pharm. major guy walk up to me at the campus gym last week and ask me ," u know anything about roids man, i thinkin about them but i dont wanna be mean or get really small balls. i also heard u lose whatever u gain so... what do u think?"

lol i was like do some research aka pubmed, and his like," oh ive been there and many other medical journal e- insttutions. ive spend many hours on them doing research for my pharmaceutidcal degree." -i was like whoa. ur like 26, prob do more research bout biology and chemistry than many and many others i know, yet u are still believe the crap that was fed out by the "health" teacher from high school. wow can only describe the endless cycle of anxiety im feeling at this point.
  29. Diamond Member
    Stats
    5'8"  230 lbs.

When I was on M1T I was very aggressive.
  30. Banned

m1t and tren are not for those prone ot anger issues, for me tren was significantly worse than m1t

i rarely hear of any legit anger issues coming from substances such as testosterone, deca, and eq. Tren just seems to set most people, including myself, off.

i doubt too many high school kids are pinning fina.

the hormone profiles of these high school kids, and i saw my own back then, resemble that of an individual coming off a test cycle. 1000-1500 ng/dl of testosterone is not uncommon. It also easily fluctuates 200-400 each way at any given time of the month. hm..agression, rapid build of of muscle, desire to be attractive and physically superior leading to more time in the gym and therefore great muscle mass, i think i know what the real problem is here.

steroids are produced in the testicles during puberty, what we need to do is cut of the testicles of every adolescent. testicles also produce testosterone in professional atheltes, they are a performance enahcning organ. WADA, you know what to do. we need to start testing our athletes for testicles.
  31. New Member
    Stats
    6'1"  190 lbs.

haha good post jomi.
    My cycle of M1T was complete sh1t... I was never aggressive... I was a little more arrogant than usual but deffinately not aggressive.
  32. Registered User

Haha I feel you spatch. All of my friends that dont use roids or prohormones (which is about all of them) are always like "dont you get roid rage and freak out?" and I cant help but laugh. People are so uneducated when it comes to the use of anabolic steroids

Yea, you cant talk about roids with 99% of people. According to them, if you juice, your nuts will shrink to the size of peas, your cat will be hit by a car, and the moon will explode (well, that makes as much scientific sence as what they really do say)
  33. New Member
    Stats
    6'1"  190 lbs.

haha i hear ya spatch. are you on or starting anything any time soon?
  •   

Similar Forum Threads

1. Replies: 0
    Last Post: 04-01-2012, 09:18 PM
  2. Couple new supplements to look out for.
    By brownstown89 in forum Supplements
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 08-15-2010, 05:26 PM
  3. Any new preworkouts to look out for?
    By ammoarsenal in forum Supplements
    Replies: 30
    Last Post: 02-17-2010, 10:14 AM
  4. Why You Should Look Out for Yellow Veg
    By yeahright in forum Nutrition / Health
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 08-16-2006, 10:16 PM