"Anti-stupid" pill tested on mice

yeahright

yeahright

Awards
  • Established
"Anti-stupid" pill tested on mice
Reuters Sat Aug 5, 9:10 AM ET

A German scientist has been testing an "anti-stupidity" pill with encouraging results on mice and fruit flies, Bild newspaper reported on Saturday.

It said Hans-Hilger Ropers, director at Max-Planck-Institute for Molecular Genetics in Berlin, has tested a pill thwarting hyperactivity in certain brain nerve cells, helping stabilise short-term memory and improve attentiveness.

"With mice and fruit flies we were able to eliminate the loss of short-term memory," Ropers, 62, is quoted saying in the German newspaper, which has dubbed it the "world's first anti-stupidity pill."

CDB

CDB

Awards
  • Established
How the hell do you test short term memory in fruit flies? I'm wondering if this pill can stop people from making right turns from the left lane. That would be a ****ing miracle drug.

bioman

bioman

Awards
  • Established
We should force feed it in megadoses to politicians and bureaucrats.

Jayhawkk

Jayhawkk

Legend
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
I'd be first in line for that drug but unfortunately it would probably be in the wrong line and I would end up at a Toys R Us...Again. I like those little nail things that take the shape of your hands and face when you push into em.

kwyckemynd00

kwyckemynd00

Awards
  • Established
I'd be first in line for that drug but unfortunately it would probably be in the wrong line and I would end up at a Toys R Us...Again. I like those little nail things that take the shape of your hands and face when you push into em.
Dont worry....if you end up at toys r us, theyll probably have a huge supply.

Afterall, kids keep getting more and more stupid with their attention spans contually shrinking.

You'll be at just the right place :)

yeahright

yeahright

Awards
  • Established
Can you pick up some Pokemon games for my kids while you're there?