Tobacco May Kill 1 Billion This Century

1. Registered User
    Stats
    5'8"  230 lbs.
    Answers

Tobacco May Kill 1 Billion This Century

WASHINGTON (AP) - Curbing tobacco use and taking other steps to eliminate some of the most common risk factors for cancer could save millions of lives over the next few decades, health officials said Monday.

Tobacco alone is predicted to kill a billion people this century, 10 times the toll it took in the 20th century, if current trends hold.

"In all of world history, this is the largest train wreck not waiting to happen," said John Seffrin, chief executive officer of the American Cancer Society.

Reducing tobacco use would have the single largest effect on global cancer rates, Seffrin and other health officials said Monday in unveiling two reference guides that chart global tobacco use and cancer.
    Rest of story

Let's ban every supplement out there in the mean time...

2. Gate Keeper
    Answers

It's very sad that tobacco has such nasty sides. I'm not a smoker myself but I will be damned if I'll tell someone how to live their life. The statistics are very alarming and shows just how strong of a drug nicotine really is.
  3. Board Supporter
    Stats
    6'0"  200 lbs.
    Answers

Quote Originally Posted by Jayhawkk
    Rest of story

this is the ultimate in hypocricy isn't it no other product that does this much harm would be allowed to continue to be sold,except mabey alcohol.Mabey if the supplement industry bought some senators the way tobacco co. have I would still be able to buy 4ad etc.
    •   

4. Bananas
    Board Sponsor
    Stats
    5'10"  201 lbs.
    Answers

Quote Originally Posted by Jayhawkk
    Rest of story

Good post jayhawkk!!!!!!
  5. Banned
    Answers

tobacco will not kill a single person. 1 billion people will CHOOSE to kill themselves.

everyone knows how addicting nicotine is, it is no secret. we know it causes cancer, we know it takes years off lives, we know it slows the rate of healing. Every smoker knows this when they light up a cigarette.
  6. -Dalla Hunga-
    Answers

Its not just the nicotine - its the loads of cancerous crap loaded into cigarettes by your friendly neighboorhood cigarette manufacturer.

I bet you if you everyone was rolling their own from organic tobacco cancer rates would be lower. Not that that's an excuse for inhaling burnt organic material into your lungs, that's never good.

BV
    Answers

I dont really care I know its not going to be me plus too many people

may sound a little ignorant but those people know what they are gettin themselves into
  8. Registered User
    Answers

Quote Originally Posted by Frank N Steroid
    I dont really care I know its not going to be me plus too many people

may sound a little ignorant but those people know what they are gettin themselves into
    I understand your reasoning, but think back to when you were young (not sure how old you are) and never thought anything bad could happen to you. When your young you seem to think your invinsible and can change your bad habits at anytime.

IMO. It's sad that the tabacco companies have so much money for lobbying our law makers.

I believe the crack down the supplement world is crazy. You can trust anyone over 18 and 21 to make the right choices about tabacco and drugs, but not with supplements. A little strange, to me at least!
  9. Registered User
    Stats
    5'10"  180 lbs.
    Answers

I didn't think the nicotine molecule itself causes cancer.

It's the benzene, formaldehyde, butadiene, et all that cause cancer.
  10. Gold Member
    Stats
    6'3"  215 lbs.
    Answers

Are you guys still surprised by this?
  11. Registered User
    Stats
    5'10"  180 lbs.
    Answers

TCO - what up wit' chu?
    Ain't seen your white azz around in a while.
    Hope all is well.
  12. Registered User
    Stats
    5'11"  187 lbs.
    Answers

The worst thing is it doesn't just kill the smokers but the non-smokers aswell!! Cigarette companies pulling together to cripple the world population! Consiparcy Theory!
  13. -Dalla Hunga-
    Answers

The worst thing is it doesn't just kill the smokers but the non-smokers aswell!! Cigarette companies pulling together to cripple the world population! Consiparcy Theory!
    Amazing how your life can be ruined over posessing personal amounts of steroids, rec.drugs, etc but the CEO of a Tobacco company that is making billions of dollars off the deaths of millions of people is free to help shape the laws of this country with ill-gotten gains.

BV
  14. Running with the Big Boys
    Answers

Smile

I am thinking of taking up smoking as part of my daily regiment of supplements....my docotor said I am not getting enough tar in my diet!
  15. Registered User
    Answers

I think we need a lot of bodybuilder politicians. Then we need to enact new laws to prosecute to the fullest extent of the law, those hacks that have accepted money to peddle the deadly tobacco products and protect the tabacco companies. They should be charged with felonies for knowingly accepting bribes knowingly legalizing a drug that kills.
    Especially get the anti-steroid two faced politicians that allow tabacco to be sold.
    Heck Arnold used to peddle cigars, guess he will have to be charged too!
  16. Gold Member
    Stats
    6'3"  215 lbs.
    Answers

I think you guys need to actually do something about this instead of talking about it all day on Anabolic Minds. This is about the eleventy thousandth thread here about how much it blows that this or that isn't illegal while steroids are.I'm not trying to sound pretentious, but seriously guys, there's been enough talk. It only takes one person - excuse me, one committed person - to change the world.

Get out there and at least try to get something done.
  17. -Dalla Hunga-
    Answers

It only takes one person - excuse me, one committed person - to change the world.
    Well, when going up against the US government, it usually takes a whole boatload of commited people and a limitless supply of cash, but I get your point

BV
  18. Registered User
    Stats
    5'10"  180 lbs.
    Answers

It takes old people to get laws enacted.

Someone get Jayhawk moving on this!!!
  •   

Similar Forum Threads

1. Replies: 35
    Last Post: 09-12-2011, 11:53 AM
  2. Replies: 9
    Last Post: 11-14-2008, 11:24 AM
  3. This may sound dumb...
    By Lifeguard in forum General Chat
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 04-01-2008, 03:38 PM
  4. best athlete so far this century?