High Levels of Estrogens in Our Drinking Water?

SubliminalX

SubliminalX

Awards
  • Established
Third of male fish in rivers are changing sex | the Daily Mail

It's a European article, but this could also be a conceivable problem in the States.

---------------------------

"Although there is no conclusive proof, it is thought the hormone, which has similar actions in fish and humans, could be partly to blame for falling sperm counts in men.

British men's sperm counts dropped by almost a third between 1989 and 2002, and one in six couples now have difficulty conceiving.

Prof Tyler said: 'There is certainly the potential for it to have an effect in humans - and possibly a marked effect.'

The Environment Agency is looking at ways of improving the sewage treatment process, to either remove oestrogen during the process or reduce the amount that is discharged into our waterways."

Ziricote

Ziricote

Awards
  • Established
South-east English water is supposed to be pretty bad for it. Scottish water is way better :D

gotripped

gotripped

Banned
Awards
  • Established
LOL! See all of the rest of us who "supplement" with "alpha male" products. Will be surpassing all of the future homos. We will be the Superior Alpha Male race while all the skinnies will be saying "I don't do that stuff it shrinks your weiner" HAHAHAHHA!!!!!!!!!!

dagecko

dagecko

Awards
  • Established
LOL! See all of the rest of us who "supplement" with "alpha male" products. Will be surpassing all of the future homos. We will be the Superior Alpha Male race while all the skinnies will be saying "I don't do that stuff it shrinks your weiner" HAHAHAHHA!!!!!!!!!!
Hahaha! Gotripped that's a good one! Man! LOL! :rofl: :toofunny:

kwyckemynd00

kwyckemynd00

Awards
  • Established
This must be how I go pubescent gyno... :sad: Oh well. I love titty milk so I won't complain too much.

Jayhawkk

Jayhawkk

Legend
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
This is what Kwyk likes to have along with his albacore.

DazzlinJack

Awards
  • Established
omg everywhere you go, nature seems to prefer putting estrogen into it's creation instead of testosterone. i mean, really, is test really that hard to put in, say, lettuce? geez nature, geez.

bearmeat

Awards
  • Established
omg everywhere you go, nature seems to prefer putting estrogen into it's creation instead of testosterone. i mean, really, is test really that hard to put in, say, lettuce? geez nature, geez.
From the article it appears humans are inadvertently putting estrogen into water, not nature, probably through run off from pesticides etc.

kwyckemynd00

kwyckemynd00

Awards
  • Established
From the article it appears humans are inadvertently putting estrogen into water, not nature, probably through run off from pesticides etc.
Its not inadvertant. Its all of those pussy hippies who think we're better off with no fortitude :D Its a conspiracy I tell ya!!!

anabolicrhino

anabolicrhino

Awards
  • Established
Some theories suggest that the estrogen is coming from the urine of human females, who are using "birth control" hormones. There is also speculation about plastic products breaking down into chemicals that inhibit estrogen recptors, thereby causing a rebound effect in the male body.
Luckily, I grew up near a toxic chemical dump in New Jersey and have become immune to most of the weaker metabolites!!!

SubliminalX

SubliminalX

Awards
  • Established
Keep in mind that the default developmental program for humans is female. It's the Y chromosome that gives men the "extra parts." It would seem to take more energy input to make a man -- females have only one X active, while men have both the X and Y active. Think about it, as we get older, we basically become more feminine due to gradual reduction of the energy/chemicals that made us men in the first place. Less we intervene with more "energy input."

I wonder if the genes on the Y chromosome become less active as we age too.